Happy

It is a great little unit, the price compared to other brand sized units is considerably lower. Can't fault it. It is quiet, cools a bed room down quickly and is very cheap to run. Been up for six months and yet to have an issue with it. Very Happy.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good Aircon - Better Service/Support

Just had a very rare and refreshing case of amazing service and support from a big company.

We recently purchased a house with 3 of these units in it. All work great, but after a few months, one of them did stop working with an error code. I called Kelvinator/Electrolux support and explained this situation. I had been told when purchasing the house that the aircon units had only been added recently and were therefore quite new - but as I wasn't the original purchaser and I had no receipt or proof of purchase. I had no contact with the seller of the house (all through real estate agents and solicitors) it wasn't likely I'd be able to get one. Without a receipt, I knew the likelihood of getting it fixed under warranty was very low.

However, the helpful Kelvinator/Electrolux service person spoke to their manager and they offered to fix the unit at no cost to us - under goodwill. It turned out to be a very unusual problem and the technician (Mark incase his manager happens to see this review - was extremely helpful and professional) had to make multiple visits to replace more components. It is now working perfectly again like the other units, and certainly left me feeling appreciative for the gesture and an advocate of the brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very economical. Heats and cools efficiently.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Shepparton during the boxing day sale 2017. They didn't have an installer available so we had to organise one ourselves. Once installed we couldn't be happier. The temperature setting showing on the unit is great for seeing what it's set at. Runs quietly and is very easy to use.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Misleading advertising - no auto-swing from left to right

This air con has fixed louvres. It does not auto-swing from left to right. Please be aware of this before you make your purchase as Kelvinator will not refund the installation costs of this, even though it says that it has 2-way auto swing on their website and on the product brochure on the Kelvinator website.

Also, my air-con does not have an automatic cut-off when it reaches the set temperature. It will continue blowing air for hours without pausing, the temperature of the room will go much higher than what it is set to do when on heat. The follow me function does nothing. I had a technician attend and he said "no fault was present". Which is simply not true! Kelvinator are refusing to remedy the issue.

Appliances Online and Kelvinator have not been forthcoming in regard to the misleading advertising of this product. They are aware of the issue and have not provided any compensation or made any effort to change the product description to more accurately reflect the features of this product. I would warn people to beware of this. Personally I will never buy Kelvinator again or use Appliances Online again after this experience.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great split system inverter

Extremely happy that we chose this model to replace the Kelvinator we had. It is quiet,easy to operate and shows what temp is set at both on unit and remote.On the unit itself the temp shows in large led numbers and that's quite a handy feature. Installation went well with a competent company.The product was not expensive -purchased from Bi- Rite Electrical.So far we have only used the heating but certain the cooling side will come up to expectations.We were happy with our previous Kelvinator air- con so purchased the same brand and would definitely recommend this product.Value for money.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I have the QLD based KSD25HRG which only difference is the PeakSmart feature

Purchased from the good guys Ebay 20% off special, Product packaging is excellent and well protected. The Fan unit does need to be transported upright which was strange. Installation was super easy and runs very cool for my bedroom about 3x4m just wish it was installed in summertime. But very happy !

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Product is good but supplier questionable

The unit is good value: I have a 5bd home (20 squares) and the unit services the home well. However, I purchased through Radio Rentals (RR) and paid for an extended warranty. Once I handed over my money, I was then told to find my own installer, which I did. When the unit had a problem, RR said that it wasn't their problem. When I called the installer, they forced RR to act. I had the unit repaired at a cost of $900 to RR. RR then told me over the phone that any future repairs will be at 50% cost to me!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Misleading and bad customer service

Bad customer service and misleading. been told by Appliances Online this Unit the peak-smart signal receiver is built-in by manufacture,so called the Kelvinator directly 3 time to make sure it was the case, and all 3 time,3 different people confirm to me; yes peak-smart signal receiver was built-in! the installer dont need to do anything!!! only after reject by Energex for PeakSmart Airconditioner reward,Energex confirm that no air-conditioning models have a DCR build-in.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Dan, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the KSD25HRG. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Can't fault it

Wish I had of switched air cons years ago.
4 star energy rating
Good price from Appliances Online
Very quiet
Looks good
Easy to use
Cools lounge and dining area well
Professionally installed for $450 - no issues
This is the second Kelvinator. Will be sticking with this brand from now on.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great value for money

Bought two of the units for my avenger size bedrooms. Unit is very quiet. Great heating/cooling system. Need to hire professional aircon installation company. Easy remote handling. Bought from Harvey Norman, Value for money $650 indoors/outdoor units. Happy with the product. Thinking to buy another one for my man cave.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Compact and Good Looking unit

Compact Aircon with really good looking unit. Works really well and cools the room real quick. I think this one of cheapest 1.5KW unit in the market i expected ugly inside unit but amazed the design and quite operation of inside unit. I recommend this product when you want something <600$.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect. Quiet and cool

Really quiet both indoor and outdoor unit.

I replaced my old air conditioning unit and it was perfect.

Definitely recommend as it is cheaper than the heavyweights such as mitsubishi or fujitsu but runs incredibly well.

Even has a timer function and sleep function.

Installation is a breeze to do.

Date PurchasedSep 2017