Kenwood Chef KVC3100

KVC3100S (Silver), KVC3100W (White)
5.0 from 1 review · View Statistics

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1 review
  • Safety
KateWestern District, VIC

Very pleased I updated.

Purchased in December 2019 at Betta Home Living for $360.00.

Kenwood
De'LonghiKenwood

Thanks for your feedback Kate, we really appreciate it :)

My pleasure!

Pawrrasked
Chef KVC3100S (Silver)

Thanks for your reply Kate, can you tell me who and where can l find a folding in' tool ? ........ to be honest, l never heard of them or seen one, only used a spatula
Many thanks

Kate

It's actually called a 'folding in tool' - my error. They are ~$69.00 and can be bought direct from Kenwood. I cannot place a link - not allowed on this site, I believe, but 'Kenwood mixers Australia' in your browser will get you there. You'll love the goodies available. The tool is number AT511, Chef size. Very good site. there are lots of things available and it pays to just put what you're interested in, into the browser and compare prices, but I've bought several direct from Kenwood.

Thank you ........

Kate

Pawrr - see my answer to Amandeep Cheema for a lot of stuff about my KVC 3000series Chef experience [Click 'see all questions about ....]

Pawrrasked
Chef KVC3100S (Silver)

does it have a low, slow start for the beater ?

Kate

Yes. It does, but you need to sort of go onto 'Min' slowly and very carefully, and carefully ensure that you don't move the dial further than just on. I have used it with beaters at very slow, i.e. 'min' quite easily. If you're thinking in terms of using a beater that way for folding in for scones/cakes/pastry etc, where you definitely don't want to, and should not actually beat the mixture, I would suggest you get a 'folding in' tool. They are pricey but work extremely well. I was amazed at how good it works, and it's a more effective method of folding and cutting in than with a knife or spoon. All the mixtures I've used it with have been far lighter than doing it with a knife or spoon, or any other tool. I did panic at first as it seemed to do it too quickly but just keep an eye on it and stop as soon as everything is blended and no longer. Do not over fill the bowl though, and keep WITHIN the weight and volume limits in the manual. Better to be no more than slightly under maximum.

Hanu D.
Hanu D.asked
Chef KVC3100

Hi ,is it good for dough?

Kenwood
DelonghiKenwood

Hi Hanu D,
Yes this machine is good for dough, you will find you have a great dough hook within your kit. So as to get use to how the machine works I would try some of the Kenwood recipes first as they will give you exact amounts to use.

Kate

I have been using Kenwood Chef-level machines for a few decades [since 1979], principally for bread dough. They are really good, BUT you MUST adhere to the maximum weight and final mix measurements, and SPEED, or you can eventually burn out the motor. I did that with my first 700 Series machine after about 15yrs of use and about 5 years of fortnightly bread making. I didn't heed the the maximums properly. I changed my last 900 Series machine after 12 careful years use simply to update/upgrade though it still worked perfectly. This KVC3100 model mixes perfectly at the speeds and quantities in the instructions, as stated by Delonghi. Check various websites for advice on how to know when a dough is ready for which type of mix.; greater care is needed with the drier, 'English' type, mix as it is much heavier to move around.

See all Kenwood Chef KVC3100 questions

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives

Compare both Kenwood Chef KVC3100