Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kaboodle kitchen ads

Please fix the poor grammar in your ad. This is Australia, not the USA. The correct response to "you have done a good job" is "yes, we have" NOT "yes, we did"!!

Kaboodle design does not comply with regulations and fails a compliance audit

We engaged the services of the Bunnings in home kitchen design and had our kitchen planned out. The kitchen was installed as per these plans. When our kitchen was randomly selected for a gas compliance audit, our kitchen failed as the design did not allow the required 650mm from the top of the gas cook top to the rangehood. Based on the plans and products supplied, this situation could not have been avoided. The issue was a design fault. This voids the rangehood warranty and voids our house insurance. We are currently in the process of removing the rangehood cabinet and replacing it with a smalled cabinet to meet the compliance requirements. This is one of the many, many problems that we encounter with the purchase of a Kaboodle kitchen. As this issue is a design flaw, we expect there would be innumerous Kaboodle kitchens installed in houses across Australia that are not compliant with regulations.

Cupboard replacement

Thanks Kaboodle for replacing my discoloured cabinet doors. Easy communication, fuss free now all my doors match. Fast delivery didn't make me feel stupid and didn't give me a hard time

Excellent choice for a rental house

After reading all the review here on Kaboodle, I need to say something on my Kaboodle kitchen installation for my rental house. I ordered my kitchen thru Bunnings Chatswood and they sent out Dave to my place for a quote. It was quick and he showed me the kitchen design after the measuring my kitchen. I was surprised by his professionalism and he was always contactable during installation regarding delivery and choosing installers. The delivery came in two shipments and they did not miss a thing. The handles they charged was $8.5 each and I spent $100+ on handles I didn't like so I refunded them and bought nicer one on ebay for $18. The benchtop initially took 3 weeks to cut but was delivered in 1.5 week. Luckily, I found my kitchen installer who installed over a 1000 kitchens for kitchen companies and he was very good at installation and carpentry. He spent four half days to get it installed and he said the quality of the flat pack kitchen is better than Ikea. My old Ikea last 19 years as a rental so hopefully this new will last the same. I sealed all the gaps near the sink as it is a laminate benchtop. The overall result was good and I spent $4000 on the kitchen, $900 for installer, $250 for plumbing and estimate $500 on electrical connection. With better appliances bought elsewhere, the whole kitchen renovation was a lot cheaper than original $15000 quoted by kitchen companies (on cabinets, demo, tiling, installation), which didn't include plumbing/electrical each at extra $900-$3000 per trade. The whole project saved me at least $10000, only that I need to organise it myself for organizing workman on Airtasker, so Kaboodle is great solution if you need a kitchen for rental. If you are looking for a kitchen which last for a long time and less hassle plus you are willing to put money in, go for a designer kitchen.

Time spent on the kitchen:
from order to 1st delivery about 2 weeks
1-2 weeks on benchtop
Installed, plumbing/electrical
Overall time on the kitchen: 5 weeks
MUST: Book appointment with consultant for a home consultation and put in order on the spot, it saved me so much time and let them do the measurement. Ask them the availability on cabinets and benchtops. Some takes much longer to order. Also find a good kitchen installer, not a handyman or a carpenter.

Unbelievably bad service

From day one I have had trouble with this new kitchen. Staff at penrith south bunnings wouldnt ring me back ( this was to start the process) paid for an expert to check my design ( who then changed my design and over ordered kick boards thanks Mick) paid for installation and had guys leaving cigarette butts in my frint yard playing loyd radio while I was home didnt instal correctly paid for a plumber which I think a child could do a better job. So far: corner cupboard door came loose which I fixed put in 2 door cupboard when I ordered 3 drawer cupboard ( hopefully being fixed shortly) all doors soft close except small drawer set ( this will be fixed soon hopefully) edge of kitchen bench not sealed at install tap has leakwd twice already as not installed correctly cupbords were left filthy and sawdust left in behind appliances staff member at penrith st bunnings admitted everyone involved in the kitchen were at fault please fix this shoddy job and get out of my life do not recommend Kaboodle, Bunnings Sth Penrith or Pro installations excepy Paul who has done a great job fixing problems

Waiting for 3 months so far

I have been waiting on benchtops since April. Its now July. Our order was lost. Staff at bunnings had no idea what was happening. We didnt start to get some action until I lost my temper but even so we still dont have benchtops and I just received a phone call to say that they have gone to production but the interesting thing is no one has been here to make the templates so how can it be true that they have gone to production? I was told in the phone call that the benchtops will be here to be installed in 20 workings days. Another months time. I would not suggest using Bunnings for Kaboodle Kitchens and really wish I had gone elsewhere. Heaven knows when I will get my benchtops.

Don't go for a Kaboodle kitchen - you get what you pay for!! Cheap and nasty!!

We spent around $12,000 and are so disappointed with the results. The pine wood in the panels is cheap and of poor quality. We received a fridge panel with water damage. We got 2 replacements which were also damaged. In the end, we just accepted it and my dad painted the marks so we wouldn't have to wait any longer. One of the doors fell off. As the hinge came straight out of the pine wood. We also had to order another panel as it got damaged by the builder. Because the pine wood in the panels is so brittle it just broke when he tried to install it. This piece took 3 months to be delivered. And once again it is damaged. They obviously don't have quality control and employ useless couriers that don't care about the product they are delivering. I would NOT recommend Kaboodle kitchens. You are better to pay a bit more for a professional kitchen company to take care of everything including installation. As it is a big investment and will affect the resale value of your home!

Big drawers are great

I installed a couple of tall pantries to add some kitchen storage and it all went together easy enough. I wish I had installed more of the large drawers as you can really load them up with heavy stuff and you can see where everything is. I went with the soft close hinges and am happy with the quality of all the hardware and have been using it for about 6 months.

High cost, low value kitchens

We made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing a Kaboodle kitchen through Bunnings in Morayfield. Seven months later we have a near finished kitchen which is of poorer quality and design than the original installation. The cupboards are superficially attractive but made of the worst chipboard I've ever seen - it's about the consistency of a Weetbix - and the metal fittings are junk.

We paid just under $20,000 so aimed at the higher priced options all the way through and have a collection of mismatched cupboards of poor constructed, and very poorly put together. TradePro Installations are reviewed separately. Thankfully the benchtops and splashbacks are of a much higher quality and save it from being a total disaster.

If you do throw all reason aside and go with a Bunnings/Kaboodle kitchen, NEVER use the recommended installers. Always use a professional cabinetmaker or do it yourself. You'll save several thousand dollars and get a much better finish, or at least only have yourself to blame, and you know no-one is getting kickbacks.

My strong recommendation is to go elsewhere - anywhere else.

Kaboodle has no respect for their customers

Do not put in a Kaboodle kitchen
I have had this one for 6 years and it has had so many replacement parts. The corner doors drop...have replace hinges 3 times. The vinyl is peeling off under the cupboard doors ...had two replaced by Bunnings.
I have contacted Kaboodle and one man was pleasant and willing to help but the next man was so rude he had me in tears. Their customers mean little to them.
I would never buy or recommend this product EVER!!!!! If nothing is done I will be taking it to the Ombudsman or the ACCC...

Quality is not there!

This is my second kabiodle kitchen the first one was white then discoloured quite quickly, they did replace the draw and cupboard fronts with an egg white this colour is not stocked by Bunning’s only available by special order,
The second kitchen was expensive for the poor quality the doors and cupboards swelled up and delaminated,
I would not buy another one go else ware!

Supplied hardware needs updating

Installed two kaboodle kitchens recently. The quality was reasonable. If you're going to choose Kaboodle though, ask for a Cabiseal along with the rest of your hardware for the dishwasher integration.

steer clear at all costs

Kitchen/laundry purchased and put in in 2013. 4 years later half the cupboards have gone from white to a light brown/cream colour. Kabiodle wont take ownership of it, even though there’s heaps of reviews claiming the same thing.

Not happy

Drawers are very stiff. Everything was difficult to build. Ikea so much easier to build the cabinets. Drawers were smooth from the start. Kaboodle didn’t even have the right size screws for the handles, made them extremely difficult to put on door and drawer fronts

Poor quality.

My partner and I purchased a “C” shaped bench tops and cupboards and 2 months after installation one of the joins is starting to bubble. I contacted Bunnings and kaboodle only to be told water and moisture damage is covered under warranty due to Not being a manufacturer fault. I asked why they didn’t laminate the cuts and was told that it’s not ideal and wouldn’t prevent moisture getting in. When installing these bench tops I followed the instructions and applied the glue and bolts as per instructions and yet moisture still got in. Kaboodle haven’t offered any advice only to replace damaged bench tops at my cost. The cuts should have been sealed or at the least information stating how to prevent moisture getting in. We are left with no option but to escalate this to the consumer affairs ombudsman for faulty workmanship.

Kaboodle Lacks Respect.

We have been booked on a Kaboodle Information night. To get there in time I have had to take time off work. Kaboodle has all of our contact details but not once did they pay us any respect in advising the time had changed. If this is how they start the process I think I will take the advice of the majority of reviews and avoid any further dealing with them.

AVOID!!!! No quality control, poor customer service

I ordered a Kaboodle kitchen with ‘sugar sorbet’ cupboard doors. On arrival one of the doors was broken, side panels were the wrong size and a couple of drawer runners were missing. Clearly there is no one checking the orders before delivery. To save time waiting for another new delivery my project manager went back to Bunnings to exchange the door, panels and pick up missing door runners which went ok. A couple of weeks after installation we noticed some of the cupboard doors were a different colour with a mottling effect coming through. The project manager rang Bunnings who said to take photos as they have no staff to come and look at any problems. Photos did not really show the extent of the problem but some were sent. Kaboodle said they don’t have any service people to fix anything so the project manager was meant to take back doors and panels which meant disassembling the kitchen then get replacements and reassemble everything. After protest the project manager asked for their kitchen installer to come out and redo parts of the kitchen with new doors and panels....Still waiting but hopefully next week. The benchtop measure and installation went just fine and no problems with that ( the reason why I gave them 2 stars)
The glass splashback on the other hand was not measured or maybe not cut correctly so around the window sill the glass piece is too small. The installer decided to fill this shortfall with masses of silicone presumably to try to disguise the incorrect sizing & make it fit. After a couple of weeks the silicone has started cracking. The project manager has had a difficult time getting hold of the glass subcontracting company who do the work for Kaboodle. Their attitude was that silicone cracking is normal movement. My expeerienced project manager didn’t buy their excuse as it was a new kitchen!. We are still waiting for the splashback company to contact the project manager and provide a satisfactory solution. Seems there are too many companies involved - Bunnings, Kaboodle, subcontractors with lots of buck passing and little interest in customer satisfaction or in fixing problems .. Getting all their money upfront before installation means no accountability and no interest in rectifying any issues- Lack of troubleshooting or service staff reflects their don’t care attitude. A nightmare experience particularly for the project manager!

Get what ya pay for cheap and nasty go together

Kaboodle kitchen parqetry type bench top came damaged Bunnings replaced did 7 coats of poly sealant ,six months later have 8 splits over a 5 metre benchtop 2 are a match raised in height one door comes loose every couple of days not impressed tiny kitchen and still set me back $6 grand without plumb/sparky cheap stovetop Bellini? Don’t go there elements rust if poaching or steaming s/steel top scorches with heat from elements ripped!

Good value and quality

I've used Kaboodle components on multiple occasions and haven't once experienced any of the problems commented elsewhere. The instructions are excellent, but you do need to read and follow them, as this is a DIY projects for someone who is competent and able to understand that few kitchens walls are plumb, few floors level, and few internal corners actually squared to 90°.

Don't waste your money

My Kitchen is just over 6 years old and has to be replaced because:
1) Cupboard doors are falling off
2) Tap has split and spits water everywhere
3) Water damage under the sink and the door has collapsed
4) A leaking kettle has caused the bench top to buckle

I am the only person living in the house, so the kitchen has not had a hard life.