Kambrook Citrus X-Press KJ12

Kambrook Citrus X-Press KJ12

MPN: KAM-KJ12WHT

Truly Terrible

The blunt cone means you have to use considerable force and takes forever to do 4 oranges, which is ridiculous.
The filter holes are too large meaning if you want low pulp, you have to sieve the juice into a bowl which is more hassle and washing up.
The gear crunching noise as it reverses direction is horrible.
Overall, you would need less force, have less washing up, less noise and take less time if you did this manually meaning this juicer is a big fail.
My advice, save up for a Zaksenberg.

Purchased in May 2019.

Han123409x

Han123409xSydney

Smoke coming out!

Only juices half the orange as starts to overheat, lots of smoke coming out. Why cant companies make decent appliances anymore? Only used twice, will go back to my manual machine!

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $25.00.

Garry

GarryBallina

Every Day Good for a Few Years

Worked pretty good for a few years, being used every day to make 2 or 3 juices. The only problem I found is that it has a mechanism to make the rotating knob that extracts the juice, go one way then reverse and go the other way. Problem is, this broke down after a few years and so put an end to a perfectly good machine. Sad to put it in the bin with a good motor still in it.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
AW2212

AW2212Rockhampton

Works very well!

Bought last week and am very happy with it! For $19.95 I got a well-designed, functional citrus press which is easy to use, easy to clean and easy to put back together. Impressed, and can recommend it!
I use it once a week and do a lot of lemons in one go; my Myers lemon tree had lots of fruit and I have a lemon drink in the mornings.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Review collected in partnership with Kambrook

watch

watchPerth

Used for ten years each morning - simple and no problems

The Kambrook Citrus X-Press KJ12 is simple, easy to clean, easy to store, works well and it is cheap.
My answer to fresh Orange juice
I am happy as I have used the juicer for about ten years most mornings on 3 oranges with no problems.
It could be considered noisy, but I find most kitchen appliances are.
.. As a simple juicer it is good value.

Date PurchasedApr 2008

Katie L

Katie LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pretty good juicer, does its job and worth the price $17 au

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Reddel

Reddel

Adequate

I purchased this to replace a 20+ year old Philips juicer of a similar design. This one is adequate; the two different size juicing cones are handy - the old one I had only came with one size, so limes were difficult to juice, but possible with this one. This one doesn't pour accurately, so if freezing the juice in ice-cube trays, I need to pour into something else first. All in all, only OK.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good Value

After 3 years juicing 6-8 oranges daily our Kambrook has given up. We will buy a new one since we have found the juicer to be reliable and efficient. No it won't last forever but conservatively it has juiced at least 6500 oranges before carking it. Happy with that performance.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

SathyaWentworthville

No difference between this and manual ones

I do get the juice but the effort i need to take is same as the manual ones. Felt like the manual ones are more comfortable and easier compared to this machine. Otherwise it is easy to clean and simple mechanism and good price but not sure how long it will work.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
jagdish

jagdishSydney, NSW

Very handy and cute

I am very happy with the juicer. Now I can easily get fresh juice any time. It is very easy to use and can be easily cleaned. It doesn't take much space. The product is not very loud. I use it very often. My family loves the fresh orange juice make by it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

so disappointed

No does not juice all the fruit.
Very loud
You wash it
Every day, oranges
We have never found the smaller cone, cannot see it anywhere
Hard to believe Kambrook would make such a thing!! And there is no other brand to buy in the ACT
Not like you can obtain refund and buy another.
Have arthritis so difficult to hand juice fruit.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
RachelKambrook

Hi Rob, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

purge98

purge98Perth, WA

Planned obsolescence

Juicer worked fine for a few litres of orange juice but eventually the rotating mechanism just stopped. It's cheap and nasty and I suppose you get what you pay for. White plastic eventually turns a nasty yellow colour so with that and the cheap mechanism this item is not designed to last. Wouldn't buy it again.
Several reviews have commented on the same things as I have so it seems Kambrook obviously don't listen to their customers and continue to produce cheap, unreliable juicers. With some cars having 7 year warranties nowadays, and considering their complexity, there is no excuse for a simple juicer to last such a short time.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Pinto33Northern Region, NSW

Cheap rubbish

Gutless Motor overheats after 5 oranges and looses what little power it had when cold . Press down and it stops and does not juice anything. It only juices 80% of the orange WHEN it works which isn't very often . I have to squeeze the rest by hand . It's quicker to use my cheap plastic hand juicer . I will be buying one that works next time from another maker..

Date PurchasedJan 2017
RachelKambrook

Hi Pinto33, please contact customer service on 1300 139 798.
Thanks,
The Kambrook Team

Pinto33

I bought a Breville juicer instead which will juice a hundred oranges and never slows down .

shredder2

shredder2Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fairly good for the price but prone to eventual mechanical failure

Purchased at The Good Guys.

RachelKambrook

Hi Shredder2 - thank you for your comments. Your feedback will be passed on to the product team. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

The juicer appears to be cheap and nasty

The juicers mechanical drive has failed after 11 uses, no rotation. The item has been well cared for, had very little use and is out of warranty.
Under Australian Consumer Law, goods and services must be fit for purpose and must meet an expectation that there is reasonable quality in a product if operated in the environment the product was designed for, to last a reasonable period of time before breaking down through wear & tear.
This product has not met that expectation.

Heinz

HeinzMelbourne

What a horrible thing !

TonezSydney, NSW

Second juicer but this time smoke coming out.

Bought mine at Harvey norman in a box. Came home to find out it doesnt even work at all. So got it replaced but this time after 5mins of juicing, smoke started to come out of the base! Havery norman has no stock left and they didnt give me the manufacturer warrenty card.

OfficialKambrook

Hi Tonez, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Tonez

I did contact Kambrook and they told me to return it too Harvey Norman. So i end up having a refund

herrskipper

herrskipperAU

Works well and great value

So, you expected a juicer that costs $20 or more to function like a Rolls Royce? Sure, you might get a (pardon the pun) lemon from time to time, but I think the key with products like this is to be careful with them, don't overdo it. Mine works perfectly. One thing that is overlooked by everyone. The design. Terrific idea with the two juicing heads, and even better the design of the grill around the head to catch the seeds and other solid material. It is very easy to wash and clean which makes it a winner for me. The juice collected is just that, juice, free of other junk that is collected up above. Two thumbs up for the price!

SixSixSh33P

SixSixSh33PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Second one to fail

This is our second juicer of this model to fail really quickly. You can hear the motor really struggle right out of the box. It has always left too much seed and pulp in the juice, we always need to run the juice though a sieve after juicing before you can drink it. I am trying my third now because Good Guys do not stock another brand, be warned keep your receipt it will not last the 12 months and like us you just keep going back for a replacement.

rudolf.ethel

rudolf.ethelAU

Not the worlds toughest, but reasonable at the price.

I bought this unit a few years ago and it has worked fine. Yesterday it stopped working correctly. I opened it up and found that the small plastic drive gear on the motor shaft had stripped. ( I like to know why an item has stopped working) Fortunately I had some suitable replacement plastic cogs available which I had bought on E-Bay some time ago. I was able to fit one on the shaft, reassembled the unit and it is working fine again.
Of course it would be easy to buy a new unit, but it is very satisfying to have made a successful repair.
Rudolf