34Isuzu D-MAX

Isuzu D-MAX Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Isuzu? Claim your listing.
Karen30
Karen30 · D-MAX RC.II (2017-2020)

Will a 2021 xterrain roller and sail plane fit my 2023 LSU+

Brett
Brett

Hi Karen, I dont know - its something you'd best check with Isuzu themselves.

Karen30

I did phone isuzu but they couldn’t tell me
They couldn’t even tell me if the tubs are all the same size

Andy
Andy · D-MAX RC.II (2017-2020)

Hi I have a 2017 d max, intermittently throwing codes for communication error to tcm, live data shows irregular and high voltage to tcm. any one come across this before?

Liz J
Liz J · D-MAX

Can the autonomous emergency braking be turned off permanently? (2022 Dmax)Or do you have to turn it off in the menu every time you start it up?

Rick V.
Rick V. · D-MAX 4x4 X-Terrain (2017-2020)

how do you stop water leaking into the tub through the roller shutter leaking.

Kinga
Kinga · D-MAX RC.II (2017-2020)

Hi my 2021 d max randomly goes flat. I mean dead flat! No dash lights,no nothing. Isuzu tell me it’s a battery problem and I need to buy a new battery. Anybody have the same problem?

Brian Pike

A live wire is leaking power to earth somewhere. I had a problem with an accessory 12 volt plug mounted outside holding water and leaked all power from battery. !

That is me, Brian

James
James

Spot on. My dashcams are on when parked for accidents while I am.away

Andrew D.
Andrew D. · D-MAX

I have a 2022 d-max ute and a light came on the dash saying front camera needs service .
any idea why it stoped working and why ?

thanks

Kelli H.
Kelli H.

This has just happened to me and now the car won't start. Any ideas

Bernie Masters
Bernie Masters · D-MAX

Where can I buy the plastic insert that blocks the two front cameras and hence disables all the so-called high tech safety systems (which make a D-Max most unpleasant to dive)?

Lew
Lew · D-MAX 4x4 LS-U+ (2017-2020)

When towing my 2.3t caravan there is a scrapping sound from rear like rubber rubbing in the guard when I go over a dip in the road. It happens not as often with WDH fitted but it concerns me why this is happening. Towed same van with 2019 mux no problems.

Shane K
Shane K · D-MAX 4x4 LS-U+ (2017-2020)

Should I use airbags on the rear of my dmax to counter the sag when towing my 2.8t caravan. I keep getting conflicting advice. Cheers Shane.

Andre

Without caravan on measure distance between top of rim to top of wheel arch on front wheel, connect caravan and measure again if more than ten mm you need WDH (load levellers) Isuzu sell them for new utes.

Andre

Air bags don't help with steering and braking, hate wdh but necessary.

Shane K
Shane K · D-MAX 4x4 LS-U+ (2017-2020)

Should I use rear air bags on my d'max to counter the sag in the back end when towing my 2.8t caravan I keep getting conflicting advice my Ute has 2 leaf springs apparently for a softer ride. Cheers Shane

Teen R.
Teen R. · D-MAX

Front camera malfunction d max - car won’t start. Any solutions please? We are remote so mechanic not an option

MaxDanger
MaxDanger

Even if you do get it started the cruise control is disabled. We found starting it 3 times over 15 mins apart allows you to get going until it trips again. Vibration appears to throw out the camera. It is a pain in the arse for a car sold with immature bells and whistles that are dangerous. Imagine this happening when you are in a bushfire area. They should not be allowed outside urban areas.

Tau K.
Tau K. · D-MAX

Hi. I am driving 2022 isuzu Dmax, 300tdi vcross and give error front camera not available. And it's undrivable, anyone knows how to bypass front camera? Thanks

trilogy
trilogy

you cant drive it because the camera doesnt work? Seems strange because the camera turns itself off under certain conditions (like heavy rain) but the car still drives even though some features are turned off when this happens like crash avoidance and lane departure. Take it to the dealer as its under warranty. These cars are too complex to fix yourself

Lawrence J.
Lawrence J. · D-MAX RC.I (2012-2017)

Stereo not working.. how can that be fixed

Timothy H.
Timothy H. · D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi mate. I'm an auto electrician by trade and have a 09 3 litre turbo diesel. The engine light was coming on and the customer was clearing the code by disconnecting the battery. I ran it on the scan tool and and two fault codes came up (Boost pressure sensor and barometric sensor) I replaced both and the barometric fault coast is still coming up. I've checked all the wiring back to the ECU and all is good. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Danny
Danny

Hey Mate
Did you get this one worked out I have same issue?

Timothy H.

Yeah mate. It was the turbo

Clive C
Clive C · D-MAX RC.I (2012-2017)

My 2013 dmax emits excessive black smoke under heavy acceleration but doesn’t use oil

anneandsparky

Black smoke is caused by un burnt diesel fuel which could be due to something as simple as a dirty blocked air filter, More seriously could be problems with the fuel injectors requiring servicing, an expensive procedure. The performance of the turbo charger could have an impact. All diesels will emit black smoke if you flatten the accelerator pedal delivering full fuel before the turbo can spin up to speed causing bad fuel ratio's. Later turbo's have their with variable blades controlled by the engine management computer to some degree to overcome this lack of boost at low speed. You will observe this effect with large commercial vehicles they admit black smoke briefly until their turbo comes up as evidence by the smoke suddenly clearing.
I always use injector cleaner in the tank to keep them clean, I suggest as a starter give the engine a double dose of cleaner fluid and a new air cleaner to explore your low cost options. I recommend "Rocol" (?) German made products which I know work From "Auto one"

Best of luck, one thing you don't mention how many kilometers the vehicle has traveled. I believe Isuzu have problems with some turbo chargers and are replacing them including after the expiration of the warranty, you could check to see if your vehicle is eligible. no harm done!

Clive C

Thanks for answering my question i will add some injector cleaner and replace the air cleaner and see how things go my dmax has just clicked over 178k thanks again

Jarrod T.
Jarrod T. · D-MAX RC.I (2012-2017)

I have a 2013 4x4 isuzu dmax and was wondering if there’s any way I could increase the idle with a switch or similar (at least 1000 rpm needed for my air compressor)

anneandsparky

I don't believe there is any way to increase the idle speed of the engine. It as you know is set by the vehicles computer. Like wise there is no means to rev. up the engine from under the bonnet. Its not like the old carby where just a turn of a screw would do the job. The owners reader of the computer you can purchase cannot do this either, maybe the much more sophisticated dealer device may be able to do this for you. In my case they downloaded a new operating system over the phone from Isuzu and replaced the factory installed one with the latest. Give that a go when all else fails.

Jarrod T.

I unfortunately work at a dealership, but I have not heard about a update that’ll do what I need

Llyr
Llyr · D-MAX

I have a 2018 Dmax Blade. Does it have parking sensors, and if so how do I turn them on? Thanks

Gwenda M.
Gwenda M. · D-MAX

I have a 2019 D-max auto that a bullbar and winch it being attached in 3 weeks time.
Overall weight is 170 kgs, is this too heavy?

Gwenda M.
Gwenda M. · D-MAX RC.II 4x4 (2017-2020)

I have a 2019 Dmax and a bullbar and winch are being put on it in 3 weeks time.
The overall weight is 170kgs and I would like to know if this is too heavy for the vehicle? Would rather opt for a lighter version if this is the case.

ostenmartin112
ostenmartin112 · D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Is it possible to fit a 2016-19 cluster to a ra. Is there much work to get it to fit?

Select a listing for your question
Isuzu D-MAX

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Isuzu? Claim your listing.