I have tried this mixer for the first time today, made sponge and Pav, they have turned out the best ever. I am very pleased with my purchase. I found it easy to use, quiet and effective, I hope it continues to perform with such excellence. I will be attempting a batter next.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Lilly, Thank you for reviewing your Stand Mixer. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with it! Happy baking and making! Best wishes, The KitchenAid Team

The best

This is the best thing ever. I thought it might be one of those things that I would buy and hardly use, but it’s so handy I use it about once a fortnight at least. The motor is so powerful, even to knead dough with the dough hook. The bowl size is more than adequate for the home cook.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Sam, Thanks for taking the time to leaving us a review. We are so happy to hear! Best, The KitchenAid Team

Poor Product

Very disappointed in our Kitchenaid mixer. We are lucky to use it once a month and just after 5 years (warranty period) it has failed. It trips the circuit breaker after 3-4 minutes of use. I would have thought that for the amount of money we pay for this product and the amount of use, it would have lasted much longer. Called Kitchenaid direct and said there is nothing they can do because its out of warranty...
My mum has a Kenwood mixer which is over 30 years old, beats the kitchenaid hands down.
I would never buy another kitchenaid branded product again!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Effortless mixing, gorgeous design

I love my KitchenAid standmixer! So far I have made foccacia bread, jam and custard doughnuts, and lime and coconut cake. This mixer runs smoothly, quietly and efficiently. It is a pleasure to use and takes the elbow grease out of cooking. I can't wait to try some of the KitchenAid accessories.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Annabel, Thanks for your message! We love that you love it! We hope you continue to enjoy using your KitchenAid to create more delicious delights. We have over 14+ attachments which is suitable with your mixer - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixer-attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

A must have for every kitchen.

My new KSM170 kitchen aid stand mixer beats a treat. In no time at all using the 2.5 liter mixing bowl I whipped up a gorgeous pavlova then topped it off with whipped cream beaten up in the same mixer. The family was really impressed and demolished the pavlova in no time at all. The 2.5 and 4.8 litre stainless steel mixing bowls and 4.7litre glass mixing bowl are easily interchanged between the two kitchen stand mixers I currently have in use in my kitchen. My existing mixer has been happily in service in my kitchen for over 20 years giving me no problems at all. I have successfully used the mincing and spiralising attachments with it. The specializing attachment is the best of its type I have seen in the market place.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Mickey, Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review and we are happy to hear your previous mixer has served you for two decades! We hope you continue enjoy using your mixers and the attachments. Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Kitchen aid replacement from my mothers hand me down from 35 years ago.

My hand me down broken down in October 2018 finally after 35 years.. I went out a brought a cheap mixer $20 BIGGEST MISTAKE, trouble from the first mix...researched and kept my eyes out for another kitchenaid as I knew they were expensive. Pre boxing sale from David Jones were half price. That’s when I brought my ksm160, I knew from past experience that it was worth the cost and the months of waiting for the right price. The updated model was fabulous, cakes, cream, bread WONDERFUL. i have used all the attachments and the two bowls, looking at maybe another attachment for the future when another appliance breaks down

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Lee, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your previous mixer served you a long time! We hope your new one serves you justice and continues to inspire you with cooking and baking. Best, The KitchenAid Team

Still learning

I've only owned my KitchenAid for a few weeks so haven't had a chance to try out many of its features. My first impression is that its weight and finish suggest excellent quality and the sturdiness is impressive. Like another reviewer I found that the mixer is too tall to fit in my appliance cupboard so had to put it out on the bench and this is probably just as well as it is too heavy to pull in and out of closed cupboards often. Having said that, it is attractive and I love the colour (Ice) so I don't begrudge giving it bench space.
I am also impressed by the quiet operating noise levels and my experience with making cake batter reassured me that it mixes both sides and bottom of the bowl very satisfactorily. Also found the online registration process user friendly and quick. So thumbs up so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Jill, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are glad you find the registration process straightforward. The longer you leave your stand mixer on the benchtop, the more you can admire it! We appreciate the feedback and hope it inspires you in the kitchen. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Best appliance ever.

I've used these mixers in a commercial environment for many years and they never skip a beat. Will last a lifetime. Finally splurged and bought myself one for home and it is equally amazing. The Ice cream churned attachment is brilliant too.
I've used a lot of the attachments, the only one I would say is average is the pasta roller. The pasta gets jammed easy and tears.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Aria, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your family of KitchenAid appliances! For the pasta, we recommend pressing it down on a table top to create a thin enough layer before feeding it through the roller. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Excellent customer service and an amazing product

My kitchen aid works amazing and I love using the dough hook immensely. The customer service is also amazing, I had a faulty beater and one email later, I had a new one sent free of charge (from kitchen aid). The enamel is beautiful and easy to wipe down. The small bowl is slightly less useful than the larger one, which can fit over 4 packets of cream cheese.
I’ve only used the mixer for baking breads, biscuits, mousse and cheesecakes. The mixer isn’t really heavy at all but is taller than most cupboard spaces in my home which makes it slightly difficult to store, it’s so pretty I leave it out though. It’s a quality mixer but I would not recommend getting the extra attachment like the vegetable spiraliser or patsa roller as for less or equal cost you can just purchase the original individual things.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Shane, Thank you for taking the time out to write about your experience with us. We love hearing feedback from our customers and hope you continue using it to create and inspire. The attachments are a great way to go beyond baking and use your Stand Mixer as an all in one in the kitchen, with ease and precision. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

My awesome Christmas present

My new KitchenAid mixer is everything I hoped it would be. It is quite, powerful and sturdy. It mixes without flinging dry ingredients into the air and gets to the bottom of the bowl every time. The colour is striking, I got red and the accessories allow you to use it for more than just a mixer. Love, love, love my new mixer.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Lee, Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the performance of your new machine! Happy Baking!

Disappointing purchase overall! Avoid at all costs!

Have used my Kitchenaid stand mixer KSM-170 a couple times so far. To make pasta dough and a couple cakes. In the dough making function/exercise the mixer is really unstable and you need to hold the units head firmly. Not what i expected from the Kitchenaid and the KSM-170. The general purpose and dough hook also comes in contact with the glass bowl. Have adjusted as requested by KitchenAid. Spoken to support and have been offered limited support. Emailed this week and they refuse to reply to offer support. The mixer and experience has been very disappointing. Poor effort Kitchenaid. I also purchased this month (Dec 2018) the blender and food processor. The blender experience has been a lot better than the Mixer KSM-170. Have only used the food processor once. Wish to return every kitchenaid product I have purchased now, stand mixer KSM170, Blender and food process plus all attachments that have not been used. Avoid Kitchenaid products at all cost. Support centre is poor.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Mike, We are sorry to hear that it hasn't met your expectations and for your experience so far with us. In regards to the dough hook, if it is too low it will push into the bowl, and cause the mixer head to bounce. Adjusting it to the right bowl clearance should fix this. There are instructions in the user and care guide or here on our website - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/blog/kitchenaid-tilt-head-stand-mixer-beater-bowl-clearance-hinge-pin-adjustment-0. This also applies to the beater and whisk, whereby adjusting it to the right clearance will mitigate bowl contact. If we can assist further, please email enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au and our customer service team will be more than happy to help. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Happy rather than ecstatic.

I have had my new KitchenAid mixer for about 3 weeks. It replaced an old Sunbeam I had for 43 years. Have christened it making a few Christmas cakes. The mixer appears to mix really well and is very solid although getting a fully incorporated mixture does take a little more effort with a scraper. I am already becoming comfortable with the different design elements to my old mixer, such as the fixed bowl. The classic design of the Artisan does incorporate a few joints in the casing that make thorough cleaning a more complex chore and there was a minor paint flaw that was obviously ignored before packing. This takes the shine off my new appliance.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Don't bank on the warranty

I bought this KSM170 stand mixer a few months ago, had no cause to use it for a while and when I did, I noticed a fault in the paint finish and that the chrome base was badly scratched. The unit was also very poorly adjusted and when I used the dough hook for the first time the machine was unbelievably jumpy and noisy before grinding to a halt - and I had to make a very large adjustment to ensure it started working properly.
Very apparent to me that this was a "second" that was not disclosed as such and the manufacturer response was that unless any issues with finish are reported within 14 days of purchase then they are not covered by a supposed 12 month warranty.
Their offer - about $30 worth of accessories to compensate for a very overpriced under-performing poorly finished piece of equipment.

I know where I won't be buying any future kitchen equipment.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Don’t know what I was waiting for.

Really happy with this product. Put of spending the money and one day bit the bullet.
Least regrettable purchase you’ll ever make. The quality is exceptional. I have the gunmetal grey look one with the glass bowl.
The bowl is dishwasher safe and so easy to clean considering it’s size.
The speeds come in a variety and good amount of options to choose from.
Comes with 3 different attachments - my favourite is the kneader and making pasta has never been easier.

Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Well Impressed

I have wanted a KitchenAid for a long time, love it now that I have it. Just one down side to it, is that it doesn't mix the bottom of the bowl and you have to use a scraper to mix back in. I also like that I have the option of the small bowl or the bigger bowl.
Love that it is as quiet as it is.

My dream has come true

Although have only just purchased my mixer I live it a d am very impressed with how quiet it is looking forward to lots of fun. I also have the processor attachment but have not used yet and Icecream maker will be much more fun . Looking forward to get other attachments in the future.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Why did I wait sooo long!!!

I honestly cant believe I waited so long to purchase one of these amazing machines! I've only had it for a week now & I've made the best vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted & several cakes. It looks beautiful in my kitchen, I highly recommend KitchenAid! Even for non cooks as it's just so easy!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Nicky, Thanks for your message and the great review. We are so happy to hear your about your experience with the stand mixer! We hope you continue to enjoy using it to whip up delicious treats! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

It's changed my life!

I use my KitchenAid at least a couple of times a week to make cakes, bread dough, and pasta dough. It truly has changed my life! Saves me so much and I can do other things while the machine is working away. The attachments are easy to change over, cleaning is a breeze and I also bought the smaller bowl, which is super handy. Definitely a worthy addition to my kitchen.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Moni, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

A true workhorse

Really love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It is so versatile and powerful yet will thoroughly incorporate ingredients without over processing. The unit sits on my kitchen bench and is a heavy piece of kit. That said, it is quick and easy to clean. Yes, it is expensive but parts should be available for many years to come and I've every confidence that this machine will last and last.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi there, Thanks so much for your review – we’re happy to hear you're pleased with your Stand Mixer! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Relaible

The mixer is totally easy to use, reliable with no fuss. With the number of speed, which makes it more easy for making pastries. The attachements and accessories are useful to whatever kind of food you are going to make. It is definitly worth buying if you decide to own one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Tata, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and its attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team