4.4

bearsticky

bearstickyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lost Property, Broken Furniture, Unnecessary Insurance Cost

Michael P.Gippsland, VIC

Poor communication, promised delivery within 5 business days, was informed goods were to be delayed by a further 5 days.

Move of house from east coast to west coast, we booked the service and paid a premium for a 5 day turn around, were informed 3 days later that goods would not arrive for a further 5 business days. Were informed that this was totally out of their control, as advised by [name removed] the State Operations Manager, no offer to compensate for costs incurred. Do not use this service, highly unprofessional.

Laura

LauraAU

Employee never at fault - customer must insure against negligence

Used Kent to uplift and store my goods for 18 months and then deliver the goods to a new home. The movers broke the leg off my thick pine bed base during the move (the bed was in perfect condition pre-uplift). I was told that I should have insured my goods and that I would not be compensated. I understand the purpose of insurance but I'm not sure why I have to be responsible for the employees negligible handling of my goods. It's their job and Kent should have their own policies/procedures in place to address a lack of care by their employees.

Office LocationCanberra

Simon G.

Simon G.South East Queensland, QLD

Dishonest sales staff, poorest communication & then negligence resulting in our goods being water damaged in their yard!

Office LocationBrisbane and Melbourne (Head Office)

Terrible service, and hidden costs

Terrible service: give themselves 100% window of error in delivery time ('1.5 to 3 months is normal') and are still 2 months late. Never give an update where your belongings are and use vagueness of their contract to charge extra for delivery.

Vicki

VickiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Kent Removals made it easy for me

I was very lucky to have John, Marty and William from the Operations team in Sydney.

Today was always going to be a tricky pickup job. I was moving most of my house furniture to storage due to losing my job. I really appreciated Michelle's flexibility with the pickup date in the booking. I had to change it and she really helped me out a lot.

John made sure that we had the best chance of a quick pickup by working out the best time with me. Marty and Will were experienced, and able to navigate the tricky loading situation. I was so lucky to have them. It was quick and very easy. They had so much experience and took such care with my things.

I will be sure to recommend Kent Removals and Storage to all my friends and family.

Kent R.Kent Removals & Storage

Hello Vicki - thank you for a fantastic review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. We are glad your move went smoothly despite a tricky loading situation. Thank you for using Kent Removals & Storage.
Sam - Customer Care Team

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.Sydney, NSW

Great Service!

We moved 2 apartments in to a new house - our removalists were very professional - they were on time, disassembled/reassembled all furniture and we didn't have anything break. Would definitely use them again!

Kent R.Kent Removals & Storage

Hello Jeremy - thank you for a fantastic review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. We are glad your move went smoothly and hope you are settling into your new home well. Thank you for using Kent Removals & Storage.
Sean - Customer Care Team

Damages incurred

Office LocationAdelaide
Quinton
Quinton

Exceptionally good service

I had a 4 bed +Study room items to be shifted from Perth to Melbourne.
Got a very good service from Kent removals.
They delivered all items in time and perfect condition.

Rob Booth

Rob BoothSydney, NSW

Really poor communication, lots of lies, poor service

I accepted a 7:30 to 9:30 time slot, the guys turned up at 13:14. Staff lied to me, the boss was very aggressive and basically said tough luck my agreed timeslot was not agreed it was only a request. I'd rather carry my own furniture than deal with Kent again and really recommend anyone booking them to be very specific about your needs and don't pay a deposit until you have seen the contract. Other rather use a more ethical company.

Trishamike66

Trishamike66Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outstanding from start to finish!!

Our move was a 3 bedroom unit from Brisbane to Adelaide. Everything went smoothly. Absolutely no damage to anything and the guys at both ends were professional and friendly. They arrived when they said they would and nothing was too much trouble. Neither of us had done a big move like this before, and we were quite nervous about our OLED TV, but we didn't need to be. We have no hesitation in recommending Kent to anyone who is doing a big move. Tip: get them to do the packing, they certainly know what they are doing!!

Office LocationBrisbane

Review collected in partnership with Kent Removals & Storage

Sam131

Sam131VIC, 3012

Wonderful Service Every Time

I have used these guys for both an interstate and local move and they are just fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble and they take so much care with your items. They even took a gate off the hinges so I could get a large fridge through a tight spot. The old saying of what you get what you pay for definitely applies to removalists and this is the case with Kent!

Office LocationBrisbane and Melbourne (Head Office)

Never use Kent

I used caloundra removals 3 months prior with less gear and they took 5 hrs and charged $800. Kent rocked up 5 hours late even though they knew the day before but didnt give warning. When they arrived two small blokes and the smallest truck I have ever seen. They said they had just been palmed the job. They called their manager and agreed to 5 hrs total. Completely lies and the move took 11 hrs total of 16 for me. To top it offer they have destroyed my $3000 leather brand new couch, worthless now. Oh and then they call and have a go at me cause I didnt want to pay the 11 hours. They still charged me $1350. I will be sure to continue to share my experience with as many people as possible. You are a disgrace.

Office LocationBrisbane
Ryan
Ryan

Why bother, you simply called to argue your point further to avoid accurate feedback. Perhaps a course in customer service and communication standards may be beneficial for your managers

Deb

DebGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling service

Domestic interstate move of contents from the 3 bedroom house. Furniture arrived broken and pictures damaged; the latter of which i asked them to pack professionally After delivery. Kent ignored all my contact with them

Office LocationAdelaide
Sam

SamPerth, WA

Perfect Work

I am so happy for the great work that was done by Rafael and Santos. Arrived on time, excellent customer service, professionalism, very polite and carried out the work efficiently without delays.

I highly recommend Kent for you all removals. Keep up the excellent work.

PME2012

PME2012AU

Poor communication, broken promises

Kent's Inventory isn't actually an Inventory but a list to determine costs, which caused considerable confusion. Small items were listed, but many larger items weren't. Recommend choosing a Removalist where you deal with only one person. Our shipments were not prioritised as mutually agreed and promised, nor did the second shipment arrive a few days after the first. Our first shipment contained winter clothes for use in 40 degree heat. Also gardening tools, including our wheelbarrow, but no computer, TV, etc. Our calls remained unanswered by Victoria when we endeavoured to determine when our 2nd shipment would arrive. The good news - nothing was broken! The packer was great!

Kent R.Kent Removals & Storage

Santos and Rafael were excellent! They were quick and professional and lovely to deal with.

Five bedroom home, 3 bathrooms, two lounge rooms.
Long distance.
Now started and finished on time.
Moving from Melbourne

Job Satisfaction
Amanda M.

Amanda M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unprofessional - unreliable and dodgy - do not use

I used Kent for a local move and to place some of my valuables into storage. I had previously used Kent for over 20 years.
The service itself was terrible - amateur crew who took over 9 hours to move a 2 bedroom apartment. Unprofessional- at times rude and the whole experience was a nightmare. They have since not been able to locate my items that were to go to store. This is stressful and unbelievable
They promise professional service but could not be more unprofessional
Do not care about customers
Do Not Use

fair value

fair value

Never again

An absolute nightmare. Negligent, uncaring, unprofessional.

Ruined my possession. Ruined my move. Accepted fault as it was blatant. Then they offered a $100 when I had paid for $15,000 worth of insurance. Disgusting.

Job Satisfaction