KitchenAid K5 / KPM5

KPM5 and K5

Robbo

RobboMaryborough

Better than sliced bread

Brilliant. Best mixer we have owned. Quiet, great range of speeds, attachments and accessories. Easy to use clean and operate. Also looks good and compliments the kitchen Mixes to perfection.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kogan for $530.00.

Nancy

NancyBankstown

Dissaponting experience

I ordered through Kogan.com! I received the item late and with missing parts, pouring shield was not included.
After waiting for a month to receive it as i was using the mixer ,doing muffin mix, speeds 1-4 stopped working. When i emailed them after lots of emails and time waisting conversation they now want me to pack again the mixer, which is very heavy and i am pregnant, and send it back to them. They also said to me that if their technicians think that the problem was made from my side they will charge me in order to fix it.!!!
Such a bad experience and such a waste of money and time.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Gavin

GavinVIC, 3977

Very Reliable Mixer

Very reliable mixer that does the job wonderfully, it is a bit heavy to carry but so easy to clean.

The attachment however got lightly damaged after a few months of using and it was scratching the bowl, it had to be readjusted but has been working fine ever since. It can be left running for a long time without overheating and does not produce a lot of noise compared to many other mixers I had in the past.

Overall very satisfied with the quality of the KitchenAid Mixer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Date PurchasedJun 2018

KathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very very Good

tjDandenong Ranges

I've just ordered, so hope it's the same in AUS

Luke

LukeBrisbane

A loaf of bread and it's dead.

Well picked it up at Brisbanes Costco for $629, much cheaper than Myers, DJ's etc. Great for a cake, but 2 weeks old, tried to bake a loaf of bread. Apparently they're good for 3 loaves at a time. Well, one loaf of supermarket bead mix in, and it's chewing the gears out and back to Costco. Well and truly overrated. A nice big sturdy metal body, with cheap plastic gears inside. Nice to look at, but quite disappointing.

Maggie2828FREMANTLE

Great for cake but not for serious bread lover

It performs very well if you are using it mainly for making cakes but it doesn't really give me the result I want when you are trying to use it to mix dough.
I mixed around 600g dough the other day and it's really struggling….after around 20 mins the motor got really warm.
I know as a fact that a top model Bosch or Kenwood stand mixer is able to mix the dough very well within 15 mins for the same amount of dough and I have read other people's review online somewhere else.
If I have the extra space in my kitchen I will buy another Bosch mixer…and leave my kitchenaid on the benchtop for other lighter usage.
Very pretty and great for cake making
Not very good with dough if you are a serious bread maker.

Maggie2828

I had to send this machine for repair after using it for just over 12 months...not happy with the quality...

Maggie2828

Had enough of this useless machine...just bought BOSCH 1600W MaxxiMUM Kitchen Machine and works way better!!

BAD after sales service

Had my K5 for years (own a catering business). The speed control broke. I had a 3hr round trip taking it to be serviced. 2 mths later& calling repairer it was serviced the day I picked it up. Bad packaging and no assistance...dropped in the car park! $200+ &6 hrs I'll never get back!!
Was reliable until I had to have it serviced
Bad after sales service.

McPop

McPopAU

Stand, mix and deliver

hungrydave
hungrydave

Can you buy the gnomes as an attachment? :)

Andrew Kelly
Andrew Kelly

Excellent Review!

baxterburger
baxterburger

I got kitchenaid gnomes, but they aren't really worth it, the ones from KMart are just as good!

foosapuppy

foosapuppyAU

Simply outstanding!

monty86
monty86

They're ok. i'm a chef and have managed to break 3 doing regular stuff. spend $1000 more and get a small hobart commercial machine.

brandy

brandy

fngoes

fngoesAU

A great product, should last a lifetime. Accessories for older models are still likely to fit the newer ones. A product that the manufacturers are still proud of.
It does exactly what I need: it mixes without effort, perfectly, and quickly. Very quiet after my previous mixer (the Sunbeam mx8900 distaster). Solidly built. Doesn't move around the bench-top. Lots of accessories. Looks good in my kitchen
Only one bowl came with the machine

barb1981

barb1981AU

This is a brilliant product - they are heavy - but this is a sign of the great quality.

They have heaps of accessories - we bought just about every accessory possible and have used nearly all of them already.

It is easy to clean, easy to us - the DVD that comes with it is very very informative and teaches you how to use it to get the best out of it.

I am now a Kitchenaid Fan!

If you like good quality things and are prepared to pay for it - this is a product for you.
Quality is great - output is great - never had a problem - lots of accessories
none that I can think of

maddies

maddies

Love it, love it love it and i am now starting my collection of attachments. Starting with the grating and slicing attachment and then the pasta trio.
Fantastic mixer, uses the whole bowl no need to continually scrap mixture from sides of bowl. Very quiet. Use mine 3 times a week minimum. Great for making dough don't even have to need the mix.
A bit heavy this would have to be the only bad thing but I leave mine on the counter all the time.

annabellem

Hi I’ve lost the instructions. Can you download them? Thx! Cheryl

Snugs
Snugs

Hey Cheryl
You sure can. Here’s a link to one of the website that has a copy of them

Hoppe this helps :)

tj

Hi Cheryl, last time I checked I think it was possible to download but I know that I had problems downloading so I phoned them and they emailed to me. They are incredibly helpful over the phone (Because the book had so many languages it was difficult finding the information I was looking for.) There is only one piece of information that was critical and only expert users seem to know - how to adjust the height of the beaters - there is a small screw under the arm that provides small incremental adjustment so the beaters are just the right distance from the bowl) cheers trish

Kristenasked

KPM5

I've looked online before asking this question, but is there a smaller bowl that can be used with this mixer? I'm finding smaller quantities just don't mix great, and I'm pulling out my old mixer - what a waste!

Kath

Hi Kristen, there is another bowl available from amazon, though the postage is hefty, might help you, none of them say they suit the 5KPM5 though the measurments will fit.
Also, you might like the swipe beaters from beaterblade & sideswipe

Kristen

You're a legend, thanks so much Kath

CV17
CV17

Kristen, did this fit and where did you buy it in order to minimise shipping?

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives

KitchenAid KPM5