icare

icare

Very poor processes

Endless to and fro of invoices and emails every year that ends in confusion each time. They do not know what they are doing. There should not be a monopoly for such an industry. They need competition to lift their game.

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only

Elmo

ElmoShellharbour

Sending predatory invoices for non existent policy

Received a claim through a lawyer chasing payments on insurance policy that I never had. Lawyer never provided requested further particulars and in the end they withdrew the claim at pre-trial hearing. Count me in for a class action claim against this unethical company.

Claim MadeNo

Icares incompetence, misconduct and bad customer service

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Vicki

VickiNorth Western Region, NSW

worst billing system

I have just received out account due today at 3.43pm. How can their billing system be so out of touch as to send an account that is due that day. No reminder, no account. Really.

Dave G.

Dave G.

Unbelievable incompetence

I was unlucky enough to need this insurance just as Icare took over the monopoly. I paid 4 times as much as all my peers. I cannot explain the nightmare

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Keep invoicing me even my abn is cancelled

How can a company like this? Never update the abn database? My abn has been cancelled and still keep sending me the invoice paper to my old business address which is not belong to me anymore? Hay icare? Brainless? Don’t you only know how to charge your customer and never reply? I have already relocation to the other state and. Sorry I wont pay for your cheating icare insurance at all!

Plan CoverageExtras Only

André d.

André d.Sydney, NSW

The worst service I have seen

An employee got injured 3 months ago. The problem is that we have been waiting for the refund from Icare for more than 2 months now. My employee and I have been calling Icare since the beginning, every calling takes us about an hour because the attendants keep we waiting or transferring our calling from one to another. What happens in the end of every call is that the attendant says that the payment is gonna be made but till now nothing. Not even an explanation. That is only the main problem but really the service is disgusting. By now I keep calling them but I do not believe that the payment is gonna come through. Just to prove what I am saying you can check the email I asked for to one of the attendants.

Claim DateMay 2019

RRoe

RRoeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Out of control and irresponsible for its organizations actions.

I have been waiting for refund and calculation process to be completed for over two years as our company down sized significantly.
Multiple emails and hours of phone calls which end up with non-matching data.
Then supposedly sorted out, but to date no confirmation.
Now again I have been sent a bill after multiple assurances i would receive a refund.
Multiple emails and hours of phone calls which end up with non-matching data.
This just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
Nobody who can take responsibility and get it sorted and confirmed.
Terrible terrible terrible, who can you turn to??? It's like a nightmare!!
Appears to be monopolized irresponsible headless monster/machine.

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Obstructive, occasionally rude, Shocking m monopoly of services.

It's almost pointless writing a review when NSW businesses have no choice but to use this company. I have a degree yet can't seem to manage to get the paperwork for a claim acceptable. Have never claimed in 11 years and now that I have one it has been months and still no money back for me. I would change in a heartbeat if I could. Will be writing letters to minister...should be illegal NOT to have alternative.

Ignorant pigs

I have all the emails regarding my worker comp claim, was promised payment , they have not responded to my emails for over a month. There needs to be an investigation into these people , pretty sure its a scam lucky i have a claim number .Dont use them ever they do not look after the employees at all. I shall be formerly lodging a complaint as there’s people should not be operating

Claim DateMarch 2019

Tegan saved the day

I have been struggling with icare for 2 years, false invoices and such i got sick of it and called icare and tegan answers and solves my problem she should be the manager because she listened and i understood my problems and was the only one to help solve my problems of over two years, i was prepared to make a formal complaint because of how frustrated and stressed i was because of icare

Gene

GeneSydney, NSW

zero stars is not an option I care do not deserve even 1 Star

I have been owed money for more than 1 year and now find I am legally obliged to pay again for a current year even though money has been outstanding to me now more than 12 months. I have wasted days of my life on the phone trying to deal with this. Cluster cluck was the term used by the last person I spoke to in relation to this, there are thousands of people with money outstanding.......

Claim DateAugust 2018

Brain Drained

Brain DrainedSydney, NSW

Government Dictatorship

mossi

mossiSydney, NSW

Still waiting for a refund this co is a disgrace

I have been waiting months for a refund and each time I call or email them I get different answers
they keep saying a system error what a load of crap its 2019 any system error can be fixed quickly
they are quick to take your money and slow to give it back they should be ashamed and need to fix this bad servie

Claim DateJanuary 2019
KayS

KaySNorth Western Region, NSW

They gave me what I would never have been able to get myself

Formerly, Lifetime Care and support, (insurance for road users obtaining injuries in NSW) literally made my life so much easier. They approached me in 2012 and outlined the role they played. After years of ironing out some creases the company has soared. Just an insight, they accomodate my spinal injury 100% my medication, car modification and anything relating to my injury. Ultimately helping me with what can only be estimated at a million or more $$ in support.

Mal B

Mal BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unable to view their invoice attachments on an iPad account in arrears.

All communication is via email, I got a letter from the debit collection agency, then I call icare they say I was automatically rolled over from QBE.
They say they have been emailing the invoice, yes emails have no attachments, yes there is a problem with iPad Apple users viewing our attachments. Wow so I have never gotten an invoice then. So how can you collect a debt on something never received.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

ICare. They don't care

Dealing with this company many times to resolve one simple situation many hours wasted as staff are so poorly trained, there are several other companies that offer to same product.

If I could give zero stars I would

Stuff up after stuff up, phone call after phone call after email after email. Roughly 18 month process to finally get an answer and get hit with a back charge of $950,000. ABSOLUTELY USELESS, INCOMPETENT AND DISGUSTING COMPANY TO DEAL WITH

Mark

MarkSydney

Unacceptable

For the second year running I have had to make 5 phone calls and pay three different amounts just to renew my policy. They are so disorganised.

Insurance claim madeNo

Beware - have to continually chase for refunds.

After submitting and having to pay for estimated wages 2018/2019 in August 2018 we're still waiting for a refund for the declaration of actual wages for 2017/2018. I've just yet sent another email & I know they get them because I get an acknowledgement email in reply.
Exactly the same thing happened last year, approx 5 emails to them and phone calls before we got that refund.

They won't give it back unless you keep on them - BEWARE!
A Government Dept with no service & business respect