Isuzu D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Isuzu D-MAX RA (2008-2012) Questions & Answers

47 questions from our users

azhar n.

azhar n.asked

in a 2008 which oil is require 5w40 or 10w40
what the engine oil capacity

HaiQuinnie N.

HaiQuinnie N.asked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Can not rev over 2000rpm idle very good,replaced new intank lift pump,filter,new air flow sensor,crank and suction control valve no different any suggestion much appreciated.

Kay B.

Kay B.asked

altenator for 2011 dmax isuzu

Gijul

Gijulasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have isuzu d max 2011. The switch or sensor at the fuel filter under the car for what?

Darren K.

Darren K.asked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Fuel needle doesn't fill upto top
Just to edge of top mark?

Stephen R

Stephen Rasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Can I install a 2012 or higher instrument panel on a 2011 model isuzu (dmax 2011 3.0 4wd)

spyridon Papapanos

spyridon Papapanosasked

I live in Greece and i have a D MAX 2010 and 200,000 kilometers
For more than a month makes a noise backward left. When the road is abnormal
We changed the tires to the bottom of the shock absorbers
But the noise is still going on.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks in advance

Le Fatch

Le Fatchasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have a 2008 Isuzu KB300 Dteq running on a 4jj1 Engine on which Rev Count is not exceeding 3000. My mechanic suspected it could be the Swirl control solenoid valve or the whole Vacuum hose routing system but having checked it everything seems to be working normal. Anyone who's had a similar problem and how was it solved?

Antonio

Antonioasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

No blown fuses yet most center console electrical dead i.e. AC, Radio and defogger. Hazard and lighter jack work tho. Any idea what causes this?

Rick

Rickasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Does a dmax 2009 have a fuel tank drain plug?

Bigbadal
Bigbadal

No , but tank is relatively easy to remove .

Joel P

Joel Pasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have a question I’m abit stuck on what to do I have a 2012 model d max and the engine light has come on and the vehicle has gone into limp mode it’s come good engine light went off but now it’s back on and back in limp mode anyone no what I should do or what it could possibly be? cheers.

Darren S.
Darren S.

You will need to take it to a mechanic. I had an engine light and low power issue on my 2009 D-max, it ended up being the EGR valve. They tried cleaning it first, but only got me 500 m down the road before it came on again. They then put in a new EGR valve and has been good as gold since. So if it turns out to be EGR valve get them to put a new one in straight up. As an aside, this is the only issue I have had in 5 years of ownership, it tows like no other vehicle I have used in 30 years of experience, looking to upgrade to a newer one.

Simon P

Simon Pasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have had a woeful month with my 2011 D-Max following blowing an EGR Valve, had it replaced and got it back, but less than 24 hours later checked the water...nothing in the reservoir, put 3.5 lt of water into the radiator, rang the dealers service department...somewhat unhappy...Diagnosis was an airlock or bubble in the coolant system but car off the road for another day. 4 days later, check the coolant...reservoir is down a couple of Cm..top it up, another two days and the water level is down again...sigh...call the dealership service back..asked to drop the car in to do a hot pressure test. Again, the pressure test is fine...another 4 days still using water and this Tuesday 06 Nov 2018 take the car back and now they say it is the head gasket..not blown but going...So, question is what should I do?? I feel that the dealership has not done their job...

Gary
Gary

Good trades men are hard to find dealers have this problem some times mabe a bad team you could try a good 4x4 diesel mecanic

Devoasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have 2010 d max I have towed my caravan for 2000 Klm and now the head is cracked it’s done 160000 Klm I change oil etc filters every 6000 I check my oil water every day there was head winds no warning lights came on just stopped and fueled up started it up and it blue out heaps of white smoke is there anything else that may have caused it my radiator bottle was still full and cold thank you Lindsay

brian
brian

It seems like you need to have a mechanical repairs and servicing workshop totally recondition the engine or possibly buy another engine or perhaps should consider cutting your losses and buying a totally different brand name ute

Devo

I have later found out that the head was cracked when I bought it and patched up to sell it buyer be where it should be classed as a crime if proven in court I got 60000 klm before it gave in but that’s no benefit to me now

Hiede R

Hiede Rasked

How to replace horn?

itlldo37asked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Is it possible to do an oil change on isuzu dmax 2010, removing the filter without spilling oil everywhere, due to very tight location? Has anyone come u with a solution?

Hi,

I apologise, but I cannot answer that one for you. Mine is a MY14 and all servicing was done through the dealership. The vehicle did 100,000kms and it has been faultless this way.

Regards,

Peterthe1
Peterthe1

I use the cardboard box from the new filter. Tear it open length wise, fold in half and tuck behind filter to guide excess oil from filter into drain pan. When oil stops flowing undo filter completely and drop. Keep upright to avoid spilling oil in filter.

itlldo37

Peterthe1 thats a good idea i like the sound of that, i was thinking of cutting a piece of pvc pipe in half, but with limited room it makes it hard!

Anthony

Anthonyasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

How much for an air conditioner condenser?

Bood

Boodasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

What is the cost to replace clutch dmax 2012?

Display Name
Display Name

Cost will depend on the grade of clutch (normal or heavy duty), normal last week was $750 and HD was $950. Plus fitting.

Kel

Kelasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have a 2010 dual cab isuzu ute auto 195000k. Recently it started making clunking sound when towing and going up steep hills. My mechanic changed my transmission oil today but the sound and problem is still happening? Any thoughts? Am I looking at a new transmission and $1000s? Help please

Dennis

Dennisasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Where is the EVAP canister located on a Isuzu dmax 2008?
The truck keeps turning the gas pump off making it difficult to fuel.
I suspect the canister to be blocked or something, but I can't find it!

Granty24

Granty24asked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have a 2009 dmax manual and while I’m driving it just starts to red line. When I turn the car off and back on it stop but I can only do 5 I’m an hour any help??

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives