1.8

• Rates and Fees
GetGoodNoob

GetGoodNoob

Second Super Early Release

I applied for early release for the second time. It was easy, no hassle. It took a little longer than the first one. I had to wait around 2 weeks for the money to show up in my account, whilst the first one took a week. I was kinda worried at first, then I decided to wait longer for them and the bank to process everything, but I finally got the money.

Mr M.

Mr M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not perfect but not the worst

Choice plus investment option is great.
Decent fees.
Good website.
Customer service has been good,
when they did drop the ball, they remediated the issue after a follow up call.
Information easily found online.

Income Protection

The fees they charge are obscene - so many cheaper options out there!

Wearyconsumer

WearyconsumerPeel, WA

DO NOT USE THEM!!

TIRSouthwest, VIC

Would never join HostPlus

T N.

T N.

Zero customer service, zero intelligence

The do not answer emails, nor chats, nor anything really. LONG wait times, and this was pre-Covid
They are a joke. They claim they are there to benefit members, yet they don't answer members.

Darryl P

Darryl PHobart, TAS

Service Can Be Improved

emma

emmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No happy !!

Currently dealing with the resolutions team for my super release , not happy with the service being provided incorrect information being sent out, I have contacted by phone and email several times with no response .. looking at moving my super .. :(

Rhonda M.

Rhonda M.Sydney, NSW

Pretty damn bad

Will definitely be joining a new super fund. Rang to see if everything was ok with my super release, was told everything was good, funds had been transfered to my account, now was in the hands of the bank, could take 5 days for them to release it . When I questioned why that wasn't showing up on my online super account, figure hadn't changed. Host plus said phone was playing up and couldn't hear me. Nothing wrong with my phone. Should be ashamed. Disgusting

Sala

Sala

Awesome super fund

Fast and super easy ATO got approved on Friday and Host plus payed my money in my account on Thursday. Thank you so much Hostplus I’m forever greatful. Best service

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Sala, thanks for the feedback! We’re really glad to read that you received your payment and had a good experience with us. Our team will be so happy to read that you appreciate their efforts. Thanks, Hostplus team

Peter RSydney, NSW

DISAPPOINTING & NOT WHAT I EXPECTED

KevinHawker 2614, ACT

NEVER RETURN YOUR CALLS

Teneal T.Perth, WA

Terrible, no words

No communication, no comments, I've called 3 times with the same excuse.. Just stop lying. If your not going to pay.. how can you still take money from my super

M Johnson

M JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing at how supervisors treat customer complaints professionally with no compassion.

I will definitely be leaving this super as soon as relevant paperwork is sent to me. After requesting to speak to a supervisor who rudely hung up on me after being on the line for 30 minutes (thank you Melissa). I've had enough of being treated poorly. You people disgust me.

HPmember

HPmemberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super release during crisis review

Luke

LukeSydney, NSW

Con... as in I’m confused

G’day.
So in the hostplus replies.. it’s mentioned that once funds have been “ processed “ clients then get a text message saying payment with in 5 business days . Can I ask what stage “ processed “ is ? I can transfer money from my bank account to a mates account & it hits instant or within the next day. Is “ processed “ meaning approved and next stage is transferring funds ? Just be honest with people so everyone can budget and sort out bills. Putting a spin on things ( like the recent CEO email ) just gets most people’s back up. I’m starting to think virgin Australia airlines have more money than hostplus.

Madharry

MadharryCity

Awful fund

Hostplus have been instructed to allocate certain percentages to my Super account. Did they bother, they took money out of capital stableon a redemption aso I have more in other funds like shares and blamed me. I'm giving this fund the flick as they don't care for their members.

agnish

agnishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Holding money4nothing, moving to another one soon

Mrs with PSSAP and Brother with REST both got the money within a week

HOST PLUS status is
Its been 3 weeks today I still haven't received my early release super payment
-Got sms approval from ato the day after i applied
-A week later called Host to check the status and see if they got all info
-Tried calling but 1300 # super busy
-Spend 2 hour with them just to hear, we are processing ur claim it will be there this week or next week possibly but they cant give me a deadline. wth
definitely moving to somewhere else after all this over
Our money when we in need they couldn't help us, how we suppose to trust them
been with them for 15yrs

Horrible

I’m actually getting scared that my early release of my super will not come in from this company? What a joke, I’ve become highly stressed and sick to my stomach. Anybody actually got there money ?

Iam R.

Iam R.South East Queensland, QLD

Horrendous & a Joke

It will be 13 days since HostPlus have been notified by the ATO approving release of my super, the customer service team can not do anything the managers say they will personally sort out by end of the day but don't, so dissapointed that a company of this size can fail its customers and can not release whats not theirs - HostPlus "give my money"

Rhonda M.

Rhonda M.asked

I have applied for mine, 8 days ago, am now anxious,thinking I shouldn't have left it till I was in dire straits....after reading all these reviews I will be changing funds

Teneal T.

I rang 7 times after I said I was going to consumer affairs they paid it the next day

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Rhonda, Thanks for contacting us. Claims can take up to 10 business days from the time you submit your application to the Australian Tax Office (ATO) to the time you receive funds in your nominated bank account. We’ll send you an SMS once we’ve processed your withdrawal. We ask all members to please log into their Hostplus account via Hostplus member online and check that your mobile number is current so we can reach you. If you would like us to check on the progress of your application, we would be more than happy to check this. Please just send us a private message with your full name, Hostplus membership number and mobile. Thanks, Hostplus team.

And

Andasked

Wondering how long early release of super for corona virus takes,rang and told would be there this week-NOT-received the approval from ATO on the 12 May and got txt message from hostplus saying 5 business days it's now the 4 June still nothing will be changing funds me thinks

Matt

They told me twice it was a week away. I got ATO notification on May 16, text from Hostplus saying it would be paid in 3-5 business days on May 19. Still waiting.

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Matt, Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to read you have not received your funds. So we can investigate this for you would you please send us a private message with your name, Hostplus membership number and phone number. We look forward to hearing from you via PM and responding to you. Thanks, Hostplus team

Matt

I was told on Wed 27th May that my payment would be received in 5 business days. I am in quarantine in Sydney until June 10th. Got an email today June 5 that payment will be received in 5 business days. I have been consistently told to wait, and flew back to Australia with the understanding that the funds would be in my account before was due to leave quarantine. This is horrible service. I'm going to put it out there that you are deliberately delaying payments and inventing reasons for delays.

Teneal T.asked

You are a joke... a big fat joke. Been with you for over 10 years. Call 3 times.. emailed 4 times... Been polite every time with clearly you lying to me every time.. 10/10 for the acting you do. Just be honest.... clearly NO One is being paid. What a joke you are.... not happy.

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Teneal, we are sorry that we have not met your expectations during this process. We know how important it is that members in financial distress receive support as quickly as possible and assure you we have never, and would never, employ tactics designed to deliberately slow the processing of ER payments to our members. If you have not already done so, would you please send us a private message with your Hostplus membership number, email and mobile. We have a dedicated team to investigate and respond to early release payments including those that may be delayed. This dedicated will come back to you after 8am EST today and we look forward to assisting you then. Again we apologise for your experience with us. Thanks, Hostplus team.

Jimmy
Jimmy

How do you report this company reading through comments i’m glad im not the only one, they shouldnt be allowed to manage anything i think i could do a better job what a bunch of spastics.

Get an answer from our members and HOSTPLUS representatives

Other Industry Super Funds