42001-2007 Hyundai Terracan

Mike
MikeCentral, SA5 posts

Barry W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

tyres

you must have the same type and depth of tread per axle which is normal, the awd vehicle you must have 4 tyres the same type and tread depth, I hope this helps...
I had my terry since 2008 Turbo Diesel SLX demo model and change the oil every 5000 kms with synthetic oil and had no trouble at all. Show details
Jay
JayMid North Coast, NSW3 posts

Lovemyterracan

Hi everyone, i own a 2006 2.9 ltr turbo diesel terracan, which i bought in August 2017. I use it for travel and around town. Last year she had a blown head and needs a new motor just wondering if a 2004 motor will fit. Show details
alamc

Jenz3910vic, 391014 posts

Bterrycan
Bterrycan

Reliable and cheap

I bought this car from a friend, making me the third owner. It had 185,000 on the clock. He had reliably changed the oil - that was it.

I too have changed the oil every 7000kms. It’s now done 230,000kms and is still going like a dream. It drops plenty of oil but nothing out of the ordinary for a car with so many kms

Its been 4x4 used and driven up the east coast of Aus twice. It’s also the daily drop off for the school run.

Fuel economy is awful, but who cares? If you are buying a v6 terracan for economy then give yourself an uppercut then go buy an echo.

Drumbrake7
Drumbrake7Southwest, VIC9 posts

Good bang for bucks

Was our only car, so used for everything. Economical on trips, but when something goes wrong, parts are not easy too buy, and are very expensive. I am in the process of selling it now, as I can not afford to repair and maintain it. The fuel system needs total replacement, costing between $4000 and $5000 dollars, due to picking up some dirty fuel at a servo. Will never buy a diesel car again.

Ally
AllyHunter Region, NSW7 posts

PeterH
PeterHBrisbane

Foxy Wholsalers

Same car yard 2 months later and a $6000 engine repair bill after 8 days of ownership. Suspension totally rebuilt with a delaminating rear tyre thrown in as well. After 10 reliable years with a Sportage I thought this would be the bigger brother and better built. Good points are it’s a big strong car for a reasonable price, bad points are the same with any common rail diesel motor - if they break they cost a fortune to repair. Front suspension is the torsion bar style ( like a 1973 Valliant) and wobbles/creaks and generally has to be driven well below the speed limit to remain safe on the road even after $1500 in repairs.

Trace
TraceAU2 posts

2006 Turbo diesel radiator problems

I've just brought a car off Foxy Wholesalers in Brisbane, drove it 440km in under 19hrs. Rang caryard told me it was my problem. Car is pumping water from the radiator to the overflow, it shut down. Does anyone know if it would be the thermostat or the radiator that is the problem?

Bernadette
BernadetteRokewood4 posts

2002 petrol model unfortunately was a headache

We wanted to like this car, the size and seating capacity was perfect for us but unfortunately our particular car was nothing but a money pit and needed endless repairs starting with the engine being rebuilt after the car continually went into limp mode whilst driving, the starter motor went, another $1700 motor repair, punctured break line then an alternator bearing problem and the transmission was starting to go. We never took it off road but we discovered a fortnight after buying that the car yard who sold it to us sold it in bad condition.

Prathap
Prathap

Running 1 lakh plus kms..still running strong without any problems

Hmm nothing seems to be wrong with my Terry. Running 1 lakh plus kms still running strong..replaced clutch plate and brake pads till now.. No issues with the engine.. Sometimes i see check engine light turning on after hitting 140kms speed.. Don't know the reason..might b loose connection problem..dealer said injectors need to be serviced which is common in all the vehicles..gotta replace fuel filters.. Love my Terracan.

John
John

Engine heating problems

I have had my Terracan since new had all the right services....now for no reason at all the temperatre guage goes up ......Engine does not over heat....You stop the car turn key off and start again and temperature guage is normal ...you can travel 500 kms and then up comes temp...

Dig