Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100

KVL4100S (Silver), KVL4100W (White)

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.5

• Safety
Andrea Motta
Andrea MottaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bowl without handle

I bought this mixer in December and they are good except for the bowl. I can hold it. It's quite heavy and slippery and hurts my fingers when I need to carry to take the batter inside. This big bowl should have a handle.

Purchased in December 2020 at Catch for $459.00.

DelonghiKenwood

Hi Andrea, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine, and we have taken on your feedback for the bowl :)

pammyPerth, WA

a cooks delight

performs extremely well ,still getting around all the gadgets ,this is mynsecond machine and i love it ,washes easy i have a seperate drawer for all the bits so its easy to asemble

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,000.00.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Pammy, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear your Chef XL is treating you so well. Best, Kenwood

JCLTasmania

Great Mixer but a bit noisy

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you're pleased with the machine and hope the noise level isn't too bad.

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Bill
BillMelbourne

Wife can’t live without it

I bought this mixer for my wife this mothers day and she was so happy. I can say my mum has been using her kenwood for years and they are so pleased with this mixer.
She really loves it for dough making and can easily make 1-1.5kg mixes with ease. The machine is a little quieter than the previous model and she is happy that the small filter is no visible on this model. Its disappointing that this model no longer comes with the thermo glass blender and food grinder, but other wise great value for money for those people who dont use them.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Bill, this is so great to hear! Thanks for your review and all the best with you and your wife's cooking adventures. Best, Kenwood

idlab07asked

Hi there,
I've just bought the XL Titanium today. I have a few questions. Please help.
1. Just wondering what's the maximum dough can I make at once?
2. What's the maximum speed I can use for the dough. I tried with the higher speed the machine starts to shake violently.

Thank you.

Hey,
I have had my XL for close to 2yrs now and went through a lot of trial and (many) errors with bread and pasta dough.

While the machine is pretty strong and will battle through quite a bit, it doesn’t have the weight to stay stable for big and thicker challenges. I also feel like it puts a lot of strain on what is still a small motor.

To answer your questions as directly as possible:
1. I maxed at about 1/2 the XL bowl for volume without feeling I was overloading the machine. This makes 2 decent sized loaves.

2. Anything more than setting 3-4 is often too much for dough as it shakes the machine but also starts adding a lot of friction and heat into the dough which you don’t really want. If you watch commercial dough machines they run at slow steady speeds which compare to about 2-3 on the XL in my opinion

Hope this helps

idlab07

Thank you so much for sharing JCL. Really appreciate it. I haven’t tried with other attachment yet. I expect them to work well without shaking? Dough is always the tricky one. Is that right? I previously had the Kitchenaid but I felt it was a much smaller machine than this. Hopefully this will last longer.

Joanne G.
Joanne G.asked

Can I use a 4.6 lt bowl instead of the 6.7 lt bowl

Do t know. Sorry

Hi Joanne,
With regard to using a smaller bowl, the 4.6 bowl is for the smaller Chief machine so should not be used with your, if you are wanting to mix smaller amounts you can adjust the mixing tools to as to insure your smaller batches are being properly mixed.

mag
mag

hi but will smaller bowl fit in xl machine too?

Wahab A.
Wahab A.asked
Chef XL KVL4100

Is it normal for the machine to vibrate and shake that much, It seems that it's not stable at all in high speed?

DelonghiKenwood

Hi Wahab A, Can I ask what you are trying to mix at high speed. The machine can vibrate depending on what you are trying to mix ie if you are mixing a heavy mixture you need to start at a lower speed and move up to the high speed so that the mixture stays even within the bowl.

Agree with above.

However if it seems unstable at high speed when empty or thin mixes than that is abnormal.

Mine is very smooth (But noisy) at max speed when empty

See all Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100 questions

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives

Compare both Kenwood Chef XL KVL4100