Joie Mirus

See the Best 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Adequate but not great value

After having four older children, we knew what we were looking for in a pram when we unexpectedly took care of a baby. Pros like us need the following:

Easy folding: It's not simple initially but once you get the hang of it it's not bad.
All in one piece and fits easily in the boot: Yes to both.
Basket space: Medium sized storage but falls apart with any weight.
Reversible handle: Easy to accomplish and done in the usual way.
Nice big sun hood: Pulls over almost all the way.
Not too unsightly: Love the colour.
Reclines: Yes.
Easy to clean: Bit fiddly.
Bub can sit comfortably: My bubba kept slipping down as the fabric on the seat is slippery. There's no crotch strap support attached to the front bar either. So basically it's just the baby hanging down into harness. Not comfy. I actually felt guilt when we needed to use this pram.
Steers easily: Wheels either all over the place or going in a straight line and not moving at all.
Somewhere to put your purse and your phone: No. and forget trying to hang your bag somewhere.
Value for money: No. Not at all.

Would I recommend it? No. I sold it because it was a major hassle. What would I buy instead? Safety 1st Tote Stroller Travel System at Target. Cheaper and ticks most of the boxes.

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting for $280.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Disappointing

There are a lot of positives about this pram but unfortunately my general feeling is that its really poorly made. I had the wheels replaced because the brakes stopped working (after my son had a massive crash!). However I've noticed that all the buttons and moving parts are very stiff, ie. the belly bar gets jammed a LOT. Overall, I would not recommend it, much to my disappointment.

Purchased in May 2018 for $350.00.

Manoeuvrability

Would be perfect if not for wheels

I was specifically looking for a pram that is lightweight, easy to use, while still being good quality that also had a reversible handle. This pram pretty much checked all those boxes. It weighs about 7kg and I can easily lift it with one hand. I can also close and open it with a push of a button, whereas with other prams, I really struggle to open and close them. There is also a reversible handle, which I love because it allows me to use in parent facing mode while bub is still young and then turn her around when we're ready. The handle is also very easy to reverse. The big let down with this pram is, as others have mentioned, in parent facing mode, it's hard to push as the wheels don't work properly, and I keep kicking the back of the pram. It is a shame, because if it wasn't for this, this would be the perfect pram to see me through the next 5 years. But as it stands, this is fairly useless in parent facing mode, which is what I need it for the most currently. A general word of advice to first time mums, please do your research on prams or you will end up with 5 different ones you don't like.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $299.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Worst stroller

The stroller when moving forward works well but when using the reversible side it is not at all smooth and does not go straight, plus the tyres got bent in only the second use .

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby & Toddler Town for $200.00.

Suitable for RunningNo

These went on very easily and the instructions for assembly/use are very detailed and ...

Had the stroller for about 3 months now. The stroller came mostly assembled with just the wheels to attach. These went on very easily and the instructions for assembly/use are very detailed and easy to understand. The stroller is very easy to move with swivel wheels at the front (that can be fixed in place) and breaks on both front and back wheels. The handle bar can be adjusted at the push of a button so that you either face your baby or have him facing forward which is excellent. However, when facing the baby, i find the handle slightly to low for me (5ft 8inches tall) and i tend to kick the wheels when I walk. Perhaps a handle that was height adjustable could improve the design? I also found the stroller very easy to collapse and open with one hand so you can hold baby in one hand and fold/unfold stroller with the other. Its also very light and can be lifted in and out of car with one hand. Rain cover fits over the whole pram and is easy to fit. The recline settings are good and very easy to adjust without disturbing a sleeping baby. My baby is 4 months old and it is perfect for him but I also plan on using it for baby number 2 from newborn. Over all, very happy with the stroller

Didn't work for me

A couple of things that I really liked about it was the very light weight and the super easy folding, other than that it wasn't the perfect choice for us, bubby didn't like it and generally me neither, the narrow space between the back wheels were not comfortable while pushing it and also when the handle was reversed the steering was very awkward. I ended up with buying another pram.

Top notch and fantastic price

Purchased this years ago based upon price point ($99), easy of use (folding, lifting, space, storage, maneuverability), light weight, and the ability to flip reverse the stroller to facing/away.
Absolutely the best stroller for it's price point, both on sealed paths or rocky ones, the weight (light) has been amazing (esp not being strong), and doesn't take up much boot space.
Has been a dream, and we're still using it to this day!

Great

I have been using Mirus for my boy since he was born until now(2 years). It has been working well, easy to fold, light weight. I can travel with my boy by the bus or train easily-. However , it is hard to roll when convert handle to rear, feel like the wheels stuck.

Not too good

I bought this pram for my 1 month old baby after reading all reviews and i needed one with reverse handle. But not too happy with my purchase, the biggest fault is i cant manouvre/move properly and easily with reverse handle mode bcoz tge 360 degree swivle wheels come to back and the front wheels dont turn 360 degree. The secobd biggest fault is my legs keep on hitting the wheels and i keep on trying/ feeling to move on side of pram and push. The pram is said to be light weight but seems quite heavy to me while moving it in abd out of car. Besides the only good thing is The ease to fold and open.

Best purchase I ever made

I saw this at the baby and toddler expo before it got to Australia while pregnant with my first baby and I couldn’t get over how easy and straightforward it was to use and collapse
I’m very pragmatic so the practicality of this stroller appealed greatly to me loves the one handed collapsing feature and the multipurpose conversation of the system my girls are older now but we still use it now and then for our youngest.

Our child loves this pram

The only thing to complain about is the silly instruction book that's 50 plus pages long and mix from pictured to written instructions. The pram is a good price entery and has a great turn on the wheels. The other small issue is the handle could be a little longer for those with longer arms like me

Hard to assemble & wobbals

We got the redish version of this pram & The pram is a good entery level for price but the only issues are putting the wheels and parts together as the manual was 60+ confusing pages with pictures at the start and English at the back and was printed on normal a4 not in a booklet! The second issue is it's shocking while walking at normal pace it wobbals left right an lastly the handle is to low for me I keep almost kicking the back of the pram so over all good for price and looks but sucks on assembly and walking

Very good for the price

We chose this pram because it was 1. within our budget 2. Lightweight 3. I can fold and unfold it using one hand (it was tricky holding a baby and doing this in my old pram)
I noticed though that it is not as heavy duty as I want when we went to Ashcombe maze, it was difficult to use it in non concrete paths. I wish the wheels were bigger and more sturdy- that would have made it perfect.

Good stroller

Is it easy to maneuver? Yes it has great capacity to maneuver
How easy is it to fold, unfold and carry? Very easy to fold unfold and carry it's the easiest I could imagine a stroller could get.
Are you happy with the build quality? Yes very happy overall one thing that was a little disappointing is the wheels and inner lining. The wheels are not what you get on a pram and the lining doesn't fit my little one yet.

Does a pretty good job for a cheap run-around pram

We bought this hoping it would suit a newborn all the way through to toddler. No real need for offroad solutions just walking around the park and on footpaths. It did the trick but it wasn't perfect - the settings to lay back were limited, the wheels don't run too smoothly and it wasn't too long before we upgraded a little more to something that would work harder for us and manage grassy terrain a bit more efficiently.

Not bad value for money if you want a more cost effective solution but an example of getting what you pay for. An extra $100 saw us with a much more superior model.

Bad

Horrible do not recommend!! Bad steering when reversed handle. also Your feet hit the wheels.
Very disapointed, but other than that its actually good light to cary easy to fold. Love the idea of reversed handles but its horrible, nice colour & little storage at the bottom. Its great when facing the handle foward but i like to keep an eye on my newborn.

Not great, not awful

Pros : very lightweight - I've carried it up and down flights of stairs with my baby in it easily, compact and easily folded - I've folded and put in the boot with baby in one arm, folds upright which is handy, reversible handle - quick and easy and easy to manoeuvre when outward facing, compatible with capsules, lies almost flat and one side of the belly bar can be removed, so you can change nappies if needed, relatively affordable (I bought for $330 at Baby Bunting but you can find up to $100 cheaper online).

Cons : materials feel cheap and not particularly sturdy, harder to manoeuvre in parent - facing mode, taller people will kick the wheels when walking, small wheels mean they can get caught on imperfect terrain, baby is quite far from you when lying down without capsule (which means during the newborn period they can't see you as they can only see about 20cm away).

Would I get this again or recommend to friends/family? No, probably not.

Affordable and meets the needs of new parents

easy to fold with just a push of a button, and assembling it took me less than 10 minutes. Will be really helpful for new parents as myself as it fits the bill for a first time parent wanting to get the best available product for their baby. Would recommend it to anyone

Great light weight pram

I bought this pram for my second child, i was looking for something that was light, easy to maneuver, compact but looked nice. This pram gave me all of these features and more. Being light weight is what drew me to this pram after the first pram i had was so heavy. I love the reverse handles, even though my boy is now 18 months i still use it when walking to move the sun off him. Great pram, so glad i found it

Great compact pram

This pram is light and compact. Very easy to fold/unfold with just one hand. We even brought this overseas. However when you use it as reverse facing, it is a bit tricky to maneuver because the wheels at the back which will be at the front for reverse facing is non swivel. I read from other reviews before I purchased this, if your taller, your feet might keep hitting the wheels as you walk. I'm short and petite and yes it does sometimes if I'm walking too fast and big steps. Overall it's a great pram, lightweight and compact, great for on the go.

Hi, I bought this stroller second hand and the seat pad really needs a wash! I’ve managed to detach all of the bottom straps from the base but the top appears to be stuck. I don’t know why all the bottom pieces would have elastic bits to detach them if the top can’t be detached. Please help?
You need to detach the metal frame for top of the seat- there are three individual frames (one for the seat and two for the hood). I used a flathead screwdriver to pry open the tabs where the end of the metal pole goes in...do this carefully, you don't want to snap the tab. Just pry it open slightly and pull the metal end out. Hope that helps!

How do I take the wheels off the joie reversible pushchair?
Red or Jade colour Joie Mirus: For the front wheels: There is a silver button at the back where the wheel & frame engage. Back wheels: Silver button on the side (inside) of each wheel where it meets the frame. Grey colour Joie Mirus (new model with a hand brake): Front: As above Rear: Cannot be removed.

Does anyone have used this pram on cobblestones? I am looking at this for a stroller for holidays in Europe. Thanks.

Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Seating Type Single
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 17.5 kg
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Locking Front Wheels, Reversible Handle, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Weight7.5 kg