Huawei E5186

Huawei E5186

See the Best Modems in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Huawei

• Number of Connected Devices 3 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Adqm
AdqmCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good during the day but at night it sucks

The speed this has during the day is fine, it's nice and does what it's meant to. But as soon as somebody else starts to use the internet or it's dark out it totally falls flat. Other then that I'm perfectly content with this.

Purchased in at eBay for $80.

James
JamesPerth, WA

Does the job

Basic modem but does the job for my household
signal does drop out quit frequently but not sure if it's the modem or my nbn connection
easy to set up and install

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $150.

Shane888
Shane888Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

THE WORST MODEM EVER!

This is the worst modem I have ever owned! This is a replacement from the last one because it too was doing the same thing after about 6-8 months. It starts dropping the signal and you have to switch it off for a minute and then reboot. I have to do this every half hour to an hour and is very frustrating. The last two Huawei modems before this model did exactly the same thing. I'm not getting it replaced again from Optus as I am through with this junk! Now I have to fork out for a new modem out of my own pocket and will NEVER buy another Huawei product again. They are absolute rubbish and a waste of money! Optus should be ashamed to offer their products!

Purchased in .

comfyjean7
comfyjean7Perth, Western Australia

Device is fantastic and easy to use

I bought this in August from ebay. The device was suitable out of box for Optus. I didn't really need to tweak any settings. The back panel which contains the password can come off easily for closer view. As the reception in my area is pretty good, there is no need to install external antennas which is an option.

This device also has the 5ghz and 2.4 ghz channel to improve wifi connection. If you can find a USB power adaptor, this can actually become a portable unit in your car. just a thought.

Celloman8
Celloman8Hawthorn

Stable 4G router

We are forced to use mobile broadband as our main source of internet so we bought tis as its meant for permanent use. We get a lovely stable signal - virtually nenevr need to restart it and when we do the router is not usually that actually problem. More recently Optus has seemed a bit oversubscribed on 4G and I have noticed slow downs a t peak times but the router just keeps chugging along

Ariel
ArielPerth

Don't buy!!

Internet speed is horrendous, can’t get anything done and nothing will load!! If you have any more then two people connected at any one time, you’ll be fighting over speed. Even after restarting the router, the speed is not affected and still remains extremely slow and annoying. Would not recommend this to anyone.

rob
robSydney, NSW

Hate it

Internet speed is slow and is horrible!!!! It is the worst product i ever used worst then anything you can't compare it to any other internet that's how bad it is and it has 57% internet connection speed. I would not buy it even if my life depended on it!

Date Purchased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Pure 4G LTE-A router with Stable Performance

The Huawei E5186 router is much better than the first generation LTE router B593. Since I would use the Huawei E5186 router in other countries, I bought the unlocked Huawei E5186 modem from [weblink removed] and after using around half a year, it's still working well with a stable connection and fast speed. Actually, when i used the Huawei B593 router, there are some problems after using two months. The Huawei E5186 didn't bring any trouble to the users. The connectors for external antenna is very good if you located at places of weak signal. Highly recommend the Huawei E5186 router.

Su!
Su!Victoria

Great Modem

Easy to set up, this was part of our deal with our internet provider...And it never drops!
It's fast and was not complex at all to navigate. I think this Huawei Modem is also attractive in white,
and is camoflaugued against white walls. Nonetheless internet provider or modern, this is good. Great.

Niran
Niran

Great router easy to connect

Nice and easy connect to internet service provider. Great modem. Provides handy instructions easy to follow. Also provides fast internet access to multiple devices. FTTB and NBN compatible hense I did not want to buy another modem when I moved houses with FTTB connection to another house with ADSL. Great handy device.

Sharni
SharniPerth

FANTASTIC! Very happy

I bought this for internet in our home so we can watch Netflix, surf the internet on our computer, phones and tablets and we have absolutely loved it. We haven't had any issues at all, it is fast and reliable and we can stream on multiple devices without any issues at all. Very easy to set up and use, I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fast and easy internet solution.

Mike E
Mike EMelbourne

Great modem for optus mobile

Bought this modem to use with an Optus mobile sim. The modem is a bit big, but is still light and portable. Easy to attach antennas for improved reception.

Greatest advantages are the ports (USB, phone line, ethernet) and the fact that you can lock this modem to a specific band. It also seems to prefer Band 40 which gives better speeds in my area.

Disadvantages are that it's only CAT 6 (Optus Netgear AC 800s is CAT 9, while Telstra have up to CAT16) and it sometimes seems to have less signal strength than other modems I've tried in the same places.

Matt D
Matt DMelbourne

Constantly dies.

Started out like a solid unit when first set up, quickly changed for the worse! Constantly dies, WiFi just stops working, needs to be restarted around 6 times a day, and only has 3 devices connected to it so go figure. I would suggest perhaps going for a netgear instead.

Mr C
Mr C

Good router

This modem came when we upgraded to NBN. So far the modem has worked well and its easy to set up, shutdown, restart. The speeds i receive seem to be consistent since we've installed it and i like the size and color of the product. i would recommend this product.

Luke V
Luke VAU

Ok enough

I received this modem from my ISP for my nbn service, the modem seems to work well enough. I don't have much down time with the internet a and the speeds seem to be right with my service. Have no complaints except that mine didn't seem to have 5gz band