• Product is used
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Troy N.
Troy N.

The Free Gift, That I want to give back..

Avoid. I was given one free, it was taken into be serviced, new spark plugs etc.. with in a week it stopped working again... it was free and bad. Avoid.

Purchased in June 2014.

Thomas
ThomasSydney, NSW

Nothing great

Very heavy and robust mower. Although have self propelled function, does not work well on slopes especially going uphill. Rear wheels will turn but no grip on grass. Not suitable for house hold because height adjustment is not simple. Got to do it wheel by wheel after turning off machine. Sold it and now back to using simple mower without self propelled and all the unwanted functions. Not need to have self-turn-off engine when hand is released on mower's handle (to empty catcher). Real pain to restart each time and sometimes it does not restart on the 1st pull.

Purchased in February 2017 for $799.00.

Andrew
AndrewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great mower

I have 1/4 acre and maneuvering this mower is not for smaller land sizes. It's cut is brilliant and a perfect size for my purposes. The engine is superb and it starts every time. The grass catcher is the best I have ever had, it is allowed to breathe so fills up and is easy to carry and tip clippings out.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $750.00.

Blane F.
Blane F.Sydney, NSW

It a ok mower

Brought 2018 - 2019 it's okay it was crap at first kept back firing when I brought it and when it's lower to the ground it back fires serviced it still back fired changed the filter and don't really back fires as much only when it's low

The wheel came off lost the washer I don't know why

Bag ripped a little bit talk to Honda and they said if you don't have the receipt I can't get a replacement bag even know it says life time replacement bag free
Hard to push some areas

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $800.00.

Janelle
Janelle

Do not buy honda service poor mower terrible

This is my first ever product review im 50 so do not buy this mower or any honda mower.
Self propel stopped working after 20 mows back wheels locked dealer refused to fix as wasnt purchased from them it was a bunnings order let bunnings deal with it dealer wants money as not covered grass in belt making it slip. Payed money returned to bunnings got a victa so a honda mower can not handle grass. Look at all reviews its not only me.

Purchased in July 2018 for $799.00.

Happy customer1616
Happy customer1616Hervey Bay

Best mower i have used

I have the self propelled model which i find very easy to use, my yard has a slight incline and I have Palmetto grass which is quite thick which caused problems for my old mower especially the catcher which was always blocking up and most times I had to go over the yard twice to achieve a reasonable result.
The Honda has no problems at all both with cutting and catching so now I have the yard done in half the time. I would recommend this mower to anyone looking for a good mower.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Mower Place for $875.00.

Tony
TonyFar North Queensland, QLD

Great mulching mower - no need to deal with grass cuttings.

Nearly didn't buy after reading comments.
My old mower (big bob) cost $600 24 years ago so that makes the honda at $700 a cheap mower.
Bought the honda for the catcher but found mucking around with a catcher is not for me.
Would have got rid of it but for the way it mulches the grass (and leaves) to nothing.
It was harder to push than the old mower but with a bit tweaking the front wheels turn a lot more freely.
If you think mulching is better than catching I definitely recommend this mower.

Purchased in January 2019 at Honda Dealers for $700.00.

MicklSouth West, WA

Great motor crap mower

Brought through bunnings in 2019. This would be the best engine I have ever owned. As for the mower it is too heavy to push, you can't cut the lawn low enough and as far as adjustment for height goes it is useless. Is either way too high and can't go low enough. Have brought a second hand victa so I can cut my lawn down low to remove the spongy grass. These mowers may be fine on very level smooth lawns but as I said useless on the average uneven block. They cut and mulch like a champ, start well plenty of power but the mower base lets them down big time

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

Luke
LukeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed with this Honda mower

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

WaveBlender
WaveBlenderMelbourne

Good mulching and cutting mower that deals with most situations

I've had mine for almost 4 years now and know it back to front. It mulches nicely and is up to cutting our tough, thick kikuyu couch even when it's been left to grow long. The deck is solid and the motor sufficiently strong.

It's always started first or second pull and the only gripe I have is with the height settings. Lowest is ok if you have a dead flat lawn bowls type of lawn. the next height setting up is about an inch too high for what I want, and I rarely need to go to anything higher.

All in all I'm pleased with it and glad to have spent a few hundred more over the cheaper brands out there.

Purchased in April 2015 for $799.00.

Ian F.
Ian F.

Entry level commercial grade mower

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $664.05.

Chris
Chris

Cutting height issue

Bought this mower as I trust the Honda brand, have only had it a few weeks but so far it starts first time, is reasonably quiet and it cuts the lawn nicely. I don't think the motor is under powered as some others have found. Everything is good except the cutting height adjustments, the lowest height is too low and the next height up is too high, I am going to have to try and add another height myself or see if I can lower the blade height slightly.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $699.00.

Drew2756
Drew2756Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Mower!

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

Bluey
BlueySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed

After buying and using this model for 12 years the 2019 model is inefficient ,heavy and slow and complicated to use.It now rescinded in my shed . I still use my older models !

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,600.00.

Worst mower I've ever used.

Purchased in November 2016 for $729.00.