icare

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (3)

Icare - nobody cares

After 6 months no result
Nobody provided feedback or updates
No help at all
Better get a lawyer to help you or a different company
I felt not taken seriously

Claim MadeYes

AndyIllawarra, NSW

The worst company to deal with

It has taken over 2 years and at least 20 phone calls to cancel my account.
Every time you ring them it’s 20 minutes on hold, then transferred from one person to another. I canceled my account after going full time, yet 3 months later the debt collectors letters started. I would ring up, they would say it was there fault, everything is now ok, then a few months later a debt collectors note would arrive in the mail, this is still going on, 2 years later!
Stay away at all cost, there is nothing good about them and I would suggest the 5 start reviews are fake.

Jen Moon

Jen MoonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing two staff that actually showed care

Claim MadeYes

Bathurst Basher

Bathurst BasherCentral West, NSW

Overpriced and locked-in

I paid $1700 for one employee (and not myself) ... how can a small business start with this overhead?
At the end of the call I was told that I couldn't stop payments unless I close the business ... ouch !! ... locked-In !!

Immoral tactics.

CAse managers ignore emails or pretend not to receive documents to delay reimbursement. Took months and many emails to finally get whwat I was entitled to. They hope you will just give up and not worry about it. Company wide tactics. As each manager has to hit cost targets to earn incentive bonuses, they hang you out to dry for their own profit. See four corners report on Icare for further information.

Stay Away

Terrible admin and communication. They don't reply to support emails and queries but very quick to send overdue reminders and hand over to debt collectors. Please save your sanity and stay away from this company!

Bryan G.

Bryan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Very poor billing and communication

Canceled policy 18 months ago and thought everything had been finalised (as per email received) until I got a call from State debt recovery. Thinking there'd been some mistake, told State debt to follow up with icare. Next point of contact is follow up letter from State debt with $65 late fee on top

Steven Arthur

Steven ArthurSydney, NSW

Attempts to charge penalties that exceed 50% of policy cost

I have their legal department chasing me for filling fee's for a standard workers comp policy, after we defaulted tow instalments. Not only did we pay it in full, but the penalty was for half the rate of the policy. Extortive and unethical intimidation tactics.

Enyd

EnydIllawarra, NSW

Made a good situation bad

Icare really let me down. They moved my workcover case through quickly but created friction in my work situation. I am now being bullied due to their actions and will continue to be based on the nature of our management. I’m also injured and home alone and will certainly not engage with Icare again. Sadly all I wanted was to get straight back to work.

John

John

Awful service

iCare service is terrible. They emailed me on 17 June to say they were sending a refund cheque; that cheque has not arrived and my query emails have been ignored.

Andrew C.

Andrew C.South East Queensland, QLD

The Wesfarmers Club

John Nagle, CEO and former Wesfarmers director, is an extremely conceited and arrogant person. Thanks to him, icare has gone from just two executives earning $300,000+ per year to more than 30 executives (many also from Wesfarmers and without any work insurance experience) earning that amount and more - from a total of $660,000 to more than $18 million in executive salaries alone! Meanwhile, workers’ compensation claimants are being struck off after a certain time limit or even denied claims altogether. An unethical and immoral company, run by unethical and immoral people.

Edit: John Nagle quit the day after I wrote this review... How ironic!

Worst company ever to deal with

Worst experience of any company I’ve dealt with !
Unprofessional, can’t accurately work out premiums ,
Bad interaction with Icare staff
Bad response to emails and calls
ZERO stars !!! But to do this review had to pick at least 1
From Alan Maggs

Laney

LaneySydney Surrounds, NSW

Icare is just a insurance company run by our trusty government

Icare are just another insurance company run by the government. They don't help anyone on workers compensation having problems with Insurance company like QBE. I had surgery on my wrist in May & sled for help mowing my lawns, QBE said because I've used up all of my privileges, i can't have help from QBE . What a waste of tax payers money!!

Jules

JulesSydney, NSW

In the digital age, we're back to paper forms. But that's fine in a monopoly.

Renewal process for Workers Comp since icare took over as a sole insurer is never clear (and that is for something that is very well defined and hasn't changed in years). I used to do it online with my previous insurer before it was effectively monopolised and icare - even 2 years after that happened - hasn't managed to get their process online, so what effectively was meant to make it cheaper probably makes it more expensive with all the manual work of dealing with emails and PDFs back and forth. Additionally, they can afford to have a crap customer experience because it's not like you can deal with a competitor. Pretty disappointing.

(I had to select some health insurance to submit review, disregard it, this is workers comp.)

Pierre

PierreRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Scammers

Do not trust these criminals. They just renewed my contract without my consent then demand the money off me. Their support person I talked to was totally out of line invading my privacy telling me I can’t cancel the policy unless I give her a reason?!?!? What the ? Complaining to the department of fair trading.

Amanda

AmandaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dishonest and very poor processes

awiseowl

awiseowlMid North Coast, NSW

ICARE Workers Comp. DISGUSTING. Royal Commission Needed

Kgoods

Kgoods

Two hours and 6 staff members just to get a quote for one employee!

It took two hours to get a quote with Icare this morning for one part-time employee! There is no category for charities or non-profits, even though it's one of the largest employers in NSW! The time spent on the phone being given conflicting advice every time cost more in my time than the insurance policy itself. If they don't even know how to quote, god help us if we ever need to claim through them.

Agree with other comments here, their monopoly is a joke. They clearly need some competition to lift their game and perhaps consider including the massive charity sector in NSW as an industry.

Kie, Sydney

Kie, Sydney

iCare is not the answer to workers compensation issues

Very poor processes

Endless to and fro of invoices and emails every year that ends in confusion each time. They do not know what they are doing. There should not be a monopoly for such an industry. They need competition to lift their game.

Anita C.

Anita C.asked

Who will join me in filing a Class Action Lawsuit against icare?
After learning about the corruption within icare it certainly explained a lot. I learnt it’s a system that sets the injured worker up to fail from the very beginning, and we cannot let them get away with it.
The country's worst financial bungle - icare blows billions of dollars worth of employers premiums on outrageous salaries for icare executives.
Sack the board and recruit staff who are trained in Worker’s Compensation and are able to manage claims appropriately.
The Treasurer has a lot to answer for. After countless warnings from the Regulatory Insurance Authority, still nothing was done to stop corruption within icare and the underpayment of tens of thousands of injured workers.
I submitted nine workcover certificates in 12 months - all rejected by icare. I was left to work in an unsafe workplace until my symptoms were so severe, I had to resign.

Definitely!
There would be at least 100-150 calls just on there records where I have had to deal with there issues. I made them start talking records after the first 20 calls.
Each one of those calls were at least a 15 minute call, sometime over an hour and most of that time was on hold. Over 2 years they have wasted so much unnecessary time, with no real apology.

ELIZABETH CHEETHAM

ELIZABETH CHEETHAMasked

I was terminated from my employment because of injuries at work and received a termination payment which included my annual leave long service leave and 5 weeks in lieu of notice . I was receiving weekly payments from insurance company when terminated. The insurance company have ceased my payments for 5 weeks saying the 5 weeks in lieu are counted as earnings. Yet in your icare manual it states pay in lieu is not counted as renumeration. I believe the payment in lieu is entitlements ( 4 weeks) and a extra week for being 58 years old. I have been told this is a grey ares by wiro and want to know why it isnt black and white for all and clear in the icare manual please ?

CategoryHealth Insurance