Huyndai i30 PD 1.6L Turbo Diesel CRDi Active

Huyndai i30 PD 1.6L Turbo Diesel CRDi Active (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Huyndai i30 PD 1.6L Turbo Diesel CRDi Active 2020 and Huyndai i30 PD 1.6L Turbo Diesel CRDi Active 2022.

3.8

• Comfort
  • Features
Sasa S.
Sasa S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gearbox problems! Unwilling to deal with the obvious issue!!

Nice and friendly people at dealerships, but most likely trained to fend off the more expensive warranty issues. I have been there 3-4 times reporting an obvious issue with the gearbox (dual clutch, 2017 I30 diesel), and every time - 'it is fine', 'it is normal', or even - 'you need to learn to drive a dual clutch car'....

Before purchasing Hyundai, I heard it is one of the best servicing brand in Australia!

Makes me think they want to push it out until not under warranty? And certainly makes me want to go for another brand!

First chance, will post a video of the car shaking and jumping. So you can see for yourself if that is normal. Been driving like that for a good 1.5 years! Disappointing!

Purchased in October 2017.

Byron N.
Byron N.Western Australia

The Europe factor without the Euro poverty, my initial impressions.

Other Hatchbacks

Compact space efficient hatch

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hatchbacks

Find out how Huyndai i30 PD 1.6L Turbo Diesel CRDi Active compares to other Hatchbacks

Lorax1
Lorax1Geelong

Great fuel economy

Rented this on a recent trip to Brisbane - Wowo I loved it. Boy has this brand come along since I was a kid and they are getting into the performance side of things with the N series too now which are rivalling VW Golf. I really couldn't fault the car in any way - perhaps finish quality on some of the internal surfaces if you pushed me but it was not a problem. Mine was an auto an it was getting under 6l per100kms on the freeway - outstanding!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Silky
Silky

Great and reasonably priced medium sized car

We bought this car as a second car for the household. Includes, reverse camera, stylish accessories, android play and was also recorded as one of the best hatch back cars. We have had no disappointments so far. Excellent pick up, seats are comfortable and great body for a hatch back car.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
luvasoccer
luvasoccerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impresssive

Very impressed with my first Hyundai. Got the Active model with 1.6L turbo diesel motor. Very swift and economical. Beats my old corolla and Forester off the line easily and I'm getting 5.0Lt/100Km since new which was 1700km ago. Heaps of features included, the big screen has sat nav that works better than my tomtom and the DAB+ digital radio is great, but not in tunnels. My only regret is saying no to the salesman when being tempted witt he next model up, I now wish I had paid a bit more for the full suite of safety features, start button and bigger wheels. Not complaining though, this car is absolutely bullet proof, I love it.

Date PurchasedSept 2017