Homemaker Steam Iron KB-166A2

Homemaker Steam Iron KB-166A2

Rust after 8 months little use .. AGAIN

Always used with demineralised water, only use for 2-3 shirts a week. After 8 months use (August 2018 to now) it started to put a red stain on my shirt. Next week leaked all over the shirt and might of ruined it. Wont come out after rinsing, its currently soaking in Napisan so will see how it is afterwards (Fingers crossed) Will take back for refund. Do not recommend

Purchased in August 2018.

Rust residue over clothes after 8 months light use!

Poor performance. Seemed ok initially when used for the ironing with heat up and crease removal. Then after 8 months it sprayed steam and rust from the sole plates over my white shirt! I had only used demineralised water and an iron that rusts like this is rubbish. Never experienced this type of failure with all the irons I have owned in the past. The neat design and light weight don't compensate for this type of disaster.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Very basic but does the job

This is a very basic iron - that's fine for me as I dont iron very often. It's pretty simple, just a rotary dial and steam button. It heats up very fast - probably due to the thin and cheap base on it. Does the trick and can handle cotton no problems. Cheap but basic

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Cheapness is goodness

I rarely irion but occasionally I have to so bought the cheapest iron I could find. You gotta have faith in a product that costs less than lunch! It actually works pretty well. Its light in the hand and feels a little cheesy but it does the intended task and hasnt burnt the house down or anything Lol. Its OK just realize its a very cheap product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Cheaps and does the business

Nothing fancy, but lightweight and gets hot quickly. Easy glide on my shirts so I'm happy.

Slightly confusing temp knob which you get used too. Cord a bit short, would have been better if it were half a metre longer like normal irons.

Don't normally use steam, but it appears to function OK. The squirt nozzle works fine.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Does the job! Would recommend.

This iron heats up quickly and does a great job. It is a very simple iron and doesn't have too many features. I don't have any issues with it apart from it does drip occasionally. For the price I think it is a very good iron. I would recommend it!

Does the job

If a straight-forward, not complicated, easy to use iron is what you are looking for, then look no further than this product. It is great value for money and nice and compact. It takes a bit for the iron to heat up and does have a steam function, although can be a bit complex to work out how to use.

Its cheap, it works

The title pretty much covers it! This is a very basic iron and the cheapest one available that is safe to use (passes safety standards). Its very lightweight and has the normal temperature dial in the centre and steam button on the top of the handle. It heats up fast and does the job but there are obviously better quality ones out there. It does work to an "OK" level though.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

You pay for what you get :-(

This is a very cheap iron that I bought & because I have bought other cheap brands & have worked well, I expected the same for this product. It does heat up quickly, but the temperature gets out of control sometimes. It also drips a lot of water sometimes which is quite annoying. It's a safe product, but definitely not reliable :-(

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Cannot beat the value for money.

The iron heats up well Apart from the water splash from the tank when ironing vigorously. It functions as any other iron. All functions work as expected. The iron is a little heavier than more expensive brands but I do not see that as a negative. A really good product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Good Value for Money

This iron was really cheap to purchase (only $12 at Kmart) and it heats up fine, the temperature and shot of steam / water functions work as they should. It is also light, manageable, reliable and gets the job done. My only issue is that the water leaks a little from the base and top, where the water is added when using the iron vigorously. As such, I need to occasionally iron over clothes to dry them out. The self clean function is not very effective, but I regularly use an iron plate cleaner anyway.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Excellent Budget Steam Iron

Iron heats up pretty fast within a minute, most of the time I use it almost instantly. Temperature control is OK. The most worst part of this iron is the steam burst feature, it leaks a lot of water with the steam and make your clothes wet, would not recommend to use this feature with the iron. Otherwise the iron is safe and reliable.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Perfect iron for a small price

I purchased this iron from Kmart when I first moved out of home at the age of 17. I am now 21 and still have the iron and have had no problems with it whatsoever! It heats up fast and runs very smoothly over my clothes, creating a crease free finish.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Quality Is Not The Best

They say you get what you pay. I paid $12 for this but it is no bargain.
It leaks water so I never use it on steam and the ironing surface is made from some kind of wonder material that accumulates goop and slows down and gets sticky patches when you are using it.
I just bought this as a fill in and now only keep it as back up. leaking water worries me as it is electrical.
I would recommend spending a bit more and getting something better.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Caught fire

This iron is unsafe and ours caught fire, lucky I had just finished ironing and smelt a burning smell to look and see the plate bubbling and smouldering and literally melting down. Big problem and dangerous. I know its cheap but you don't expect it to do that. Keep away from it

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Rubbish

Only cost $12 but wouldn't steam properly and leaked from the outset. Like most of their cheap products - they are rubbish. Returned immediately for a refund and bought a decent product. Wont buy electricals from KMart again .must admit they give refunds easily but would prefer paying double the price to get a decent product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Only $12 however might cost you more if it ruins your clothes

Bought this for just $12 from K-Mart. After a couple of uses the soleplate started to get scorched. Even after cleaning and removing the residue the soleplate would get scorched again. This caused the iron to leave marks on light coloured clothes. The amount saved in buying this iron didn't really end up saving anything because it ruined some clothes. Don't bother with product.

Unfortunately, perhaps a little too cheap and nasty

Pro:
- Cheap, probably the cheapest around
- Can be tolerated for longer that you might expect

Con:
- Steam doesn’t really work properly
- Has a tendency to get odd burn marks on the iron pad, quite quickly
- Temperatures don’t seem to vary greatly

After having one of these for about 2 years (surprised it lasted that long, it was pretty bad) we were sold once again by its under $20 price tag. Unfortunately we probably should have learned our lesson the first time. The new one developed burn marks on the iron pad after only about 2 weeks! Every now and then they will stain clothing. Might be better to steer clear of this one.