Karicare+ Formula 1

Karicare+ Formula 1

• Breastfed Child Yes (53%) · No (47%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (95%) · No (5%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (16%) · No (84%)
sandy n.

sandy n.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My boy loves it

My boy loves Karicare. He doesn’t have any issues with this formula. It’s so easy to prepare as well. Such a good price for a good quality formula. I’m happy with my choice

Purchased in January 2020 for $20.00.

Nathanial Stengewis

Nathanial StengewisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value and quality

Our 2nd baby was only able to get breast milk for a few weeks then lack of supply made formula essential. At first we tried s26 Gold as our first baby had but now its made in a desert in Mexico and it gave her constipation. Next we tried Bellamy's organic which was ok but expensive then sold to China. So then we found Novalac purple anti constipation which was great and fixed her constipation well, after a while we wanted to find something a bit more budget friendly and still high quality so we tried Karicare and there we have it the goldilocks formula that's just right! Made in clean NZ a big 900gm tin and only about $19 a tin but most importantly baby is happy

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $19.00.

rina

rinaSydney, NSW

one of the finest and best baby formula

when i had my first child i was told by my friends and family which formula i should chose after going through so many different once my daughter wasn't happy at all after every feed she had a sore tummy and wouldn't settle !.. after 3 months of trying i decided to give karicare a try !!.. and wow what a difference it made she was a happy baby loved having her bottle. its gentile on her tummy !! nhow i use it for my second baby and sill do till today !! we love karicare <3

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $20.00.

Find out how Karicare+ Formula 1 compares to other Baby Formulas

Did not work for my Bub.

Had my bub on S26 Gold as a top up with breast milk but found it would block her up. Only using the S26 Gold as a top up as I am pumping as latching didnt work out. My supply has always been low. Thought I would try this as there is so many good reviews and hoping it would help with her gassiness/spilling/tight tummy. Two days on it and she became so blocked up. Very unsettled, waking up from her sleep with pains and when she finally pooped it was diarrhoea and green. Also noticed a red bumpy rash on the side of her face and head. Thinking maybe she has an allergy to dairy? So hard to find the right formula.

Purchased in December 2019.

Stuart S.Karicare+

Hi Amber, the symptoms you are describing might be an allergy to cows milk protein. Please give us a call at the Careline to talk further 1800 438500 - Sue Nutritionist

nadiadyer12

nadiadyer12South East Queensland, QLD

Great Product!

All three of my kids were on or still are using Karicare. The product itself is top quality. I would never use S26 as it caused/irritated my kids eczema. I would be very disappointed if it was bought out by the Chinese like other baby formula products.
She & He enjoy drinking this formula.
No side effects noted.
Formula is easy to prepare

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $20.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Projectiles vomited both times we tried it

And after two times of seeing his face turn red and struggling to breath because of the vomit, we threw the rest of the time away!
Our 5 mth DS has no problems eating however we had to supplement his growing appetite with some formula. Needless to
say, Karicare was a horrific experience for us. Ive never seen so much vomit come out so violently. The first time we thought we mixed it incorrectly, didnt keep him upright or burp him enough. After the second time ... never again!

Purchased in May 2019.

tan

tanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gentle on tummy

I switched from s26 Gold to Karicare as advised by the GP as my daughter had a very bad gas using s26 Gold and she would strain just to pass the wind. Karicare A2 and Karicare regular is gentle on the tummy and she does not have to strain and poops regularly. However she never takes more than 50 ml. I guess it is something to do with the taste.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $29.00.

Stuart S.Karicare+

Hi, if you are concerned about the volume your daughter is drinking, please call our Careline on 1800 438 500 to discuss further. - Janice, Reg Dietitian

Mariam

MariamSydney, NSW

Very upset and unsettled baby

We switched from Aptamil for our 6 week old baby. She was on it for two days and during those two days she was crying non stop, very gassy and unsettled. She would take the bottle and half way through drinking she would start crying not wanting to drink anymore. I thought this formula would have been gentle on her tummy as that was my aim when I decided to make the switch from Aptamil. This formula has probably worked well on other babies, but definitely made my baby upset and made the whole house upset as she was crying from pain non stop :(

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

TessaJ

TessaJQueensland

Sachets great for EFB mums

My bub is being exclusively breast fed, but this brand is one of only two that I have found that offers formula in sachets. This means that I can leave my baby with my husband if I have a doctors or physio appointment ect, and know that hubby has an option to feed bub in an emergency. We’ve only need to use the sachets twice but just having them is a massive weight off my mind when I’m separated from my little one.

Purchased in June 2019 for $6.00.

Amanda99

Amanda99South East Queensland, QLD

Great for my baby

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

Tiatoia

TiatoiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No tummy problems here

I loved this formula after having some trouble with breastfeeding I knew I needed to pick the best formula for no tummy issues. I went with karicare and my son loved it, kept him nice and full for over 3/4 hours. Would definitely keep using this brand

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for $20.00.

Kelly H.

Kelly H.Perth, WA

loved it

I switched from s26 original to karicare at 6weeks old best decision id made she no longer had tummy cramps as and slept a lot better. it took a couple of days to adjust but no regrets

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for $20.00.

TMB1990

TMB1990Western Australia

Great Product

We found this to be the best formula for our son.

From birth our son had been on top up feeds and it took us awhile to find the right product.
Most other products were not thick enough for him and he also suffered silent reflux.

This product was thicker than the normal ranges, it help prevent reflux and add a little extra sweetness to the milk which was quite advertising for our son.

We stayed on Karicare formula till be was 1

Purchased in September 2017 at Woolworths for $15.99.

Micaela L.

Micaela L.Palmerston, NT

Perfect formula!!

Purchased in May 2019 for $20.00.

Easy to PrepareNo
SarahH

SarahHPerth, WA

Fnatastic

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $20.00.

Find out how Karicare+ Formula 1 compares to other Baby Formulas

I wish I changed to this earlier.

Amazing for reflux. I've only changed to this formula few days ago and I'm really impressed how calm my wee girl is after each feed. And very Easy to prepare.

Purchased in March 2019 for $21.00.

Amy-Lee S

Amy-Lee SSouth East Queensland, QLD

We switched our daughter to Karicare and she has thrived. Wouldnt change!

Our baby girl wasn't taking to formula well and we tried Karicare and havent looked back. She is putting weight on and is thriving. Its easy to make up with simple instructions

Purchased in August 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $20.00.

Nutricia Careline T.Karicare+
MaryA

MaryACanberra 2600, ACT

Bub loves the taste and increased his milk intake which is awesome!

My bub was on other formula which was okay. I tried this one just to see how he goes on different brand. Surprisingly he really likes the taste and always finishing his bottle where before he tends to take 60 mls out of 120 mls. On Karicare he takes 150 mls each feed!

The formula is easy to prepare, one scoop equals to 50 mls of water which is easy to remember for me. The milk it self is foamy when you shake it too much, however if you swirl it around is fine.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $20.00.

Sukh

SukhGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is awesome, my baby is healthy and happy.

I was so stressed when I didn’t get full breast milk supply but Karicare saved me. My baby lost so much weight in first week and then I started with Karicare as top feed. My baby gained weight immediately from day 1 and now at 6 weeks she is doing really well. Never constipated and no side effects. She takes it very well along with breast milk. Thanks to Karicare for awry products.

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $20.00.

dmn

dmnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Baby seems to like it and we’ve had no issues

Laura H.asked

Hi I have given my 3.5 month old her first bottle of this and she projectile vomited yellow for a couple hours after .shes bright red while vomiting and looks extremely uncomfortable until it stops. What could cause this

Nutricia Careline T.Karicare+

Hi Laura, if this is the first bottle of formula you've given to your baby, then this could be an allergic reaction which can happen in babies. Please contact us at the Careline today (AU 1800 438 500 or NZ 0800 438 500) and one of our dietitians or nutritionists can discuss this further with you and suggest an alternative formula that may be more suitable. Or contact your Doctor for a alternative formula suitable for babies with a cows' milk protein allergy. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

Laura H.

Hi Caroline , she has tried two other types and had not had this reaction so I dont think it is a milk allergy. It was definitely scary and Im now worried about trying any other formula when we stop nursing. Thanks for your reply.

Lika.B

Lika.Basked

My 5 month old baby has a bad bloated tummy just wonder if it the formula give her the bloated. I have burb her for 30min to an hour. But has no luck most of time. Took her to the hospital Dr cant do anything part of telling me what possibly things cause bloated. If you have better suggestion t that would be appreciated.
Lika NT

Kate
Kate

Karicare formula is pretty gentle on babies tummies if she had the bloating from when she first started formula you could probably say it was from that
Have you introduced some solids in her diet

Tarnya

Tarnyaasked

8 years ago I used Karicare gold with my newborn daughter as my milk never came in and it was fantastic but now I'm having my 2nd child and can't find the Karicare gold ?? Do you still have it ??? Or what can I use that is the same??

Taina
Taina

Hi ya, I’m pretty sure the normal karicare is just as good as the gold.. although it will be hard to find a gold with al that’s going on with the baby formula at the moment which is ridiculous! Good luck hope u find some otherwise normal karicare might b second best..

Get an answer from our members and Karicare+ representatives