Hyundai Tucson

Hyundai Tucson

JM, TL

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paula Cook

Paula CookSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my Tuscon

I purchased my used Tuscon 3weeks ago from a used car dealership in Kippa-Ring. I love the style of the interior and the placement of switches and buttons.
It has cruise control - bonus.
Power windows. 17" wheels. Its high up, which is great. Its economical, low on fuel. I love that it cane with full service history, low kilometres and log books.
Sleek little SUV, well worth the money spent.

Purchased in November 2019 at O'Briens Wholesale Cars for $5,000.00.

TransmissionManual
BoughtUsed
Year2007

Cate

CateWimmera, VIC

Love this car

I have now had this car for over 2 years and my family and I love it. The fuel economy is reasonable and we average 7.8 litres for our regular driving. The power is more than adequate for what I do and it only ever feels sluggish on large hills. The comfort is amazing and our family of 4 do lots of long trips with it happily. It is smooth to drive and the camera makes reversing much easier. I would recommend this vehicle to any families up to 4 people.

Purchased in April 2017.

A worry

I love the car, it drives well and tows my small caravan well. But the gear often gets stuck in park, it sometimes vibrates when idling, the door seal has split, and recently the accelerator has taken a few seconds to respond after slowing down to enter a round-about , this is a very dangerous situation when there are cars boring down on you. I now feel very unsafe in the vehicle. Because the problems don’t occur on the service depts test drive they say there is not a problem. I am very disappointed in Hyundai and it’s so called “care”. I can’t recommend anyone buying one and I would like to sell it but can’t sell s potential death trap. I would hate up cause injury or death to someone.

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
Year2016

MalPerth WA

Quite pleased

Purchased in August 2019 at DVG Maddington.

Year2019

Cool Breeze

Cool BreezeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wouldn't Spend this much for Hyundai SUV

Purchased in November 2018.

Jane46

Jane46Perth, WA

Good Car

Purchased in August 2017 at John Hughes Car Sales.

TransmissionManual

JSB

JSBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect family car

Purchased in August 2018 at Hyundai Dealers.

Fortunate Son

Fortunate SonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Car, Great build quality, Stunning Looks.

Traded in the ageing Commodore(VE) on the Tuscon and couldnt be happier. The list of standard inclusions on the Active X prooved great value.
Nicely finshed leather seats, dashboard layout functional and modern, very confortable and quite to drive.
Plenty of room and a decent size rear cargo area.
POwer on top when you need it and doesnt guzzle fuel the way the old six cylinder bommodore did.
Backed with a 5 year warranty you simply cant go wrong.
Is it any wonder local car manufacturers hit the wall with offerings like this available from Hyundai.
Would highly recommend the Hyundai Tuscon it wont dissapoint!

Purchased in October 2018.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)

Same Problem

My 2017 Hyundai Highlander has the same problem - lag especially when accelerating from slow speed / from start. Can get you into trouble if not alert to it.

Mentioned it to Hyundai dealer at service today and he said nothing they can do about it. I regret not asking for a more detailed elaboration of the problem.

Year2017
swfchang

swfchangMelbourne

“Good” driving comfort but quality issues

Purchased in September 2016.

Year2016

cnwrailfan

cnwrailfanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We Love Our Tucson Highlander!

Purchased in May 2017 at Hyundai Ferntree Gully for $46,000.00.

Year2017

DavidN

DavidNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hyundai Tucson is the best SUV on value and safety if you get the Smart Sense package

Purchased in February 2019 at Nunawading Hyundai.

Year2019

Karah .B

Karah .BSouthwest, VIC

Best car I have owned!

My mechanic was the one that recommended a Hyundai Tucson. I did the research and looked at independent reviews. I went and test drove one and fell in love!
The value for money is fantastic and I have not had a single issue.
My mechanic also says that they are easy to service. I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner!

Purchased in October 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $30.00.

Master Burton

Master BurtonPerth

Great family car! Reliable, cheap to service

Date PurchasedJan 2016
DriveFWD
druss999

druss999Toowoomba

Tucson in Toowoomba

Moved from Sydney to Toowoomba Qld to retire. Bought the Tucson for comfort and practicality. Has been just great! Smooth comfy and roomy inside. Dual clutch transmission is perfect for rural and semi-rural driving. Have noticed big city dwellers dont like this tranny....so go for the 2.0 auto for big city crawl-driving and diesel for long haul and towing. Best car I have driven.

TransmissionDual clutch
Date PurchasedSep 2018
Sam

SamCanberra

Beautiful to drive, but infotainment system lacks

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Drive4WD

Jmill

JmillHornsby

Nice comfy car to drive

My Tucson Active X is now near it’s 3rd year and 41,000 km. So far so nice to drive, its a bit slow on acceleration but that’s what I expect from a 2wd. leather seats still looking newish and still no issues with the car overall.
We have no regret buying this family wagon

Date PurchasedMar 2016
DriveFWD

Bruce Larsen  T423242

Bruce Larsen T423242

Terrible

I purchased a 2017 awd diesel 2lt tuscon in april. It shuddered at different speeds which after several times taking it hack to the dealer finally did a software update. That fixed the shuddering but then we have a rumble at 70kmh in cruise which it did not do prior to the software update. Mechanic stated at the dealership it had a problem after driving the demo which it didnt rumble. Hyundai after having the vehicle for over 20 days tell us now there is no problem as thats normal. We will never buy another hyundai again. We have had several hyundais but this truly shows the companies colours. We have only driven 5000km since april.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

C354R

C354RAveley

Very smooth and luxurious

Our Tucson gets used everyday of the week, and so far it has been great. All the comforts of a luxury car but without the price tag. We bought a large SUV to make way for our growing family, and thus far we have had no problems with it. We love the automatic lights, push start, push button back door and all the tech stuff inside. On the downside, it does fail (at times) to change gears properly while on the road and has a lag in changing gears at the right times. The transmission by hyundai is the major let down. But apart from that, a beautiful car!

BadgeElite
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Vik

VikHeathcote

Great if you never have to stop or take off!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018