Isuzu MU-X Series I

Isuzu MU-X Series I (2013-2016)

RWD 3.0L Diesel, 4WD 3.0L Diesel
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features
Greg
GregPilbara, WA

Isuzu makes trucks not cars

Its a SUV truck, sounds like a truck, tows like a truck, trucks along all day. We have had since brand new and only trouble we had when first had it was the gearbox, it wouldnt change into top sometimes while doing 100kmph or could be in top while town cruising at 40-60kmph, fixed it by towing a 3t excavator 250km in 4th.

Purchased in July 2014 for $48,990.00.

ToeyNorthern Region, NSW

Be careful about warranty ending

Just offering some advice on my recent experience. But before I start, I am very happy with my 2015 mux. However when I had a problem with my SD card and my vehicle was 21 days past it’s warranty period, Isuzu Ute Australia would not cover it. My local dealer who I didn’t buy the vehicle from quoted me $1200.00 for a replacement. I ended up get a new replacement SD card from another dealer for $321. It took less than 5 mins to swap over and had all the latest sat nav updates. So it’s worth while getting your vehicle thoroughly checked before the warranty expires.

Purchased in July 2017.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my MUX

Purchased in August 2016.

ShortarmLongpockets
ShortarmLongpocketsNorth Queensland, QLD

Supremely reliable and trouble free currently at 190000km

Purchased in December 2013 for $49,000.00.

Ahhhhhh Retirement.
Ahhhhhh Retirement.Victoria

Nothing to write home about

I brought my MUX early 2017 (Auto) after previously owning 2 D Max's, (Manuals). If I don't start the car at least once in 2 to 3 days it takes about a dozen pushes of the start button. Transmission lousy. Trading at the end of the year.

Purchased in February 2017.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Johnno
Johnno

Bad back up of product

Innate the LST 2014 Isuzu mux I have had my GPS upgrade 1 year after I bought it in 2014 I was told by the salesman that I would get upgrades for the GPS but when I went on to download the map it was the same one I had on mine I even went back and got it from sevice centre but still the same so if I had known at the time I would of bought the model down from the LST

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Trevor
TrevorMurray Bridge

Navigation upgrade costs

The car is very good my complaint is with the cost of the navigation up grade. Tried doing it today but stopped when I found out the costs were $200. Will just have to put up with errors that are in it. Example is on the south eastern freeway into Adelaide the speed is 90K this is on the screen but just before the two fixed cameras the voice tells you its 100K. This type of error is all the way through.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Gerry
GerryWheatbelt, WA

Did not last 150000 unsatisfactory vehicle

I brought brand new isuzu mux with rusty rotor disc and the only answer i got is that is how it is with the cars kept outside the showroom.
Its good on diesel with factory faults the brand new mux i had was sold to me with mis aligned wheels that gave me lots of worries and disappointments
Finally after the 125000 km engine warranty it ended up. Leaking coolant from between cylinder head and engine block.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Great, with a few caveats.

Love the MUX. Overall a great car. Good view out, especially looking out the rear passenger side as a driver trying to see oncoming traffic.
The negatives...
We have a terrible wind whistle which we can’t find. Painful. Anyone have an answer??
Road noise is high.
Turbo lags a bit.
The rear storage unit is so tiny, almost worthless.
The ride seems to float along, bouncy is how I would describe it.
Would we buy again? Yes. If only we could stop the wind whistle!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Pamela B
Pamela BAU

Love our latest addition Isuzu MUX

Love our MUX, can not fault anything. Our grandchildren absolutely love Grandpa's car, especially the dvd player. They think they are so cool when grandpa picks them up from school in the Isuzu. We have fun watching the grass grow and have one tree starting (an app that tells you how you are travelling ecomonically). Dealership was fantastic Harrison Isuzu, Shane sales manager and Johnathan salesman.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Peter
PeterMelbourne

After some disappointing cars the MU-X is by far the BEST car I have owned

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Great car, terrible customer service.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
R Davies
R DaviesToowoomba

Very happy owner after 2 years

Very happy with our purchase. Great after sales service. We feel valued as customers. Reliable, tows well. Basic interior - which is very much a plus for us as we have kids. Easy to park but fits all we need. Flexibility of use. Exceeded our expectations, very happy to recommend.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Peter D.
Peter D.Adelaide

Great vehicle but weird beeping

Has anyone had a problem with an intermittent beeping (single 1 second beep) with a MUX (MY15)? It seems to be activated by opening the rear cargo door. It then occurs the next few times that either the rear cargo door or driver's side door is opened then goes away. When it happens, a 'CHECK SYSTEM' message appears on the driver's display. It has occurred with motor running and not running, key in close proximity to vehicle and not. Dealer has checked it but cannot replicate the problem. I'm trying the spare key at the moment to see if it's related to that.
Apart from this, the MUX is a great vehicle - on road and off road.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Macca
MaccaSydney, NSW

Beware of the Isuzu towbar

Purchased in September 2014.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic

Read more reviews - page 2See all Isuzu MU-X reviews

Lisa C.
Lisa C.asked
MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2013-2016)

I have just bought the car second hand. I’m surprised the 2014 top model doesn’t have the touch door handle keyless entry. Why? (Have had older cars Toyota and Subaru and they had them) is it possible to convert them?
also does the audio system update, have it to read newer iPhones for Spotify playlist etc... so weird..(once again my 2012 liberty can read Spotify )

Darrel G.
Darrel G.asked
MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel (2013-2016)

HI My Multi Media Player has come up with anMAP SD Card error, and now I have no media at all, no radio, bluetooth, etc. Error code is NK-SD-11
have tried a new SD card but doesn't work

Regards

Toey

Hi Darrel, did you get the new SD card from a Isuzu dealer? Was that the only code that was showing on the screen??? My local dealer was hopeless with my sad card problem. Try going back to your dealer where you bought the car from. If no good and depending where you live. Google Isuzu Newcastle in NSW and on their web site, explain the problem and give them the code and ask them to call you. Chris is the guy I spoke to and he was all over how to fix it. Let me know how you get on. Good luck. Toey

Glenasked
MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2013-2016)

Hello,
My 2014 Isuzu mux SVS light came on today, anyone had problems causing this light to come on

Glen

Update I have had the vehicle in at Isuzu they found a faulty fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay, this fuse powers DRM module and TCM module, Isuzu found the DRM has a visible short internal, once removed the fuse doesn’t blow, I was told by Isuzu DRM unit is not needed , SVS light is now back on so back to not knowing the cause again has anyone had issues with a TCM module before?

See all Isuzu MU-X Series I (2013-2016) questions

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu MU-X Series I (2013-2016)

Compare all 12 Isuzu MU-X
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption8.1 L/100km8.1 L/100km8.1 L/100km8.1 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 65 L65 L65 L65 L
Engine4 Cylinder 3.0L4 Cylinder 3.0L4 Cylinder 3.0L4 Cylinder 3.0L
Max Power130kW @ 3600rpm130kW @ 3600rpm130kW @ 3600rpm130kW @ 3600rpm
Max Torque380Nm @ 1800-2800rpm380Nm @ 1800-2800rpm380Nm @ 1800-2800rpm380Nm @ 1800-2800rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,000 kg3,000 kg3,000 kg3,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateNov 2013Nov 2013Nov 2013Nov 2013
Discontinuation dateDec 2016Dec 2016Dec 2016Dec 2016
Replaced byIsuzu MU-X Series IIIsuzu MU-X Series IIIsuzu MU-X Series IIIsuzu MU-X Series II
Compare all 12 Isuzu MU-X