KitchenAid Stand Mixer

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety

Lee

LeeSydney, NSW

Great machine but already found a chip

Bought this great looking hand mixer stand for my daughter during the breakdown. It works well and my adult daughter enjoyed using it. However, I noticed that there is a chip in one of the dough hook sometime ago. How do I go about claiming under warranty for a replacement part?

Thanks,

Lee

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Mum of 3

Mum of 3Hunter Region, NSW

Un-reliable

Purchased in august, machine performed really well. Was kneading bread dough recently 1/2 the quantity I usually do - machine stopped spinning. Have reached out to Kitchen Aid they have failed to reply.

Purchased in August 2020 for $630.00.

Fabulous follow up customer service

I have had my Kitchen Aid for nearly a year and I have been soooo impressed with the follow up service. I have experienced problems with two of the attachments, chipping of coating etc, and have had immediate feedback and both attachments have been replaced. I couldn’t be happier with the speedy response I have had from kitchen Aid. I also absolutely love the appliance and wish I’d bought myself one much earlier.
Claire Hogan

Purchased in April 2020.

Martine A.

Martine A.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Machine!

Was given this machine as an engagement gift in March 2014. From then it's been used almost daily! We have bought multiple attachments and it's a staple in our kitchen. The machine has made everything from birthday cakes for our family, pizza dough for Friday nights in, macaroons and most importantly the insane amount of Christmas baking that we do every year. Including double sugar biscuit dough! It takes pride in my kitchen and hope it will last for years to come!

Purchased in March 2014.

Martine A.

Martine A.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Machine!

Purchased in March 2014.

BK15

BK15Melbourne

I use it everyday

I use this stand mixer every single day ! I cannot live without it. I use it for making dough, baking, making fresh butter, whipped cream and so on ! The only regret that I have is that to use the whisk attachment, I need to change the height of stand mixer using a screwdriver every single time. That is really painful. I tried contacting someone about it long back but got no response whatsoever . Apart from this, it is a fantastic product.

Purchased in May 2016.

Daleellama

DaleellamaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A fantastic machine

I bought this mixer as a surprise birthday present for my wife in August (after she had been dropping not-so-subtle hints for a while) and we’ve been using in almost non stop since. So easy to use. Easy to clean. Would definitely recommend to others.

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for $654.00.

SAMMY

SAMMYHobart, TAS

Great mixers

I have bought my first kitchenaid mixer about 6 years ago and haven't looked back. Infact only last year I bought another one as I use them for some commercial use as well. Have to say I havent had an issue with either one. Very reliable and comes with 3 mixing attachments , a paddle attachment, whisk and a dough hook. The only complaint I have is that it is a bit heavy to move and lift. Other than that great well made products. I also have 2 kitchen aid blenders. One 12 cup one and a 7 cup one. 7 cup one is brilliant. Easy and compact and does the job. Purees things lovely and chops things perfectly. I guess sometimes you do get what you pay for

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for $699.00.

Greg L.

Greg L.Central West, NSW

No product service

My kitchenaid mixer has stopped working after 4 years of regular use. I tried to contact kitchenaid customer service but they didn't answer the phone after 20min of waiting, they say they will answer an email within 14 days, this service is not acceptable. They don't have a service representative anywhere but the east coast. Do not buy a kitchenaid and expect them to honour their warranty.

Purchased in March 2016.

RDD

RDDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not happy..still waiting for response

Purchased in August 2020 at Kogan.com.

WA Customer

WA CustomerPerth, WA

No Customer Service

This mixer worked well until it didn't. Since then, I have emailed the Australian Agents and rung them on several occasions. They do not answer the phone (after 45 minutes on hold each time) and they do NOT answer emails. I would suggest buy another product as the customer service fro Kitchen Aid is non-existent. I also have a Kitchen Aid blender that is not working at present. This brand is really expensive but the back-up is pathetic.

Purchased in February 2018 at Myer for $650.00.

Disappointed

My Kitchen Aid broke within the warranty period and no response for months after many mails and calls. They simply do not know the meaning of a warranty. Why promise if they cannot respect ? Really disappointed.

Wendy

WendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Underpowered and in constant need of adjustment.

Sam

SamCanberra

Overpriced and overrated

My mother bought my wife one of these for her 30th birthday. First motor blew after about 3 months so we took it back to Myer who replaced it no questions asked. The second one is still going but the motor struggles on any dough you try putting through. The dough hook is poorly designed and you end up with more dough around the attachment head than you do actually mixing in the bowl so its easier to take it out and do it by hand. The beater and scraper attachment don't scrape all the way to the bottom of the bowl either so it never actually mixes anything properly. Pretty unimpressed with it to be honest, the Kenwood we had which it replaced was miles better, should have just kept it

Purchased in November 2017 at Myer for $625.00.

Aaron A.

Aaron A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Make my life easier and our kitchen cleaner

Easy to use.
Fast.
great quality.
It is an expensive product. We didn't get it in the past because of its high price tag. We bought it when harvey norman was doing a sale.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Damaged Products

We ordered a KSM177 however, all the products received were damaged, and when we tried to contact customer service we did not get a response from them. Don't order from them they are sending damaged products to customers.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kitchen Aid Australia for $749.00.

Overpriced Rubbish

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Kuia

Kuia

Birthday Happy

Recieved as a gift and replaced my Kenwood Chef. Lovely mixer to use. Solid and well engineered. Handles my multiple Christmas cake bakes with ease. Easy clean up. Happy to give it bench space. Also have Kitchenaid Diamond blender.

Purchased in April 2019.

FairLady

FairLadySydney, NSW

Small bowl has different base depth

I bought the KSM 160 to get 2 bowls instead of the other model with just one bowl. To my disappointment, the smaller bowl does not allow the ingredients to be mixed thoroughly. I rang the company and was told to adjust the attachment . I told them that I don't want to adjust it because the bigger bowl fits just right. I asked if I could get a replacement or refund for the bowl, they refused. In summary, don't buy the KSM 160. Maybe try the one that has only one bowl.

Purchased in October 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $585.00.

Shanice A

Shanice AGoulburn Valley, VIC

What did I do before this?

I purchased my KitchenAid from Kitchen Warehouse in Moorabbin, VIC in June 2019. What a powerful beauty she is! I’ve made bread dough in it mainly and it copes fine with it. The attachments are great! It looks lovely in my kitchen and I don’t know where I would be without it. Worth the money spent! It is a very heavy mixer but that is a good thing because it means it’s sturdy. It’s not overly loud when it’s on full ball but it does have a powerful engine so the noise doesn’t bother me. I was lucky enough to get this on sale at the store.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse VIC, Moorabbin for $585.00.

Marisella V.

Marisella V.asked

KSM150 Artisan

I have a KSM150 Artisan. Will a 4qt bowl fit this mixer? If so where I can I buy it?

PETER

PETERasked

Kitchen aid ksm150
Should the attachment shaft be spring loaded?
Our kitchen aid came without it .

Gayaasked

KSM150 Artisan

I bought KSM 150 mixer from mighty ape a couple of week ago. Last weekend opened package and try to remove wire whip from beater shaft it was so tight and couldn’t come out easily. I notice that there was no spring on beater shaft. Is that normal or any defect?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Get a friend to ring them for an immediate answer rather that use a review site

Gaya

Thanks, I contacted them via email and posted on this site while waiting for there reply. They contact me today and sorted

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives

When it comes to the KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, this iconic household brand doesn’t disappoint. With a powerful motor, 10 speed settings, and planetary mixing action, there’s a lot to love.

While KitchenAid stand mixers aren’t exactly cheap, the fact that they were the Product Review Award Winners from 2017-2019 makes a definitive statement about their quality.

The standard inclusions with these KitchenAid mixers are a flat beater, stainless steel wire whisk, dough hook and pouring shield. It’s also worth noting that the only difference between the KSM150 model and the KSM160 is this: the KSM150 only comes with a 4.8L bowl, while the KSM160 includes both a 4.8L bowl and a smaller 2.8L bowl.

Features:

• 10 variable speeds allow you to create a variety of textures, catering to both a slow stir and a fast whip
  • Tilt-head design allows you to easily access ingredients and check on the mixing progress
  • Planetary mixing action ensures ingredients don’t get stuck to the sides of the bowl and are mixed evenly and thoroughly
  • Full metal construction and stainless steel bowl attest to this stand mixer's durable build quality.
Compare all 6 KitchenAid Stand Mixer

3.8
KitchenAid KSM155 Artisan
  • Discontinued

KitchenAid KSM155 Artisan

CategoryBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food MixersBenchtop Food Mixers
TypeBenchtop