Isuzu D-MAX RA

55 questions from our users

Sean Cuffe
Sean Cuffeasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I'm chasing the roof load capacity, any ideas?

christo
christo

The latest Ronny Dahl youtube video goes through this in a bit of detail. I believe the Dmax on road capacity for vortex bars fixed to a canopy is around 70kgs (pared back to 50kg for offroad driving). I believe both must include the weight of the actual roof rack. Total weight of my Batwing Compact and Kickass Shower awning is around 22kgs. I don't plan to put maxtrax on roof as they are prone to fading in the sun. I hope this helps a bit!! I sometimes load the Oztent RV5 but certainly nothing more.

Ross R.
Ross R.asked

i just brought 2009 4x4 it is in low 4 and wont change to 4 high or 2 high

marvelouscolection
marvelouscolectionasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi Dmax group...how to fix iddle rpm low..
4jj1 2008

Donna L.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi went to go to work and got to the servo and put fuel in and the engine light came on and stays on I'm a new owner with a isuzu dmax its a 2012 some advice on what it might be

Pete G.
Pete G.

You need to get it to a mechanic who has a diagnostic tester. Can be numerous things. Some minor some major. But dont ignore it as it could be something that could ruin your day and your wallet if left. Sorry i cant be any more help. https://www.dash-lights.com/isuzu/d-max-dashboard-warning-lights/

Donna L.

Thanks Pete have book it in to get look at tomorrow at the mechanic to get diagnostic tester on her thanks for advice much appreciated

Craig R L
Craig R L

The light may be indicating to change the fuel filter

Dhauntal V.
Dhauntal V.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi everyone Any one change te fuel temperture sensor on a isuzu dmx2008?

Daniel C.
Daniel C.asked

Hi there all I’ve got a 2012 d max 4x2 automatic transmission 3lt diesel,
This morning the engine light came on with loss of power, the light stayed on with power back through the gears and then nothing...... is this a potential diesel clogging issue?
Serviced at all intervals with no dramas so far.
It’s traveled 180,000ks.

bryce d.
bryce d.

DPF blocked

Grahame F.
Grahame F.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Oil coming out of the open oil filler cap at idle is that a problem

Jimbo
Jimbo

Yes, excessive blow by from worn rings

shral05
shral05asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Encounter problem in water circulation into engine back to reservoir bottle always getting over water to reservoir container and radiator getting empty. Any help?

azhar n.
azhar n.asked

in a 2008 which oil is require 5w40 or 10w40
what the engine oil capacity

HaiQuinnie N.
HaiQuinnie N.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Can not rev over 2000rpm idle very good,replaced new intank lift pump,filter,new air flow sensor,crank and suction control valve no different any suggestion much appreciated.

Kay B.
Kay B.asked

altenator for 2011 dmax isuzu

Gijul
Gijulasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have isuzu d max 2011. The switch or sensor at the fuel filter under the car for what?

Brad
Brad

Water Contamination warning

Darren K.
Darren K.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Fuel needle doesn't fill upto top
Just to edge of top mark?

Stephen R
Stephen Rasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Can I install a 2012 or higher instrument panel on a 2011 model isuzu (dmax 2011 3.0 4wd)

spyridon Papapanos
spyridon Papapanosasked

I live in Greece and i have a D MAX 2010 and 200,000 kilometers
For more than a month makes a noise backward left. When the road is abnormal
We changed the tires to the bottom of the shock absorbers
But the noise is still going on.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks in advance

Le Fatch
Le Fatchasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have a 2008 Isuzu KB300 Dteq running on a 4jj1 Engine on which Rev Count is not exceeding 3000. My mechanic suspected it could be the Swirl control solenoid valve or the whole Vacuum hose routing system but having checked it everything seems to be working normal. Anyone who's had a similar problem and how was it solved?

Antonio
Antonioasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

No blown fuses yet most center console electrical dead i.e. AC, Radio and defogger. Hazard and lighter jack work tho. Any idea what causes this?

Rick
Rickasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Does a dmax 2009 have a fuel tank drain plug?

Bigbadal
Bigbadal

No , but tank is relatively easy to remove .

Joel P
Joel Pasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have a question I’m abit stuck on what to do I have a 2012 model d max and the engine light has come on and the vehicle has gone into limp mode it’s come good engine light went off but now it’s back on and back in limp mode anyone no what I should do or what it could possibly be? cheers.

Darren S.
Darren S.

You will need to take it to a mechanic. I had an engine light and low power issue on my 2009 D-max, it ended up being the EGR valve. They tried cleaning it first, but only got me 500 m down the road before it came on again. They then put in a new EGR valve and has been good as gold since. So if it turns out to be EGR valve get them to put a new one in straight up. As an aside, this is the only issue I have had in 5 years of ownership, it tows like no other vehicle I have used in 30 years of experience, looking to upgrade to a newer one.

Simon P
Simon Pasked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I have had a woeful month with my 2011 D-Max following blowing an EGR Valve, had it replaced and got it back, but less than 24 hours later checked the water...nothing in the reservoir, put 3.5 lt of water into the radiator, rang the dealers service department...somewhat unhappy...Diagnosis was an airlock or bubble in the coolant system but car off the road for another day. 4 days later, check the coolant...reservoir is down a couple of Cm..top it up, another two days and the water level is down again...sigh...call the dealership service back..asked to drop the car in to do a hot pressure test. Again, the pressure test is fine...another 4 days still using water and this Tuesday 06 Nov 2018 take the car back and now they say it is the head gasket..not blown but going...So, question is what should I do?? I feel that the dealership has not done their job...

Gary
Gary

Good trades men are hard to find dealers have this problem some times mabe a bad team you could try a good 4x4 diesel mecanic

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Other Utes