Kitchenaid KSM7590

Kitchenaid KSM7590

MPN: 5KSM7590AWH

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Thrillhouse
    ThrillhouseAU

Old world quality

The motor is powerful and relatively quiet. We make pasta regularly, and with this machine you can go from mixing the dough to cutting the noodles with the optional KA attachments and boy is it quick! The volume of the bowl is more than adequate for household use and is easy to keep clean. We have also purchased additional attachments over time to increase its versatility. The classic design of this mixer has not changed much in decades and it's not hard to see why. It is not the cheapest mixer on the market, but it is an investment and I wager I will be handing it down to my kids someday.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
    Belle AKitchenAid

Problems

I've had the same problem. Stops when changing speed and sometimes spontaneously turns off (and not because of overheating). Usually I take it back to the off position and turn it back on and it's fine. It makes me nervous though. So much money for something that's potentially very unreliable. Now it turns off completely if I try to turn it to max speed. It also doesn't mix well, you constantly have to turn it off and scrape down the sides. It doesn't do small quantities at all, even though it's advertised as being able to whisk as little as one egg white. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
    Belle AKitchenAid
    J Davison

I've tried adjusting the beater to bowl clearance

JadedSouthwest, VIC

Great machine

Have only recently purchased 7590 but have used it for my bread making. My only disappointment so far is the lack of any printed recipes to get you started as these come with other kitchen aid mixers purchased and I don't want to refer to Internet sites all the time. Having something to start with helps to familiarise yourself with the mixer,it's power and would help with adjusting recipes you already have. The booklet inside does give information on approx mix times etc but I think something more included would be better considering it is a significant outlay for a mixer. Would like a smaller bowl being able to be purchased as often you need to use two different sizes for a recipe.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Kitchenaid KSM7590 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Ritaalencar
    Ritaalencar

Very happy with

Just got it days ago, I couldn't really see any problems. But so far the ever ever. Very happy with my purchase and can't wait to try all recipes available. Only difficult is put and take the bowl out of the machine. I'm already looking on YouTube for great recipes to put this machine to feed my family.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Love this machine

Date PurchasedOct 2015
    KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Hi Dan, are you following our KitchenAid Australia Facebook Page? We would love to see some photos of your culinary delights! Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Tarky
    Tarkyasked

My kitchenaid mixer has broken after hitting a hard lump of sugar. We got 12 years out of it. Thinking of upgrading to the 5KSM7590....can't work out the difference between this and the KSM7581 except for the stainless steel attachments. The coated ones constantly chip and end up in the food and I've had to replace them many times. Also wondering if it comes in black :) . So much more money but does seem much more powerful. And do all the attachments fit ie sausage maker

Jaded

Only comes in white and only one bowl size, it does take attachments. Handles large amounts of dough but has trouble with smaller amounts, hence why it would be great to have a smaller bowl option. I had trouble with mine stopping when changing speeds and had to have motor replaced under warranty after only a few months.

TonyC
    TonyCasked

hi, is there a smaller size bowl to use on ksm7590?

Jaded

Only one size bowl, would love it if they made a small one to use.

michaelemeryasked

Can the KSM7590 handle smaller ingredient amounts as well as the Artisan and Classic mixers?

J Davison

Short answer is no. It’s supposed to be able to whisk a single egg white. I find it needs at least 3. The machine is great for large volumes, but regular cake mix or dough quantities, it just doesn’t pick up or mix. I’ve been really disappointed with the pick up of ingredients, even at large volumes. You constantly have to stop the machine and scrape and turn the mix.

michaelemery

Thank you so much for the info. I really wanted a bowl-lift mixer (for no particularly good reason), but it sounds like I’ll be buying a tilt head instead. I rarely make large quantities, but was more concerned with the ability of smaller mixers to handle heavy bagel doughs etc. I will probably get the Artisan model.

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives

CategoryBenchtop Food Mixers