Husqvarna 122

Husqvarna 122

122C, 122LD, 122LK

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Troy T.

Troy T.Sydney, NSW

Great machine bad quality

Had this brush cutter for only a month then the petrol tank split leaking fuel trying to get another one is like extracting teeth
Not happy i wanted an echo but bought husqvarna insted

Purchased in July 2018 for $349.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Short grass

Roman M.

Roman M.Central Queensland, QLD

Save your money

Purchased for $220.00.

Safety

Buy chinese same quality but without the price

its only used occasionally like 4 times a year is stored in a dry shed the rest, just went to use it to find the throttle cable seized up and the choke also seized. it is 3 years old and still under the 5 year warranty, but not at all impressed that im going to have to take time off work in order to return it to the dealer for repair. find one of the older Husqvarna products like 2005, they at least run perfectly and every time you need them to.

Purchased in September 2016 for $399.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass and Tall grass
Ian M

Ian MSydney, NSW

Reliable unit

Purchased in July 2011 for $329.00.

Grass Type Short grass, Tall grass and Thick, heavy grass or weeds

diders

didersGeelong

Temperamental

This thing is a difficult to start. Very fussy. When I leaned out the oil mixture a tad it started and ran better. It is quiet but to achieve this quieter operation feels like it has been choked(restricted) as it doesn't really rev out well. Lately I have had issues after it runs for about 5-10min it will just die. Have taken in under warranty but I doubt anything will come of it. The line trimmer my Dad gave me 20 years old runs and starts better than this thing. This husky is cheap. Even the shaft feels like it's made from paper

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Runs but far from great product.

This trimmer has always run well enough for me.
- would always have take around 10 pulls to start.
- placement of the fuel filler cap is poorly designed and can be extremely difficult to grasp properly to unscrew with just your hand, you may need some sort of tool to assist.
- the off button stopped fuctioning shortly out of warranty, shop said not economical to repair, i have to stop by pulling spark plug cover off.
- it's quieter than other 2 strokes I've used,
- the string load is easy to use, reload and functions well
- vines and longer grass runners cause no issues with this machine unlike others I use which tangle around the shaft at the head.

In all I think reasonable value for money but could probably find better.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Disappointed

Only about 16 months old and stopped working. Took it to repairer who told me that the part required to fix would cost $130 and $88 labour. Not worth fixing. Very disappointed with this product. I bought what I thought was a reliable brand looking for longevity and I would have been better off buying a cheap brand. Very unhappy.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

122LK trimmer Rubbish machine.

Purchased after my e-bay one died after 8yrs talked into buying this rather than more expensive model by the salesperson. Not a great machine at all had it back for repairs 3 times in four months, now the motor is run in its a little better but overall poor quality rattles like anything and does not handle bigger trimmer lines at all.
WOULD I BUY ANOTHER HUSQVARNA I THINK NOT

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The great mistake

I purched the machine one week ago, used for about 30 minutes and it hasn't started since. I now have to take back to the dealer 100 kms away then possibly go back to pick it up. I hope (judging by other comments} this isn't the start of a nightmare. Yes the price was compatable with Ryobi but the Ryobi I replaced it with was 7 years old. Has this been a $189.00 lesson?

Date PurchasedJan 2018
muzshan

muzshanBusselton

Good brush cutter, two warranty repairs so far but!?!?

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Rubbish product

I purchased this 18 months ago because my cheap one died. In that time I have got it to start almost first attempt ONCE. Every other time it hasn't started, I've had to leave it for half an hour, and then about half of the time it will eventually start. It's been serviced - made no difference. Appalling waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

gregatbr

gregatbrSydney, NSW

Good so far

Date PurchasedOct 2016

MAD992

MAD992QLD, 4560

No More Husqvarna products for me

This whipper Snipper (122C) looks like a quality product and it does cut the grass edges well and is very quiet to use........but i have had a gut full of Husqvarna I should have bought a Stihl, Warranty is hard to get They have had to recall these things worldwide because the fuel tanks split, yes mine split they replaced the tank took 2 weeks Husqvarna should of handed my money back then mine is a LEMON .used it a hand full of times then another fuel leak LEMON. Man i am real sick of this crap whipper snipper just rebadged chinese Crap , So please Google the fuel tank problem before buying a 122C,
Shame Husqvarna Shame

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Can't fault the unit I purchased

Extra_GPerth

Eh

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Toasty

Toasty

nearly burned badly

Adrian WHunter Region, NSW

Good reliable unit.

Purchased a 122C in December 2014. Used it about 4 times since then, no problems to date, starts usually 2nd pull.
Nice quiet unit no need to high rev it to engage the clutch and is very easy to change cord. Hopefully it will keep going well for the next few years.

Update: Now Dec. 2015 and unit is still going well with no problems.
The unit has been difficult to start cold for the last few yrs. Solved with a quick squirt of Nulon "Start Ya" from Supercheap now starts first time everytime.

Purchased in December 2014 for $189.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass

fisher480

Hard or impossible to start with poor local backup

Don't do it. Should be good but is an absolute lemon. Very had to start and the local dealer is no help. The old Husqvarna brushcutter was much better.
Complained to Husqvarna Australia and they said they would replace it but haven't heard anything since.

So far Stihl has been the best brand I have ever had.
Good ideas
Will not go. Poor back up.

fisher480

Finally fixed. It only took 9 months. Never again.

mark

mark

husqvaarna 122ld great machine

[name removed] you must have bought a lemon . I bought a Husqvarna 122ld line trimmer 3 days a go I was a bit woried about purchasing one but I tell you what I am glad I did it is the best line trimmer I have used very easy to start very quiet .I have a Honda as well and I reckon it is better then my Honda. I would recommend this machine for sure love it.
easy to start very quiet and cuts grass well and very good on fuel great unit for the price.
its only early but cant find any at the moment

Husqvarna has lost premium status.

Worst trimmer i have ever purchased with numerous faults-recalls after little use. Leaky fuel tank-would not go and abnormal noise. I was not informed at a recall on leaking fuel tank fault by either the dealer or huaqvarna.When warranty repairs were carried out it took more than a week for repairs.
It looked ok.