Great value for money!

The fridge we bought before this was from Gumtree for $150, so it was always going to be a step up. But it's such a clean and sleek design, very quiet, energy efficient, and there's so much space in both the fridge and freezer. Temperature control is great (in both winter and summer), and I haven't had any issue with veggies freezing like I have had in the past with other fridges.
If I had to pick a couple of small issues with it, it's that there's no top drawer/compartment to keep dairy or cheese (we just went to Kmart and bought a plastic box to keep these in which we store at the top), and the freezer doesn't have a designated ice tray to keep loose ice in.
Other than that, can't fault it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Fantastic Fridge

This fridge is reliable with the temperature in all compartments. I like the fact that it is an upside down fridge. The doors are heavy but easy to open. However if you open the freezer then close it, you have to wait a few seconds before you can open the fridge which in my opinion is a great idea.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Worked well for 2 days, then noises, then stopped cooling and defrosted.

Like others buying this fridge it was ok when first started. I checked that it cooled ok and froze ok before transferring things into the fridge and freezer. It was getting VERY hot on the exterior left side just above centre, which was odd, but that's where the motor is, not at the bottom, so I gave it some extra space around the sides which is a pain, but I did it.

The fridge door shelves are fabulous. Deep and wide and on slides so you can set them up to use them as you need, and they are strong and hold a lot. But the temp settings are on the rear panel, where you have to drag everything out of both the freezer and also the fridge to get to them. Bad design, Also bad design is NO LIP on the back of the glass shelves to stop things being pushed back too far to the rear, which affects cold air circulation, and the shelves themselves go back too far.

As soon as I loaded the food and frozen stuffs into the fridge it started making an awful clanging sound when starting up. And starting up constantly. NOTE: The food was COLD when it went in and the freezer food was already frozen rock solid from a chest freezer so it did not have to work hard to cool things. But it would CLANG RATTLE start up every 20 minutes or so then go quieter once started. Including through the night. Cue being jolted awake by the CLANG RATTLE start up 7 or 8 times......every night.

Day 5: I moved the temp control to where it says it should be (in the book) for both the fridge and the freezer for summer use, because we had some hot weather coming in.
Day 6: Nothing in the fridge is cool, and to my horror I opened the freezer to find the temp was above zero and FRIDGE temp not freezer temp. Most things had either melted or defrosted and the air coming out of the vents was barely cool, and certainly not COLD.

I threw the thermostat over to COLDEST on both. The fridge part started, the freezer didn't. Not happy jan.

I called Kelvinator and got a terrible operator, who kept telling me I had to check something this fridge doesn't even have on it and was rude as! Eventually yelled back at her and got the call escalated and it seems there MIGHT be a fault, but was also told this fridge has some weird system where you are supposed to make your fridge WARM so the compressor doesn't get hot and........STOP WORKING. What???????????

Apparently, we must at all costs (including the cost of replacing all food and drink within fridge and freezer) save the compressor from having to work. Or it stops and won't work at all. And this fridge measures the outside temp as well as the inside temp. And on a hot day it wont work - to save the compressor.

Seriously Not fit for purpose. If the compressor is not sufficiently strong to work and cool this fridge down to FRIDGE TEMPS and FREEZER TEMPS under a full load for this size fridge and also (and maybe especially) in Australian in SUMMER...then it does not do what a fridge is bought for. Keeping your food cold and at a SAFE temperature (avoiding death from food poisoning) and stuff in the FREEZER actually frozen, in hot weather.

If you do not have AIR CON to keep your fridge cool so it works Do not buy this fridge!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Saddle Saw, Marina from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Kelvinator. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks, Marina

Can’t get freezer to freeze the food

The temp controller is unsatisfactory. I followed the instructions and it hasn’t frozen the food. I had to throw the ice cream out as it was soft and runny. Apart from that it seems ok but I didn’t Just buy a fridge. I’m actually quite annoyed that I have to shove everything in deep freezer now

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Annoyed Linda from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda ThanksHi Linda. As I only had the unit for about 1 week and afew days, the store offered to replace it. I chose to go a completely different product and brand. I was also told that I was the second person to get a bad refrigerator. So obviously a bad batch. When I mentioned if I get compensated for the food that spoilt, seems like no one wanted to know.

Amazing

Shelves are spacey, easy to clean, looks goods. Was going to get the same sized Westinghouse, but was over $100 more and the only real difference was an egg tray and lids on the small shelves in the door. Am very happy with this fridge. Freezer works well, I also like the fruit and veg drawer design

Date PurchasedJul 2018

So happy with it!

It does maintain a consistent temperature! Infact, our veggies remain fresher for much longer than in our old fridge! I've got a cauliflower in there right now that's been there for about 10 days (I should probably cook it soon) - still looks fresh!

The freezer freezes like it should. The shelves are wide and deep. The hight and placement of nearly all shelves, including those on the door, is adjustable.

My only complaints are that
- there is no separate compartment for the ice (though it comes with an ice cube tray, I have to balance the tray atop my meats/other frozen food.
- no separate little chill tray in the main fridge.
- veggie drawer hard to open and close

These are not dealbreakers as the fridge works very well. We also got it for a very good price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Simple easy to use basic fridge

This fridge is a very simple basic fridge nothing fancy but a fridge is to cool your food in the fridge and freeze in the freezer in very happy with it would recommend this fridge. It’s a big and practical I’ve notice my energy bill has came down a bit.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Not recommended

This fridge aesthetically is horrid. The front panels look dented around each edge. The sides panels don't match and the whole thing looked old when delivered. The inside s OK, with nice glass shelving that is anti spill, but the crisper simply won't open without being wrenched, which I am sure will break it eventually. You also can't take it out easily to clean. Cooling performance seems reasonable. The freezer is just adequate in size. But the fridge is a big object in the kitchen and the rippling of the metal panels, which is difficult to see in a showroom, but very evident in the sunlight, makes it an eyesore. There are better choices if aesthetics are your primary consideration.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Rosy1952, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your KTM5402WA-RH. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana with ticket number 487064. Thanks Rumana

Great and affordable Fridge

This fridge is not flashy and doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it is a great one. It is spacious, quiet and does the job properly.
I am happy with my purchase, so far so good

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Very nice product with budget options available

Bought this fridge from JB-Hi Fi, works very well and fits perfectly into our kitchen. The handle of door designed at the side of the door also makes opening of it easier. It is occasionally making noise of liquid flowing, but mostly a quiet fridge and keeps the ice-creams solid. With it, enjoying a cool beer in summer is fabulous. Plus, the aircon we use is of the same brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love the product.

It maintains a good temperature in all compartments and the food is always fresh. The freezer section is a good size which is a plus. The shelving has just the right amount of space. It runs very quiet and easy to clean with minimum fuss. The fridge is just the right size and suits perfectly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Some large design flaws

Size is brilliant and the shelves are adjustable to realistic and useful levels. Have not had an issue. However I was very surprised to find an ice cube tray just floating in the freezer, not attached over a container like every other fridge I've seen. Also the crisper is beyond frustrating!! Unless taken out very very slowly with two hands it comes off a track on one side. I've actually looked to see if I can remove the tracks as they are so incredibly annoying but I'm stuck with my crisper constantly on one track.
Fix those issues and it woulduld be a real competitor

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Kylie, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Kelvinator KTM5402WA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie. Thanks, Leslie

Great Fridge

I ordered this fridge online for my mother a couple months ago and she could not be happier. The size was great and the style. The service she received from the delivery guys was very professional and polite as well. Also the price of the fridge was good as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great fridge for the price

The fridge was bought to replace the old one when it had died, but we had known that it wasn't long for the world and had some time to look at a replacement. We had wanted something bigger than the old fridge, easy to clean, flexible in layout and energy efficient. The Kelvinator met the requirements (and fitted into the fridge space)
We love the new fridge, and love the extra space, better lighting and flexible layout, but have a few issues with design. As mentioned by others, the vegetable crisper is a little tricky to use, but we are getting use to it. The crisper would be better if it was divided and deeper, but that would lead to other compromises in the design.
We also noticed the compressor noise as well. It wasn't louder than the old fridge, just different, and we are starting to get use to it.
Have no regrets on buying this fridge and would recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good Fridge

Very quiet -never hear it. The glass non- spill shelves are so easy to wipe over. Would like an air vent in the crisper so that when new vegies are added there isn`t any moisture build up. The temperature is reasonable but find that the bread is not frozen solid-is cold but fairly soft. There is no light in the freezer which is NOT good. Very spacious in both the fridge and freezer sections. Fairly good value for the money and Harvey Norman gave us a good deal.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Fridge

Has a good temperature ,it's quiet good to clean.love the size of the freezer all the others where half the size .The new modes are small in size love the size .freezer on top fridge on bottom .it took a long time to find the perfect fridge .very happy with it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Nice big fridge. Works well

Good spacious fridge. Everything is laid out pretty well. Not a big fan of the plastic shelving, but this one has been pretty sturdy so far, no breaks touch wood. Sometimes makes a loud noise, but generally pretty quiet. It is fairly easy to clean and stays clean. The crisper at the bottom is difficult to slide in and out. The door handles aren't obvious and sometimes miss them when opening the fridge and because they are inset, the front of the fridge ends up smudged with unsightly finger marks.
Pretty good value though.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great fridge!

Maintains even temperature with no frost ever. The vegetable crisper keeps my fruit and vegetables fresh for up to two weeks!Must be quiet because i have never noticed any noise even when the house is quiet.Glass shelves make cleaning a breeze.I feel like i got a great deal on this fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Perfect for price and performance!

The fridge is really good. It is very cold and no frost. It is lardge enough for more than 4 people. The only problem is that the noise is a bit louder. you can hear it clearly in the night. In total, it is good for its price and function!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

This lasted 1 year and a week

I brought this fridge 1 year and a week ago and it has actually been a crappy fridge temp fluctuations now no temp except for salmonella warm. Not the best $1100 i ever spent Betta electrical said we may need to take it away to fix, my response j need a fridge "don't you have a spare one, the workman will decide when they are there what to do" I think a replacement is in order not a repair don't you think?

Date PurchasedMay 2016