Huggies Newborn

Huggies Newborn

A leaky disaster

My daughter leaked out of the news one size 1 range all the time and screamed like a banshee every time we had to change her entire outfit. I was going to give up on Huggies but it was suggested I try newborn size 2 because she is a big baby. She leaked out of those as well! I thought it may be the way I’m putting them on. I checked with a few people and it was correct. They leak when my husband puts them on too! Never again!

Purchased in May 2019.

Great Nappies BUT issues with size and leakage

Huggies has great packaging and our family and friends have used this brand over the years. However, we realized with the recent changes that the sizes of the nappies are slightly off. The newborn nappies only lasted 2 weeks with our son as they were considerably smaller compared to other newborn nappies. The also absorb very well but cause leakage and become very bulky and wet and need changing as soon as the baby poops and urinates. We have upgraded to toddler and infant diapers which we feel is the correct size for newborn nappies.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $30.00.

Absolutely fantastic

I really liked how the sat at a comfortable length and weren’t too bulky, I never had leaks while using these which is very impressive next time I have a new born i will use the this brand again

Purchased in February 2017 at Woolworths for $20.00.

Constantly leaking and caused severe rashes

Huggies have recently changed their nappies. We were lucky enough to get a couple boxes of the old shape (which were great), but when we started using the new style we were extremely disappointed.
Our son got rashes instantly on his legs, and was leaking with every second nappy.

Safe to say we won't be buying any Huggies brand items from now on.

Purchased in March 2019.

My newborn bled for weeks after the new ones were released

I used these for my newborn son as per hospital recommendation. His skin split and bled within hours and took weeks to heal. Dr said it looked like a burn.

Purchased in October 2018.

Change was bad

New nappie designs are a major let down. they dont last long before they come off from crawling. They leak a lot easier. It’s like you are buying the cheap nappies with a huggies logo. Such a shame as I didn’t mind paying the extra money for quality. Time to find a new brand

Perfect size for newborn

Love the quality and the size. My little one has no nappy rash when using this newborn nappy. It has a little pocket at the back to prevent leaking especially the watering poo from newborn. Value for money. It’s very stretchy and can use it for slightly bigger waist. Would recommend it for gentle little bum.

Perfect fitting for newborns

Huggies newborn nappies are quite narrow which makes them a snug fit for newborns. Ive always used the huggies newborn as I find that huggies brand nappies are quite narrow in general therefore i move to other brands that are wider once baby outgrowns the huggies newborn nappies to prevent leakage

Big fan of huggies until the recent change!

No gonna lie huggies have been my go to nappies since the start and I prefer them over any other brand. I have been using huggies since my baby was born who is now 17months without any issues aside from having to go up in size earlier then suggested but I guess this also comes down to baby's body frame, so no big deal.
However since using the new unisex huggies nappies I'm finding they are leaking through very regularly even after a short period of time.

Great nappy, but sizing is off

I too have to agree that these are my nappy brand of choice. They are soft, have excellent absorbancy and the leak protector on the back is excellent. However, unlike other brands the nappies are not true to size and with both my girls I've had to move up in sizes significantly earlier than the indicated weight range as the tabs on the stomach and legs begin to dig in. For example - the newborn nappy was outgrown at 3.5kg and the infant is getting tight at 6kg.
I can't help but wonder if this is a marketting ploy to appear have the same sizes as other brands, but force a move up to a box with fewer nappies.

The shift to ultimate from ultra dry occured between my two daughters. The ultimate nappies do feel softer, however this change seems to have come with a compromise on absorbancy. I've had a few leaks with this box which I hadn't with the ultra dry (I'm using both as they are supposedly the same size). If the end game is to shift all their product to ultimate (I found it very hard to get a non ultimate size 2) I will look to shift to another brand.

The best

Used these since the first day. My bub didnt get any rash without barrier cream. Soft to skin and good absorbency. The nappy size is also good neither too big nor too small. Used Aldi nappies, babylove and little ones but liked Huggies ultimate the best. Now using Huggies Ultimate size 2.

Was good until they changed it to new design

I liked the nappies until they changed it to new design which was hard to see the line of wet nappie and jelly beans inside the nappies come out and sticking to baby’s skin I stopped using them because of that It was much nicer previously I don’t know why they changed it to new design when nothing was improved

Perfect nappies for my newborn

Excellent nappies with perfect fitting and long lasting dryness as well. He didn’t get a single nappy rash and he wash so much comfortable using it. The wetness indicator is awesome as well while I used another nappy and the indicator was spread along the whole nappy with the first wee. I got it from baby bunting for a bargain price of $39 for 160 nappies.
Highly recommend.

Happy for my boy to wear these nappies

I have found these nappies not to cause any rash or skin irritations on my baby, not once have they smelled bad, they can contain quite a bit of urine especially over night, they feel soft and padded , my husband thinks they are great especially compared to other brands, really there is nothing to complain about

Good but...

I got these for my newborn when we ran out of the ALDI ones we had been using. While it absorbs really well and doesn't cause any rash I have a few issues with them. Firstly they are tiny, they're supposed to be up to 5kgs but at 3.8 kgs they're almost too small for my newborn. Secondly, they don't open up well and are harder to put on as they curl up constantly. Lastly the leak barriers in the nappy are too harsh on my newborn's skin and cause marks. So while it has great absorption I find ALDI's nappies to be much easier to put on and much more true to size.

It leaks

I bought this expensive nappy for almost two months supply for my new born baby and this bloody nappy leaks all the time I put her on. I am not happy at all and can't use them at all. Now I bought a cheap nappy from kmart and that's working great.

This is our farourite nappy brand

Both my 3 year old daughter and my one year old son are using this nappy brand. They are great, always on special, the absorbent was great, will keep the little ones dry and happy. Easy to wear and pull off. The only thing not so good is it might be a little bit too thick to wear them in summer time. Everything else was fine

Holds everything in

Huggies nappies are great the new design is excellent and I have never had any leaks yet. Compared to other brands I have use huggies is the best and that’s all i buy now. Plus my little one like them to so they must feel comfortable for her. I have went from newborn to crawler and now use toddler and even keeping them one all night have still never had a problem.

its leaks

it leak for my daughter not happy it is so much costly but result is bad it doesnt soak well at night and my son and daughter got rash expensive but not good i wont recommend this better to go for baby love its cheap and good this product is ripping off

If u love ur baby u wuld definately love hugies

I was so worries as i was going to have my first baby but i trusted hugies and it gave me the best results . Its material is so soft that my baby jhad just luved it as it is a day or night .works wel with senstive skin and no rashes at all.