Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $18.00.

Side Effects No
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken (for Puppy)

Lily

LilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for sensitive tummy

our dog have such a sensitive tummy and also picky eater. we tried a few brands of food and so glad that we found ivory coat. our doggy loves it and leave no food behind (i mean it when i say she is a picky eater. we used to need to hand feed her)

Purchased in January 2017 at PetBarn for $120.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo, Lamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed) and Ocean Fish & Salmon
Girl

GirlPerth, WA

Dont try it

Bought it yesterday, my pup loved it but now he is having diarrhoea! I think I fell for the good reviews and bought this pricey bag , which Im regretting now.

Purchased in November 2019 at City Farmers for $136.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon
Rosie

Rosie

Perfect for dog with allergy

Switched to grain free Chicken and Coconut Oil Flavour for one of my dogs as a suggestion from the vet. Has worked well and her coat is amazing on it!

Purchased in October 2019 at PetBarn Physical store for $116.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil
Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the great feedback. We're thrilled to hear your dog is going well on our Ivory Coat dry food!

My dogs enjoy this product!

My four dogs do enjoy eating this dry kibble and seem to thrive on it! I will buy it again and can recommend it to others. There is a nice choice in products to choose from and, I tend to vary my purchases so that my dogs can experience a change! So far they are eating with relish!

Alana G

Alana G

A recent formula change?

We fed our staffy the lamb and kangaroo without incident for a few years but noticed in the last bag that the food had changed shape. We didn't think much of it until the next day when our dog had a super upset stomach which has now lasted a week!

Purchased in September 2019 at Best friends.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo

Thirsty  dog

Thirsty dogSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thirst dog

Tried it for the first time, our dogs seems to eat it OK, but she has developed a dry mouth and is constantly smacking and l8ck her lips. Left her of it for 48 hours and NO lip smacking, don't think we will be trying ivory coat again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet barn.

Charlee-Dee G.

Charlee-Dee G.South East Queensland, QLD

Salmon Flavour giving dogs diarrhoea.

Pro - Looks and smells fresh and my dogs usually like it.
Con - Recently bought the Salmon dog food and my dogs seemed to be doing well but have started having diarrhoea

Purchased in July 2019 at PetBarn for $132.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior
Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon
Tim C.

Tim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent chow for the fur animals

Our two ridgeback cross mastiffs love their Ivory Coat feed.. A wewk after we starting feeding them this we saw massive changes in their behaviour and health for the positive.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetStock for $119.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Excellent super premium brand Australian made dog food

My schnauzer loved the salmon one. It's very tasty.
He was on WELLNESS prior to it, and obviously likes this one more.
He's a slow and fussy eater usually but he literally gulps down these biscuits like crazy, never seen him do that before, they must smell and taste better. Got mine from Petbarn, a good idea is to look at sales online then get them to match prices. I got a 13kg back for around a hundred bucks.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetBarn for $100.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Viv

VivSydney, NSW

Be aware of quality issues

My 5 month indoor kitten developed diarrhea from having ivory coat kitten dry food. Initially we wont sure the source but after investigating we are now sure because every time we fed him this dry food he gets diarrhea straight away. I’m just very disappointed that the package seems quite misleading. We purchased this product from pet circle and the expiry date on the product some time in 2020.

Purchased in March 2019 at Pet Circle for $31.00.

Susan

SusanNewcastle NSW

Why do some Ivory Coat bags say "HYPOALLERGENIC" & other Ivory Coat bags only say GRAIN FREE??

Purchased in April 2019 at Pet Circle Online store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior

plumboss

plumbossPerth, WA

Ivory Coat

Ivory Coat used to be a great pet food, our pet (Dean 9 year old Lab) has been eating it for years without a problem. Lately Dean has allergies on his legs and his stools are very loose. Looking at the food itself it has changed, it is now a ruff texture and a slight colour change..

Purchased in April 2019 at Pet City for $109.00.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ivory coat is great

My dogs enjoy these biscuits. They are slightly on the bigger size so more for them to chew. Im happy with the ingrediants and less filler foods. My dog gets the low fat turkey as he suffers from pancreatitis. There could be more flavours in low fat for variety as I like to change flavours for my dogs.

Purchased in December 2018 for $94.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dog food, comes highly recommended by vets!

Purchased in April 2019 at PetBarn Physical store for $32.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Consumer advocate

Consumer advocateSydney, NSW

Yum yum

My little furball loves this brand. It comes recommended from a number of vets and fancy pets stores . Although a little pricey for dog food I feel good knowing that my pup loves his dinner and it's healthy. Sprinkle with a few cooked chicken pieces and it's 5 stars from Brutus.

Purchased in January 2019 for $30.00.

Disappointing

My Dog once loved this food and it helped with her allergies and sensitivities. She has been on it for over a year but in the last couple of months she has had diarrhoea and an upset stomach and starting to lick her paws again. Not sure if they’ve had an ingredient change but very disappointing and upsetting knowing this has been making my baby sick.

Cleomum

Cleomum

On our 4th 13kg bag and more to go.

Tried Optimum when they were on special and dog started having bad guns and bad breath. Then moved on to Royalcanin but still couldn't get rid of her bad odour from both coat and breath.

Since I've changed to ivorycoat her breath and smell from her coat is much nicer so whatever the ingredients in them seems to work on the doggo. We are sticking around as it works like wonder. And it actually smelsl delicious to me too.

Liz

LizMaryborough Qld

Ivory Coat Ticks All The Boxes.

SteveB

SteveBMid North Coast, NSW

An excellent quality product

I did a hell of a lot of research before I decided to purchase Ivory Coat Grain Free. I would normally consider a lower purchase price on dog food but after comparing the ingredients of various other products, the Ivory Coat won hands down. The Ivory Coat had much better quality ingredients.
I also noted that the amount of Ivory Coat recommended per meal is somewhat less than cheaper products.
I also found an online store which offers excellent discounts on Ivory Coat which also helped me decide on my purchase.

Marc

Marcasked

Hi - we've been using Ivory Coat for a number of years with our 2 Cocker Spaniels and chose it originally because the chicken variety didn't make them smell via their breath and coat like others did such as beef based blends. However our most recent bag that we've purchased through Pet Circle it appears something has changed with this bag - the biscuits are smaller, darker and the dogs now smell. Has the formula been changed or did we get an odd batch??

Hi Marc,
Thanks for your review on our Ivory Coat food.
We can confirm that there have been no recipe changes to the Ivory Coat dry food, and all products available have passed all quality assessments.
Our Ivory Coat products contain no artificial colours or flavours to disguise any natural variation in the raw ingredients, so there can be some variations in colour and smell in between batches.
You are welcome to get in contact with us via phone on 1800 732 573 (option 1) or our website if you have further questions or concerns.

Cass

Cassasked

Have you changed the formula? We have been purchasing the large breed dry food for 6 months and our puppy has loved this. We have just purchased a new bag and the kibble shape is much smaller (nearly half the size) of previous bags. Our puppy has had a very upset tummy for the past three days on this new bag and even to the point where he now is shying away from the kibble and leaving it in his bowl.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Cass, Thank you for your query.
There can be some variation in our kibble size, colour and smell due to natural variances in the raw ingredients used, however there have not been any changes to the recipe.
Were disappointed to hear you puppy has been unwell recently and would like to speak to you to understand your experience better and ensure your pup is recovering.
You are welcome to contact us on 1800 732 573 (option 1) or through our website contact form.
Thanks very much

Lorraineasked

Does your food contain taurine as I have heard that dogs are getting heart disease as there is a lack of or no taurine in grain free pet food

Thirsty  dog
Thirsty dog

Hi lorraine - i am not too sure as i no longer have the bag. Yes, i have heard the same about the heart issues.

Lorraine

I have looked on my bag but no taurine I might have to change food I think.

Hi Lorraine,
We can confirm Our Ivory Coat Grainfree range of dry foods has been formulated to meet the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) nutritional standards for dogs, and will contain some taurine as it is naturally found within the meat meals included in the products.
Our grainfree dry food products do not have additional taurine added at this time. Taurine is not currently deemed an essential nutrient of dogs by AAFCO as dogs have the ability to synthesise taurine from other nutrients in the diet, which are present in our Ivory Coat grainfree dry foods at the correct levels.
Our Ivory Coat cat products all contain Taurine as this is an essential nutrient for cats and the levels found within our foods are in line with the AAFCO nutritional standards for cats.
We are aware of the notifications issued by the FDA regarding grain free diets, and understand that further research is needed to better understand and further identify the suspected link between Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy and the diet. As pet owners ourselves, we are committed to ensuring we are making high quality, nutritious and safe foods for our customers furry companions, so will continue to proactively work with the PFIAA, and industry leading animal nutritionists as new research information into pet foods and nutrition is made available to the industry.
If you are concerned regarding your dogs taurine levels, dilated cardiomyopathy or have further questions on which food is most suitable for your pet we recommend you speak to your attending veterinarian.

Get an answer from our members and Ivory Coat representatives