Excellent!

Heavy and reliable, would not even make a slight move when mixing. Controls are convenient to use. Bowls are made of steel of very good quality. We also purchased a mincer attachment, which we also like.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $559.00.

Safety

Not as powerful for kneading bread dough

You would have to spend longer time kneading the bread dough compared to using the commercial mixer. Otherwise, so far so good. I like the pink colour. I almost bought the smaller/ mini version of it. The 2 metal bowls option are better than the one glass bowl option. I have not tried the rubber scraper that comes with the paddle. I bought it on special at David Jones. I received a gift with purchase - ice cream maker.

Purchased in October 2018 for $584.00.

Safety

Very glad I purchased this mixer

This is a great mixer. It is solid so it doesn’t move when mixing. However this also means that it is heavy and hard to move. Mine lives on my kitchen bench because it’s easier than moving it in and out of a cupboard each time I want to use it. The glass mixing bowl is beautiful and my mixer is the mother of pearl finish which is stunning. It’s quiet enough to use that it doesn’t wake my sleeping baby when on. Mixes throughly and easily cuts down baking/cooking time. All round a great mixer.

Purchased in September 2018 at House for $599.00.

Safety

In love with this mixer!

I've wanted one of these for about 10years. I got the chance to use one in a workplace (professional model) and really liked it. Ours was gifted as a wedding present along with the pasta maker attachments and I love it. It is study and powerful. It doesn't feel tech-y and advanced - just a good simple mixer that works well. It is definitely a heavy machine so needs considered storage (i.e. lifting it down from a height is a bit tricky). I haven't found it to be excessively noisy which was my problem with my last mixer and the mixing attachments are great. Just make sure you read the washing instructions and don't put the whisk in the dishwasher like we did! Pasta attachments are easy to use and make pasta making so quick. Can't wait to try more attachments like the ice cream maker!

Purchased in May 2019 at Peter's of Kensington Online store.

Treat Yo-Self!

KitchenAid has always been a dream of mine. I love to cook and back, amature home style.
I decided to finally treat myself and I'm very glad I did.
The motor can take as much abuse as you can throw at it, I'm always changing speed or stopping at a moments notice, and it's not an issue. KitchenAid has endurance.
I like to make everything from bread and pizza doughs, cake batters, whipped cream and the list goes on. I can make just about anything hassle free especially with all the attachments.
I can easily change my balloon whisk to the paddle or dough hooks in one simple move, brilliant.
Have I mentioned that my KitchenAid can turn itself into at least 15 other household appliances thanks to the optional attachments? Amazing!
You will pay more, but I can whole heartedly guarantee that you're paying fir quality & perfection.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse.

Beautiful piece of machinery

Very good quality machine, with strong motor and excellent workmanship.
Would have liked an extra bowl as in for the KSM160 machine, however I choose colour over the extra bowl as it matched my cook processor.
Great capacity bowl for a large family.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Chefs Toolbox for $499.00.

Great Machine love it

Mixes really well, love the look of this machine and the accessories you can buy for it but best of all I got a free pasta making attachment. Big mixing bowl in stainless steel plus a extra smaller bowl and the bowls have handles makes it so much easier.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $598.00.

Great mixer

Great mixer.
Very powerful especially for thicker mixtures like biscuits etc.
Beats eggs very well and very quickly.
Comes with many great attachments with a greay variety of extra attachments for purchase.
Large mixing bowl is plenty big enough for double batches of cookie dough etc

Purchased in May 2017 at Catch Deal for $529.00.

It was good, but.....

OK, my old mixer was coming to the end of it's life, I make a lot of cakes, so before it died I needed a new mixer to replace it. My old mixer was a Kenwood - a fantastic workhorse for 28 years, probably a service would have made it like new, but I thought "what the hey", I just put in a new kitchen, let's get a new flashy mixer to go with it. I went with the KitchenAid - pretty much because I thought I needed a mixer that would take a smaller bowl along with the large bowl which Kenwood doesn't do. The next thing that flipped me to KitchenAid is that they are just such a bloody good looking mixer - yes, call me superficial.

OK, I get it on the bench, throw in a single quantity cake mix, and damm, that mixer mixes well. I was a bit grumpy with the flour etc that it throws up out of the bowl when you first turn the mixer on to start mixing (even with the splash guard on).

Mixes cream cheese frostings like a pro - no need to keep scraping the bowl down - does this really well.

I also bought the Ice-cream bowl with it - this worked really well, I have only ever made ice-cream without all the whiz bang stuff, so this was super impressive.

The inadequacy of this mixer became apparent to me when I did a double batch of cup cakes in it. The bowl just isn't big enough. I have to make two separate batches of cake otherwise the mix just ends up flying out of the bowl all over the bench. I do have a tendency to make bigger than normal (like not massive, but like a 27 inch cake tin capacity cake) cake and I have found, the KitchenAid just doesn't cut it with the size of the bowl and the splash guard really doesn't fit well and do what it should do.

For your average baker, yes, I would recommend it. As I said, it is a damm mighty sexy looking unit, but as we all know, looks are not everything. So, I'm back with a new Kenwood. I will review this after a few more uses.

Purchased in February 2019 for $800.00.

Awesome Machine. Highly recommend

My mum always had a sunbeam and it lasted for decades. I bought one and it lasted 2 years if I was lucky. Had the ability to purchase a Kitchenaid and it is a fantastic machine. Far better than the new sunbeams on the market. It feels well built and does a great job. I bake alot and this machine has been fantastic. Where the same amount of baking burnt out the motor in the sunbeams. Unfortunately they do not seem built to last the decades anymore. My Kitchenaid has not skipped a beat. I would highly recommend buying one if you like to bake. Every house should have one.

Purchased in August 2015 for $500.00.

Safety

Beware the standards are slipping but the price is still very premium

I purchased a KitchenAid stand mixer for my mother since she has wanted one for so long and just never has the money for it. The stand mixer itself is very nicely made, the paint job is beautiful and it looks nice. But....for a mixer that is easily double the price of other leading brands [RRP] you aren't getting the premium you are paying for. The bowls with this mixer aren't well made. In the larger bowl I could easily see three lumps that looked like dents in the bowl sides. But when I touched them there is no dent. This is clearly a machining process without good tolerances that enable the bowl to be anything except perfectly round. In a budget $99 mixer, you would accept this. In a near $1000 mixer you can't. The stainless bowl on my mothers $300 budget mixer in comparison is absolutely perfect even after 10yrs of use.

This is the only mixer on the market giving you an aluminium whisk attachment. Even the cheapest mixers on the market give you a stainless one. There just isn't any excuse for this at all in a mixer asking almost a grand. You get the impression that Kitchenaid are just riding on their reputation and cutting corners everywhere in the process.

The rest of the beaters are aluminium also which is standard, and at least these ones are powder coated white. But what I can't understand is the lack of finishing on them. You can easily see the casting lines on these attachments, something that would be a 3 min job on a grinder to get rid of before it was powder coated, giving you a product that looks as premium as it's price tag.

The motor is less noisy than other brands and the direct drive is what enables a kitchenaid to function well with a 300 watt motor while it's competitors used 1200 watts. But that alone cannot justify the price given the poor quality of the rest of the parts. For the price I absolutely expected the worlds best mixer, with nicely finished parts and a stainless steel whisk. What I got was a nicely finished motor with attachments so cheap they would embarrass a mid-range $300 model. If you want to claim to be the best and slap a price tag on it few can really afford then at least deliver in the premium category.

If you buy a kitchenaid I absolutely recommend only buying their basic 300W tilt head model and buying aftermarket attachments for it which are bound to be better quality than the ones that come with the machine. Despite the confusing array of model numbers all the (300W) tilt head machines are the same, it's only the number of attachments in the box which differ. None of the kitchenaid brand attachments are anything to write home about. Aftermarket ones would be an improvement and also cheaper.

Purchased in May 2019.

Safety

Awful product and customer service -

purchased with a manufacturer fault which I waited 6 weeks to receive any information about this item, I continued to make contact as I didn’t not hear from either party. After receiving my mixer back it had scratches all over it! I Hadn’t even used it. It came back worse then I had sent it. Again I sent it to them advising them of this issue - I waited approx 1 month to hear this is wear and tear. I am disappointed in the service to not only have owned it less then one year but to only has used it maybe 5 times. I won’t be purchasing from them again.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

I cant fault it

After alot of waiting around for the perfect price i finally bite the bullet and gave my arms a well needed rest. The Kitchen aid performance is faultless and i have never had any drama or difficulties using different ingredients. The only downfall is the price of attachments are insanely expensive and sometimes food in the bowl will rise above the beaters. The bowl is a nice decent size and seems very well made.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kogan.com for $499.00.

so love my new Kitchen Aid

I must admit i was devostated when my thermomix broke down. A friend had one of these and loved it so i decided to buy one. I have never looked back amazing product

Purchased in March 2019 at Catch Deal for $600.00.

Safety

It’s staying on the bench top

After only a week since purchasing this mixer I am convinced that it has changed my life! I made sfincione and it was the dough I have been striving for for over twenty years. Can’t wait to try my standard pizza dough and I’m looking forward to trying the brioche from the Kitchenaid recipe site.

Purchased in February 2019 for $529.00.

Durable well made product

Off the box my first impression is that this is a very well made solid product. I’m hoping that it will be as durable as it seems. It works well and does the job that it is meant to do plus more. The number of accessories is amazing - more than what I can afford or use. Still it’s good to know that the option is there. Will definitely recommend.

Purchased in January 2019.

Terrible

Broke down early on. Good motor but the rest makes it over priced and not fix for purpose. No good for making bread even though it comes with a mixing arm.

Purchased in April 2015.

Safety

I can't believe I waited so long to buy one!

I received this stand mixer for Christmas after much debate and research. I absolutely love it. I bake and it has quietly and efficiently done it's job. I have made dough, pavlovas, cakes, biscuits, etc. You do have to stop and scrape the sides every now and then but nothing like the cheap mixers I have had in the past. I will never be without a Kitchen Aid mixer again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $494.00.

Safety
Hi there, Thanks for your message and taking the time to leave a review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your mixer! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

My Best Friend in the Kitchen

How I love my KitchenAid KSM160 Artisan-Ice... could not be happier with motor performance - a lot quieter than my previous Kenwood of 40 years. The KitchenAid works very well with different food types aided by the skilled design of the attachments & accessories - especially the rubber edged mixing blade...I also have the glass bowl for summertime pavlovas n mango mousse in Australia:) The capacity of each bowl is perfect for keeping the ingredients inside the bowls & not up the wall.... The KitchenAid is good old American ingenuity & great to see made in USA & the choice of colours is wonderful. My KitchenAid is a piece of working art in my Kitchen - I absolutely love it - thank you KitchenAid:)

Why is my review still pending???

Love it and should have bought one years ago!

Love the mixer. Mixing bowls are a great size. Good basic attachments provided, but I do find the cost of extra beaters excessive! Why do they have to be so expensive? Love the bowl shield that came with the machine! Saves a lot of mess.

Purchased in June 2018.

Safety

I have a question the 5ksm160 came with 2 bowls beater, whisk and hook , was it supposed to come with a pouring shield as well like the ksm160 as it didnt
Hi Judi, both the KSM150 and KSM160 include the pouring shield. Can you please reach out to our customer care team on 1800 990 990 and they will be able to assist further? Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Hi. I have a ksm150. I was planning on buying an extra bowl for it. I Am getting a 4.7 ltr bowl at a shop near me but wasn't sure it will fit as I suppose ksm150 has a 4.8ltr bowl. Let me know if that is ok or which one to buy
Whether or not the bowl will fit has more to do with how it locks into the machine than anything else. The size of the bowl won't make much difference. However ensure the bowl is made specially for use with kitchenaids as they need a particular diameter and shape in other for the beater action to be effective, and they have a lock in mechanism that is different in manufacture than most other brands. A universal one may not work.Hi Aarti, we recommend purhasing the 4.8L stainless steel bowl for the KSM150. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

I planning to buy kitchen aid mixer, but confused wich one between kms160 or kms170. I make 2 bread every 3 day and love to starting make cakes and cookies. Wich mixer will be good for me especially to mix the bread dough, l stragglers with my hand. Thank you for your help

KitchenAid KSM150 ArtisanKitchenAid KSM160 ArtisanKitchenAid KSM170KitchenAid KSM155 ArtisanKitchenAid KSM156
CategoryBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food Mixers
TypeBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtopBenchtop