Jayco Australia

Jayco Australia

See the Best Caravan & Camper Trailer Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DPB

DPBSouth West, QLD

small problems

Date PurchasedDecember 2014

Hot Water System

Really disappointed we have brought a new optimum motorhome last month .
the problem is with the instant hot water system (Suburban Storage hot Water Heater) it takes nearly 15 litres of water before it is hot.

Date PurchasedSeptember 2019

Brakes are a lemon

I have had trouble with my Jaysc Swift Brakes from very early on, reported to service but they have no written evidence therefore it didn't happen. I am now out of the warranty period and have been told to sort it myself at my own cost as it must be the controller, go to an auto electrician. Non existant service, what a shame. Am selling my Swift once it is fixed.

Date PurchasedSeptember 2016
Matt d

Matt dNorthern Region, NSW

Save your money

Bought my jayco outback eagle in 2014
Had it back to the dealer for several repairs
Roof leaks and the awning split , hardly used
I’m trading it in on a decent van
Don’t waste your money

Date PurchasedAugust 2014

Great experience with Jayco Eagle Outback.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Bill

BillPerth, WA

Jayco Journey 16ft

Date PurchasedMarch 2019

MollyjHendricks

MollyjHendricksmelbourne

Onto our 4th van and still happy

We’ve just ordered our 4th Jayco through grant at page bros in Seaford and I’m excited!

They are a great value for money. Yes they have teething issues due to mass production but we’ve never had an issue getting them fixed when needed. I don’t think you’d be able to get a van without any problems. It’s part of the process! Their service team go above and beyond and issues are fixed quick smart!

We’ve loved Jayco a since we bought our first 5 years ago and will be life long customers.

Date PurchasedAugust 2019

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2017 Jayco Starcraft poptop Outback.

• +1
Date PurchasedFebruary 2018

Wake up Jayco.

Date PurchasedOctober 2013
Neil

NeilSydney Surrounds, NSW

CONGRATULATIONS Jayco Sydney Spares

I ordered a part for my Discovery Outback from Jayco Sydney(100 approx k’s from me). A lady named Maddie in Spares told me the courier would be delivering it the following day - it arrived on time. I just fitted the part and about 30 mins later Maddie called again to make sure I received it. I was very impressed with her professionalism - she exceeded my expectations with her level of service - very professional!

Date PurchasedOctober 2017

Insurance repair

My van went into jay-co Darwin when another repairer in Darwin didn't do the work properly.
He was happy to take on job but i got lied to from the beginning.
Even when a cyclone was on approach to Darwin i called to advise i will collect my van and he advised me he would be putting it in the shed guess what this didn't happen.

Once i collected my van i noticed that he had not completed all the works that he quoted to the insure.When i asked him he just got aggressive and told me to get the crap van out of the yard.
I advised the insurance company not all works done, and only then did he changed the invoice to remove items he had not completed.

Build quality - No, quality is not the right word. There is no quality in their workmanship.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Rod Skinner

Rod SkinnerHunter Region, NSW

Solar system SILVERLINE

I have a Silverline 1 year old. Been having trouble free camping more than 2 days even in full sunlight. The 160w panel, 1battery system is just not preforming. Contacted Jayco, they just passed the buck again, said the system is not suitable for free camping longer than 2 days, everyones falt except theirs. They just ware you down until you just go and pay for an upgrade at a solar professional. Thanks Peter at jayco I will go away and get it fixed elsewhere, with someone without a thousand excuses.

Date PurchasedApril 2018

Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Jayco have no idea

Richard

RichardWestern Australia

Plumbing problems on 19ft Starcraft

20 months old an still cant get plumbing problem fixed. When I connect hose to mains water it dribbles out of the taps, no problems using tank water with pump.. Been into 2 different Jayco service centres and still not working. Now leaking water underneath, steadily when water heater is on. Hoses keep coming loose.
Would never recommend Jayco, Would never buy one again.
My previous van ( not Jayco) was excellent, never any problems.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Sue

SueSydney, NSW

can't understand how they sell so many vans when they have a substandard product.

pluming problems, electrical problems, materials used failed
on our 1st trip in our 2019 Journey van we had no 240 volt due to water shortening out power in the van. I was told the earliest I could bring the van to them was a 4 month wait. They gave me other options with other dealers was a 6 week wait. In our circumstances we have found that we repair and wear the cost so their warranty to us is non existent.
Before you purchase talk to other Jayco owners as most have negative comments about Jayco.

Date PurchasedMarch 2019

Paul C.

Paul C.South-East, TAS

Poor design, low quality build and worst of all, appalling draconian warranties!!

We had a Starcraft Outback and right from the start, a lot of quality and design problems...missing lock tabs for awning legs, water tanks that can’t fill, low quality cupboard and drawer handles and just breaks, soft floors, leaking shower, poor insulation, condensation problems, poor quality bed and mattress, and the list goes on and on! The worst part is once the shortest warranty in the industry of 12 months is up, they don’t want to know you anymore! It’s a bad company with draconian views on customer services!

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Not good enough jayco

Bought brand new journey 2018 list of problems:floor soft only solution have extra braces fitted undervan they fitted 8 : wheels scrubbing out in under 5000 km twice they replaced 2 tyres I insisted on 8 ply light truck tyres I have bought 2 myself they say the problem has been fixed I’ll wait and see : fridge on / off button didn’t work : draws falling apart: water going in utensil draw from sink : kitchen edging not finished off:vanity tap fell out: toilet roll holder falls apart:brand new van you just don’t expect so many problems from a company that you would think would have seen all these problems before and would have ironed out before releasing on onto trusting customers

Date PurchasedFebruary 2018

No Customer Service

I lodged an insurance claim and Bayswater Jayco were the approved repairer. Waited three days post claim lodgement, called Jayco and told (rudely) that I had to wait for Jayco to call me. They went on to bag insurance companies for always providing owners with assessment dates. Feeling I had done the wrong thing I waited another couple of days and the same individual "told me off " again for calling. I have since called the insurance company and requested a different repairer who called me within 24hrs to book the van in for an assessment.

I didn't want an immediate assessment from Jayco, i just wanted a time to bring the van in.

Not totally happy

We haven't even been off road and as soon as we drive on normal roads the draws pop out so we have to tie them down everytime we take off they (jayco) have used the tiniest screws its really pathetic especially with the price you pay for there vans very poor quality

Eva H.

Eva H.asked

We purchased a 2015 jayco silver line 4 months ago, have had two trips and on the third (to Adelaide) our brakes nearly failed coming down hill on south eastern freeway at port rush road
Phoned Jayco and they said brakes were not covered by warranty. Can you explain why please
We already paid to have the caravan wheels aligned.
We are very disappointed with Jayco Adelaide attitude and the fact that they can’t even look at the van until November. We had already paid for a caravan park in Mildura

Tracey
Tracey

Keep pushing. I had a similar problem with Jayco in Sydney with a much smaller vehicle.

Mike Penrose
Mike Penrose

Sorry can't help there. We had an Eagle Outback but also experienced an issue with the brakes but this happened after we had travelled over rocky dirt roads. Flying rocks damaged the wiring to the electric brakes. I repaired the wiring, rerouted it and fitted trucked mudflaps under the trailer chassis to act as rock deflectors, no further issues.
This may work for you, not familiar with your van model.

Paul Overton

Paul Overtonasked

Just picked up our Journey Outback 19.6 2018 model from having the washing machine replaced, it was out of sun for 9 days and now has no 12 volt power, the insulation switch is on? What do I need to do

John G

John Gasked

I have a 2017 starcraft and the floor vinyl has creased. Jayco said they would fix it with a vinyl overlay. Just wondering if anyone has bad it down and how it looks. Apparently they cut the vinyl around everything.

Get an answer from our members and Jayco representatives

CategoryCaravan & Camper Trailer Shops