JM, TL

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

DO NOT BUY HYUNDAI TUSCAN

I would like to make sure everyone knows Hyundai Tuscan has a major engine issue. I own a 2017 Tuscan. The engine is dead and I am getting zero support from the company because my km's are past the km's they cover under the Warranty. There are many discussions around this online and a lot of owners are talking about the horrible experiences they have had with this car's engine. I am left with a dead car and 18k debt to the bank.

I just want to add that I am a Hyundai dedicated customer for the past couple of years. This is the third Hyundai car my family has purchased and will never go back to Hyundai again. I hope no one experiences this. Do not buy Tuscan.

AngeloGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hyundai Tuscon 2014 2lt Auto

I bought Tuscon Active 2014 automatic second hand. Drives like new. Few small issues but nothing major. Very solid vehicle and good value for money. I find it very reliable for a 5yo. Kilometres on the clock? 355.000. And still going very strong. No oil leaks, no noise, all works fine. Only needs a new set of wiper guides and maybe a new switch for one of the power windows. It's my first Hyundai but most certainly not my last.

Purchased in September 2020.

Philip

PhilipBrisbane

Worst car ever owned!

Purchased in December 2005 at Hyundai Dealers for $36,000.00.

Greg A.

Greg A.South East Queensland, QLD

Lemon

Purchased in March 2016 at Hyundai Dealers for $40,000.00.

Paul

PaulNorth Queensland, QLD

Bought new 2007 never had any problems

Bought it after test driving more expensive brands and liked it Now 14 yrs later still like it and no problems at all except for blown number plate light! it does need more than 4 speeds in auto when on open road but ok if you keep it to 100 Very solid well built practical little car

Purchased in April 2007.

Features
DUbi-88

DUbi-88Sydney, NSW

Great Family Car

We purchased this car in 2017 and so far it has been fantastic. It is fuel economic and spacious without being too clunky. The Tuscon has great design, looks great and is perfect for both city and open road driving.

Purchased in November 2017 for $28,000.00.

Kylie F

Kylie FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love our new family car!

Purchased in November 2019 at Zupps for $32,999.00.

So bad, you'll need to buy 2!

Purchased in December 2015.

Tyrone Bandara

Tyrone BandaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outdated in comparison to it's competitors

Purchased in December 2019 for $4,500.00.

Sonya Seal

Sonya Seal

Great car love it

We bought our Tucson about nine months ago and it has been a fabulous car to get around. It is comfortable and easily fits myself and my 6 ft 4 husband.
I found that it goes well and is easy on the petrol. The car is easy to manoeuvre and parking it has a great turning circle which is one of the things we checked when we bought it
I use my car every day to get to and from work and to run around. It has a great boot space which holds my pram as well as all the groceries.
The only downside that I have found with this car itsThe only downside that I have found with this car is its space in the back seat when putting a rear facing childcare seat in the space is a little bit lacking.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hyundai Dealers for $28,000.00.

Paula Cook

Paula CookSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my Tuscon

I purchased my used Tuscon 3weeks ago from a used car dealership in Kippa-Ring. I love the style of the interior and the placement of switches and buttons.
It has cruise control - bonus.
Power windows. 17" wheels. Its high up, which is great. Its economical, low on fuel. I love that it cane with full service history, low kilometres and log books.
Sleek little SUV, well worth the money spent.

Purchased in November 2019 at O'Briens Wholesale Cars for $5,000.00.

Cate

CateWimmera, VIC

Love this car

I have now had this car for over 2 years and my family and I love it. The fuel economy is reasonable and we average 7.8 litres for our regular driving. The power is more than adequate for what I do and it only ever feels sluggish on large hills. The comfort is amazing and our family of 4 do lots of long trips with it happily. It is smooth to drive and the camera makes reversing much easier. I would recommend this vehicle to any families up to 4 people.

Purchased in April 2017.

A worry

I love the car, it drives well and tows my small caravan well. But the gear often gets stuck in park, it sometimes vibrates when idling, the door seal has split, and recently the accelerator has taken a few seconds to respond after slowing down to enter a round-about , this is a very dangerous situation when there are cars boring down on you. I now feel very unsafe in the vehicle. Because the problems don’t occur on the service depts test drive they say there is not a problem. I am very disappointed in Hyundai and it’s so called “care”. I can’t recommend anyone buying one and I would like to sell it but can’t sell s potential death trap. I would hate up cause injury or death to someone.

Mal

MalPerth WA

Quite pleased

Purchased in August 2019 at DVG Maddington.

TransmissionAutomatic

Cool Breeze

Cool BreezeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wouldn't Spend this much for Hyundai SUV

Purchased in November 2018.

Jane46

Jane46Perth, WA

Good Car

Purchased in August 2017 at John Hughes Car Sales.

JSB

JSBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect family car

Purchased in August 2018 at Hyundai Dealers.

Fortunate Son

Fortunate SonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Car, Great build quality, Stunning Looks.

Traded in the ageing Commodore(VE) on the Tuscon and couldnt be happier. The list of standard inclusions on the Active X prooved great value.
Nicely finshed leather seats, dashboard layout functional and modern, very confortable and quite to drive.
Plenty of room and a decent size rear cargo area.
POwer on top when you need it and doesnt guzzle fuel the way the old six cylinder bommodore did.
Backed with a 5 year warranty you simply cant go wrong.
Is it any wonder local car manufacturers hit the wall with offerings like this available from Hyundai.
Would highly recommend the Hyundai Tuscon it wont dissapoint!

Purchased in October 2018.

Same Problem

My 2017 Hyundai Highlander has the same problem - lag especially when accelerating from slow speed / from start. Can get you into trouble if not alert to it.

Mentioned it to Hyundai dealer at service today and he said nothing they can do about it. I regret not asking for a more detailed elaboration of the problem.

Geoff B

Geoff Basked

Tucson

what weight and length caravan can be towed easily by a 2018 hyundai active x 4 cylinder auto tucson

Angelo

Tow a caravan with a 2 litre Tuscon???
Maybe going downhill be ok but going up some of the hills around Eden etc you be going backwards.
Tuscon is a great car but it's towing capabilities
are very limited. Maybe jet skis, a small trailer or the kids cubby house be ok, but even a small caravan will kill your car.
Cheers!

Brian H.asked

Tucson

I have 2017 2WD petrol have used it to tow my caravan 1470kg have found the ball weight of van 140kg exceeds the cars capacity. Is this factual, if so is there a kit available. Brian

Swany
Swany

Hi Brian yes you are over the towing towball weight capacity which im pretty sure on that vehicle is 120 kg ball weight , sorry i cant help you with your original question however i was wondering how well your tucson tows your caravan up hills as I'm about to purchase a caravan myself and did not want to change my vehicle, any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers swany

Brian H.

Petrol engine 4cyl very underpowered I wish I'd gone for the larger Hyundai 6cyl. Thanks for your ball weight info. Brian

Jody

Jodyasked

Tucson

Do Hyundai active x have timing belts

Nahaz
Nahaz

According to many reports on Google, As of 2013, all Hyundai engine models have a chain. ... Unlike a timing belt that needs to be replaced after a certain amount of travel due to wear, the chain doesn't require special maintenance or replacement at a certain interval

Compare all 19 Hyundai Tucson
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $38,585$31,285$33,285$45,110
TransmissionAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypeDieselPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption6.4 L/100km7.8 L/100km7.9 L/100km7.7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 62 L62 L62 L62 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L
Max Power136kW @ 4000rpm122kW @ 6200rpm122kW @ 6200rpm130kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque400Nm @ 1750-2750rpm205Nm @ 4000rpm205Nm @ 4000rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,600 kg1,600 kg1,600 kg1,600 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions