Husqvarna 236 E Series

Husqvarna 236 E Series

• Safety

Husqvarna 236

Good little saw but oil system for bar is bad oil pump gear is plastic
And strips out have replaced 2 in 2 years bought saw in 2018
Need to make it a better quality

Purchased in August 2018 for A$299.00.

Safety

When it works - brilliant little general use saw

bad

bad

Good saw but always hard to start

I've had this saw for about 6 years and it has performed perfectly for me but the one thing I don't like about it is that it's hard to start and stalls alot. I found that you need to use high quality fuel and have the fuel/oil mixture spot on otherwise you will have starting issues.

Purchased in April 2012.

herbert

herbertPerth, WA

wood saw

small branches, larger trees, runs well during the week, come sat morning dam hard to start , but runs on any fuel apples to a Sunday roast, lubrication loves beers, good for it ,67 yrs old this engine, head i love my hand saw.

Purchased in January 1973 at Castlemaine Home Timber & Hardware for A$23.00.

John

JohnIllawarra, NSW

Great all rounder saw!

Easiest chain saw I have ever started...thats what the E means and it does that. I have had this mother for about two years and have probably cut up 30 fallen trees of all different diameters from 6 inches to 24 inches thereabouts with no problems. It has got some grunt for a small saw and all I do is keep it clean after I have used it and keep my spare chains sharp and ready to go. I feel sorry for you guys that have had problems but mine has performed so good. A good feature is the chain tensioner which saves so much time and stress. Cheers!

Purchased in July 2017 at South Nowra Husqvarna chainsaws for A$249.00.

Rubbish!! Back to stihl

Purchased in November 2017.

I'm in the crap camp.

Plastic cover for chain adjustment failed. The replacement part was ridiculously expensive so I made one myself. They refused it under warranty. Hard to start, same idle issues as others, hard to get chain on and off compared to Stihl. I only use it occasionally now if my farm boss gets stuck.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$249.00.

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Great small saw reliable efficient

Well priced small saw but reliable functional and to Husqvarna quality and reliability.. starts first time and runs so well and easy clean and get chain off for sharpening and cleaning

Purchased in September 2018 at Toowoomba outdoor power for A$249.00.

Stuart H.

Stuart H.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Value for money

50yr old farmer, always bought Stihl.
Have 2 Husq 236 saws (the tooless 236e plastic tooless cover fails).
Owned these 2 little rippers for 7 years supplying most of the firewood for 4 combustion heaters around the farm.
Superb value for money.

Purchased in May 2013 at Wagga for A$249.00.

Find out how Husqvarna 236 E Series compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Not made as good as before

Runs fine cuts ok, the bar and chain is thinner than older model , this could be something why the spocket has worn down quick starting to slip the chain, under 2years old, light use, my last 14 inch Husqvana lasted over 15years before sprocket worn and started slipping chain,

Date PurchasedMar 2017
TonyC

TonyCBrisbane

Great for around the house

Hasn’t missed a beat and got through some larger than expect trees. Light but powerful it’s size. Very easy to use, no trouble starting . Felt safe to use. Not sure how it would last as a commercial saw but for the price, it is s worth it. I would recommend it for any handy man use around the home

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Curtis

CurtisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little saw, not sure what one you guys are talking about

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Stihl man

Stihl manQueensland

Bloody awful piece of crap,save yourself the trouble.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Stihl next time bye bye huski

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Rotten_Johhny

Rotten_Johhny

Great little saw

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jack and Jill

Jack and Jill

good value solid little work horse

We read some of the poor reviews and we must own a different saw. It's brilliant. Easy to use and cuts everything it's designed for with ease and more... We are going to upgrade to do bigger logs on the farm and will stick with the Husky. My in-laws Stihl can't start the one they got at farm fest last year.... (ok so that's exaggerated but it is a heap more temperamental). Oh and we have a Husky ride on 2nd hand and Husky brush cutter that was given as a gift - both terrific and equally as reliable.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Tony

TonyAdelaide

236e...Goodbye Husqvarna products, hello Stihl!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Johnny Hiroshima

Johnny HiroshimaLoxton

Perfect home use saw.

I bought the Husky 236e because a tree blew over and blocked my driveway. It handled the job with no issues whatsoever and I’ve since been using it for firewood and trimming the other trees on my lot. It starts with no issues each time and can handle dense wood with ease. I would definitely recommend this chainsaw.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dolph

Dolph

Awesome chainsaw!

I have had this chainsaw for 2 years and it has been flawless! I live on 4 acres with many large trees and this little chainsaw is awesome for chopping up large limbs when they fall. I keep it well maintained and put it through extended sessions of use. Works a treat for me.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Rubbish

Have used Husqvarna saws for over 20 years, all from the commercial range and have been happy with them. Bought this saw as a replacement for my Husqi 36 for light work as i'm getting too old to lug the big stuff all day. Utter rubbish. Won't idle even when level. Have to pull the choke lever in and out prior to starting every time even when warm. Won't lug in tight wood. Because it needs to be started so often the cheap plastic recoiler plate has broken. The I understand the saw is made to a price but there appears to be no quality option available at this end of the market. This is the saw that has finally made me buy a Sthil

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Andrewasked

my 236e was having difficulty starting then when it did start it would cut out. Took it in for repairs and was told the motor has seized and no reason why it may have done so. Was also told not worth fixing. All this after I replaced the brake chain, bar and purchased new chains. Can this be repaired or not worth doing so?

move on. Go to Stihl

Andrew

Sounds like stale fuel ? Or carby issue cutting out like that .. not really with doing engine repairs if motor has seized ?? on those small ones as they 220 new I think at the moment ..

bill

billasked

chain size e series 236

Ryan b

Ryan basked

Hi husqvarna rep, I currently have a husky 236 e series and I have been having trouble cutting with it as it seems to get blunt real quick. Even with new chain. Maybe cause of thickness of chain and the log size I’ve been cutting. Is there any chance I can put a longer bar and thicker chain on this model and would this fix my problem with getting blunt quick while I’m cutting big logs. Kind regards Ryan

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) A$399.00
Use Pruning
Bar Length36 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Chain Brake, Engine Air Pre-Cleaner and Quick / Easy Start
Weight4.7 kg