HOSTPLUS

Worst

The worst and slowest customer service ever!!!!!!

I made personal contributions in June well before the EOFY. My deposits went missing and didn't appear on my account. Had to wait one month (after EOFY) for them to appear and only after I mentioned lodging a complaint to a tribunal.

Then they didn't ask if I wanted a refund or have them added to my fund. It was after I submitted the Notice of intent of claim tax form so I had to adjust it. I sent in and even posted the adjusted form in the beginning of July and many times after that. All I got was a couple of generic messages not addressing my issues.
I still haven't received a confirmation letter after more than a month so I can't lodge my tax return.

I made a formal complaint to Australian Financial Complaints Authority last night
out of frustration. Today I got an email (someone must have read that I lodged a complaint) saying that they haven't received my form!!!

Customers beware. Money and emails seem to go missing quite often at Hostplus. I can't wait to change to a different super fund. I can't trust my retirement with a company that doesn't value its customers.

Hi NiJi, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and member number so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus.

Hostplus is Fabulous

I have been with Hostplus since 2006 when I started my first Hospitality Job. And so far for me it really is lucky 13, 13 years of superannuation bliss that is.
I love their App, easy to navigate website and the consistent communication is brilliant.
My fund and subsequent investments are going from strength to strength and I couldn't be happier.

Income Protection
Hi Moonie Michael, Thanks so much for the feedback! We work hard to deliver the very best retirement outcomes to our members and it’s great to hear you appreciate our efforts. Please be sure to get in touch if there’s anything we can do to assist further. Our team is available on 1300 467 875 Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm AEST. Thanks again, Hostplus.

Not happy with this super fund will be changing

I joined in 2000. Changed name due to me getting married 2003 host plus changed my name back to my madden name now the hassle I am having to roll my super over to another account is crazy. I wouldn't recommend this super fund

Income Protection
Hi Glenda, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and member number so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus.

Choice plus flexibility

Very satisfied with host plus compared to Ethical retail funds.
Yes phone service not the best, but returns way better. Online service is great, if it makes fees cheaper then I am all for it. Unlisted investment options are great. I don't use insurance.

Income Protection
Hi Matthew, Thanks so much for the feedback! We work hard to deliver the very best retirement outcomes to our members and it’s great to hear you appreciate our efforts. Please be sure to get in touch if there’s anything we can do to assist further. Our team is available on 1300 467 875 Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm AEST. Thanks again, Hostplus.

They lock you out of your account if you forget your password and make you call, but they don't answer the phone?

Waited on hold for over 30 mins more than 4 times.
Emails are unanswered after 3 weeks waiting for a reply.
I have been locked out of my account and cannot reset my password online.

Income Protection
Hi Nikki, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and member number so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus.

I can not even join up!

I have been on the phone for 30 minutes trying to make contact with Hostplus. No response!
Why would anyone waste their time with this group? They can not even answer a phone let alone invest your money properly......tony

Hi Tony, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus.

Horrible customer service - expect to wait....and wait some more

I've been trying to gain access to my online portal for over two weeks now.

The customer call centre is to busy to take my call during the day - it just diverts you to a prerecorded message asking you to call back later and hangs up.

I sent at least three emails and received no reply.

Hopeless!

Hi Nick W, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and member number so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus.

Just lodged salary continuance...

Have just lodged a salary continuance insurance claim for a broken toe.
Found the process slow, and mailing forms to host plus to “review” in a different state to the actual insurer seems like a delaying tactic.
Will further review once I’ve heard back.
Paperwork and claim posted by mail 28th June...

No costumer service

I have been considering moving my Super to Hostplus based on their low fees and recent performance. However, as I have previously had a super with Hostplus that was "lost" my experience hasn't been great so far.
I wrote Hostplus to ensure I wouldn't create a duplicate profile when signing up with them once again, however, I have received no response (after the automated reply saying they would get back to me within 2 business days).
As a result, I tried calling through, however my call was disconnected due to "high volumes of calls". Seeing as people are intending to trust this company with their life savings, I find it troublesome that they put so little effort into attending to their customers.

Many thanks,
Amanda

Perfect for my needs

I transferred to Hostplus 2 months ago. I was previously using a retail fund who delivered poor returns.

So far I'm extremely happy. I declined the insurance option so can't comment on that aspect.

The main function I wanted was to be able to select my own stocks without having to set up an SMSF. So far it has been no less than brilliant. The web portal is easy to use and the on-line information is thorough.

I needed to phone them once. Sure, had to wait 10 minutes to get through to a call-centre person, but they answered my non-trivial question straight away.

I note all the negative reviews. But not all experiences with HostPlus are negaive.
I would give-5 star but I need to wait a year to see if there are any problems.

headache

I got joined up by an employer 3 months ago, I found out last week and the insurance charges I've been hit with is not worth having a super at all. I've cancelled that now twice so hopefully it stops, but i think i will go with another super of my choice on finding out its owned by liddy family trust after research

Ok return wise but not good enough

I took the advise from the Barefoot investor and switched to Hostplus a few months ago. To be honest the investment return is not bad. However after knowing more about what industries Hostplus invest people's super in (including the socially responsible option, they don't tell you much what they invest in on the website but even the socially responsible option invests in the fossil fuel industry) I have decided to switch to an ethical super fund. Here I give a bad review to the Barefoot Investor too. Talking about long term investment but when the very environment we live in is destroyed in a few decades does the "long term investment return" in the form of currency mean much? I can only see a decent return in investing in industries that are sustainable.

Income Protection

As far as super funds go

I've been with Hostplus for a few years. Transferred to them because they had low cost super fund options. They seem fine. I don't receive much from them but that's ok with me. The online portal tells me everything I need to know.

Can not get my money

I have approximately 6000$ in host plus ..I am 66 next October ...I applied last January 2019 for my money to be released ...I filled out all the necessary documents witnessed by my solicitor ..bank statement stamped by my bank etc ... hostplus sent a CHQ ?? CHQ was not received .hostplus cancel CHQ in March ...hostplus reissue a CHQ supposed to be 19 April still no CHQ received ...after numourous emails and phone calls ..hostplus can not verify what date CHQ was sent .....?? I asked why was funds not deposited in my account I was told not enough information ? I asked what was wrong with my stamped bank statement ...reply it was not accepted .? I am a senior in financial duress and this is what I have to put up with .....I did complain to resolutions only to then find out my application would be put on hold for investigation ......they are hopeless

Service non existent. Only put 1 star because cant put minus 5

Transferred to Hostplus in October 2018. they immediately lost $11K within 1 month. I was told it was Insurance, Fees, and a bit of a loss. Told them not good enough, so they sent to the "correct department". A couple of phone calls, but no emailed response to the issues raised in my email. Now April 2019, no response. Emailed for complaints procedure and their email server rejected the email. Transferring out ASAP.

Hopeless phone service

Not a member. Just wanted to enquire about rolling funds in and wanted to compare insurance costs with those of current provider. Didn't listen to a word I said, asked for my member number, and then fobbed me off to website to find the answers to my questions. Why have a phone line then?

Hi ClareR, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and contact number should you need assistance with comparing insurance.

Horrible!

Customer service is absolutley terrible. Whilst dealing with a death benefit staff were rude, arrogant, lacked any empathy or any kind of reasonable customer service skills. Claims team dont take calls or respond to written requests. Their complaints process is just as bad. Strongly suggest not having anything to do with this fund. When you need to access funds or have to sort things out under terrible circumstances hostplus are heartless and horrid

Hi Krun, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and member number so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus.

When indexing is not indexing

The fees might be cheap but the performance is poor in comparison to a like for like index portfolio comparison. Every 1% you lose in performance is the equivalent to 0.40% in fees. I think the fee is cheap and that is why the service and functionality is so poor. Where the rest of the performance is lost, only HostPlus could answer that (but I bet they wont).

HostPlus Financial advice - Poor

Have been with HostPlus for many years. Fees are low and returns have been good.
Now I am with an Allocated Pension I have one complaint.

They do not listen!

Basically I found them to be rather patronising and not customer oriented.

I was charged $2000 to use a financial their advisor, who, after a 1 hour meeting produced a report recommending that I invest the funds in the Conservative Balanced Fund. This was unsuitable for me and contrary to the stated guidelines which I had given during the meeting.

I expected for such a fee to receive a far more comprehansive report and an indication of the performance of the other investment options. I have never received a satisfactory answer to my complaint.

Better superfund but NOT!!! Low fee but very expensive insurance

Yeah. They are a low fee fund but all the money you save on fees goes to the impressively expensive death and TPD insurance. In fact, it was only after I joined that I found out the cost for insurance was more than DOUBLE of what I was paying in my previous superfund which makes the low fee not so great in the end.

Oh, and if you want to stick with the standard death and TPD insurance they have an AMAAAAAZING $100,000 insurance as a default. In other words: if you die your family is in trouble. On top of that if you want to increase your cover they'll require medical exams. Send someone to bother you at home for blood tests and other things that most of the other funds don't require.

Stay away from this fund. I am already moving on.

By the way, don't bother to reply Hostplus. I've got your answer already. Which is exactly the same for every customer. Let me save your (and mine) time and copy and paste it here:

"Hi W,

We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, please accept our apologies for any frustrations or difficulties you have experienced as a result. We strive to deliver the highest possible service standards and retirement outcomes to our members and we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes. Please contact us via private message along with your full name and member number so we can investigate this matter further. Thank you, Hostplus"

Dear Gaphas, Firstly, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. It is disappointing to read about your experiences since joining Hostplus. We would appreciate the opportunity to investigate your experiences and address your concerns. For the protection of your personal information, please send us a private message with your full name and member number should you require Hostplus to investigate this further. Kind regards, HostplusNop! Moved on. Bye-bye