Isuzu D-MAX

292 questions from our users

Jane

Janeasked

D-MAX

Wondering what gear is best for towing a van

Nick S
Nick S

Hi Jane, for safe reliable towing under all reasonably foreseeable circumstances I would firstly upgrade the entire dmax suspension package - seek advice from reputable sources, secondly fit a quality electric brake controller such as a Redarc tow pro elite and don't forget tires, name brand with good load rating - if you haven't already ditched the standard crap round black things that somehow pass for tires do so before any serious towing.
A trailer/van mounted reversing camera is no longer a luxury either - quite affordable now and can be a great help.
And forget the so called legal tow capacity of 3.5 tonnes - too heavy.

Mick
Mick

I usually just use a tow bar

Meagan L.

Meagan L.asked

D-MAX 4x4 X-Terrain (2020-2021)

I will be towing a caravan with an ATM of 2800kg. What upgrades to suspension etc should I make?

Robert W.

Robert W.asked

D-MAX

Has anyone had issue with a/c not working correctly after pulling the plug of the control panel In a D-max lsm (round dial style ) was unplugged & replugged for head unit upgrade.
Every things works but the chilled air in a/c mode is only ambient temp but you can feel it’s trying to chill ?
Compressor engages when hit a/c button .
Have checked all fuses, relays, wiring etc all seam ok no pinched or kinked tube from interior temp sensor .
Any one solved this problem or is it a rest of sensor via Isuzu service ....

Graham C.

Graham C.asked

D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

What does a new auto cost for a 2015 Isuzu dmax 4x4

Kimasked

D-MAX

We bought a dmax dual cab in December 20 paid for Towbar, tubliner & canopy to be fitted as they gave the speel about voiding your warranty if not going with Isuzu products ( it’s not even their product) they use others and put their name on the canopy.Fighting with Isuzu over the crap that has been fitted of all 3 items. We have taken it back 4 times they say there’s nothing more they can do it’s fine.
1. Towbar didn’t fit our Anderson hitch we took it down prior to fitting to show them they said no problem well it was they filed down OUR tongue to make it fit even though it fitted others then said our new Towbar must be faulty.
2. Tubliner had a big bubble in it and double sided tape to hold at the back came away
3. OMG the canopy what a disaster, the back window rattled if you hit a bump the light inside would come on.we were told to slam the window and push down on each side to lock it into the side clips. Driving down Bruce hyway last week guy drove beside us yelled out our back window just went up. Worst part it leaks , the seal around the back window looks like a dogs breakfast the water runs down the seal and into the back canopy. We took it to TJM for an independent assessment he took one look and said the canopy is 5ml too far forward causing the window and leaking problem and it looked like a rushed job. We are so frustrated, we love the car but the accessories are a big F. We have lodged a complaint with Isuzu but they keep sending us back to the dealership waste of our time they keep saying nothing is wrong. Where do we go now !!!! Sorry it’s so long but lots of issues again love the car .

Filicity

Filicity asked

D-MAX

When towing our 18ft ensure van, we select manual. 2018 dmax does ok until we get to 100, once there we move to 5th, however the ute prefers 4th and constantly moves back forcing the revs up again. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Very frustrating

Max e

Max easked

D-MAX 4x4 LS-M (2017-2021)

is there room to fit an auxillary battery under bonnet of 2021 model or does it need to be placed in cabin.

Sean Cuffe

Sean Cuffeasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

I'm chasing the roof load capacity, any ideas?

christo
christo

The latest Ronny Dahl youtube video goes through this in a bit of detail. I believe the Dmax on road capacity for vortex bars fixed to a canopy is around 70kgs (pared back to 50kg for offroad driving). I believe both must include the weight of the actual roof rack. Total weight of my Batwing Compact and Kickass Shower awning is around 22kgs. I don't plan to put maxtrax on roof as they are prone to fading in the sun. I hope this helps a bit!! I sometimes load the Oztent RV5 but certainly nothing more.

Peter C

Peter Casked

D-MAX

My 2009 D-MAX will be running normally, not hot or anything but will randomly cut out and will start after wait of 5-10 minutes, any ideas why?

Ross R.

Ross R.asked

i just brought 2009 4x4 it is in low 4 and wont change to 4 high or 2 high

Ray T.

Ray T.asked

D-MAX

My cruise control does not work. When the button on the R. side of the dash is depressed, a green light comes on at the button, but no indicating light appears on the dash. A mechanic has connected his computer up to the vehicle, but no fault was diagnosed. How do I get this fixed ?

marvelouscolection

marvelouscolectionasked

D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi Dmax group...how to fix iddle rpm low..
4jj1 2008

Teddy T.

Teddy T.asked

D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

The rear differential has failed again for the second time is this a problem when towing heavy loads I use my D-max for work daily towing a concrete pump

AmyG

AmyGasked

D-MAX

My partner has a 2021 LSU and we’re trying to figure out how to take the dash apart to install a UHF/Trailer brake. Any help?

ernie

ernieasked

D-MAX

i have a squeaking type squealing noise coming from right hand side of the dash

Kim

OMG me too, it started when we picked up the car in December I asked them several times why they, couldn’t tell me its a pain in neck mainly when you first take off until you get up speed .

Erick L.

Erick L.asked

D-MAX

I have a 2004 Isuzu dmax and whenever it rains water leak in from the passenger side and driver side where could this water be coming from
My email is [email removed]

Trevor

Trevor asked

D-MAX

I have a September 2020 Dmax 4 door ute. Can't work out how to reset the trip meters. Any advice ? Merry xmas

Rod
Rod

If its the current model just hold in the middle button(dot icon)for around 5 seconds while viewing Trip A or Trip B menu. Cheers

Tyrone griffith

Tyrone griffithasked

D-MAX

I have a 2010 dmax automatic leaking oil i change the top converter seal its still leaking?

Annabel

Annabelasked

D-MAX

Husband bought a D-Max Single Cab 4×4 Tray Back. The Evaporator failed on the Air Conditioning Unit (our Auto Electrician says this is quite common with the Isuzu D-Max). Isuzu says we have to take it to the nearest dealer which is over 400klms away. Surely we can have it done by our fellow and send them the bill. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sean Basked

D-MAX

The airbag sensor/module in my 2015 mux has been damaged by water,can I use one out of a dmax, any particular year?Thanks

Joseph
Joseph

My first question is, how did water enter the airbag module as they are sealed and secondly your MUX should still be under warranty so I would try this line first. Good luck

Sean B

No ,no longer under warranty,airbag module damaged when car got stuck in very deep puddle

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX