MPN: R670

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Tom S.
Tom S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Dissatisfied

Day 3 and after 7 hours of charging states Roomba can not start due to low battery really dissapointed in this Product tomorrow we are going back to get a refund.....

Purchased in May 2021.

Rajshree C.
Rajshree C.Sydney, NSW

My Perfect Home Companion

The best thing about 2020.
This little buddy is a must buy for all WFH people.
My house is so spick and span , picks up the skin dust and hair , cleans my carpet and tiles perfectly. This is a a fantastic device which keeps my home really clean.
I cannot express my joy of buying this.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $625.95.

George S
George SAU

Didn't think I would like it this much

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

N d'Cruz
N d'CruzSydney, NSW

Not that smart. Not worth the price.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for $600.00.

Felix
FelixGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Daily dog hair cleanup, no effort anymore!

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $649.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

The Best Robot Vacuums in 2020

A good robot vacuum will clean your floors while you’re at work, or taking care of the kids, or relaxing on the couch. However, the influx of new models every year can make it hard to know which one to pick. In this article, we share feedback from reviewers of the Top 5 Best Robot Vacuums in 2020 to help you learn what to prioritise and what to avoid in a robotic vacuum cleaner.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 June 2020
the-best-robot-vacuums-of-2020-so-far
Jess
Jess

Waste of money

The vacuuming part itself is fine, we have a golden retriever and it saves me a huge amount of time vacuuming so much when this goes 3 mornings a week on the floor boards. Far too often it won’t dock though, it will just keep spinning around on the dock banging and crashing trying to charge. Even when it does finally get in the right spot, sometimes it doesn’t charge at all. Also wouldn’t recommend if you plan on using this on carpet as it only gets very light surface dust. Wishing I went a different brand.

Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Good Overall, But Temperamental

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $619.00.

Rubbish product. Do not buy

Have had this product for less than 2 months and hasn’t worked well since I bought it. Goes over the same spots and misses lots. Faulty product for sure. Started off doing the whole house. 4 bedroom single storey and never did the job. Decided to split the job in half and still only does half the job. Sometimes it stops after 5 minutes saying that job is complete. I clean the brushes and wheels every day because it just does not work properly. Will never waste my money again.

Purchased at Bing Lee Physical store.

Product is usedDaily
sammiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its OK .... Meh.....

Hard flooring, throughout single storey villa. I have 2 cats, and it picks up the hair pretty well, but as it's the "basic" version (which still cost $700+ mind you!) it goes over the same spot alot, and eventually makes a sad little noise and dies somewhere after about 45 mins - usually somewhere annoying like the middle of under the bed or similar - never tries to go back to it's dock at the end of the process. I run it every day, and clean it out every week, it does an OK job I guess but I'd never bother getting another one once Rolly is at end of life once and for all.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

sammi

Thanks for your response iRobot team. Doesn't really change my mind, as I'm not interested in spending even more on one of these units. All good, it will just do what it can until end of life.

Thais H.
Thais H.

Practical. Makes life easier

The cleaning is not great But it makes my life easier. Battery runs out before it does the whole house (4bdroom, single story). I dislike that hair gets tanggled everywhere in the machine and its a pain to clean

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $490.00.

Sinead
Sinead

Better than expected

Used on carpet and lino. Cleans even better than I had imagined. Just make sure nothing is on the floor. Very happy with this purchase. I have it three weeks.

Purchased in February 2020 at Myer for $600.00.

JulieSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pretty good - while it lasted. Poor after-sales Service!!! Dont buy

irobit worked pretty well for about 10 months. However, after that time i noticed it wouldn't dock, had trouble staying on charge and would only vacuum for about 20-30 mins before needing to be charged again!

The whole purpose was that it would clean the house while i was out - now it only does 1/5 as it need to be charged. It clearly faulty.

I have called the service department - they wanted videos of my irobot - which i provided. That was 3 weeks ago! No reply! no follow up !! very very disappointing for a vacuum costing over $500!!

I would think twice about purchasing due to this.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer for $500.00.

Tony Hunt
Tony HuntPerth, WA

Surprised how effective

Work really well on the hardwood floors. Manoeuvres of matts quite well. Fits under chairs cabinets and beds.
Also does carpet OK. Good job really. I'm guessing this is where you pay for the larger models with more suction power. However it comes back with copious amounts of dust and dog hair.
Overall leaves the place nice and clean and freshly vaccumed.
Works on wifi with a Phone App and schedule

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $588.00.

KristyB
KristyBPerth, WA

Great for Small Homes and Hard Floors

Works great on hard floors runs for 1.75-2hours (hard floors only) covers pretty much everything in my 4x2’s main living areas and walk ways, all in all I’m happy with it it would only be good for smaller homes or good to
Focus on a particular hard floor area, picks up dog hair!
Battery Life isn’t great on Carpets.
Should be clearer that it doesn’t have Navigation so it just runs around aimlessly until it goes flat this is why it’s only good for smaller homes with hard floors!

Purchased in January 2020 at RetraVision.

Absolutely rubbish. If you are looking for a toy, ok go for it. Otherwise. Do not waste your time, money and energy.

- I used it on my Persian Rug. My rug is on the top of another carpet. It doesn't go on my rug.
- It did terrible job. It doesn't go on two carpet on top of each other.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $580.00.

See all iRobot Roomba 600 Series reviews

Gary Bryson
Gary Brysonasked
Roomba 670

Roomba 670 is 2 days old and it has lots of trouble finding the docking station, station is in a clear position approx 3 feet or 900mm clear on both sides, I can put rooba 6 feet or 1800mm away from the station and sometimes it still cannot find it, it just goes in another direction. not sure what is wrong, have had roomba's in the past never had this trouble.

IXL H.iRobot

Hi Gary, sorry to hear this. Could you please follow the steps within the below support article:

If this does not resolve the issue, please try rebooting or factory resetting your robot. If the issue persists from here you may benefit from further assistance from our customer service team. Please use the contact form on our AU website to get in touch with them directly.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist.
Kind regards, iRobot

BJC
BJCasked
Roomba 670

Today, job “cancelled“ at start same. Ie scheduled start time ... 9am. Job cancelled at 9am ( before it even started). Other times in clean everywhere mode, sometimes operates for around 30 min., other times 65 minutes.
Does not clean everywhere even when cleaning for over 1 hour ... misses rooms completely. Very frustrated with the lack of performance !!
WHY ?

Nancy H.
Nancy H.asked
Roomba 670

My brand-new 670 arrived a few days ago in a carton whose badly crumpled side had black marks that looked like a tire tread. The interior (retail) box was crumpled in the same spot. The vacuum looked OK though, so I registered it. It cleaned well today but has an incredibly loud rattle. Is it supposed to? What should I do?

IXL H.iRobot

Hi Nancy, so sorry to hear this. Your robot will make noise while operating however a loud rattle doesn't sound right. We would recommend contacting the retailer you purchased from to report the item being damaged in transit. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do at this time to assist. Kind regards, iRobot

Get an answer from our members and iRobot representatives

Compare all 6 iRobot Roomba 600 Series