• Rates and Fees

Daniella G.

Daniella G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent work. I'm so thankful.

A Strong Performer

I have recently joined Hostplus because of its strong performance, and it was recommended by my son (also a member) and Scott Pape (Barefoot Investor). I found the rollover process online simple.
My funds were rolled over within 7 bussiness days. My only negative is that I have yet to be notified or welcomed as a new member.

LolwutBrisbane

Avoid like the plague

I did my research on this fund only to find out when I needed to lodge forms that they are nothing like what they think they are.
I wasted a month with them and have just done a roll in to another fund.
Its mind boggling that the Trustees allow this fund to operate to such incredibly low professional and customer service standards.
Lots of whitewashing excuses but zero accountability or correction.
Not surprised at all they have a rating of 2.0.

Paul RileySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not do it to yourself

Riia

RiiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No problems so far

The fees are good and submitting the rollover for previous supers was not complicated. Customer service was very good. The forms and explanations are clear online and I was able to make an account on my own. It was suggested by Scott Pape from Barefoot investor to use this super. I hope to continue using this super

Hostplus super rollover nightmare

I decided to move my super across to Hostplus based on the benefits and performance of the company, this all checked out and I am very happy. However the rollover process was a complete headache from start to finish (approx 5 weeks). I lost count of the numerous times I had to call them and was promised a call back or they were looking into my issues. I did not receive a single call or email from anyone from Hostplus even when it was finally sorted. The customer service people were very friendly but ultimately the second I put the phone down I was forgotten. I had a second choice for a super provider and my BIG mistake was choosing Hostplus. customer service is non-existent!

Julian F.
Julian F.

McLaren Pastoral

McLaren PastoralGippsland, VIC

Happy so far!

We applied for a HP account for our existing SMSF, online today. It was pretty clear and easy but twice we needed clarification. Both times a nice, patient and very knowledgable person answered within 5 mins and we were able to proceed with confidence.
Looking forward to seeing how our investment choice goes. If it does well, well increase our investment, and maintain it for the recommended time. Happy so far!

Christine T.

Christine T.South East Queensland, QLD

They tried to steal my money. Dodgy company.

Angela B.Sydney, NSW

Very unhappy

My mother passed away new year's eve and we are still waiting for HP to finalize the claim. It's hard enough to loose your mother without Hostplus dragging the claim process out for such a long time. I have sent multiple emails and also called. I get an answering machine telling me to leave a message and my call will be returned in one business day and the reply to my emails is an automated email and so far not a single response. My mother was a Hostplus member her whole working life and she would be very disappointed in the way her affairs have been managed. I am really disappointed. I'm trying to grieve for my mum and ignoring my enquiries is insulting to me and worse than that it's damn disrespectful.

Keith H.

Keith H.Perth, WA

Poorly trained staff

Typical company offering bad service .Had to phone and email six times to obtain life insurance claim form.
Also had one member of staff ask the classic question "have you claimed life insurance before ?"

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

No accountability in follow ups

Currently going through a claims process, took about two weeks just to get them to send me an email with all the recquired documents. When I called I was constantly told “this is coming”, “it will get sent to you by tomorrow” “I will call you back”. Literally no accountability and follow up when something is not done. If you want to get something sorted with them, I recommend calling them every 3 days to push it along. This is what I am resorting to just to make sure that it isn’t slipping through the cracks. They’ve either got an insufficient internal process of processing things or their reps are taught to say things like this to get you off the phone.

Ivy
Ivy

How do I send you a private message?

I'm sick of having to call everytime just to chase up to get a response to my emails.

Maureen

MaureenTasmania

Too many people handling my request and no action taken

Been with them for maybe 30 years give or take, only a small super, but to change my name has been horrendous, too many staff members handling it, and too many making their own decisions. Has been ongoing since June 2019. Still not done ugh., and of course you can’t speak with anyone to find out why, only the staff in Melbourne to take your call, and the admin staff are in Sydney where the paperwork goes. I have emailed them, they ignore you. The Melbourne staff are great it’s the no contact with the people that make the decisions that we cannot talk to., so, so far it’s been disgusting and still not done. Why Hostplus Why.

GrahamCanberra 2600, ACT

Lack of customer service - lets get back to Human interaction

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Graham, we’ve sent you a private message through Product Review to see how we can help. Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks, Dan

Wendy Cooke

Wendy CookePerth, WA

Great super fund

Have been with this company for a couple of years now. Low fees, fantastic returns. So easy to set up and make extra contributions and salary sacrifice. Very happy with this super fund and highly recommended

NiJi P.

NiJi P.Sydney, NSW

Worst

Moonie Michael

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Hostplus is Fabulous

I have been with Hostplus since 2006 when I started my first Hospitality Job. And so far for me it really is lucky 13, 13 years of superannuation bliss that is.
I love their App, easy to navigate website and the consistent communication is brilliant.
My fund and subsequent investments are going from strength to strength and I couldn't be happier.

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Not happy with this super fund will be changing

I joined in 2000. Changed name due to me getting married 2003 host plus changed my name back to my madden name now the hassle I am having to roll my super over to another account is crazy. I wouldn't recommend this super fund

Matthew

MatthewSydney, NSW

Choice plus flexibility

Very satisfied with host plus compared to Ethical retail funds.
Yes phone service not the best, but returns way better. Online service is great, if it makes fees cheaper then I am all for it. Unlisted investment options are great. I don't use insurance.

Nikki

Nikki

They lock you out of your account if you forget your password and make you call, but they don't answer the phone?

Waited on hold for over 30 mins more than 4 times.
Emails are unanswered after 3 weeks waiting for a reply.
I have been locked out of my account and cannot reset my password online.

Ant H

Ant HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can not even join up!

I have been on the phone for 30 minutes trying to make contact with Hostplus. No response!
Why would anyone waste their time with this group? They can not even answer a phone let alone invest your money properly......tony

Christine W.

Christine W.asked

I am 65 how long does it take to make a withdrawal from my super

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Christine, thank you for reaching out. Once a completed benefit application is received provided everything is in order then you would expect the withdrawal within 3 business days plus any banking timeframes.
If you would like assistance with the process, we have specialists available on 1300 348 546 8am to 8pm EST Monday to Friday to help. Thank you, Hostplus

Petrusasked

I transferred into the Hostplus pension fund last year after I started early retirement with another fund.
I am 64.
Now I want to top up my super.
How can I do this with Hostplus?
I sent an email to Hostplus using the contact line when logged on a week ago. But I have not received an answer. I came here looking for information and was surprised to read a slew of complaints about Hostplus slow response to requests for service. Now I wonder if I am in that boat too?
Peter H (23 Feb 2020)

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Peter, thank you for reaching out.
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we appreciate it can be frustrating.
Once a pension account has commenced it can no longer accept contributions.
However, there may be other options for you and one of our specialists would be happy to take you through these.
They are available on 1300 348 546 8am to 8pm EST Monday to Friday or if you would like to send a private message with your contact details we can organise a call for you.

I will be in touch

Cameron C.

Cameron C.asked

I was told a while ago there was a phone app in development is there any update when that is coming

Hi Cameron,
Thank you for reaching out. We do have a new App currently in the late stages of development and we are hoping to roll this out to our members in the very near future. If you would like to be included in the initial launch of the App please send us a DM with your full Name and member number.
In the meantime, we have a Digital Member Card that can be downloaded to your Apple Wallet or PassWallet App depending on you mobile device which is available on the following link;

Kind Regards, Hostplus

Get an answer from our members and HOSTPLUS representatives

Other Industry Super Funds