Jif Cream

Jif Cream

Pros

• Effective at removing tough stains

• Great value for money

Cons

• The new formula is less concentrated

• Smell

Disappointed

Disappointed Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of time and money

I always used Jif, new version simply doesn’t work. I previously used mainly for cleaning a white sink, but more the black marks now remain Never will buy it again.

Purchased in April 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Photodoc

PhotodocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Jif.

Only the name is The same.
Differant bottle
Differant amount
Differant product
Made in differant country
Not the Jif that we have been buying for 30 years
It is to watered down,less small grit to clean hard stains

Boycot this Jif

Purchased at Coles for $5.00.

Janak

JanakGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Now new and useless

Got our new jiff today. Sleek bottle and 500ml instead of 375ml. Had old one to compare.. this product has been severely watered down.. lighter colour and way thinner than old jiff.. Won't be buying it again as doesnt clean like it used to...don't know why when there is a great product its "improved and revamped"...

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $4.00.

leasecleannewcastle

leasecleannewcastleNew South Wales

Lease Clean Newcastle loves jif

Lease Clean Newcastle uses Jif .As a professional cleaning service we have tried many projects over the years.Lease clean Newcastle use Jif because it works.As a cleaning product it's fabulous.

Purchased in May 2010.

Marion

MarionBanora Point

Do not like the new Jif!

I've been using Jif for years and loved it. However it's recently been 'upgraded.' New container, new product, and I don't like it at all. The new Jif doesn't seem to have the muscle of the old Jif and it seems I have to use twice as much for half the result. Perhaps that's the purpose.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles.

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Jif, once excellent is now hopeless

I have used Jif for about 40 years because it was effective and gentle. Recently the formula has changed so that it simply does not work on my normal use which was great in the past. Firstly thought it must be me. No. It simple does not work anymore. What on earth have you done to reduce a great product to this standard? Please return to the past formula. I really miss it.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Fran

FranPerth, WA

Not anymore

Since the recent inclusion of environmentally destructive Microplastics into your creamy Jiff cleanser, which comes at a time when the general public are more informed, I and all my close contacts will no longer be buying this product.

Sleepless in Brisbane

Sleepless in BrisbaneBrisbane

AT LAST A NEW LID OPENING WHICH DOESN'T CLOG.

If you use Jif cream cleanser you're in for a nice surprise! The makers of the container have re-designed the lid and it no longer blocks. No more hunting for skinny sharp tools to gouge the congealed Jif out. This new design is soooo much better. I've been battling Jif for years unclogging it and now there's one less annoying little problem in my life. Thank you makers of Jif! Hope you like it as much as I do. The product itself is still the same and works really well. cheers Dianne.

Purchased in July 2020.

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Looking for a different product

I have used jif cream for over 20 years there has never been a better cleaner however the new watery product is absolutely useless doesn’t clean like the old jif

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths.

saphire

saphireAdelaide

Brilliant for soap scum and practically anything else!

Extremely pleased with this product. My family have used this product over generations and it still does an amazing job at removing soap scum on tile and glass. Its great for removing stains without much scrubbing. I've used sugar soap on the shower glass and tile for the past couple of years and it requires much more effort to scrub in order to get it clean but now that I've gone back to Jif it's clear that it is still the best cleaning product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $3.00.

Rebecca M.

Rebecca M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

New smell and Texture. No thanks.

I have used Jif forever. Actually over 30 years and I recently purchased Jif to be sincerely disappointed. It’s now watery texture and changed smell have put me off. I even went to the extent of comparing a Jif dated 2018 to a 2019.. no match for the 2018. I will be looking for something else now. Bring back the old Jif.

Purchased in January 2020 at Munno Para Foodland for $3.99.

Snoopy

Snoopy

Still the best cleaning product

Been using this product for long time, great cleaning product however the one I purchased recently is quite watery, my last one (old version?) was much thicker, double amount used for same result compare to my last one.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Reject Shop for $3.00.

Martin

MartinTasmania

Lid problems.

I too used to get very frustrated with the lid clogging up, until I had my epiphany and realised it is so easy to unscrew the lid and just soak it in warm water for a few minutes and rinse, problem solved. It's not hard to unscrew. Jif is the best, and I use it in numerous cleaning applications, especially the shower recess, as I know it won't scratch the glass.

Purchased in July 2019.

Audrey Robinson

Audrey RobinsonNorth-East, TAS

Jif Cream top

This is my idea for a new top I have been using for years.....the top is from a popular detergents top great and never clogs up far better than you top you may like my idea .....Audrey Robinson Scottsdale Tasmania

Purchased in August 2019.

Jif stains

I used jif to clean black stone tiles on the floor after the door pooped and now the black tiles have a white stain on them. How do I get rid of it?

Purchased in September 2018.

Peta

Peta

Miracle worker

I recently caused what looked like irreversible damage to a marble top vanity by using another cleaner and was told I would have to replace the unit as I'd tried every product available to remove the murky white stains that Bam left on it. Not thinking it would work, I hit it with Jif and lo and behold it removed every single stain perfectly. Jif was literally the only product that could remove the marks. Impressive.

Purchased in April 2018.

SFB

SFBSprington SA

The absolute best

I’ve tried heaps of cream cleansers & Jif would have to be the “ducks guts” of all cleaners, it shifts dirt, fat, grease & grime magically... truely amazing with a subtle perfume... kind to your hands & does not scratch surfaces like many other products I’ve used in the past

Perfect cleaner

I used this to wash bathroom.Hard stain can be easily removed with little scrubbing. It's odor friendly, not like bleach smell. It is not harsh like other toilet cleaner. PERFECT CLEANER!

Good , but have some suggestions

Its a very good cleaner. I like to use it daily basis. Only the problem is packing should be upside down and transparent as this is creamy and thick. Its difficult to come out when quantity remain less

The only cleaning product that works on tough stains

I had tried everything to remove stains from toilet bowl left by previous occupants. I finally tried Jif and it was amazing! I can't believe I didn't think to try it sooner it came of easily after weeks of scrubbing and soaking with everything else I could possibly think of. Yay for Jif an oldie but a goodie.

Jan T.asked

I used to be able to buy Chlorogene hydrogenised bleach in Christchurch but here in Gisborne it's impossible.
We do not have a New WOrld here which is where I purchased it mostly in Chch.

LjA W.
LjA W.

Heya there is a spa pool type shop in Petone, Wellington (that I go to and get the Queen of all bleach products its called Clorodux Bleach) and it is the Clorogene factory shop http://www.clorogene.co.nz/ I would suggest giving them a call
04 568 5530. Their products are cheap as chips and they are really friendly and helpful they'd probably sort something out for you they sell a lot of products there including something called clor-o-gene which may be different to what you're looking for but I can highly recommend Clorodux the strong one is $12 (was?) for 5 litres!! It leaked a little in my car once so you need to keep it upright. There is a weaker kind for households, I'm a cleaner and use the strong one watered down when doing a big move in job or new job that needs extra initial oompfh. Good also when washing the rags brings them out brand new again. But I am very careful with it and rinse it off well, use masks etc. etc. (I don't know them or work for them just love the Clorodux couldn't live without it now)

Jan T.

Hey LjA W! Thanks for your knowledgeable reply. Yes, the clor-o-gene is the one I used to use.... I will give you a laugh by telling you why I miss it so much. I am sure it was recommended to me by the Dental School in Dunedin in 1974 when I was 24. I was very goofy and through them I decided to have all my top teeth out (not even a 'filling' there!) Something I have never regretted, I might add. Clorogene states its okay for dentures on the bottle...Haha! ( I am sure you have a grin on your face as you read this! ) I have used it all these years until I got to Gisborne. I did email the company and they suggested I get a local dairy to get it in which I did. I used their 6 bottles up and didnt like to ask them again to restock as I rarely bought anything else there. I have bought Steradent since but it doesnt do as good a job. so I may get in contact with the company again and see what I can do.
I really do appreciate your letter LjA and thank you for going to the trouble. As an ancedote to this story I so regret moving here 4 years ago. I miss Christchurch terribly but too old now to up sticks & move again!
As for the Clorodux - it might 'melt' my denture completely if it's so good! Haha!!! But it obviously is a great product and you sound like a fantastic worker by the way, going out of your way to use the Best for your job.
Kindest regards
Janice T

Jack r

Jack rasked

hey is it possible to remove jif from a carpet I had accidentally used it to remove a mark but ended up wit a stain from the jif

Varshinee I.

Varshinee I.asked

Can I use Jif cream cleanser for cleaning oily dishes? is it safe?

Hi there, Jiff is an abrasive and could damage the dish. You'd need to be really gentle. If I knew what kind of oil it is I might have a better idea. I have two cats and I feed them in glass bowls. When the meat sticks to the glass, I soak then then use a teaspoon of jiff and a paper towel and the kangaroo meat easily washes off. Cerapol is finer than Jiff. I use it to clean my glass stove top and it doesn't mark the glass. Hope this helps. Cheers Dianne.

Get an answer from our members and Jif representatives

Features:

Jif Cream Cleaner rids your surfaces of even the toughest dirt without the need for harsh scratching so you can get better results without damaging your surfaces. It penetrates and removes stubborn dirt, grease, burnt food and limescale so you can enjoy a shiny finish.

This product is available in Original Fresh or Lemon Fresh fragrance options. When using, you should apply the product with a damp, soft cloth then wipe clean and rinse. Avoid prolonged rubbing on a sharp spot and firmly close the cap after use.

Jif Cream Cleanser is recommended for use on many surfaces including sinks, taps, cooktops, benchtops and more.

Ingredients:

This creamy formula contains ingredients to lift dirt from surfaces such as surfactants, polishing particles that remove stains, alkalis that break up grease and perfume for a fresh smell.

Usage Instructions:

This product is suitable for:

Kitchen: Stove top, kitchen sink, countertop, metal exhaust fan, kitchen tiles and refrigerator door.

Bathroom: Washbasin, ceramic toilet seats, bathroom tiles, bathtub, shower and water faucet.

Other household surfaces: Enamel, ceramics, porcelain, stainless steel, concrete floor, marble floor, chrome, glass and mirror.

Do not use on surfaces such as linoleum, computer & TV screens, delicate surfaces and non-stick utensils/items.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviewers were impressed with how effectively Jif Cream Cleanser removes tough stains and soap scum. One common point of complaint was the fact that the new formula is more diluted than the previous formula, meaning users have to use more product now to achieve the same results.

CategoryAll Purpose Cleaners