Kambrook Steamline Auto-Off KI780

Kambrook Steamline Auto-Off KI780

Perfect - does the job

Product is great. I can literally iron any type of fabric and it will get rid of creases first time. It doesn’t leave staining, unwanted marks or wetness. I find that with delicates they don’t burn or ruin. I’d love the iron to come with a stand is the only downfall and maybe if it came in a silver colour to match the rest of my appliances to give a more modern feel.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

No worries at all for me

This iron has been excellent for me - really good actually I am surprised that others don't rate it higher. It heats up quickly and holds a steady temperature. I usually turn it on and get my coffee happening and then come back and do a shirt. I can bang through that in five minutes and I am away. I do this every day early and it always works well. I am glad for the auto off because I need it - I have forgotten more than once! Its a good iron with mo issues at all for me.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Still going strong

I am very happy with this iron. It heats up very quickly in 30 seconds. I have been using this iron for 3 years+ and it's still going strong. It looks very clean, nothing stick to the surface. It is cheap and reliable. Iron will automatically turn off if left unattended, which is a good safety feature. I use steam all the time. I do not know why so many negative reviews for the iron. It does the job great. Especially for the price. 5 stars from 5.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Plates that catch

This iron was purchased for a back up. That is all I would ever use it for. Though it does heat up fairly quickly the steam feature doesn't produce much steam and the plates on the iron are not as smooth as they should be. It is however, light weight and a perfect inexpensive back up

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Didn't last long

The iron heated up quickly and was easy to use, but I wasn't happy with the end result. I found it needed the help of an ironing product like Fabulon to produce well ironed clothes. After just 6 months the iron died and I decided to replace it with a different brand.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good iron. Certainly beats my old Tiffany one!

This is a good iron. Heats up quickly. Long lead, which is necessary for irons! I cannot say if the temperature control is accurate or not, but it doesn't seem to have caused any damage to the delicates I have ironed.
Steam feature is great. I'd say this iron is safe and reliable. Light enough to use for an extended period. Decent asthetic form and design.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Auto-off is faulty and iron isn't hot enough

Never works well and doesn't iron things as crisp as I would like it to. It always switches to auto off and then won't turn back on even if I unplug it and re plug it back in. I wouldn't recommend this iron to anyone and can't wait to buy a new iron tomorrow. What a joke.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Shocking iron

This iron has frustrated me so much I was on this site looking for reviews on a good , reliable iron. After ironing TShirts , school shirts , work shirts , the clothes still don't look ironed. Really disgraceful kambrook you must know this iron is faulty & will stop working. I am going shopping Today for a new iron so we can all stop arguing about creased clothes in our house. I hope I can post a positive post on my new iron in three months!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Great

I bought a Kambrook K1780 and did not appear to heat anymore but then realised you need to turn the dial to heat that's located under the handle!! Some people have said they have had trouble with not heating and red light on but it is simply that the dial is turned to cool. Great product does all we need.Looks great easy to use perhaps better labeling would help users on the heating issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ok product

Initially, it was performing well but nowadays it kinda sucks. Whenever I am trying to iron cotton clothes, it burns. leaves a stain on clothes. as it appears that other reviewers also mentioned the stain issue it has. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Initially, it is good though for at least 6 months.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Was good, now annoying

I was loving this iron, was reliable and great with all types materials but then it just stopped working! It turns on and that's all, no heating NOTHING! I've only had it for a couple of months as well andI can't find the receipt to return it so HOW DO I FIX IT??

Date PurchasedSep 2017

great iron

I have always used this Iron. My last one I had for 5 years and never had a problem until It fell off the Ironing board and broke. So I have brought another to replace as I found it to be a great Iron . After reading other reviews they are all negative as most people if they are happy with the product they don't review only negative people do. But I am happy with my Iron.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Terrible product

I have only had this iron for 6 months and it has stopped working; it won't heat at all. In reading other posts this would seem to be a fault with this particular iron. Terribly disappointing. As reported by other reviewers it also has a very badly stained sole plate. I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi Oli - If you still have the receipt, you can return the iron to the place of purchase or contact Kambrook customer service on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you, the Kambrook team.

Worst Iron on the planet

I thought this was going to be a fabulous iron, with it's non stick 'gliding soleplate'. Thought the auto off is why I did buy it. The first time I used it it felt like it was stuck to the clothing, it would not glide, It felt rough & hard to manouvere. It creased the clothing, rather than ironed them. I went back to using my old iron which was broken but at least it slid over the clothes! However I went back to it again & this time, stuff seemed to have stuck to it & I cannot remove this build up of sticky, burnt on mess. Amazing considering I only used it about 3 times!
The auto off switch
The plate doesn't glide, it get things stuck to it, obviously very bad metal to be used on an iron.

this went back after 2 days use

This iron felt like you had to continually push it throught the fabric. It just wouldn't glide and when it came to a seam or pocket or decoration on the fabric it got bogged and all the fabric behind it just creased into a heap. Do not buy this. It's terrible
price and it was a known brand name
would not glide over the fabric

Did not last.

I bought this iron because of the auto cut off feature. It soon started to get a bad brown stain on the sole plate which I could not remove. The plate is now cracked and I have had to buy another Iron. It did not get much use and was just out of warranty.
Auto cut off
Did not last much past the 12 month warranty, sole plate was always sticking to clothes and damaging the clothes.

Useless

It worked ok for the first few months now you plug it in & turn it on & it wont heat up. So frustrating when you have to iron work clothes the morning of. Give it a bang on the ironing board & she turns on NEVER BUY KAMBROOK AGAIN going back to sunbeam

Wouldnt heat up

How can the soleplate be called Non-stick?

I thought there was some mistake when I started ironing - the soleplate felt like it was made of rubber, because it stuck to the fabric. The only way I could iron my clothes was by holding the fabric down whilst dragging the iron across in the opposite direction. I should have read the earlier reviews! I have returned it and bought a Philips instead.
I chose it because it felt lightweight.
Stuck to clothes

The soleplate has stuff stuck to it and I can't get it off and this is the second kambrook iron I have purchased and had the same problem, so I am not happy with it at all, very frustrating. K1780 model.

Terrible product and even worse customer service from Kambrook

I have rarely used this iron and the auto off feature has malfunctioned rendering the iron nothing more than a paper weight. Kambrook are not interested in assisting in providing answers as to how to rectify the problem.

I would not recommend this product or brand to anyone. Certainly don't bother calling customer service. They are rude and lack any desire to provide any service to their customers.
N/A
Poor quality features and poor customer service

I have purchased several Kambrook frypans. The knob on the latest one broke very quickly. I emailed their service centre and a new one was posted to me and I received it two days later. A minor item, but cannot complain about the service as they were so prompt.

Terrible

I am giving it back today and asking for my money back. It is [word censored]. I do not understand how companies can come up with useless products like this one. I'd rather iron with my forehead!

Everything is [word censored]. It sticks to clothes and does not get hot enough to iron effectively.

Red light beeps from time to time and the heat goes off.

The auto off doesn't work, the reason I bought it. Is this iron really supposed to switch itself off?
Hi Sonjaw2 - the KI780 does have an Auto-Off feature. Once the iron has been in an upright position for approximately 8 minutes, the unit will beep 6 times before turning off. Once the iron is off the indicator light will blink to indicate this. This feature is for safety purposes only. The iron should not be purposely left on and unattended. If your iron is not operating as above, we recommend you return the unit to the store it was purchased from to request a refund or replacement. For further queries relating to this product, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

how do i unlock the iron the red light just stays on and it wont heat up?
Hi Harriet, Please call the Kambrook customer service team on 1300 139 798.Take it back to the shop or throw it out it°s broken.

Steamline Auto-Off KI780