Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100

Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100

KVL4100S (Silver), KVL4100W (White)

• Safety

pammyPerth, WA

a cooks delight

performs extremely well ,still getting around all the gadgets ,this is mynsecond machine and i love it ,washes easy i have a seperate drawer for all the bits so its easy to asemble

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,000.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Pammy, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear your Chef XL is treating you so well. Best, Kenwood

JCLTasmania

Great Mixer but a bit noisy

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you're pleased with the machine and hope the noise level isn't too bad.

Bill

BillMelbourne

Wife can’t live without it

I bought this mixer for my wife this mothers day and she was so happy. I can say my mum has been using her kenwood for years and they are so pleased with this mixer.
She really loves it for dough making and can easily make 1-1.5kg mixes with ease. The machine is a little quieter than the previous model and she is happy that the small filter is no visible on this model. Its disappointing that this model no longer comes with the thermo glass blender and food grinder, but other wise great value for money for those people who dont use them.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Bill, this is so great to hear! Thanks for your review and all the best with you and your wife's cooking adventures. Best, Kenwood

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Alison Jane L.asked

I just bough an Xl and cant figure out the speed to knead bread dough. And what is the min and max quantity and time to knead?Eg if 500gms takes 10 mins does 1kg take 20 mins? Thanks

JCL

Making bread was one of the main reasons I bought mine. I spent a lot of time looking for the answer to this question and in the end, the answer is that there is no wrong answer.

Generally speaking I would suggest mixing by hand (spoon) initially just to get everything together a little bit. Then start at a slow speed until you have a ball forming, from there turn it up to around 3-4 (relatively low-moderate speed) for up to 10min of kneeding.

If you go too quickly the dough will fling off the kneeding tool and will heat up affecting the gluten.

Bread is fairly temperamental and affected by lots of factors so just play around a bit with what I’ve suggest above, hope it helps.

Alison Jane L.

Thank you very much for your response. That explains why my gluten was breaking down. I was following the same procedure as my kenwood 4.8l titanium chef not realizing this bowl is soo much bigger needing a diff technique

Genevieve R.

Genevieve R.asked

Just bought mine. Only after a gre uses I can’t get it to release!!! Currently got a mix I can get out! It’s release is at the back. Please help!

pammy

Get in touch with company,or get partner to try to release,I’ve found that my whisk attachment does not get to bottom of bowl can’t get it down

JCL

I'm in agreement with Pammy, that sounds like a mechanical problem with the latch.
Since the machine is brand new it will be covered under the initial manufactures warranty, I'd suggest cleaning it out and taking it back to the place of purchase. It's a hassle but they will often just replace it for you.

Hi Genevieve,

That's no good. If you can please give us a call on 1800 126 659 we will do our best to help out.

Regards,

Meme M.

Meme M.asked

I bought it one month ago .I am so happy,but I thought it can mix minimum amount of egg and flour . I tried and didn’t work out.
Does small bowl 4.6 fit for my bigger machine if bought separately ? Thanks

JCL

I regularly mix small quantities in my large bowl, however I find that you need to premix things a little when using the dough hook, otherwise it doesn't get enough 'grip' on the mixture to bring it together. The whisk and K-mix attachment both seem to be better at picking and combining small batches.

My recommendation is to use a spatula to help bring the dry and wet ingredients together slightly when working with small batches prior to turning on the mixer.

Hope this helps

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives