icare

icare

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by icare

1.1
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (6) · No (3)

Smart Shopper
Smart ShopperSydney, NSW

Completely Incompetent

The I in ICare must stand for incompetent, as that's been our experience with them time and time again. ICare are supposed to be the NSW Workers Compensation regulator, though the insurance companies who are only agents of the scheme are doing whatever they wish, as ICare refuse to take any action when these insurer's time and time again fail to adhere to the law. I believe that ICare have only just gone through a big enquiry with sackings made, though this has had little effect on the agency. ICare needs to be disbanded as they aren't fulfilling their obligations in any sense of the word, and are a lap dog of the insurance companies.

Julee L.
Julee L.

Absolutely ridiculous

This company is beyond ridiculous they never call when they say they will, you get passed around to consultants and never hear from anyone. Constantly out of pocket with them. If you have to deal with then for workers Comp I suggest you get a lawyer to contact them because these people are beyond useless

Paul C
Paul CSydney, NSW

Useless and ignorant

Without doubt the most useless incompetent organisation I have dealt with. I am responsible for 2 companies - I have received over 20 letters since August...some asking me to pay a premium for a policy they just made up, others asking for declarations that have been done at least twice, letter after letter saying the tried to contact me, but didn't. After 3 official complaints to them, 2 to Matt Kean's office I receive a call, who blames it on AI?? Seriously...the dog ate my homework is the best you can do. If this was a privately run organisation they would all be punted within a day. This place personifies the classic government entity and not one person is prepared to take any accountability

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

The worst of the worst of companies. Incompetent is an understatement

They are a scam. When you don’t pay they use lawyers to come to your door.
The worst company to I have literally ever dealt with. Please stay away from them

BCC
BCC

Poor service, causes more stress then it’s worth

Poor service, poor complaints process, poor communication and lots of lies and deception, weekly wages for workers are always late, the injured worker cannot try and recover because they have to always chase up approval, payments and such from icare. Very pathetic to be blunt, needs to be looked into and fixed!

Elke Holmes
Elke HolmesCentral West, NSW

Cookie cutter workers comp insurance

Contacted icare questioning why I'm paying $460 insurance on a very low income, working from home ie. no driving involved, no lifting or heavy work and another person I know is only paying $190, drives huge distances all over the state and uses dangerous machinery in a workshop with students. I resent paying huge unjustified premiums when I am very low risk for injury and on a low income. To me this is just box ticking cookie cutter insurance and not personalized and reflective of each workers situation. If I had a choice, I would choose to not insure myself as it would be detrimental to my business to put a claim in and be off work-I would go broke, but no, the government insist I must have the insurance.

Claim Made No

Worst Business Insurance company!

After 2 months of phone calls and emails with Icare and the State Debt recovery office, im still trying to cancel my business insurance. I have cleared outlined my business has not been trading and does not require this service due to my business no longer trading. I have gone into great detail to outline, Icare was never given my permission to renew this insurance. I have been hit with a $439 renewal fee, which is total madness. This has been my worst and most stresfful expereince with any form of insurance company. I hope people read this WARNING. Never go near this company, as they have zero customer service or care for clients.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
John
John

CANCEL MY ACCOUNT for the millionth time!!!!!

I have tried calling icare - no one answers. I tried emailing them, they say noone replies to this email even though they have replied before and they accepted the actual wages declarations form there. I tried messaging them on Facebook. Finally I was told to cancel it online which I did but the emails keep coming telling me to pay the outstanding amount fo the next renewal and if it's not it's going to the debt collectors. CANCEL MY F&&^%ING ACCOUNT already!!!! What kind of crap company is this??? I'm fed up!!!!! Next stop the Ombudsman for a formal complaint.

Icare - nobody cares

After 6 months no result
Nobody provided feedback or updates
No help at all
Better get a lawyer to help you or a different company
I felt not taken seriously

Claim Made Yes

AndyIllawarra, NSW

The worst company to deal with

It has taken over 2 years and at least 20 phone calls to cancel my account.
Every time you ring them it’s 20 minutes on hold, then transferred from one person to another. I canceled my account after going full time, yet 3 months later the debt collectors letters started. I would ring up, they would say it was there fault, everything is now ok, then a few months later a debt collectors note would arrive in the mail, this is still going on, 2 years later!
Stay away at all cost, there is nothing good about them and I would suggest the 5 start reviews are fake.

Jen Moon
Jen MoonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing two staff that actually showed care

Claim Made Yes
Bathurst Basher
Bathurst BasherCentral West, NSW

Overpriced and locked-in

I paid $1700 for one employee (and not myself) ... how can a small business start with this overhead?
At the end of the call I was told that I couldn't stop payments unless I close the business ... ouch !! ... locked-In !!

Immoral tactics.

CAse managers ignore emails or pretend not to receive documents to delay reimbursement. Took months and many emails to finally get whwat I was entitled to. They hope you will just give up and not worry about it. Company wide tactics. As each manager has to hit cost targets to earn incentive bonuses, they hang you out to dry for their own profit. See four corners report on Icare for further information.

Stay Away

Terrible admin and communication. They don't reply to support emails and queries but very quick to send overdue reminders and hand over to debt collectors. Please save your sanity and stay away from this company!

Bryan G.
Bryan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Very poor billing and communication

Canceled policy 18 months ago and thought everything had been finalised (as per email received) until I got a call from State debt recovery. Thinking there'd been some mistake, told State debt to follow up with icare. Next point of contact is follow up letter from State debt with $65 late fee on top

Anita C.
Anita C.asked

Who will join me in filing a Class Action Lawsuit against icare?
After learning about the corruption within icare it certainly explained a lot. I learnt it’s a system that sets the injured worker up to fail from the very beginning, and we cannot let them get away with it.
The country's worst financial bungle - icare blows billions of dollars worth of employers premiums on outrageous salaries for icare executives.
Sack the board and recruit staff who are trained in Worker’s Compensation and are able to manage claims appropriately.
The Treasurer has a lot to answer for. After countless warnings from the Regulatory Insurance Authority, still nothing was done to stop corruption within icare and the underpayment of tens of thousands of injured workers.
I submitted nine workcover certificates in 12 months - all rejected by icare. I was left to work in an unsafe workplace until my symptoms were so severe, I had to resign.

ELIZABETH CHEETHAM
ELIZABETH CHEETHAMasked

I was terminated from my employment because of injuries at work and received a termination payment which included my annual leave long service leave and 5 weeks in lieu of notice . I was receiving weekly payments from insurance company when terminated. The insurance company have ceased my payments for 5 weeks saying the 5 weeks in lieu are counted as earnings. Yet in your icare manual it states pay in lieu is not counted as renumeration. I believe the payment in lieu is entitlements ( 4 weeks) and a extra week for being 58 years old. I have been told this is a grey ares by wiro and want to know why it isnt black and white for all and clear in the icare manual please ?

Get an answer from our members and icare representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance