Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen

Not happy

Drawers are very stiff. Everything was difficult to build. Ikea so much easier to build the cabinets. Drawers were smooth from the start. Kaboodle didn’t even have the right size screws for the handles, made them extremely difficult to put on door and drawer fronts

Poor quality.

My partner and I purchased a “C” shaped bench tops and cupboards and 2 months after installation one of the joins is starting to bubble. I contacted Bunnings and kaboodle only to be told water and moisture damage is covered under warranty due to Not being a manufacturer fault. I asked why they didn’t laminate the cuts and was told that it’s not ideal and wouldn’t prevent moisture getting in. When installing these bench tops I followed the instructions and applied the glue and bolts as per instructions and yet moisture still got in. Kaboodle haven’t offered any advice only to replace damaged bench tops at my cost. The cuts should have been sealed or at the least information stating how to prevent moisture getting in. We are left with no option but to escalate this to the consumer affairs ombudsman for faulty workmanship.

Kaboodle Lacks Respect.

We have been booked on a Kaboodle Information night. To get there in time I have had to take time off work. Kaboodle has all of our contact details but not once did they pay us any respect in advising the time had changed. If this is how they start the process I think I will take the advice of the majority of reviews and avoid any further dealing with them.

AVOID!!!! No quality control, poor customer service

I ordered a Kaboodle kitchen with ‘sugar sorbet’ cupboard doors. On arrival one of the doors was broken, side panels were the wrong size and a couple of drawer runners were missing. Clearly there is no one checking the orders before delivery. To save time waiting for another new delivery my project manager went back to Bunnings to exchange the door, panels and pick up missing door runners which went ok. A couple of weeks after installation we noticed some of the cupboard doors were a different colour with a mottling effect coming through. The project manager rang Bunnings who said to take photos as they have no staff to come and look at any problems. Photos did not really show the extent of the problem but some were sent. Kaboodle said they don’t have any service people to fix anything so the project manager was meant to take back doors and panels which meant disassembling the kitchen then get replacements and reassemble everything. After protest the project manager asked for their kitchen installer to come out and redo parts of the kitchen with new doors and panels....Still waiting but hopefully next week. The benchtop measure and installation went just fine and no problems with that ( the reason why I gave them 2 stars)
The glass splashback on the other hand was not measured or maybe not cut correctly so around the window sill the glass piece is too small. The installer decided to fill this shortfall with masses of silicone presumably to try to disguise the incorrect sizing & make it fit. After a couple of weeks the silicone has started cracking. The project manager has had a difficult time getting hold of the glass subcontracting company who do the work for Kaboodle. Their attitude was that silicone cracking is normal movement. My expeerienced project manager didn’t buy their excuse as it was a new kitchen!. We are still waiting for the splashback company to contact the project manager and provide a satisfactory solution. Seems there are too many companies involved - Bunnings, Kaboodle, subcontractors with lots of buck passing and little interest in customer satisfaction or in fixing problems .. Getting all their money upfront before installation means no accountability and no interest in rectifying any issues- Lack of troubleshooting or service staff reflects their don’t care attitude. A nightmare experience particularly for the project manager!

Get what ya pay for cheap and nasty go together

Kaboodle kitchen parqetry type bench top came damaged Bunnings replaced did 7 coats of poly sealant ,six months later have 8 splits over a 5 metre benchtop 2 are a match raised in height one door comes loose every couple of days not impressed tiny kitchen and still set me back $6 grand without plumb/sparky cheap stovetop Bellini? Don’t go there elements rust if poaching or steaming s/steel top scorches with heat from elements ripped!

Good value and quality

I've used Kaboodle components on multiple occasions and haven't once experienced any of the problems commented elsewhere. The instructions are excellent, but you do need to read and follow them, as this is a DIY projects for someone who is competent and able to understand that few kitchens walls are plumb, few floors level, and few internal corners actually squared to 90°.

Don't waste your money

My Kitchen is just over 6 years old and has to be replaced because:
1) Cupboard doors are falling off
2) Tap has split and spits water everywhere
3) Water damage under the sink and the door has collapsed
4) A leaking kettle has caused the bench top to buckle

I am the only person living in the house, so the kitchen has not had a hard life.

Worst quality ever

I just bought a house built 4 yrs ago with a kaboodle kitchen and ever due appliances. In the last 2 weeks have had to replace the tap which split because of poor finishing of metal sleeve, the stove top because very low gas flow and the dishwasher as it did not fit a standard plate. Spend more for better quality, will save you in the long run

Quality of benchtops

Purchased Kaboodle benchtops not long ago but after only a couple of months they are showing alot of scratches already, Im not impressed, Has anyone else had this issue ?

It’s about the Kaboodle

After reading some of the reviews, they are directed at Bunnings and poor installation, not about the product. My husband and I completed on our own, a very large Kaboodle kitchen. After watching the videos on putting together the cabinets, we set out and completed the process with much confidence. We also glued and screwed the cabinets for extra strength. All cabinets after leveling and attaching to walls, went in perfectly. We did have a few issues with unlevel/uneven walls, but that wasn’t going to be a problem after countertops went on. Our finished kitchen was absolutely beautiful. Also a note, we liked the fact that the backs of the cupboards were extra strong and we have had no issues with stability. We had a couple of small imperfections in 2 of the door fronts but Bunnings replaced with no issues. We did have to wait 2 weeks, but that was because we picked a colour that was custom. Kaboodle kitchen products are well made. We did all our own measuring and when we went in to order, we handed over our details and product page with what we were ordering and all was delivered in 2 weeks. Overall, we saved thousands of dollars completing our kitchen with a grade AAA standard product.

Worst customer service by Kaboodle and Bunnings

Started off with a so called expert at Bunnings in Bayswater wasted 2 hours with her we had to contact her regarding the kitchen took another week to get back to me than she wasn’t confident so we had a kitchen consultant come out another wasted week put a deposit down and told the benchtop will be ready in 12 working days so had all trades booked now it won’t be ready until the 12th even though paid the deposit ages ago What an absolute nightmare we had to contact them and follow up on everything rethink going with this mob bunch of cowboys

Warning to others. Reconsider your choice

Started a small laundry in May and as of November it is not finished. Bunnings are hopeless and after they have sold you cabinetry they don't want to know you. Terrible service. You have to project manage the installation so be prepared to give up a lot of time if you don't do the sensible thing and choose a professional kitchen or laundry company. This mob is clueless.

Think hard before you spend your good money

A close friend purchased a kaboodle kitchen through a Bunnings outlet and it cost 7k to instal it. The final product is disgusting and poorly presented. The whole job is not level from doors that hang crooked, some hanging at different heights. Cupboard tops that don't join correctly. The whole installation is a total stuff up. Kaboodal and Bunning were contacted about the problem who spent hour inspecting the mess. They were apparently disappointed with the workmanship and left the friend feeling that they would be helped and the problems fixed. Latest up date is they aren't helping my friend who now has to take action through fair tradings or consumer affairs if not their own legal action through lawyers. So a total of 30k was spent on this kitchen that is a total shambles and needs a total replacement. ?Who would buy this house 'ever' with such a dodgey kitchen?????? The purchase was done in good faith and paid on time. Now they all seem to be dodging my friend.

Overpriced

Way over priced for what you get it’s crap chip board and craft wood do not buy a corner cupboard they do not fit properly leave a large gap between doors and the hinges are to weak to support door and stop it from sagging just can’t get over the price though seems way over the top 1 600 door 1 300 door and 1 corner cupboard door plus 3 lengths of kick board $750 not including the carcasses does this seem right can’t get my head around the price.

Laminate Benchtops

We used Kaboodle laminate bench tops in our very recent full kitchen renovation and it was the worst mistake we could have made. When first fitted all looked good but.within a month one bench top had started to swell and distort.We called our builder back and he lodged a warranty claim for a manufacturing fault. This was denied by Kaboodle leaving us and our builder in the lurch... very unimpressed.

Customer service disgrace

Dd not get what i ordered, glass splash back chipped,other splash back not cut to the right size,it is in three pieces, wrong hinges.Their attitude about it in special orders Bayswater, disgraceful, just excuses, Bunnings are alright for paint, nails etc, do not get anything ordered from a special Orders.They are just there to take your money, they do not care about complaints, and do not compensate for their stuff ups.

Happy with our kitchen

The only downside with a white high gloss finish kitchen is you need to keep it clean! However I knew that when we purchased so that was fine. We purchased 3 years ago, everything still looks new and we get compliments on it. The tradie didn't have any issues fitting it and we are still very happy with it. The only negative is we found the price of the accessories expensive for the corner units and I'm not that happy with the handles I chose (squared off brushed steel, not sure if these were Kaboodle or Bunnings to be fair, but they have slight rust stains and I'll probably replace) Pretty much everything was in stock immediately as far as I can remember and the specials came in as advised.

They are very slow for everything

It took more than 10 weeks, not 4-6 weeks Bunnings told me initially for the cabinets to arrive with one piece of benchtop damaged. I'm still waiting for the response about the damaged benchtop and it's has been 6 week now and haven't got an ETA of this problem. I do feel regret having chosen Bunnings Kaboodle to supply my kitchen cabinets. Will never deal with them in future. I also should have looked its reviews on productreview.com.au before I brought. Super regretful!!!

I got the replacement finally

Never again

We decided to get a kaboodle Kitchen as they looked pretty good instore, (Bunnings). It is an experience I will never repeat. My wife picked sourcream and blackberry for the colours and we were told after we had signed off on the design the kitchen would be delivered in 6 weeks. We chose stone bench tops and were told to contact them when the base units were in position and level then they would order the bench tops which could take a further 3 weeks. When the kitchen arrived I started to assemble the cabinets. The quality of the said cabinets are terrible, I did not think this chipboard still existed but obviously it did, on several occasions I could not get the screws to pull in properly as they could not grip on the very cheap and nasty chip board. It was like trying to put a screw into shredded wheat. On some of the cabinets the predrilled counter sunk holes had been done on the wrong side so the rough chipped edge was inside the cabinet instead of against the wall. The kitchen we replaced was much better quality and that was over twenty years old.

There was a couple of things wrong with the delivery like the wrong colour side panel and some incorrect hinges. We had to wait a further 6 weeks to get the right colour side panel sent out and then I have to collect the thing instore and take the wrong one back. Its a big panel 900 x 2000mm. Even though they came out and designed it, when the joiner and I were fitting it, half the time we had to make it up as we went a long. Even though they new that we would have to cut the cabinet doors down above the rangehood they did not provide and sourcream edging to cover the cheap and nasty bare chipboard. After some jiggery pokery we eventually got the kitchen in and at least on the surface it looks ok. So we contacted Bunnings to get the stone bench sorted as we knew it could take up to 3 weeks. They told us no problem Essential Stone will call to arrange for one of there designers to come out and measure up.

After three days we had not received a call I went instore and told the special orders desk, she told us not to worry it could take 48 hours they will probably call soon. After a week we still had not had a call so I contacted Bunnings again. This time they did look into it and I was told I had not paid a 99 dollar fee for them to come out and measure. I told them I had offered money when I spoke to special orders and they told me I pay Essential Stone direct. He said dont know why you were told that. So basically we went another week without a kitchen. The guy from Essential Stone came out 3 days later measured up and then told us we need extra support where the cooker was and the sink to prevent the stone from cracking. This was never mentioned before so we had to put these supports in place, which was not easy because the units were already in position. Before the designer for Essential Stone left he took payment in full and told us the stone bench would be fitted in two weeks. After 3 more weeks I went into Bunnings again to ask what was going on and they called Essential Stone.

After speaking to someone on the phone she told me that I would be contacted direct by Essential Stone. The next day they called to inform me that the stone would be delivered and fitted on the 18 October which was another 2 weeks away. I asked why it will take 6 weeks instead of 3 and was told that they were relocating and behind on production. So all in all we have gone nearly 3 months without a kitchen the amount of money we have spent on takeaways we could have bought a custom designed one which would have been installed in a week. We have not been offered any compensation from either Bunnings or Essential Stone. So my advice is if you need a new kitchen stay well clear from Bunnings and Essentila Stone. As I am writing this the stone bench tops are still not fitted so I am hoping there are no further problems, but I'm sure you can understand when I say I am not over confident that there wont be.

Bunnings hopeless

It took over two months and three incorrect different benchtop deliveries before Bunnings could finally deliver the right kaboodle benchtop.