Japanache Futon

Read now

4.9

• Sleeping Position
  • Adjustment Period
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (43%) · No (57%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (5%) · No (95%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (48%) · No (52%)
  • Sagging Yes (3%) · No (97%)
  • Perceived Firmness

Quality product

Having travelled in Japan I was aware of the difference between authentic futons and their imitations, so it was great to discover Japanache, especially since they deliver to NZ. The staff were knowledgable and helpful throughout the purchase and shipping process. I've been sleeping on my futon for a month now and love the simplicity and comfort.

Purchased in September 2020.

Nathan H.

Nathan H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I regularly wake thinking I am on a traditional bed!

I have been sleeping on this a few weeks and the only bad thing I will say is that it still smells a bit like a farm even after this time period. That aside everything else is fantastic. It was a little thinner than I though but that has not been an issue, I can sleep on my side or back or front with ease. My sleep has improved dramatically but I was sleeping on an almost 2 decade old mattress before. I have also noticed no quality issues.

Purchased in August 2020 at Japanache for A$600.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
H. North

H. NorthVictoria

Very happy.

Very happy. After struggling for years to keep the mould at bay with an 'Aussie' futon, I'm so pleased to finally own a much lighter, easier to air, Japanese futon.

Purchased in September 2020 at Japanache.

Lan Nguyen

Lan NguyenCanberra 2600, ACT

Gorgeous and comfortable

Really fast delivery. Futon is very comfortable even though you feel like you've hit the floor when you first lie down and packs away easily in the morning leaving the room nice and uncluttered.

Purchased in September 2020 at Japanache for A$957.00.

Larissa

LarissaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Actually sleep the whole night without tossing and turning.

I was looking for a traditional Japanese futon I could put straight on my carpet and sleep on and I ended up with a single size one from Japanache. Wow. It took a few nights to "relearn" a good sleep position but it's given me such a solid sleep every night since and I'm 3 months in. My husband even got on board with it and now has his which we place next to each other and you can't even feel the join.
I use to toss and turn all night on my fancy memory foam mattress bought online and now my shoulders no longer cramp and we've both noticed we feel taller

It's definitely different but it gives you exactly what you need.. Sleep!

And their shipping to Melbourne is so fast! Like two days fast!

Purchased in July 2020 at Japanache for A$600.00.

Erica H.

Erica H.South East Queensland, QLD

Exactly what we were looking for

We were looking for genuine futon and that’s exactly what we got. Comfortable and easy to care for. Changed while family over to futon mattresses. Service was knowledgeable and friendly.

Purchased in August 2020.

Perceived Firmness Very Hard
Sally Brown

Sally Brown

Love my Japanache futon

Perceived Firmness Hard

It is a fantastic option for people who prefer a simple living style.

I have to say this Futon is really comfortable. It requires a regular sun bath, which is really good for hygiene compared with the normal mattress. Also, the Futon is more flexible for space-saving. It is a fantastic option for people who prefer a simple living style.

Purchased in August 2020.

D Desilva

D DesilvaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love it. Its beautifully made and sleeping is more of a ritual since I got it.

I bought the following:
Single Mattress & Quilt Set including mattress cover and quilt cover and 3 pegs for $1095.

The mattress is very good. At first I was concerned that I might feel the cold, coming through the cement floor. But this was not the case. For at least three weeks I felt my shoulders and hips a little uncomfortable. But this is no longer the case. I suffer from insomnia from time to time, I am not sure the mattress has made any difference there. A few days ago I had a back pain due to painting a wall. This has certainly gone away now. Not sure whether the mattress has any thing to do with it. The mattress has maintained its shape. In saying that, I do air it at least 3 times a week( mostly because I am so fond of it).

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,151.00.

Caused Discomfort Yes

Incredible!

The mattress, although not being very thick at all, is very supportive and to my initial surprise, extremely comfortable. My back felt healthier after just a few weeks sleeping on it. I was a side sleeper but transitioned to a back sleeper with no problem, which I couldn't do with a western mattress. I'm sure the mattress will last me many years, I've only had it for a couple of months and I feel like I've sunken into it, but it hasn't become any less firm or supportive. It feels amazing and so comfy. And the service was incredibly quick too. I highly recommend this futon company!

Purchased in June 2020 at Japanache.

Sleeping PositionBack
Perceived Firmness Medium

Comfortable, functional and nice looking futon

Initially thought the futon from Japanache could be a little firm but unwarranted concern as really offers excellent night’s sleep. Also so much easier to manage than our old amazingly heavy Australian futon. No problem adapting to it - agreeable on the first night.

Purchased in July 2020.

PeterCanberra 2600, ACT

If only we had one years ago!

We recently purchased a Japanache Queen Futon. Past the first three nights of interrupted sleep adjusting we both now experience a deeper sleep than we had on our conventional queen bed. We have had the bed for a couple of months now and both of us have a more erect posture. We live in Canberra and the surprising thing is that the futon is never freezing we sleep very comfortablely with out an electric blanket.

Thank you so much!

Purchased in April 2020.

Perceived Firmness Medium

Genuine Japanese Futons. Real quality and it shows.

Highly recommended.
Genuine futons, very comfortable. Japanache are providing a true example of what a Japanese futon is. Relieved back pain and sleep quality has improved. Mattress is in good shape. Airing out the futon and flipping it over every other week prevents sagging, feels fresh after every airing. All good!

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Amy J.

Amy J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best bed

Excellent support and very comfortable.
Def need a second mattress as a side sleeper.
Stays firm and comfy with a simply care routine.
Has greatly improved my quality if sleep and has been approved by my cats.

Purchased at Japanache for A$1,020.00.

hanna

hanna

In love with it and ready to order the second one.

After many months of search for a propser cotton mattress we came accross the Japanache website and decided to give it a go! The Futon mattress has exceeded successfully our expectations and we are so pleased with our futon mattress ready to order the second one.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$750.00.

Sagging Yes

Find out how Japanache Futon compares to other Mattresses

Excellent product. Even better service.

Purchased in May 2020 at Japanache for A$560.00.

Joe W.

Joe W.Sydney, NSW

All-round excellent

I love my Japanache Futon. It just feels so high quality; soft, strong, comfortable, durable. I feel great sleeping on it, thank you so much for delivering such high-quality products.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$900.00.

BYP

BYPPerth, WA

AMAZING

So happy with my purchase! Transaction was simple, shipping was quite fast considering this difficult period. Richard was super nice and managed to ship my futon on the day of purchase. Wish I purchased it sooner! Caring guide for the futon was detailed, easy to follow.

Purchased in April 2020.

Perceived Firmness Very Hard

Everything about it is great!

We decided to purchase this futon so we can sleep in our baby’s room if she needs cuddling. Apart from it’s good for the back, we noticed that our baby prefers it over her cot. She has slept on it for 8 hours and more without interruption! This is a game-changer for us. We didn’t expect this win when we purchase. We are very happy with its quality, the service we received, and how quick the delivery was.

Purchased in May 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Great to have the Japanese experience in Australia

We’ve bought 2 singles for the boys and now a queen for us for better sleep. Can’t beat the service - quick delivery and good communication. Looking forward to good sleep

Sleeping PositionFront