Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

3.4

Great Ingredients but can't stand associated farts

Made my dog have the most foul farts of his entire life. It's too bad we love the ingredients and thought it would be good food for him. He loves the taste but the aftermath is insufferable. Going back to Blackhawk asap just for the fresh air.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bishops for A$125.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo
Lollygirl86

Lollygirl86Perth, WA

Severe illness due to potential contamination

Bad batches of this food may be circulating (May-September 2020). My dogs became gravely ill with severe vomiting and diahorrea while on this food, so did my friend's dog, and I see the reports of other dogs becoming ill on this review thread. This food should be pulled from all Australian shelves and subjected to independent, extensive testing covering a broad scope of potential toxins because clearly, the testing the company carries out on each batch before release is not sufficient for safety. Readers, feel free to inbox me for help and/or support if your dog has become sick.

Side Effects Yes

saw a positive change overnight on this food

from the time we got our puppy he had very runny, smelly poos. We tried so many diet variations...chicken mince and rice, chicken, vegies and pasta, steamed pumpkin and over the months 5 different types of dry food. We tried Ivory Coat puppy for large breed when he was 8 months old. The change was overnight. Solid poo, not smelly and no more smelly farts. He's 10 months now and we have introduced vegies again as well as a few leftovers but always the Ivory Coat. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Barn Kangaroo Flat for A$99.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)

joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo
Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I've been using the puppy Ivory coat on our 13 mth old boy and he has had a beautifully shiny coat and no smell to him and he loved it!!! Just bought first bag of adult, Lamb and he really is not happy with it, he now has really bad breath and he smells !!!! Also I have noticed he is shedding so much hair, where before he hardly shed any........ very disappointed considering the price for this food.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$110.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for A$104.67.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Very sick dog after eating Ivory Coat :(

I bought this a week ago & since introducing it, my dog has been vomiting & very lethargic. Totally not her usual energetic self. I don't recommend this product at all! Such a shame as the idea of natural, grain free is what our pets deserve!

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Great ingredients, great price.

Bought this for my malinois puppy I got 2 weeks ago. got it on pet.co.nz. wanted to try the smaller bag and got the second free ( close expiry date). I don't mind. Ive gone through the first bag already and the expiry date isn't until 2 months. My pup loves her food as I use it for training. Stool isn't too smelly and is firm. Coat looks nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at pet.co.nz for A$34.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Athina

My puppy keeps vomiting when eating this

Bought this because it was recommended by a friend but my dog keeps vomiting up his dinner. I realised now after reading the reviews that it’s the food!!! Do not buy, my dog is had experienced dehydration because of this food!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for A$60.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Dad of Stella

Dad of StellaFar North Queensland, QLD

its making my dog vomit!!!!

I am very disappointed....this has been fine from 2 months old until a month ago....my pup is now 5 1/2 months....in the last month she has been consistently vomiting up her dinner meal at very late hours in the night (we thought she had been vomiting from eating our older dogs mess but now we know it it not crap making her sick but crap food!!!!) the other day she even refused to eat one meal.
something has changed, and now WE are also changing. We also live in FNQ Cairns.... I feed my older dogs prepared meals twice a day and will find another puppy dry food until she is fully grown and then swap her to the same home cooked food my others enjoy... :-)
thank y'all.... Bye: Have a Beautiful time!!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Cafe for A$106.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Jen

JenFar North Queensland, QLD

Product changed

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Olivia

OliviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The ingredients have changed and is making my dogs sick

I have been buying this brand for several years now but something has definitely changed over the past ~4 months. The kibble is now foul smelling and is making my dogs vomit. I originally thought it was just an off bag but then I bought another one and had the exact same issue. One of my dogs has been on this brand since he was a puppy but I will definitely be changing now.

Purchased in April 2020.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Gill

GillPerth, WA

Chicken and coconut oil.

My dogs have are ivory coat for 3 years with no problems. I bought the chicken and coconut oil and started it on the Friday, by the sunday, one of my dogs became very unwell with gastro. It has took over 2 weeks for him to get better. At one point it was touch and go with him. We think it was the food as due to quarantine we haven't been anywhere and the smell coming from the new large bag was overpowering. I will never buy this flavour again!

Purchased in April 2020 at PetStock for A$129.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Disappointing

Bought this after being told it was good. Both dog's now have reflux which is new and one is occasionally vomiting. Shame I bought the giant bag for while in quarantine. Have no way of returning the bag as I am rural and takes hours to drive to a shop.

Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck
Shell

Thanks for that but it would take over an hour to drive back to where I bought it from. Also, I did introduce the food slowly. Over weeks not days.

Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs eat it but they don't love it

I bought a 18Kg bag of Ivory Coat Lamb & Brown Rice Puppy. Both my Shih Tzu and Staffy are fine with it. They don't love it anymore but they eat it, maybe I should've bought a smaller bag to vary the flavour. I also mix the dry food with wet food which I change often. Wet foods I've mixed with: Nature's Gift Lamb, Eukanuna Lamb, 4 Legs Beef.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Maggie

MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changing brands....

We have also been using Ivory Coat for nearly 3 years but the last 2 bags (chicken and coconut grain free) have had a pretty awful smell and the kibble is a much darker colour. I am now researching other brands.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn.

Danielle K.

Danielle K.Sydney, NSW

They've changed the formula

My dog has eaten this her whole life ( 2.5 years) & eaten the same flavour ( turkey and duck) with no issues- she loved it. However, when i opened the latest new bag i noticed the kibble biscuits were half the size of before and very coated in what I'll call seasoning...? She was eating it reluctantly but started to have noticeable digestive issues ( foul smelling stools and gas) then just flat out refused it. They never answer the phone & i returned the bag for a refund. She is fine now she's not eating the ivory coat.

Purchased in December 2019 at Petbarn Online store for A$26.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck
JH

JHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This product has changed!

We’ve been using Ivory Coat Grain Free Chicken and Coconut Oil for a long time now, with no problems. Unfortunately the last bag we bought had a different and very distinct smell. Our dog has started to refuse it. Such a shame, because we’ve had no issues up until now. We’re concerned and have decided to try another brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

LynOsmington Western Australia

Noticed a change

I had been purchasing Ivory Coat Grain Free for my two dogs since it first came out and was always happy and the dogs loved it but now with the last 2 bags purchased, they have often refused to eat it and one particularly, will walk away and go hungry. I have noticed that on occasions, one of the dogs particularly ends up with an upset stomach for no reason and I can only put it down to the Ivory Coat. I have now stopped buying it

Purchased in November 2019.

Simon C

Ok I rate it, but reading reviews, sold to Chinese and changing size of kibble and diarrhoea concerns me greatly

I've used the Ivory Coat for years. I've tried several other brands and several have had mouldy kibble (white mould).
Never had bad mould.
I did notice in the September October time frame my seal on the 2 kg bag was different. Thinner and didn't seal as easily. I have noticed now this is the norm.
Sometimes my dogs stools are soft, I generally use the puppy variety which is the chicken flavour and smaller kibble.
Haven't noticed any size change in the Kibble, but going to research when this company was bought by Chinese company as that's the time when things change.

Like when they tried changing the flavour of bbq shapes, anyone still remember that?

Maybe it's time to look for an alternative. I do rate this kibble though.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$31.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Simon C

So I've decided to go off Ivory Coat after doing a test the last month noting my dogs are getting sick both vomit and diarahhea eating the ivory coat after its two weeks old.

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!

PAL

PALasked

My dog loves Ivory Coat (low fat) BUT her breath is very smelly!
Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your question on our Ivory Coat product.
Bad breath is not expected to occur in pets fed out products, and is more commonly an indication the pet has some dental disease, particularly if they are an older animal.

If you haven’t had your dog’s teeth checked recently by your veterinarian, we’d suggest booking in to make sure there are no underlying dental problems.
Your vet clinic can also provide you with some information on maintaining your pets good dental health.
We hope this helps

Ollie

Ollieasked

Is this food a light low calorie

Lyn

Hi Ollie. As far as I know it is not low calorie as that wasn't an issue with my dogs when I began purchasing it. I used to purchase this dog food when it first came out and Australian owned and made, now I see it is now owned by a Chinese company. Towards the mid and end of last year, my dogs would not eat it when previous years they would wolf it down and I am not sure if the recipe has changed since the change of ownership but I do not buy it anymore as I refuse to support an overseas company but most of all not a Chinese owned company. There is a very good pet food which I am now buying which is an Australian owned and made with all Australian ethically sourced ingredients called "Scratch" have a look at their Facebook page or website. Be very careful with some of the products being sold as top pet food, they are shockers.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Ollie, Great question! We have two dry food products in our range that are lower in fat and calories compared to our Adult varieties. These products are suitable for older dogs, less active dogs or for overweight dogs. You are welcome to visit our website to learn more: https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/dog-puppy-food-and-grooming/mature-dog.
We hope this information helps

Get an answer from our members and Ivory Coat representatives