Riia

RiiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No problems so far

The fees are good and submitting the rollover for previous supers was not complicated. Customer service was very good. The forms and explanations are clear online and I was able to make an account on my own. It was suggested by Scott Pape from Barefoot investor to use this super. I hope to continue using this super

Hostplus super rollover nightmare

I decided to move my super across to Hostplus based on the benefits and performance of the company, this all checked out and I am very happy. However the rollover process was a complete headache from start to finish (approx 5 weeks). I lost count of the numerous times I had to call them and was promised a call back or they were looking into my issues. I did not receive a single call or email from anyone from Hostplus even when it was finally sorted. The customer service people were very friendly but ultimately the second I put the phone down I was forgotten. I had a second choice for a super provider and my BIG mistake was choosing Hostplus. customer service is non-existent!

McLaren Pastoral

McLaren PastoralGippsland, VIC

Happy so far!

We applied for a HP account for our existing SMSF, online today. It was pretty clear and easy but twice we needed clarification. Both times a nice, patient and very knowledgable person answered within 5 mins and we were able to proceed with confidence.
Looking forward to seeing how our investment choice goes. If it does well, well increase our investment, and maintain it for the recommended time. Happy so far!

Christine T.

Christine T.South East Queensland, QLD

They tried to steal my money. Dodgy company.

Angela B.Sydney, NSW

Very unhappy

My mother passed away new year's eve and we are still waiting for HP to finalize the claim. It's hard enough to loose your mother without Hostplus dragging the claim process out for such a long time. I have sent multiple emails and also called. I get an answering machine telling me to leave a message and my call will be returned in one business day and the reply to my emails is an automated email and so far not a single response. My mother was a Hostplus member her whole working life and she would be very disappointed in the way her affairs have been managed. I am really disappointed. I'm trying to grieve for my mum and ignoring my enquiries is insulting to me and worse than that it's damn disrespectful.

Keith H.

Keith H.Perth, WA

Poorly trained staff

Typical company offering bad service .Had to phone and email six times to obtain life insurance claim form.
Also had one member of staff ask the classic question "have you claimed life insurance before ?"

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

No accountability in follow ups

Currently going through a claims process, took about two weeks just to get them to send me an email with all the recquired documents. When I called I was constantly told “this is coming”, “it will get sent to you by tomorrow” “I will call you back”. Literally no accountability and follow up when something is not done. If you want to get something sorted with them, I recommend calling them every 3 days to push it along. This is what I am resorting to just to make sure that it isn’t slipping through the cracks. They’ve either got an insufficient internal process of processing things or their reps are taught to say things like this to get you off the phone.

Ivy
Ivy

How do I send you a private message?

I'm sick of having to call everytime just to chase up to get a response to my emails.

Maureen

MaureenTasmania

Too many people handling my request and no action taken

Been with them for maybe 30 years give or take, only a small super, but to change my name has been horrendous, too many staff members handling it, and too many making their own decisions. Has been ongoing since June 2019. Still not done ugh., and of course you can’t speak with anyone to find out why, only the staff in Melbourne to take your call, and the admin staff are in Sydney where the paperwork goes. I have emailed them, they ignore you. The Melbourne staff are great it’s the no contact with the people that make the decisions that we cannot talk to., so, so far it’s been disgusting and still not done. Why Hostplus Why.

GrahamCanberra 2600, ACT

Lack of customer service - lets get back to Human interaction

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Hi Graham, we’ve sent you a private message through Product Review to see how we can help. Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks, Dan

Wendy Cooke

Wendy CookePerth, WA

Great super fund

Have been with this company for a couple of years now. Low fees, fantastic returns. So easy to set up and make extra contributions and salary sacrifice. Very happy with this super fund and highly recommended

NiJi P.

NiJi P.Sydney, NSW

Worst

Moonie Michael

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Hostplus is Fabulous

I have been with Hostplus since 2006 when I started my first Hospitality Job. And so far for me it really is lucky 13, 13 years of superannuation bliss that is.
I love their App, easy to navigate website and the consistent communication is brilliant.
My fund and subsequent investments are going from strength to strength and I couldn't be happier.

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Not happy with this super fund will be changing

I joined in 2000. Changed name due to me getting married 2003 host plus changed my name back to my madden name now the hassle I am having to roll my super over to another account is crazy. I wouldn't recommend this super fund

Matthew

MatthewSydney, NSW

Choice plus flexibility

Very satisfied with host plus compared to Ethical retail funds.
Yes phone service not the best, but returns way better. Online service is great, if it makes fees cheaper then I am all for it. Unlisted investment options are great. I don't use insurance.

Nikki

Nikki

They lock you out of your account if you forget your password and make you call, but they don't answer the phone?

Waited on hold for over 30 mins more than 4 times.
Emails are unanswered after 3 weeks waiting for a reply.
I have been locked out of my account and cannot reset my password online.

Ant H

Ant HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can not even join up!

I have been on the phone for 30 minutes trying to make contact with Hostplus. No response!
Why would anyone waste their time with this group? They can not even answer a phone let alone invest your money properly......tony

HOSTPLUS S.HOSTPLUS

Horrible customer service - expect to wait....and wait some more

I've been trying to gain access to my online portal for over two weeks now.

The customer call centre is to busy to take my call during the day - it just diverts you to a prerecorded message asking you to call back later and hangs up.

I sent at least three emails and received no reply.

Hopeless!

Adam C.

Adam C.Palmerston, NT

Just lodged salary continuance...

Have just lodged a salary continuance insurance claim for a broken toe.
Found the process slow, and mailing forms to host plus to “review” in a different state to the actual insurer seems like a delaying tactic.
Will further review once I’ve heard back.
Paperwork and claim posted by mail 28th June...

Amanda

AmandaSydney, NSW

No costumer service

I have been considering moving my Super to Hostplus based on their low fees and recent performance. However, as I have previously had a super with Hostplus that was "lost" my experience hasn't been great so far.
I wrote Hostplus to ensure I wouldn't create a duplicate profile when signing up with them once again, however, I have received no response (after the automated reply saying they would get back to me within 2 business days).
As a result, I tried calling through, however my call was disconnected due to "high volumes of calls". Seeing as people are intending to trust this company with their life savings, I find it troublesome that they put so little effort into attending to their customers.

Many thanks,
Amanda

peter h.

peter h.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for my needs

I transferred to Hostplus 2 months ago. I was previously using a retail fund who delivered poor returns.

So far I'm extremely happy. I declined the insurance option so can't comment on that aspect.

The main function I wanted was to be able to select my own stocks without having to set up an SMSF. So far it has been no less than brilliant. The web portal is easy to use and the on-line information is thorough.

I needed to phone them once. Sure, had to wait 10 minutes to get through to a call-centre person, but they answered my non-trivial question straight away.

I note all the negative reviews. But not all experiences with HostPlus are negaive.
I would give-5 star but I need to wait a year to see if there are any problems.

Susan

Susanasked

I am 55 year old woman can I draw any money out of my super

Hi Susan.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out.
To withdraw money from your super fund, either as a lump sum or through a regular pension (known as an 'income stream'), you need to meet a 'condition of release'.
If you have only just turned 55, unfortunately you will not be eligible to access your super until you are 60. There may be other options available to access money early including, Severe Financial Hardship or Compassionate Grounds, please note that conditions apply. To get a better understanding of what options may be available to yourself and when, you can contact us 1300 467875 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday AEST.

Thanks, Hostplus

Phil

Philasked

If I am retired and on a pension can I invest the money I have in cba in term deposits and invest in Hostplus

Good Afternoon Phil,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out. To invest in Hostplus you will need to have a Hostplus account in the accumulation phase. There are several ways to depositing funds and investments options to choose from and we would recommend contacting one of our friendly pension specialists on 1300 348 546 8am to 8pm EST Monday to Friday and they would be more than happy to walk you through your options. Thanks, Hostplus

Interested

Interestedasked

DISTURBED....At the moment I am in Care Super Fund but since they use Mercer as the administration of the Fund .. I am not sure if they are doing the right thing or not for my account as they mess up my Concessional and Non Concessional side of my Super Fund .. they blame my employers but how in this age of technology this did not flag straight very, very odd.. if they can't run my account how can they run my Investments is my question .. and now reading all these opinions and other Superfunds and it is a very off-putting as there are so many members unhappy with the administration of the Funds..... can you answer my question and my interest.

Get an answer from our members and HOSTPLUS representatives