• Rates and Fees
Freddy M.

Freddy M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Any other Super Fund

I have been with this super fund for 6 months. Performance and fee are ok slightly above market average. But, the admin support, system interface and call centre is attrocious.

Jayde wrightVictoria

DO NOT RECCOMEND SO BAD!!

Very frustrating I have made numerous attempts also to change to my married name proof of Marrige cert ect... numerous times posted all current ID they continue to request to do this!! With already changed over supporting proof of this change ie: licence, marragie certificate, ID!! Even throughout the pandemic- CONVID 19 posting to them all there so called requests to do this via post! Super frustrating & waste of time if you ever get married settle down & want to have a family & update simple details!! I DO NOT RECCOMEND I will now be going to a fund in the future that's more proactive & makes updateing simple details much more convient.

Jayde wright

I have emailed you numerous times please look under my name & a response & an investigation or even a phone call back would be greatly appreciated.

Hostplus Income protection insurance is worthless. I lost my job and I found out I am not covered.

I have been with Hostplus for two years, The fees are more than the earnings. They charge a lot for death insurance and loss of income insurance and when you need it they don’t help you.
I would not recommend them to anyone.

Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

That’s what I said...You call it income protection insurance but it doesn’t protect you when you lose your income... working people are sick of being treated like chumps.

RajPerth, WA

Impossible to contact

I have been trying to contact Hostplus over the last one week, they have not replied my emails or my 8 phone calls. This is for something routine. I wonder what would have been the situation if it was an emergency. I agree that this was in difficult times. However they could have put on extra staff. Secondly how about the times of customer service on their website.

afc221280

afc221280Victoria

Worst website for such a rich superfund

So hard to find information and no reply from customer service. big fund so they think they can get away everything. they need to sack everyone and clean up the lazy staff. no reply even before covid19

Ada

AdaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Misinformation All the way!!!!!!!

Identification process. Was asked to send copy of the driving licence. Did it. Than i was told to authorised it at the post office. Did it. Now I am finding out that that the post office worker didn't write the number of years of her service!!!!!! The worse company in Au make everything impossible!!!!!!!!

Cafeindmobile

CafeindmobileBrisbane

Rip off sells a dream and gives it away to the government

Never paid any interest ever only robs your account every 3 months $19,000 in 25 years what a scam!
Never contacts you back and hides away behind the phone so that they have no responsibility to you.
Give back all my money you crap helped your self’s to. You even sent the hospitality industry broke.

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Can't reach anyone over the helpline

I can't log into my account to find out my balance and about all the fees taken, as I have forgotten my password. Needed to call Hostplus for help, but they are "currently experiencing a high number of calls", and then they just hang up. That's ridiculous. They should at least offer a call-back service. Besides, what are you taking any bloody fees for if you have no service to offer other than stealing my money?

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Do No put money with hostplus

Waste super ever . Got my name and birthday worry for so many years . They never do they work properly and when I find out about the worry information and want to change it back it was such painful experience to go thought with them .I went to 2times to office work 2 times to police station 3time to post office . Just try to get my name and birthday right . However when I compliant about all this hard time and cost I have paid for they undo work , they said to me it all my responsibility . Never put money into hostplus they don’t care about who’s money they are managing and whether they customers is benefit with what they paid

Daniella G.

Daniella G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent work. I'm so thankful.

A Strong Performer

I have recently joined Hostplus because of its strong performance, and it was recommended by my son (also a member) and Scott Pape (Barefoot Investor). I found the rollover process online simple.
My funds were rolled over within 7 bussiness days. My only negative is that I have yet to be notified or welcomed as a new member.

LolwutBrisbane

Avoid like the plague

I did my research on this fund only to find out when I needed to lodge forms that they are nothing like what they think they are.
I wasted a month with them and have just done a roll in to another fund.
Its mind boggling that the Trustees allow this fund to operate to such incredibly low professional and customer service standards.
Lots of whitewashing excuses but zero accountability or correction.
Not surprised at all they have a rating of 2.0.

Paul RileySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not do it to yourself

Riia

RiiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No problems so far

The fees are good and submitting the rollover for previous supers was not complicated. Customer service was very good. The forms and explanations are clear online and I was able to make an account on my own. It was suggested by Scott Pape from Barefoot investor to use this super. I hope to continue using this super

Hostplus super rollover nightmare

I decided to move my super across to Hostplus based on the benefits and performance of the company, this all checked out and I am very happy. However the rollover process was a complete headache from start to finish (approx 5 weeks). I lost count of the numerous times I had to call them and was promised a call back or they were looking into my issues. I did not receive a single call or email from anyone from Hostplus even when it was finally sorted. The customer service people were very friendly but ultimately the second I put the phone down I was forgotten. I had a second choice for a super provider and my BIG mistake was choosing Hostplus. customer service is non-existent!

Julian F.
Julian F.

McLaren Pastoral

McLaren PastoralGippsland, VIC

Happy so far!

We applied for a HP account for our existing SMSF, online today. It was pretty clear and easy but twice we needed clarification. Both times a nice, patient and very knowledgable person answered within 5 mins and we were able to proceed with confidence.
Looking forward to seeing how our investment choice goes. If it does well, well increase our investment, and maintain it for the recommended time. Happy so far!

Christine T.

Christine T.South East Queensland, QLD

They tried to steal my money. Dodgy company.

Angela B.Sydney, NSW

Very unhappy

My mother passed away new year's eve and we are still waiting for HP to finalize the claim. It's hard enough to loose your mother without Hostplus dragging the claim process out for such a long time. I have sent multiple emails and also called. I get an answering machine telling me to leave a message and my call will be returned in one business day and the reply to my emails is an automated email and so far not a single response. My mother was a Hostplus member her whole working life and she would be very disappointed in the way her affairs have been managed. I am really disappointed. I'm trying to grieve for my mum and ignoring my enquiries is insulting to me and worse than that it's damn disrespectful.

Keith H.

Keith H.Perth, WA

Poorly trained staff

Typical company offering bad service .Had to phone and email six times to obtain life insurance claim form.
Also had one member of staff ask the classic question "have you claimed life insurance before ?"

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

No accountability in follow ups

Currently going through a claims process, took about two weeks just to get them to send me an email with all the recquired documents. When I called I was constantly told “this is coming”, “it will get sent to you by tomorrow” “I will call you back”. Literally no accountability and follow up when something is not done. If you want to get something sorted with them, I recommend calling them every 3 days to push it along. This is what I am resorting to just to make sure that it isn’t slipping through the cracks. They’ve either got an insufficient internal process of processing things or their reps are taught to say things like this to get you off the phone.

Ivy
Ivy

How do I send you a private message?

I'm sick of having to call everytime just to chase up to get a response to my emails.