Ikea Hovag

Ikea Hovag

Medium Firm, Firm

Mattress Buying Guide

Keys to finding the best mattress on the market today.

Read now

3.0

Terrible mattress

Started sagging within months, got rid after 2 years, caused me SO much back/hip/shoulder/neck pain. Ikea refunded me ater inspecting it. I now have a different mattress and sleeping pain free again DONT BUY IT

Purchased in May 2018 at IKEA for A$510.00.

Samreen Saba

Samreen SabaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sagging especially in the middle. Not durable. Costed $399 and didn’t even last 1 and half year. Very disappointing

Sagging especially in the middle. It Was comfortable only for 1 year. I Did not have any injury or health condition. Mattress is Not durable and Didn’t maintain its firmness.

Purchased in June 2018 at IKEA for A$399.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft
Sarahnal

SarahnalSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE!

We bought this mattress with a Tussoy mattress pad for our spare room and have opted to sleep in there ourselves!
We have slept well and actually woken up in the morning without the aches and pains we normally have (even despite changing our own bed and mattress a couple of time - and if we’ve been away).
All our visitors have commented on how comfortable it is, and my daughter and son in law now opt to sleep in the spare room when they visit, rather than her old room.
Please bring back the medium/firm mattress ikea - we want to buy more!

Purchased in February 2019 at IKEA QLD, North Lakes.

sagging in middle

after a few months this started to sag in the middle. Ikea sent their contractors to measure the dip and said it wasn't significant and they offered no alternative. It's really disappointing.

Purchased in September 2018.

Sagging Yes

First product of ikea that got me so dissapointed.

Bought the firm matress. Double size, only for me. I am a 50 kilos person. Sleeping in the middle of it.
After 2-3 months of sleeping in it, it dipped in the middle. I contacted ikea and they replaced it. The second matress had the same problem, after 2-3 months. They replaced it again. The third matress, had, again, the same problem. Dipped in the middle, where i was Sleeping. We agreed to give a refund and now im waiting a new matress from another company.
All those 3 hovags, didnt smell at all. I had problem only with the dipped thing..

Smiggle211

Smiggle211Liverpool

Thank you IKEA my chronic lower back pain gone!

This mattress is very comfortable and supportive, I had lower back pain for years and with this mattress I am waking up every morning with little to no back pain at all. There is a smell from when you lay out the mattress however I found the smell to have gone in about 3 days. At this point I feel that the mattress is durable and can last me some years even with a little investment every year changing the mattress once every year does not equate to how much major retailers market similar mattresses at beyond prices. I highly recommend this mattress give it a try !

Purchased in February 2020 at IKEA NSW, Rhodes for A$295.00.

Best mattress ever

Purchased in August 2018 at IKEA QLD, Logan.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
TrueAdventure10

TrueAdventure10South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Chemical Smell

The mattress had a terrible chemical smell, smelt like you a Chinese chemical factory. I aired it out for 5 days and still smelled strong. I returned it to Ikea. This is terrible and can't be healthy.

Purchased in August 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack
Glenda

GlendaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent Value For Comfort

Purchased in October 2018 at IKEA VIC, Richmond for A$249.00.

Valerie

ValerieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbelieveable Smell! Stay away - do not buy

Purchased in July 2019 at North Lake for A$349.00.

Ashish

AshishSydney, NSW

Perfect mattress box spring

onsist of lots of metal coils suspended in the other materials of the mattress. Offers a lot of bounce and good temperature control, supporting the body by pushing back a similar amount of pressure that the body applies

Purchased in February 2019 at IKEA NSW, Rhodes for A$319.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Perceived Firmness Soft
Sam C.

Sam C.North Queensland, QLD

If you like a firm mattress I can't recommend this highly enough

A firm Ikea matress is very firm. Having a mattress this firm is a excellent way to train yourself to sleep on your back which I was trying to do.

I have not had any issues with wear or sagging but the combined weight of me and my wife is less than 100kg

Purchased in March 2017.

Perceived Firmness Very Hard

B Rad

Back Pain Gone so is the smell great value for price

Date PurchasedJan 2017

JcdPerth

I think i could have done better.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$349.00.

Adjustment PeriodMonths
Perceived Firmness Hard
Gintare

GintareSouthampton

stay away!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Find out how Ikea Hovag compares to other Mattresses

Poor quality with a great deal of back pain!

My partner and I are polar opposites with our taste in mattresses so to find a middle ground we thought getting the hövåg would be a good idea as it's on the medium side. While he doesn't mind it, asoft bed lover like me can't handle it. Even with the extra purchase of the top layer to make it more comfortable, it is so firm I wake up with a sore back and headache every night. This is not helped by the fact in the two months of owning it, the mattress has dipped and is on it's way to completely sinking according to other reviews on either side where my partner and I sleep during the night. So disappointed to have this outcome after only 2 months. Offers no support at all. Not worth the back pain.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great Mattress.. no smell

I was a little worried about ordering this mattress especially regarding the smell. We needed a roll up mattress as it is for a cottage which is up some awkward stairs. We also needed it quite quickly. I picked up the medium firm mattress and it is soooo comfortable. We unrolled it and opened windows but must say didnt really smell anything. The mattress is being used in a holiday let so if it did smell we would have heard from guests.. but they all say its the best mattress they have slept on! What a great price too!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

LOVE!! Much better than Eve.

I previously had a memeory foam eve which cost well over £400. Disgusting mattress so sent back straight away. Got this Ikea Hovag mattress and I’ve been impressed ever since. I love how the mattress is cheap and also really durable. I feel like it will last a long time as long as I turn it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Scarlett

ScarlettBristol

Do not get this mattress!!!

This mattress made me REALLY SICK for over 2 months without me knowing! I thought it was mould in my room the whole time, and even had the council over.
I believe the chemicals they use to spray it (they do this as an anti flammable effect) were making me very sick.
I woke up with bad headaches, earaches and sinus tension for 2 months and had to take time off work and everything. Literally paid $380 NZD just to get ill for months! The smell doesn't go away either. Don't get this mattress. I am now terrified of anything from IKEA. It is truly terrifying that they can sell these products to the public.
all round a horrible experience.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Mel

MelPERTH

Good starter mattress

Purchased in September 2018 for A$349.00.

Jcdasked

Hovag

What fire retardants are used in the Ikea Hovag. I have asked at Ikea and they said they had no idea. I have also rang them and still no answer. My mattress was made in China and as it had a VERY strong smell at first and still smells after 8 weeks what is used in it?

Jcdasked

Hovag

Exactly what fire retardants are used in this mattress. My mattress was made in China (says so on my law tag) and it smells very strong. Have had it 8 weeks or so and still smell it.Is Formaldehyde or Antimony in it? I am concerned.

Not Happy

Not Happyasked

Hovag

we bought a queen sized Hovag and bed on Saturday this week in Canberra, and our whole house now smells of the musty dirty wet mop smell. It is not getting any better. How do we go about returning the mattress as we only have a sedan vehicle? Can we get an Ikea representative to assist with pickup and then seek a refund for the mattress. We shall be keeping the bed though and seek another mattress from elsewhere., one that we can smell prior to buying! I at first thought because of all of the rain we have had in Canberra that we had developed mould under the house, but checked that by crawling under there, and then worked out it was the mattress, very disappointed, as the smell is so bad.

B Rad

I certainly didn't experience that. Contact IKEA ? maybe it got damaged in storage as this is not a issue they all have.

Jcd

Write an email to Ikea. They will contact you quickly. You CANNOT just call customer service they will direct you to writing an email. (At least this is how WA works.) Yes they will pick up for you and it wont cost you but only if they say the mattress has a problem. If they find no problem then they will charge around $70. It sounds like mould in the mattress so please sleep elsewhere if you arent already.