VIC, WA, SA, etc...

Quoted $6k For A Gas Leak After Charging $500 Just To Turn Up

Stay clear. Complete rip off! I will never use this company for anything after this experience. Jim's Plumbing quoted me $6k to get a gas leak fixed and I got somebody else to do it - complete with Certificate of Compliance (just in case anybody's wondering) from Local Pro for $2k. Jim's Plumbing also tell you it's a fixed fee of $120 for a call out, which is fine. I agreed to that over the phone. But then when they get there, they then tell you it's another $330 just to do an inspection or they can't do any work! Basically, they sent me an invoice for $500 just to have the guy turn up and give me a quote for $6k. I was absolutely furious. I declined their quote and told them it would all be going in their social media review.

pugsly667

pugsly667Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

• VIC

Money for jam - tried to rip me off blind.

AndyPerth, WA

• WA

BEWARE!

I was charged $900 for a weekday, daytime plumbing callout in suburban Perth. To check a gas heater for a possible leak, 15 minute job, no parts supplied.
I sent a complaint to Jim's company online service. Still waiting for any reply, 7 days now.
Beware!

AndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a great service

Invoice number 770629
The plumber arrived on time but I already had the job under control The young Plummer was well mannered & respectful would I recommend this service YES thank you for attending

Thanks Peter

Customer Service M.Jim’s Plumbing

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our dedicated team of technicians are always on hand to ensure you receive a prompt and reliable service every time. Kind Regards, Jim's Plumbing 770629

Rachel

RachelAdelaide

Awesome service

Koasta from Jims plumbing was incredible. He fixed my taps while my toddler talked his ear off. What amazing service. Highly recommend. Best customer service from a business ive ever received!!

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Helpful!

Gave Jim's Plumbing a call and the nice lady that answered my call was able to arrange someone to come to my place after hours, and Peter came to my place. He was very helpful, informative and are upfront about all the things I need to know for my bathroom plumbing after assessing my bathroom for a bit.

Thanks again, Peter!

Margie

Margie

Hot water replacement

Terry, from Jim s plumbing, with his knowledge & work skills. Explanation of problem with issues with solar panels and advice regarding installation of gas continuous flow hot water system excellent.

Customer Service M.Jim’s Plumbing

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our technicians are extremely proactive to ensure long term solutions are provided. We find that explaining the process being undertaken gives our Customers peace of mind. Kind Regards, Jim's Plumbing. 769853

KPL

KPLMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Job 769200 (19/11/19)

Awesome within the hour service! Same day total installation of a complete new toilet to replace our 1973 nightmare lav that was dead in the water. Joe (SA western) provided a full fixed price quote, did everything he needed to do, and the new toilet was in. A tidy and methodical professional I'd highly recommend and use again if required, installing a new toilet so quickly when we needed a new one. My grateful thanks!

RogerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Jim's aka as Metropolitan plumbing - VERY, VERY ++++++++ Expensive!!!

Arranged for Jim's plumbing to quote for a job, turns out they are actually Metropolitan plumbing. The job was to redirect hot and cold pipes from above the sink as under sink connections 500mm away. Everything was exposed and accessible, a simple cut and weld job with basic under-sink connections - the cabinet maker advised from previous jobs the price would be @$150, whereas Jims/Metropolitan plumbing wanted $590 for a 30min job. So deal with these companies if you don't mind be price gouged, but if you do don't waste your time with them.

Raj

RajSouth East Queensland, QLD

• QLD

Plumbing work Sinnamon Park by Rhys

Rhys did such a fantastic job, we would highly recommend him to friends and neighbours.
he was so friendly and explained all the details of the job and provided the quote before starting job .

Gas bbq fitting.

Kostas did a fantastic job connecting my natural gas bbq to mains supply.
He was very professional and fussy. He takes pride in his work and ensured that he delivered a quality job.

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Review of Paul A
Phoned Jim's Plumbing and found the lady on the phone was courteous towards me and arranged a plumber to call me.
Paul A contacted me and arrived on time as promised, polite and knew his products.
His Job was done in a timely manner.
I would highly recommend Paul's workmanship.

Update: HWS fitment

After Paul A removed our Hot Water Service, Peter C came promptly with the new unit and fitted it. He took the the time to explain each step of the process in a language I could understand.

Thanks for the good service guys.

Jon

JonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Excellent advice, service and job completion!

Had Kosta around this afternoon. Arrived within time window.
Had been left in lurch by another plumber.
Great advice and excellent job.
Very happy with all aspects of the job.

tara

taraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Block sewer piont

Daniel was grate when he turn up he explain everything that need to be and did the job excellent. I would recommend to anyone to give him a call.

Customer Service M.Jim’s Plumbing

Thank you for your fantastic review. The knowledge and expertise that our technicians have is second to none and we are pleased to hear that we were able to resolve your issue in a timely manner. Kind Regards, Jim's Plumbing 767447

Ken G

Ken GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service

Daniel came to the door examined the job,when done described in detail so i could understand. Was very nice and handled everything very well for us, thank you dan mate!

Customer Service M.Jim’s Plumbing

Thank you for your positive review. Attention to detail and ensuring our Customers understand the process is of high importance to us. We are pleased to know that you are happy with the service we provided. Kind Regards, Jims Plumbing

andrew c.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Go elsewhere

First experience with Jim's and never again. Called to fix a leak near water meter (replace a pressure releasing valve), took the risk to pay the call out fee (which others dont charge), quoted $900 for a half an hr job with a $50 part. Pulled the tradie up on the price and he was lost for words. Issue was fixed the next day by a local plumber for $160 and took him 25mins. Stay away from this company.

andrew c.

So 6 plumbers quoted between $160-$300 with pictures provided and supplying a fully approved valve. Stop making excuses for your over quoting customers.

Customer Service M.Jim’s Plumbing

6 plumbers quoted? The valve alone quoted is $490 without pipe alternations and material.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Leaking Flexi-hose under laundry sink

Daniel was prompt and very clear in what was wrong and also what we would need to do to stop this occurring again. Fixed price quoting before work commences makes everything really clear.

Diane Cowie

Diane CowieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hot water service

Did a solar water service by 2 of Jim's plumbers finest. Daniel and Paul did a complete service and explained any problems and fixed them. Will thoroughly recommend them to others.

• WA

Extortionate pricing for leaking tap

James E was on time, tidy, quoted clearly and did a solid job! I will never use a Jims service again however due to above market pricing. I did not expect to pay $622 (incl. call out fee) to stop a leaking bathroom basin tap. Plumbers have since asked to see the quote to try get a better understanding of what was actually charged for. I trusted the Jims brand and feel disappointed by this.

Adrian

AdrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick, fast and timely

Chris D. #766299 did a great job for us out here in our new tenancy. Fast and reliable service. He answered all my questions with informative information. Really appreciate the honesty.

Jacquie

Jacquieasked

Just one question, who owns Jim's Plumbing Adelaide because there are some things you need to know about your plumbers and staff. Could I please have an email address and phone to contact the owner?

mickey
mickey

Apparently, Jim’s Plumbing Adelaide is the *only* licensee for the plumbing side of Jim’s... a deal apparently forged back at the origins of the Jim’s franchise organisation.

All the vans & drivers are employees of Adelaide, hence you’re not paying the guy who does the work, your paying the Adelaide overlord and his costs too. Hence the ridiculous pricing of parts & labour.
Legally, they’re ok, as they make the upfront charges clear when you book, but say nothing about the lack of basic customer rights, or overpriced incurred charges.

Never again. Ever. More than twice the highest estimate I had prior - and they broke existing fixtures - charged me to perform.a temporary fix - which I’ll have to find some more $$ to repair in the future!

John O.
John O.

These guys charge like QCs

THEY WONT BE GETTING MY M0NEY

Colin

Colinasked

How can you justify a bill for $640 to replace a pressure relief valve in 45 minutes? This appears a disgraceful rip off. How do you justify charging this amount? Please do not reply by stating that I agreed to the charge. That is not the point. The valve retails at less than $200, much less at Bunnings, making your non urgent visit with a call out charge of $73 a labour cost in the order of $480 an hour. - please justify.

ITS A RIP OFF

Kathy D.

I will never go with them again...

Michael

Was quoted $690 for a tempering valve replacement. Didn't feel right so did not proceed, just paid him the callout fee which was $183. After reading feedbacks here I think I got away lightly.

Mel Sasked

Where can I get some clarification on a job I had done please

fred f
fred f

What plumbing job have you done?

A toilet replacement