Beware the standards are slipping but the price is still very premium

I purchased a KitchenAid stand mixer for my mother since she has wanted one for so long and just never has the money for it. The stand mixer itself is very nicely made, the paint job is beautiful and it looks nice. But....for a mixer that is easily double the price of other leading brands you aren't getting the premium you are paying for. The bowls with this mixer aren't well made. In the larger bowl I could easily see three lumps that looked like dents in the bowl sides. But when I touched them there is no dent. This is clearly a machining process without good tolerances that enable the bowl to be anything except perfectly round. In a budget $99 mixer, you would accept this. In a near $1000 mixer you can't. The stainless bowl on my mothers $300 budget mixer in comparison is absolutely perfect even after 10yrs of use.

This is the only mixer on the market giving you an aluminium whisk attachment. Even the cheapest mixers on the market give you a stainless one. There just isn't any excuse for this at all in a mixer costing almost a grand. You get the impression that Kitchenaid are just riding on their reputation and cutting corners everywhere in the process.

The rest of the beaters are aluminium also which is standard, and at least these ones are powder coated white. But what I can't understand is the lack of finishing on them. You can easily see the casting lines on these attachments, something that would be a 3 min job on a grinder to get rid of before it was powder coated, giving you a product that looks as premium as it's price tag.

The motor is less noisy than other brands and the direct drive is what enables a kitchenaid to function well with a 300 watt motor while it's competitors used 1200 watts. But that alone cannot justify the price given the poor quality of the rest of the parts. For the price I absolutely expected the worlds best mixer, with nicely finished parts and a stainless steel whisk. What I got was a nicely finished motor with attachments so cheap they would embarrass a mid-range $300 model. If you want to claim to be the best and slap a price tag on it few can really afford then at least deliver in the premium category.

If you buy a kitchenaid I absolutely recommend only buying their basic 300W tilt head model and buying aftermarket attachments for it which are bound to be better quality than the ones that come with the machine. Despite the confusing array of model numbers all the (300W) tilt head machines are the same, it's only the number of attachments in the box which differ. None of the kitchenaid brand attachments are anything to write home about. Aftermarket ones would be an improvement and also cheaper.

Purchased in May 2019.

Safety

Awful product and customer service -

purchased with a manufacturer fault which I waited 6 weeks to receive any information about this item, I continued to make contact as I didn’t not hear from either party. After receiving my mixer back it had scratches all over it! I Hadn’t even used it. It came back worse then I had sent it. Again I sent it to them advising them of this issue - I waited approx 1 month to hear this is wear and tear. I am disappointed in the service to not only have owned it less then one year but to only has used it maybe 5 times. I won’t be purchasing from them again.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

I cant fault it

After alot of waiting around for the perfect price i finally bite the bullet and gave my arms a well needed rest. The Kitchen aid performance is faultless and i have never had any drama or difficulties using different ingredients. The only downfall is the price of attachments are insanely expensive and sometimes food in the bowl will rise above the beaters. The bowl is a nice decent size and seems very well made.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kogan.com for $499.00.

so love my new Kitchen Aid

I must admit i was devostated when my thermomix broke down. A friend had one of these and loved it so i decided to buy one. I have never looked back amazing product

Purchased in March 2019 at Catch Deal for $600.00.

Safety

It’s staying on the bench top

After only a week since purchasing this mixer I am convinced that it has changed my life! I made sfincione and it was the dough I have been striving for for over twenty years. Can’t wait to try my standard pizza dough and I’m looking forward to trying the brioche from the Kitchenaid recipe site.

Purchased in February 2019 for $529.00.

Durable well made product

Off the box my first impression is that this is a very well made solid product. I’m hoping that it will be as durable as it seems. It works well and does the job that it is meant to do plus more. The number of accessories is amazing - more than what I can afford or use. Still it’s good to know that the option is there. Will definitely recommend.

Purchased in January 2019.

Terrible

Broke down early on. Good motor but the rest makes it over priced and not fix for purpose. No good for making bread even though it comes with a mixing arm.

Purchased in April 2015.

Safety

I can't believe I waited so long to buy one!

I received this stand mixer for Christmas after much debate and research. I absolutely love it. I bake and it has quietly and efficiently done it's job. I have made dough, pavlovas, cakes, biscuits, etc. You do have to stop and scrape the sides every now and then but nothing like the cheap mixers I have had in the past. I will never be without a Kitchen Aid mixer again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $494.00.

Safety
Hi there, Thanks for your message and taking the time to leave a review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your mixer! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

My Best Friend in the Kitchen

How I love my KitchenAid KSM160 Artisan-Ice... could not be happier with motor performance - a lot quieter than my previous Kenwood of 40 years. The KitchenAid works very well with different food types aided by the skilled design of the attachments & accessories - especially the rubber edged mixing blade...I also have the glass bowl for summertime pavlovas n mango mousse in Australia:) The capacity of each bowl is perfect for keeping the ingredients inside the bowls & not up the wall.... The KitchenAid is good old American ingenuity & great to see made in USA & the choice of colours is wonderful. My KitchenAid is a piece of working art in my Kitchen - I absolutely love it - thank you KitchenAid:)

Why is my review still pending???

Love it and should have bought one years ago!

Love the mixer. Mixing bowls are a great size. Good basic attachments provided, but I do find the cost of extra beaters excessive! Why do they have to be so expensive? Love the bowl shield that came with the machine! Saves a lot of mess.

Purchased in June 2018.

Wow!!

I had a old sunbeam from my om previously and when i received my kitchenaid i couldnt believe the difference. The ease of use, ease of cleaning and how quiet the motor is!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Safety

I have tried this mixer for the first time today, made sponge and Pav, they have turned out the best ever. I am very pleased with my purchase. I found it easy to use, quiet and effective, I hope it continues to perform with such excellence. I will be attempting a batter next.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Lilly, Thank you for reviewing your Stand Mixer. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with it! Happy baking and making! Best wishes, The KitchenAid Team

The best

This is the best thing ever. I thought it might be one of those things that I would buy and hardly use, but it’s so handy I use it about once a fortnight at least. The motor is so powerful, even to knead dough with the dough hook. The bowl size is more than adequate for the home cook.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Sam, Thanks for taking the time to leaving us a review. We are so happy to hear! Best, The KitchenAid Team

Poor Product

Very disappointed in our Kitchenaid mixer. We are lucky to use it once a month and just after 5 years (warranty period) it has failed. It trips the circuit breaker after 3-4 minutes of use. I would have thought that for the amount of money we pay for this product and the amount of use, it would have lasted much longer. Called Kitchenaid direct and said there is nothing they can do because its out of warranty...
My mum has a Kenwood mixer which is over 30 years old, beats the kitchenaid hands down.
I would never buy another kitchenaid branded product again!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Effortless mixing, gorgeous design

I love my KitchenAid standmixer! So far I have made foccacia bread, jam and custard doughnuts, and lime and coconut cake. This mixer runs smoothly, quietly and efficiently. It is a pleasure to use and takes the elbow grease out of cooking. I can't wait to try some of the KitchenAid accessories.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Annabel, Thanks for your message! We love that you love it! We hope you continue to enjoy using your KitchenAid to create more delicious delights. We have over 14+ attachments which is suitable with your mixer - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixer-attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

A must have for every kitchen.

My new KSM170 kitchen aid stand mixer beats a treat. In no time at all using the 2.5 liter mixing bowl I whipped up a gorgeous pavlova then topped it off with whipped cream beaten up in the same mixer. The family was really impressed and demolished the pavlova in no time at all. The 2.5 and 4.8 litre stainless steel mixing bowls and 4.7litre glass mixing bowl are easily interchanged between the two kitchen stand mixers I currently have in use in my kitchen. My existing mixer has been happily in service in my kitchen for over 20 years giving me no problems at all. I have successfully used the mincing and spiralising attachments with it. The specializing attachment is the best of its type I have seen in the market place.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Mickey, Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review and we are happy to hear your previous mixer has served you for two decades! We hope you continue enjoy using your mixers and the attachments. Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Kitchen aid replacement from my mothers hand me down from 35 years ago.

My hand me down broken down in October 2018 finally after 35 years.. I went out a brought a cheap mixer $20 BIGGEST MISTAKE, trouble from the first mix...researched and kept my eyes out for another kitchenaid as I knew they were expensive. Pre boxing sale from David Jones were half price. That’s when I brought my ksm160, I knew from past experience that it was worth the cost and the months of waiting for the right price. The updated model was fabulous, cakes, cream, bread WONDERFUL. i have used all the attachments and the two bowls, looking at maybe another attachment for the future when another appliance breaks down

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Lee, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your previous mixer served you a long time! We hope your new one serves you justice and continues to inspire you with cooking and baking. Best, The KitchenAid Team

Still learning

I've only owned my KitchenAid for a few weeks so haven't had a chance to try out many of its features. My first impression is that its weight and finish suggest excellent quality and the sturdiness is impressive. Like another reviewer I found that the mixer is too tall to fit in my appliance cupboard so had to put it out on the bench and this is probably just as well as it is too heavy to pull in and out of closed cupboards often. Having said that, it is attractive and I love the colour (Ice) so I don't begrudge giving it bench space.
I am also impressed by the quiet operating noise levels and my experience with making cake batter reassured me that it mixes both sides and bottom of the bowl very satisfactorily. Also found the online registration process user friendly and quick. So thumbs up so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Jill, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are glad you find the registration process straightforward. The longer you leave your stand mixer on the benchtop, the more you can admire it! We appreciate the feedback and hope it inspires you in the kitchen. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Best appliance ever.

I've used these mixers in a commercial environment for many years and they never skip a beat. Will last a lifetime. Finally splurged and bought myself one for home and it is equally amazing. The Ice cream churned attachment is brilliant too.
I've used a lot of the attachments, the only one I would say is average is the pasta roller. The pasta gets jammed easy and tears.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Aria, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your family of KitchenAid appliances! For the pasta, we recommend pressing it down on a table top to create a thin enough layer before feeding it through the roller. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Excellent customer service and an amazing product

My kitchen aid works amazing and I love using the dough hook immensely. The customer service is also amazing, I had a faulty beater and one email later, I had a new one sent free of charge (from kitchen aid). The enamel is beautiful and easy to wipe down. The small bowl is slightly less useful than the larger one, which can fit over 4 packets of cream cheese.
I’ve only used the mixer for baking breads, biscuits, mousse and cheesecakes. The mixer isn’t really heavy at all but is taller than most cupboard spaces in my home which makes it slightly difficult to store, it’s so pretty I leave it out though. It’s a quality mixer but I would not recommend getting the extra attachment like the vegetable spiraliser or patsa roller as for less or equal cost you can just purchase the original individual things.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Shane, Thank you for taking the time out to write about your experience with us. We love hearing feedback from our customers and hope you continue using it to create and inspire. The attachments are a great way to go beyond baking and use your Stand Mixer as an all in one in the kitchen, with ease and precision. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

I planning to buy kitchen aid mixer, but confused wich one between kms160 or kms170. I make 2 bread every 3 day and love to starting make cakes and cookies. Wich mixer will be good for me especially to mix the bread dough, l stragglers with my hand. Thank you for your help

I use the Pasta attachments at least once a week , but the screw that holds it together is very difficult to thread in, tonight it fell out and landed on top of my hand, don't know what weight the pasta attachment is but this is dangerous !

i want to buy either a Kitchen Aid Mixer or a Kitchen Aid Food Processor..Im a very basic cook and don't know what would be the best all-rounder machine for me to buy
Hi Toffi, Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please let us know if you bake a lot? If you do, we recommend the Stand Mixer as it is the go to for making cakes, bread, pastries, dough - the list is endless! The hub on the Stand Mixer allows you to grow beyond baking, where you can attach over 14 different attachments which ranges from pasta attachments, spiralizer, meat grinders and the vegetable sheet cutter. The food processor is great for meal preparation for slicing, dicing, pureeing and chopping. You can find more information on our website here. Stand Mixer - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixers Stand Mixer Attachments - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixer-attachments Food Processors - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/food-processors-products. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

KSM150 ArtisanKSM160 ArtisanKSM170KSM155 ArtisanKSM156