Husqvarna 236 E Series

Husqvarna 236 E Series

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rubbish!! Back to stihl

Purchased in November 2017.

davejenkins

davejenkins

I'm in the crap camp.

Plastic cover for chain adjustment failed. The replacement part was ridiculously expensive so I made one myself. They refused it under warranty. Hard to start, same idle issues as others, hard to get chain on and off compared to Stihl. I only use it occasionally now if my farm boss gets stuck.

Purchased in July 2018 for $249.00.

Andrew

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Great small saw reliable efficient

Well priced small saw but reliable functional and to Husqvarna quality and reliability.. starts first time and runs so well and easy clean and get chain off for sharpening and cleaning

Purchased in September 2018 at Toowoomba outdoor power for $249.00.

Stuart H.

Stuart H.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Value for money

50yr old farmer, always bought Stihl.
Have 2 Husq 236 saws (the tooless 236e plastic tooless cover fails).
Owned these 2 little rippers for 7 years supplying most of the firewood for 4 combustion heaters around the farm.
Superb value for money.

Purchased in May 2013 at Wagga for $249.00.

Safety

Not made as good as before

Runs fine cuts ok, the bar and chain is thinner than older model , this could be something why the spocket has worn down quick starting to slip the chain, under 2years old, light use, my last 14 inch Husqvana lasted over 15years before sprocket worn and started slipping chain,

Date PurchasedMar 2017

TonyC

TonyCBrisbane

Great for around the house

Hasn’t missed a beat and got through some larger than expect trees. Light but powerful it’s size. Very easy to use, no trouble starting . Felt safe to use. Not sure how it would last as a commercial saw but for the price, it is s worth it. I would recommend it for any handy man use around the home

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Curtis

CurtisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little saw, not sure what one you guys are talking about

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Stihl man

Stihl manQueensland

Bloody awful piece of crap,save yourself the trouble.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Stihl next time bye bye huski

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Rotten_Johhny

Rotten_Johhny

Great little saw

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jack and Jill

Jack and Jill

good value solid little work horse

We read some of the poor reviews and we must own a different saw. It's brilliant. Easy to use and cuts everything it's designed for with ease and more... We are going to upgrade to do bigger logs on the farm and will stick with the Husky. My in-laws Stihl can't start the one they got at farm fest last year.... (ok so that's exaggerated but it is a heap more temperamental). Oh and we have a Husky ride on 2nd hand and Husky brush cutter that was given as a gift - both terrific and equally as reliable.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Tony

TonyAdelaide

236e...Goodbye Husqvarna products, hello Stihl!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Johnny Hiroshima

Johnny HiroshimaLoxton

Perfect home use saw.

I bought the Husky 236e because a tree blew over and blocked my driveway. It handled the job with no issues whatsoever and I’ve since been using it for firewood and trimming the other trees on my lot. It starts with no issues each time and can handle dense wood with ease. I would definitely recommend this chainsaw.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Dolph

Dolph

Awesome chainsaw!

I have had this chainsaw for 2 years and it has been flawless! I live on 4 acres with many large trees and this little chainsaw is awesome for chopping up large limbs when they fall. I keep it well maintained and put it through extended sessions of use. Works a treat for me.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Rubbish

Have used Husqvarna saws for over 20 years, all from the commercial range and have been happy with them. Bought this saw as a replacement for my Husqi 36 for light work as i'm getting too old to lug the big stuff all day. Utter rubbish. Won't idle even when level. Have to pull the choke lever in and out prior to starting every time even when warm. Won't lug in tight wood. Because it needs to be started so often the cheap plastic recoiler plate has broken. The I understand the saw is made to a price but there appears to be no quality option available at this end of the market. This is the saw that has finally made me buy a Sthil

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Excellent Saw.

These saws have recently had a complete overhaul from Husqvarna. They now have new Bearings, new seals, new cylinder and chassis, redesigned carby and the rings are now redesigned with stronger metal. They don't experience the tuning issues they had once before and have a 5 year warranty when buying the oil with the saw. Great little saw.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Tony

TonyOrange

not a very good saw at all

I told the dealer that I wanted the 236E to cut fire wood when I purchased it.Had 3 hours use and the air cleaner had dust in it already. When I returned to show the dusted saw I got told that I should have purchased a different saw? Then they dropped the bombshell that this item is designed as a 100 hour saw! Yes a design life of 100 hours. Also if you need to make an adjustment to the fuel mixture screws you will have to take your saw back to the shop as the fuel mix screws require a special push on tool to adjust. Guess what, Husqvarna will not sell you the carby adjustment tools. Lucky I am a toolmaker I can fix this my self. I have now purchased 2 Husqvarna's in one : the first and last!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Troy

TroyNormanville

Awesome cheap saw

Had it 5 years. Starts a dream and has never missed a beat. Clean it after each use and never had to service it. Love the easy tension option. Got my moneys worth out of it about 4 years as as a professional landscape gardener. Has done seriously big trees and small pruning just as easy. Totally reccomend!

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

TrevW

TrevWsydney

Had no trouble so far

I have read the other reviews and seen some with trouble touch wood i have not had any trouble yet with mine, i bought mine when on a promo at Sydney tools a good few years ago
unfortunate all the lower husqvarna these days are all made in china so its hit and miss if you get a good one.
I think stihls lower end has gone the china route to

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Work well.

Read review first, but decided to purchase it as it was on special.
I tried starting the saw following instruction, but had no luck. I showed the saw to my brother in law and he started the saw effortlessly.
The trick was 3 pulls, and move the choke to half way then 1 or 2 pulls and it starts, after that all is good.
We have since cut a few big trees, including a tree that was dead.
Im happy with my purchase. If you purchase one and you have any issues with your dealer call Husqvarna direct.
Hope this helps.
For me I got my money's worth so far.
Good Luck

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Ryan b

Ryan basked

Hi husqvarna rep, I currently have a husky 236 e series and I have been having trouble cutting with it as it seems to get blunt real quick. Even with new chain. Maybe cause of thickness of chain and the log size I’ve been cutting. Is there any chance I can put a longer bar and thicker chain on this model and would this fix my problem with getting blunt quick while I’m cutting big logs. Kind regards Ryan

Harry

Harryasked

What’s different from the 235 and 236 and how can you tell the difference from a 235 and a 235e? thanks Harry

Bob
Bob

The e stands for easy start. The starter system has an extra spring which cushions the jerking action from compression. The last 2 numbers stand for the approx. cc of the engine, not sure about differences there

Daveasked

I recently purchased a 236 e no problem starting but after awhile it seems like it has a sensor in the chain or bar as when I get close to the wood and rev it up it won't go just dies down, it idles ok but wont run under power, I took it ack to the dealer who harged me $65 to fix and told me I had water in the fuel, took it home made up new fuel using recommend mix got one tank out of it before the problem returned, I find it hard to believe it is water in fuel again, any suggestions or should I get my money back as I have a 1 hour round trip to get to my dealer?

Nick Kilvert
Nick Kilvert

Wish I could give you a good answer because I've got the same problem. As soon as I fully depress the trigger it dies. No water in fuel but if you find an answer I'd like to know.

Dave

Thanks for your reply, I finally gave in and took mine back to the dealer he pulled it apart found very little water, then checked the fuel in the can not much in there either, he replaced the fuel filter at cost of $60 found small particles of aluminium in that, got home changed my fuel into plastic container and fingers crossed no problem since, in conclusion must have been aluminium in fuel filter causing all the trouble, question why are aluminium particles getting into the filter, obviously a design fault that needs to be looked at. I also had the starter pully changed as they put a plastic one in and the corners were stripped, something else they need to change.
Dave

I'm a chainsaws/small engines mechanic and trust me, 9 of 10 Husq. 236 have the same issue. Sithl 170-180 and Huqvarna 236 are the saw we don't want to repair. They never leave the workshop running as they should...

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives