3Hugo Mattress

• Front (1)
Adjustment Period
  • Days (5)
  • Weeks (1)
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (4) · No (2)
Caused Discomfort Yes (2) · No (4)
Heat Retention Yes (1) · No (3)
Sagging Yes (1) · No (4)
Perceived Firmness
  • Soft (3)
  • Medium (3)
See the Best Mattresses in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hugo Mattress35 reviews
Faye W.
Faye W.Tasmania
  Verified Single

Nightmare company. Seems like a scam

As mentioned by previous bad review. Customer service was basically non existant. Only an email contact provided.
Contacted them many times but received just two emails from them in total discussing a return with zero results.
They promised Salvos would pick up the mattress and then I'd get a refund. Only nothing happened. After contacting Salvos myself, i found I'd never been put on a returns list. Basically they hadn't even been contacted.

The mattress itself was horrible. Felt like a brick wrapped in a sponge.
Currently looking into a refund with paypal support.

Also just before writing this review i went to the Hugosleep website only for it to look like it no longer exists Show details

Deno d.
Deno d.
  Queen

False advertising. No trial period. Buyers beware

Zero customer service. False advertising regarding their no conditional trial and refund policy. No phone number to contact them. Wont reply to emails or facebook messages. This company will take your money and run. Not to mention the mattress is also as hard as a rock. Buyers beware. Stay clear of this bed and business. Delivery was also 3 weeks wait. Just a shocking service and product with no regard for there own policies.
Muffin Man
Muffin Man3 posts
  Verified Queen

Don't believe the deliver hype

Hugo clearly advertised 3 days delivery to Sydney as one of their main selling features. In actual fact, it took 3 days just to leave the Hugo warehouse (as advised by the TNT delivery app) and then another 3 days before it was actually delivered. Hugo management should be more upfront about realistic delivery times and not set customer expectations that will only end in inconvenience and disappointment to their customers. No complaints about the mattress itself, just be aware of the actual delivery times so as to save you from having to sleep on the floor.
Thea C.
Thea C.NSWSydney, NSW4 posts
  Double

Best night's sleep ever!

I recently purchased an Emma mattress and found it very hard. I returned it and bought a Hugo which I really like .. The Mattress seems to support my body without giving me a sinking feeling - at 78 years of age and at a shameful 90 kilos - the support is very important.
I am very surprised that there isn't much written about it in comparison to the hype that Emma gets. Show details
Kristy
KristyNSWRichmond-Tweed, NSW
  Queen

I love my mattress, but may not be the best for larger sleepers

I’ve had my Hugo mattress for almost 2 years now and I absolutely love it. I sleep on my side and find it comfortable and supportive. I haven’t had any issues with it being too warm either. However, when my partner stays over (larger frame) I find that he creates too much of a dent and I sink into it. Perhaps a king size would alleviate this. More than happy with it for just me though. It seems a lot heavier and sturdier than my friend’s koala mattress. I would buy it again in a heartbeat! Show details
Didier
DidierWAPerth, WA
  King

Best night's sleep ever

I bought a king size Hugo mattress two weeks ago to replace my 2 year old spring mattress from Makin' Mattresses. My quality of sleep has improved dramatically since switching to the Hugo mattress! It's ridiculously comfy, the perfect level of firmness. I can't feel my partner move around at all. I wake up feeling wonderfully refreshed. Shipping was fast and easy, and it arrived all compressed in a box, so it was actually really easy to move it to the bedroom.

All in all, a fantastic experience. We're considering purchasing another one for the guest room. Show details

Steph B.
Steph B.VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So disappointed after 1 year

This mattress was very comfortable for the first 6 months. But after this, the support doesn't seem to be there anymore. I am a larger person, and this kind of mattress (foam) is clearly not suitable long term for me. Have started to wake with a sore back and neck. It appears that it is not durable after only 12 months. It isn't as firm now and is sagging slightly. Will be replacing it with a standard mattress. This mattress would probably suit someone smaller. Am so disappointed in having to replace it so soon, particularly after paying over $1,000 for it. Show details
DLaw
DLaw20 posts
  King
Helen
HelenSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Had to buy another one!

We purchased our first queen Hugo mattress in April 2017, for our daughters home interstate, so when we visited, we could have a good nights sleep! The room we normally stay in, is currently being used by a friend, who also loves the quality of sleep the mattress is giving! We did not have the heart to usurp the room, so we have bought another queen Hugo! So easy to buy on their site and delivery happened within 3 days. Well worth the cost! Show details
Lara
Lara2 posts
  Mattress

Great communication, great product!

The team at Hugo were really friendly and helpful. Delivery was less than 48 hours to Sydney.

The mattress will feel different if you’re coming from an inner spring or pocket spring. But give it a few nights to get used to it. I wake with no back pain, which was an issue with my old pillow top. I weigh 58kg and would rate the feel as slightly firmer than a medium. It would probably feel a bit softer if you are a person of average or above average size. Supportive and comfortable.

Kathy
KathySydney2 posts
  Verified Mattress

Finally a mattress-in-a-box that works for me!

I tried a whole bunch of these mattress-in-a-box products and kept finding that they were too firm for me - I would wake up hours before I needed to with sort joints and feeling horribly unrested. I stumbled across Hugo which is latex rather than memory foam, and it's WONDERFUL. There's enough support to feel like you're not sinking into the mattress, but also soft enough to actually mould around your shape (rather than feeling like your body has to conform to the mattress). This mattress is good for people who sleep on their front, or for smaller folks who sleep on their sides. I wake up feeling rested and refreshed and relaxed. All the things you want from a mattress.

Kuan
KuanSydney
  Verified Mattress

Not particularly impressed but not disappointed either

The mattress is quite firm and there was not any firmness option during my purchase. Also, it feels pretty warm after sleeping on it for a while, especially during summer. That being said, I noticed considerable reduction in my back, neck, and shoulder pains after using the mattress. Regarding allergic issues, I have noticed none thus far.

Hugo
Hugo    DM

Hi Kuan, very sorry your experience hasn't lived up to expectations! We do have a few tips that might overcome the issues you mentioned. We will email these to you directly :)

Amity
AmityMelbourne2 posts
  Verified Mattress

My son is sleeping through the night for the first time!!

The mattress is fantastic. Super comfortable and my son slept through the night for the first time ever, the first night he slept on it! Couldn’t be happier with this mattress.

Peter-C
Peter-CMelbourne6 posts

Very Comfortable!

Our old mattress was quite firm and being a side sleeper I was waking up with a sore shoulder most days.

So we looked for a mattress that was not too hard or soft.

With the Hugo mattress no more shoulder problems, and my wife and I are getting a good nights sleep. I was a little concerned regarding the support on sides of the mattress, but I needn’t have worried, it’s very supportive.

After four months, we’re very happy.

MiJ