Kent Removals & Storage

Great service from the phone call to book to the guys that uplifted us

The team from Kent’s removal Melbourne Kylie in the office are amazing we have used their service 3 times and with every move it gets easier.
The friendly office team to the amazing guys that uplift us nothing is an issue.

There care and attention to our furniture is the best

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Hello Pahl, Thank you for a great review! Always a pleasure to have a return customer! We are glad that you are happy with our services. I will ensure to pass your feedback to Kylie, she will be thrilled to read your kind words. Thank you again for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Distressing experience - never again

Sydney crew stacked our boxes marked fragile on the bottom and dumped our broken belongings into the garage at our new home. They managed to loose our BBQ! Not exactly pocket sized and we had to wait almost 2 weeks it to reappear.

Had to get into a prolonged debate with the Manager who was amazed that his Kent employees had lied to him. Finally got payment for the stolen items. Used Kent twice this year. They don't care, if they pull it off great if not then prepare for a long battle to get anything to back.

They also charged us an extra $400 to deliver at the weekend or face a further 28 days past our agreed delivery date. No point in complaining, it tried all routes. Regardless of the hype they post on here, take our word for it. they should be avoided at all costs. Held to ransom really, it was costing us $1000 a week in a hotel.

I have all the emails phone calls and photos as proof

Mediocre at best.

Last year, I moved from Sydney to Melbourne with around 20 boxes and 4 pieces of furniture. The movers in Sydney arrived earlier than I was told the day before which didn't work in my favour as I still had to remove linens from my bed and pack 3 more boxes. Overall, I was pleased with the Sydney movers as they were quick, efficient, and managed to get my washing machine out of the laundry room which proved difficult.

One thing to note: it was not made clear how long it would take for everything to arrive in Melbourne. This info was not present on any of the documents I was sent or given. This definitely needs to be clearer as I had packed almost all my clothes into the truck and therefore did not have appropriate clothing for almost 3 weeks. I just assumed it would take a week at most which could be my error.

When the Melbourne movers arrived, they were quick and efficient at moving all my stuff into the garage for storage. Towards the end of the move, it became clear that the 2 movers were confused over something. According to their inventory, 2 packages were missing. One box was delivered within the week while the other has not been returned. I'm not entirely sure what I've lost but I don't think this should happen when using a large reputable company like Kent. Lastly, I noticed that a couple items came damaged. The leg of my small dining table was snapped off. Due to the fact that I did not get insurance, thinking a professional moving company would not break my furniture, the company would not pay for the table to be fixed. Also, when I called about the missing package, I was never told what was being done to track it down nor even if they were still tracking it down.

Overall, I was not impressed. 2/5 Stars I'd say. The movers in Sydney and Melbourne were great at loading and unloading everything but a couple things were lost and I found out that insurance really is a MUST when moving with Kent as your items are likely to arrive damaged.

Office LocationSydney
Hello Sophie, Thank you for your feedback. We at Kent, pride ourselves for high-quality service and customer satisfaction which on this occasion we failed to deliver. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused and to investigate the matter further, could I please trouble you supply us with your Removals Plan number. We will endeavour to get back to you on the feedback you have provided. Again, apologizes for the inconvenience caused. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you. Nick, Customer Care TeamHello, My Removals Plan Number is 227127.

Never again

We moved a five bedroom house from Canberra to Tasmania, stayed in temporary accommodation for six months, then moved about 3 kms away from the temp accommodation to our permanent residence. When we moved to the permanent accommodation and put up the beds we discovered the bolts were missing from one bed. When Kent Insurance was contacted they told us there was no time limit on claims. It was then discovered that the internal welds were broken, we were then told that there was a three day limit on claims. So basically we are left with a queen size bed that is useless and are looking at the expense of purchasing another. Having spend around $5,000 just on insurance for the two moves I wouldn't waste my money again. The people who actually did the move were great, but the customer service from the insurance people leaves a lot to be desired, they didn't even get the year of the remove correct in the reply email. I just don't understand why the time limit changed once we had a claim we wanted to make. Personally, I wouldn't use them again.

Office LocationCanberra and Launceston

Professional Service

Professional, Timeous, Excellent Follow Up. This was an Interstate Move. 4 x 2 Home
Only Let down was they did not keep to scheduled delivery time and did not advise of delay.

Office LocationPerth
Hello Giselle and Yusuf, Thank you for your kind feedback. We do apologize for under delivery of our service standards and will take your feedback to further improve our efforts. Hope you are all settled in at your new house. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Do let us know if we could be of any further help. Nick, Customer Care Team

Frustrated beyond belief

Relocated our stuff from our two bedroom house from Sydney to Perth. There was a delay in transit and had to organise an additional day off work from my new job. On the day only half our stuff arrived so they had to go back to ensure delivery of all items. Still not all items have been delivered.

Office LocationSydney
Hello JKE, We are sorry to hear about your experience with using Kent Removals and Storage. At Kent, we do pride ourselves in providing high customers service and customer satisfaction, which we failed to deliver it to you on this occasion. To enable us to further assist you to resolve the situation and empower us to rectify our mistake could you please provide us with your removal plan number. The manager will get in touch with you with further information. Thank you. Nick, Customer Care TeamHi Nick, our reference number is 288946. I am unsure where I would find our removal plan number. Thanks

Very professional

We moved from the Eastern suburbs to Bayside in Melbourne. It was a big move but the Kent team were really excellent - the crew worked hard all day and handled our furniture with care and respect and put all the boxes where we wanted them. Full marks to the delivery guys, no damage at all.
The only thing that could be improved would be to explain all the costs upfront, for example we were only aware there would be a half hourly charge for any delay in the same day settlement time after we had paid the quote in full. Other than that, we would recommend Kent removals.

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Hello Pep, Thank you for a great review. We are glad that you are happy with the services provided and hope you are all settled-in at your new home. We will take the suggestion onboard with our consultants. Thank you again for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Edit - resolved after an email battle

I recently used Kent for a small move of precious furniture from Melbourne to Hobart. I was quite satisfied with the customer service in the beginning, and trusted them when they told me that they would need me to pay an additional fee of $374 (which they classed as a 'delivery access fee') as my house in Hobart had difficult access and that they would need to hire a 4wd flat tray ute, and also send additional staff. This fee was on top of the $2669.81 I had already paid for the move (including insurance) and was added at the last minute. This seemed like alot of money for a small move of furniture, not even enough for a 1 bedroom house - but I trusted the companies reputation.

Despite the delivery of goods taking roughly 10 days longer to arrive than initially promised, (and after a few phone calls to Tasmania to arrange), I was still satisfied with the service.

However on the day of the move, the usual Kent delivery truck arrived, with the usual number of men (3). They easily backed up my neighbours driveway and parked less than 5 metres from my back door. The entire move was over in 10 minutes. When I asked the delivery man about the special ute I had paid extra for and the additional staff, he had no idea what I was talking about. Even the concept of hiring a special vehicle for the move seemed to completely perplex him.

So when I contacted the Melbourne Kent office, and asked for a refund of that additional $374, it seemed quite straight forward, and that I wouldn't have a problem. However, after chasing and lots of back and forth emails with the customer service rep, they have come back saying they won't be refunding me the full amount, as 'the goods still needed to be unloaded into a smaller vehicle that was used prior to delivery.' So Kent have decided, after lots of internal discussion it seems, that a run of the mill logistical component of a standard delivery is now costing me an extra $100. I cant tell you how disappointing and frustrating this is. I am being fleeced for cash, with made up costs.

On top of all of this, my brand new $4000 Carrara dining table was chipped during the move. To replace it with the insurance policy will cost me $500 excess, months to wait for a replacement, and the risk of it happening all over again, due to their lack of care during the move.

Edit: Kent applied the full amount as credit towards a new move.

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Thank you Lauren for an updated review. We are glad Kent was able to resolve your issue and you are happy with the outcome. Thank you again for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Excellent Service

Large move - 5 bedroom house, 3 living areas, double garage and workshop etc.
Sunbury to East Gippsland.
Stress free move. On time every time. Helpful Efficient and careful. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Dear John, We’re pleased to hear of your positive experience with Kent Removals and Storage. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we have passed this on to your moving team. We look forward to working with you again in the future and wish you all the best in your new home. Thank you for recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

The best way for Removals

Kent is awesome and most trusted for Removals and Storage, interstate arrived on time and safe. I really recommend kent to my friends and family. I had great time, friendly staff.

Office LocationDarwin
Hi Noli, Thank you for a fantastic review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. The team will be thrilled to read your comments. We are glad that you are satisfied with your move and hope you are all settled-in at your new home. Thank you again for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Tricky move.

Moved from a large four bed, three reception roomed house on big bush plot to smaller house - however the move entailed getting some big pieces of furniture up stairs - all this was done with maximum efficiency and good humour under the excellent team leadership of Luke . I’d recommend Kent to anyone moving.

Office LocationHobart
Hello Carola, Thank you for the fantastic review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. We are glad that your move went smooth and you are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled-in at new house. Thank you for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Good communication & great service

Moved from a 3 bedr a double garage full of items property to SA and when I found my house there I call to the office for delivery of our household goods and it was delivered at the requested time , when I booked for this move I weren’t able to give Kent the appropriate address yet or State as we were thinking of Vic as well but they were very flexible by holding my household goods for a few week at no extre cost .
Communication was 10 / 10 and alway friendly and helpful. I am very happy !

Office LocationBrisbane
Hello Alice, Thank you for a great review. We are glad that your move went smooth and you are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled in your new home. The team will be delighted to read your feedback. Thank you again for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Missing Items

We were moving a very short distance, but due to settlement dates not lining up our home contents had to go in to storage for 2 weeks. I noticed that when the container was being loaded up there were already items in there from another move. When the goods were returned to us two weeks later they had been moved to another container and now that we have started unpacking we have noticed items 'missing'. These include our TV, Apple TV, bases to 2 beds, a rug, cutlery and other kitchen items. I've been in daily contact with Kent and they been of no real help. And no, I did not take out insurance as it was such a short move I couldn't really see what could go wrong........

Office LocationBrisbane
Hello Evan, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience using Kent Removals and Storage. I have forwarded your comments to our Branch Manager who should be in touch with you shortly. Again, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care TeamAs the per the above, there has been no resolution from Kent and no real attempt to fix the matter. Their opinion seems to be bad luck, these things happen. I wouldn't recommend them and I certainly would never use them again.

Great Service

We moved a three bedroom house with a double garage full of toys from Canberra to Port Macquarie. Kent were right on top of all aspects. It was great to have a quote from an actual person. They were friendly and helpful over the phone and communicated regularly to minimise any worries and concerns.

Office LocationCanberra
Hello Rosemary, Thank you for your positive review. It is always great to hear from our happy customers, we are so happy to hear that we made your move a stress-free and positive experience, and hope you are enjoying your new home. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Very professional, friendly, careful!

My move was at relatively short notice from a remote location in Central Queensland to Townsville. My preferred Removalist is always Kent and this time their Storage Option was very useful.
They scheduled the pick up in the time frame and despite the disruption of the Townsville Floods a few days before were available on the day; removal went as as smooth as possible.
I highly recommend Kent!

Office LocationTownsville
Hello Ross, Thank you for a great review. Always a delight to have a happy repeat customer. Glad that you are happy with the services. Thank you for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Trouble free for the whole process

We moved our 3 bedroom house & belongings from Melbourne to Adelaide and transported one of our vehicles with Kent. All aspects were well handled - quotation; uplift, unload and dealings with the office.
There was one minor hiccup with the car delivery date, but this was quickly resolved.
I would highly recommend Kent and would not hesitate to use them again.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne
Hello Paul, Thank you for a great review. We are glad that your move went smooth and your are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled-in in your new home. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Expected better service considering the last move was excellent

Moved from the country to Adelaide. 2 bedroom apartment, and my things were only around 20 boxes, plus a tallboy, one queen bed, one single bed, desk, dining table and other miscellaneous things.

We had already packed everything, so they didn't even have to pack any boxes or dismantle any desks etc. The ONLY thing they had to dismantle was the queen bed. They turned up and started complaining from the minute they got here. They complained that their manifest said that everything has been packed but the queen bed was not dismantled. They didn't bring any tools, but they borrowed the ones we had and complaining all throughout - they dismantled the bed, which took all of 2 minutes.

When they reached my new house and started to unload, they immediately began complaining that it said "ground floor" on their manifest. Well, I had told them that my house had one floor where the bedrooms were. Anyway, complaining throughout they took the dismantled queen bed, single bed, tallboy, chair and dismantled desk upstairs. They did not move even a single box upstairs, even though I requested that they move the boxes with the bedroom related things, including clothes upstairs.

They left the beds dismantled even though I requested that they put it back together. Left stuff everywhere because they were in a hurry to leave and they left at 6pm on the dot. In this hurry, they seem to have misplaced a very valuable side table top (the glass was custom made). Everything else arrived okay.

Contacted Kent, but was told nothing could be done about the missing glass. As you can imagine, I did not leave a very good review (got sent an email asking for a review) on their website. Received a call this morning from the local manager, he was very apologetic but ultimately he wanted me to change the review on their survey. Why? Why should I change the review? This is the service I received, and quite frankly I expected much better service for the money we paid.

End of the day - they have done nothing to rectify the missing item or for the bad service, but they want me to change my review. Nope. Sorry, not going to do that.

The last time I used Kent was just 4 months ago - and the guys then did an excellent job. Eveything was meticulously packed and delivered. Not this time though.

Office LocationAdelaide

Best of the best

Kent moved me in a literal disaster zone during the worst flood in Townsville history. Words cannot express how grateful I am for them helping me get to a safe and secure location with my belongings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Office LocationTownsville
Hello Johnathon, Thank you for a fantastic review. The team in Townsville will be delighted to read your kind words. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Really pleased

We had Kent empty our 4 bedroom house (with > 20 years of accumulated stuff).
Both packing and uplift were undertaken with courtesy, professionalism and some really hard work.
Very pleased with the whole project and the responsiveness of the staff.

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Hello David, Thank you for a great review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. The team will be delighted to read your comments. Thank you again for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Kent removal services made my move so quick and painless.

My move was 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom house with an hour drive between houses, the team that moved me were on point at both ends of the move, the guys even put the heavier item's of my furniture in place and together. Nothing was damaged, such a pleasent experience. Thank you to everyone involved.

Office LocationHobart
Hello Tom, Thank you for 5-star rating! We are glad that you are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled-in in your new home. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team