Jenny Craig

Working perfectly for me

I have been on the program at Chermside QLD for 16 weeks and have lost 14kg. I have never had success long-term before. I joined because I was at my wit's end and finally acknowledged that the one thing I hadn't tried was being accountable to someone every week. I know other companies do that, but I like that the staff at JC are respectful but make me accountable, and weigh-ins are done privately. The support is fantastic. The other wonderful thing is the wide variety of seriously yummy food they offer for vegetarians like me. My biggest issue has been the commitment slipping over the Easter/Anzac Day/Mothers' Day weekends but I could identify the pattern and worked with my consultant to overcome this and move upwards and onwards. Yes I agree it is expensive but given that it works and that I will have ongoing support once I reach my goal, I see it as an investment in my long-term health. BTW I have also tried Lite & Easy, but without the accountability that was an expensive experiment with no lasting effects.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Store LocationChermside, Brisbane

Too expensive for me

The staff are amazing, so respecful and helpful. Joined during a special, free consultation and $25 off food, Bill comes to $150 for food and this did not include any fruit, veges or milk. Went for 5 weeks and the 6th week was $167, not including fruit veges or milk. Had to leave there as I just couldn't justify the cost. Lost 5 kilos with Jenny but have lost another 7 on my own, with a weightloss app, was good motivation in the beginning but too much money, Food ok, some things really enjoyable.

Taste
Start DateJanuary 2019
Store LocationRobina
Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your 5kg weight loss. We do aim to make the program as affordable as possible whilst still providing quality meals that are designed by Accredited Practicing Dieticians to assist our member’s with weight loss. We’re sorry that we were not able to continue to assist you on the program. We are pleased to hear that you found the consultants and support very helpful. We thank you again for taking the time to share your view, and we wish you all the very best with your health & wellbeing goals.

Expensive and quality of food is poor.

I was determined to make a change when I joined Jenny Craig a year or so ago, so ignored the red flags. I lost weight over 6 months, however you pay approx $150 for the food, before you do grocery shopping for your fresh fruit and vegatables. The food delivered is not worth $150. You pay that for lite n easy and their food is of much higher quality and includes everything, but coffee, milk etc. The first week I got a lamb dish full of gelatious fat, I mentioned it to my consultant, who said, unless more people complain not much can be done. Further on in the programme, I recieved a week of free food from Jenny Craig (thanks) because I showed proof of all the gristle in the mince meat for one meal. The consultants are nice enough, but most are just going through the motions. Whilst I was on it I paid for a 5 year membership I will never use. What prompted me to write this after all this time though? I am sick of seeing Mel B endorsing this. There is NO way she would be eating this poor quality food! It is false advertising! Worst food I have eaten, makes me feel nauseated thinking about it.

Start DateOctober 2017
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting
Timely DeliveryYes
Thank you for your feedback. We have always received positive feedback regarding Mel B who did our program through a local centre when she was filming in Australia a few years ago. Her family members were also on the program at the same time and she has continued to support Jenny Craig ever since. We do try to meet the varied tastes of our members in the meal choices we present at Jenny Craig. We are pleased that our Food Quality Department was able to compensate you for the unsatisfactory Jenny meal you received and we wish you all the best with your health and wellbeing goals.

An expensive quick fix

If relying on Jenny Craig food only it does not fill you up. It is the other foods e.g. veges. Yoghurt etc you have to buy in addition to J.C. food that fills you up.
I was able to follow program but very expensive and is not a long term solution to weight loss.

Store LocationBendigo
Thank you for your comments regarding a lack of long term solutions on our program. As an FYI, although we offer two short term memberships, we also have a 5 year VIP program, which provides a long term solution for our members. Our VIP membership initially provides weekly weight loss for our members followed by a Maintenance component upon reaching goal weight. Maintenance clients are shown how to structure their own maintenance level meal plan and consulted, on a monthly basis, for a further 12 months to ensure continued success at their desired weight. This way we can ensure that our members understand how to keep their weight under control in the future. We are pleased that you were able to follow the program well for the time you were on it and we wish you all the best with your weight loss journey.

Horrible food and customer service

Jenny Craig in Cheltenham, I called them to reschedule my appointment as I couldn’t make it that morning and I asked if I could make it later the lady replied and said well you should have come at 930 like you scheduled.. she was disgustingly rude, the food is not healthy or fresh to much pasta also .. don’t waste your money on getting food their as the staff are rude and have no customer service skills and also to point one more problem they charge you different every week .. and try to push you to pay them a 200$ fee for life when all I wanted was 6 weeks so I could lose 5 kilos .. so unprofessional do not waste your money!!! Get lite and easy much better food !!

Start DateMarch 2019
Additional Physical Activities None
Timely DeliveryNo
Store LocationCheltenham
Hi Jay, We’re very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time on the program. At Jenny Craig we strive to provide customer satisfaction at all times, and to support our members with their weight loss journey. We do offer various membership types with different benefits, and the weekly menu does vary each week depending on your personal menu choices. We’d love to be able to turn your experience around for you, and invite you to contact us should we be able to assist you in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, and wish you continued success with your health and wellbeing goals.Your not getting my point .. the staff at Cheltenham were rude ..

Terrible voice of English or NZ woman voicing the ad.

Listen to the ad, she uses terrible English, that hurts the eardrums . I hope she sticks to lip synching if she’s ever on live tv! She says ‘Jinny creg’ & other gibberish

Food with seasonal

Some of the food is a bit bland and tasteless.
Bring back the chicken pasta salad and more salad dishes that you can get out of the fridge and straight on the plate.

Hi Sarina, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please be assured your comments have been passed on to our Product Development Department for their information.

Loving the food

I’m into my second week, lost 900g the first week and it’s so easy. Just when I start to feel peckish it’s time to eat again so I’m never hungry. The food is great, probably not the healthiest, but I didn’t get to be over weight binging on health food, so I’m loving the little snacks and food that doesn’t make me feel like I’m missing out.
I take the JC vitamin everyday and I’m feeling more energised, sleeping better and I’ve just started to run again. I’m a happy customer.

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your experience at Jenny Craig. We aim to provide optimum service to our clients and always appreciate positive acknowledgement from our members. We wish you continued success on the program!

too much sugar

I found with Jenny Craig there was way too much sugar in their meals. But the last time I did Jenny Craig was in 2014. The girl seemed very rushed, quickly grabbing the food out of the freezer, and to put it in the box. Way too much money, compared to other companies.

Hi Julsa, The Jenny Craig menus are developed by our team of Accredited Practicing Dietitians in line with NHMRC (AU) and Ministry of Health (NZ) guidelines. The nutritional breakdown, including sugar content, are all within the recommended intakes. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, providing optimal support to all of our members is a top priority to us and we will take this feedback on board. We wish you all the very best with your health & wellbeing goals.

Good program if you stick to it

I have done JC about three times now, lost weight and enjoyed the food. My only criticism would be the disgraceful premises in Midland WA, the walls are badly in need of a fresh coat of paint, the stairs are carpeted and either need replacing or taking off all together. One consultant I had in the Morley store was so overweight herself I could not stand going to my weekly consults and being told off for not losing weight that week. So, there has to be some upgrades to the premises and perhaps the staff need to be maintaining their own weight too. But all said and done, you have to be doing this for your own weight loss and health, it's a great strategy to get going, just having the skills after JC to keep the weight off is the key to success. I'm still getting there.

Hi Jules, We are pleased to hear of your weight loss successes on our program. Thank you for your feedback. We wish you continued success with your health and fitness goals.

Not to my liking.

I find the food stodgy, and very expensive. The diet plan is well thought out, but not appetising. Frozen ready meals at supermarket have less calories and more variety. Still have to buy fruit and vegetables on top of menu plan. I cancelled my membership after 1 week.

Hi Buzz, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that the menu plan was not to your liking. We aim to cater to a wide variety of preferences, whilst still providing tasty portion controlled meals within a kilojoule and nutritionally balanced menu. We thank you again for leaving a review - we appreciate all feedback and will take your comments on board. Wishing you all the best.

Jenny Craig Diet Most Expensive Waste of Money Don’t Buy Unless You Have Cash to Burn

Cost around AUD $ 1,500 for around 2-3 months. Only lost 2kg, Food was ok, liked most of it but got bored quickly. If you have a family to feed this is simply way too expensive to keep up and will send you bankrupt unless you are the sort of person who sticks to diets 110%. If you can walk, or run or can do any physical exercise do it and don’t waste your money on Jenny Craig. If you are unable to excercise for any reason then this may be the best diet for you, but I hope you have Mel’s B’s bank balance to go a whole year on this diet to get a realistic result not a quick fix result.

Consultants were great and friendly and very helpful, but as a mum I just could not justify the cost of this diet long term with such poor personal results, and a loss of interest so quickly in the diet from my side of things.

I have tried all diets, Weight Watchers, Lite and Easy etc. I would say that either of these diets will offer you better value for money if you are looking for good diet results over a few months rather than long term. Leave Jenny Craig to the fabulous rich and famous - Mel B you have a lot to answer for but you look great!

Hi Kelleigh, thank you for your feedback on the Jenny Craig program. We do aim to make the program as affordable as possible whilst still providing quality meals that are designed by Accredited Practicing Dietitians to assist our member’s with weight loss. We’re sorry that we are not able to assist you on the program at this time. We are so glad to hear that you found the consultations and support a great feature of our program. We thank you again for taking the time to share your view, and we wish you all the very best with your health & wellbeing goals.

Poor quality food

The food was padded out with bread and pasta. It was so un nutritious that you are expected to buy the Jenny Craig branded multi vitamins as well. Not all the food is provided so by the time you have bought their food plus everything else they have listed from the supermarket you end up spending about $200 a week on food for one person.

Thank you for your feedback on the Jenny Craig menu. Our menus contain 45-60% carbohydrates, 20-30% protein, 20-30% fat (less than 10% saturated fat), 25-40g fibre and 2-3g sodium. The Jenny Craig menus are developed by Accredited Practicing Dietitians in line with NHMRC (AU) and Ministry of Health (NZ) guidelines. The multi vitamin is designed to support a balanced intake of nutrients whilst following a lower kilojoule intake. The supplement is not essential, however it is an option to further support your vitamin intake throughout your weight loss journey. We thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you all the very best with your health & weight loss goals.Now tell the people the nutritional value of the food excluding what they have to buy in addition to the Jenny Craig products. If the vitamins are not essential then they are a con as a non essential is not supporting anything.

Services

Jenny Craig work for sure, been on and off for two years, the reason I don't do Jenny anymore cos they kept stuffing up my swaps, do it for a long time and you started to get sick of the food. For motivation you have to prepare yourself to eat what you expected and Jenny workers stuffed up our swaps..not only once but 5 times which really put me off Jenny, I've got proof in writing for all the stuff up, all in emails, anyways Jenny Craig work for me and the wife. Shame that the service is terrible may be under staff. Sometimes I think they want your money and sales then helping you loose weight..
I'm with Lite and easy now, cheaper and the service is spot on..more varieties.

Hi Sefili, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the program. We really appreciate your feedback and certainly take all feedback on board to see how we can improve service for our members. Providing optimal support and service to our members is our main priority so that we can assist you with reaching your weight loss goals. We wish you continued success with your health & wellbeing goals.

Terrible food and expensive

I have used JC before and unfortunately am so disappointed the food is so expensive and the quality extremely poor! All the chicken meals are made from tasteless processed chicken I expect more for the price if I wanted cheap processed chicken then I could just get frozen meals from the the grocery store for 1/2 the price. The ham and cheese toastie is like cardboard just horrible m!!
JC if you want to charge a premium then make sure the quality is there.

Hi Bell, Thank you for your review and comments regarding the Jenny Craig foods. The chicken used in our meals is skinless breast meat sourced from a highly reputable supplier. The chicken breast meat is marinated, to ensure that it is moist and tender when used in our meals. We always appreciate our member’s feedback, and will pass your comments on to our Product Development team directly. Wishing you all the best with your health & wellbeing goals.

Do better cheaper at home

I find the whole Jenni Craig thing a waste of time and money, you pay for someone just to talk to if you feel you cant manage, (friends or family can do that for free) Got weighed in all winter clothes, boots and all....plus phone in pocket. How does that give you a fair weight and future loss.never going to be correct....better doing it at home b4 your shower and free.
FOOD WOW,,,,,,,,,,,, $165 for 7 days meals,, and snacks, BUT you supply the vegies, fruit drinks yoghurt etc, that you need.. Yet with lite and easy for same price i can get 5 days ALL meals, snack, fruit all you supply is milk and drinks for less.. Go figure.... can also go to Aldi get Lean Cuisine meals for $2.70, Woolies weight watchers on sale under $6,, Jenni Craig most $10,99.... The girl i saw said she has been on Jenni Craig for years, but yo yo's in weight,, we all no that happens but to sit and tell people your there to help them and you havent managed yourself ......very contradictory. SENT email to say i wasnt returning got phone call to say' sorry if she upset me', which i said 'no, but said the program was a waste of time and i could do same at home and get food cheaper,' she agreed, Nuff said,

Thanks again for your feedback, Jan. We have followed up with your centre and we understand that you prefer to achieve your goals by other methods. We wish you all the best with your weight loss goals.Your replies to reviews seem to be a lot of miss reading/misunderstandings... Lots of excuses.....

ex employee

I loved the opportuunity to help people achieve their goals and the program was very effective for those who burned more energy than they ingested, this is how weight loss happens on jenny craig or any other program you sign up for. What broke my heart was (with the massive pressure from management and upper management to meet your daily/weekly/monthly sales quotas) being encouraged to try and sell those tanita scales or a pedometer to every client that week knowing that we wouldnt meet our centres monthly target if I didnt do this. I think the sales aspect lost more clients long term than it retained because people arent stupid and they can smell it a mile off when theyre being sold something they dont want, cant afford or never asked for. It shatters the trust they felt they had with the staff leaving them to feel very manipulated during a very vulnerable time in their life. They share serious issues with you and trust you can support them with their weight loss. They are not told that their centres staff has sales quotas to meet and will do and say anything legal to sell you something extra. While the products sold at the centre were good quality and useful it was unreasonable to expect every client could afford this on top of their food each week.
I think Jenny craig should let the product/program sell itself rather than pushing sales all day long. The consultants are pressured to sell sell sell. We would have our sheets printed out throughout the day to see if our sales were tracking for the day, it was suffocating and highly stressful. Once I became ill and had to take three days off work (rarely did I have a sick day just to put this into context) and on the morning of day 3 I was told that if I didnt return in the next day or two I would be replaced. I recal a particular area manager making a point regularly saying "you guys are all replaceable" which left all of us at the centre feeling nill job security. This woman was awful and I still to this day feel extreme anxiety over things such as calling in sick (when this rarely happens). The experience I had whilst working at JC left me quite traumatised as I imagine it did to many others working under this particular woman during 2006ish.
Moving on from the bullying from a particular manager, the lines you were tought to learn verbatum were so unnatural and manipulative and you felt like you were preying on vulnerable people. I can see similar tact in the responses given by the jenny craig reps on this site. It was accross the board and the culture was a sales pitch hiding behind the veil of "we want to help you lose weight". Im sure Jenny Craig would be horrified to see how she is/was being represented.
You would see clients doing well and feel immense pressure to sell sell sell. Every weekly staff meeting there would be a tally on the whiteboard where your sales numbers would be written up. The numbers which were below your sales quota woukd be circled RED and any numbers above your quota get a BLUE circle. Very demeaning and you always felt like you were a no-sale away from losing your job.
It was sad to think I was making a difference in peoples lives when it seemed all management cared about was sales sales sales. Sales were celebrated over weight loss. This was evidenced by the fact that, during the odd 3years I worked at the company, I saw perhaps 3or 4 people actually reach their goal weight. When I say this I mean all clients, not just my own clients. In three different centres I worked over a three to four year period. 3or4 people reached their goal weight. I think some who didnt make it lost motivation yes, Im sure many ceased the program after running short of money or because they got sick of the used car salesman approach they were met with every time they attended their weekly meeting with their consultant whom they were TOLD when they purchased a jc program woukd be there to support and encourage and teach them. Little do the clients know at the start is that this weekly consultation is also utilised to sell you as much as possible. This may not be something in any fineprint but its written all over the whiteboard in the staff room or meeting room or just behind the desk where they kept the graph of where the centre was at so far with their sales quota. I think if jc paid their staff a little more adequately and actually gave them a bit of training on nutrition and about the jc program the cosultants coukd then go on to pass a lot more value onto the clients. This way clients might stuck around longer and yes jc might meet their quotas as well.
I worked in a management position for a period of time and worked overtime every week and NEVER got paid for it. At the time I worked there I know this happened accross the board.
As a product the program is good!!! The crap you have to deal with daily from management about sales quotas just kills your enthusiasm for the job. It definitely became a product I loved with a culture that ultimately left me highly stressed and physically unwell to the point I had to move on from my role.

In short Jenny Craig for weight loss? Yes sure if you can afford it.
Jenny Craig for a workplace? Not for me, a little on the cult side for my liking.
Seeing a previous post from an emplyee (I believe in 2013) with similar experience was upsetting. It seems nothing has changed! I dont usually post on the internet at all but clearly I had a bad experience with this company and the more people who speak up about it the more likely the company will make some changes......

Hi there, Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that your time with us was not what you hoped it would be. Feedback like yours is so valuable, as it helps us continually learn and adjust our approach to ensure that each employee’s journey with us is a rewarding and happy one. Without knowing the specifics of your circumstances, aside from the information you have kindly shared here, we’d note a few points: - The first priority of our Centre based teams is to nurture their clients to their goal weight. Every day, across our network, Consultants work with their clients to give them the tools and support they need to achieve their desired weight loss goals. They celebrate their successes and steer them back on track when needed. It is an immensely rewarding role and our people know that what they do matters. That together, we change lives one at a time. There is certainly a sales component to the role, however, it is tailored to support the client through their weight loss journey. This is because the client experience is at the heart of everything we do. - With respect to your comments regarding a past manager, we’d simply say that sort of conduct does not reflect the values or expected standards of behaviour of our business. We believe in the value and potential of every single employee. Our goal is to ensure that all of our people have a positive experience at Jenny and that as a business we invest in them to ensure that they succeed and thrive in their roles. Where issues do arise, we have a number of pathways for our people to safely speak up, so that their matters can be looked into and remedied. - Our pay rates are in line with Award and industry standards. Where our people are required to work additional hours or work across weekends and public holidays, applicable penalty rates are paid. With all that being said, if you’d like to have a chat about your experience, we would be really keen to listen. Feel free to give us a call on 13 19 92 and ask for Human Resources. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is a really valuable insight and learning tool.Thank you for the response. If what you say about penalty rates apply am I able to discuss backpay for all the unpaid overtime I did while working for Jenny Craig? At the time I was advised that I only write up 8 hour days and dont get paid overtime as it was "an expectation of the role" that I fill in for sick staff when theyre off and I xant fill thier hours with other staff. I worked a huge number of hours which I never got paid for essentially and I know Im not the only manager who experienced this problem. Thank you I look forward to finding out how to take this further. Regards, Ex employee.

Here's an IDEA!

I'm a lifetime member, used JC 4 times in about 20 years- each time it's set me off fabulous to weight loss. It just REBOOTS your metabolism and shrinks your tummy to small meals. I normally did about 4-5 weeks and every time it worked like a charm. I think their whole thing should start to become food boot camp for some - 4 week program and let's follow you through ( top up your cupboards occasionally). I think it's a whole market of women who need a good friend - the consultants are there anyway JC - sort of a weight watcher (I've never done) programme - health club style but nutritional fitness gym?! I think it would just jam right into women's market!! Tc

Hi Tracey, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! It’s always great to hear our member’s ideas and insights. Thanks again.

Disappointed

I have been on Jenny Craig several times. This time a consultant actually phoned me and said they had a deal going $30.00 off food for 5 weeks so I decided to give it another go however after 3 weeks I was told they made a mistake and miscalculated the weeks .( Not happy,) with just an apology and said they couldn't do anything but give me a couple of free meals .I feel there is a principal involved here and I should have been given the 2 weeks $30.00 discount I was promised.
Also I think it is very expensive especially when the bulk of the choices are pasta dishes and after 4 weeks don't want to look at pasta again.

Hi Judy, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologise for any miscommunication with the details regarding the discount voucher. Please feel free to contact AU-JennyCare@cjc.com for any further details on the terms and conditions of the voucher use. We thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Disappointed

I have been a member of Jenny since 2009 being told that I was a Lifetime member. Recently I was sent a letter from Jenny reminding me that I am a Platinum member and of my local center hours & that there had been new items added to the menu. I phoned the Center advised them my name & that I had received the letter and made an appointment. When I arrived the first thing I was told was that my Platinum Membership had expired and that will be $99 thank you ! Jenny you should not send letters out to members if your information is incorrect. However all these years I was under the impression that I was a Lifetime member. Go figure, Jenny is a sales organisation after all . I referred a colleague from my work who visited the Sydney City Center and was not impressed by the staff and I was encouraging her to give it more time. Sadly she & I have now opted to another programme which has no membership fee and $50 cheaper & you do not have to buy your own extras.

Thank you for your feedback. Please note our lifetime memberships were not offered after 2005. We apologise for any confusion caused with the membership types throughout your time on the Jenny Craig program. As an expired platinum member, you are currently eligible to upgrade to our Premium program for only $99 (normally $249). Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.No you lost me Jenny, why send out letters reminding customers that they are Platinum Member without first checking, why not a letter reading your Platinum is due to expire ? Why wasn't I advised of this when I made my appointment ? I have 2 colleagues who joined when I did who were also told they were Lifetime members. They will be writing reviews shortly