KitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety

IlijasAU

Everything I'd hoped for and even more

If you want a stand mixer to whip one eggwhite then don't bother buying a stand mixer. Just use a whisk. However, if you want a beast of a machine that can plough its way through a high gluten bread dough and not even flinch, then this one is for you. Contrary to some of the comments here, I have found that it can well and truly whip even 1/2 cup of cream to perfection in seconds. And it's soooo quiet compared to the tilt-head models.

Purchased in May 2019 for $828.00.

Anna.B

Anna.B

I've always wanted one,now I'm in love

Every thing about it is perfect, the motors powerful enough to do what's needed,it blends ingredients beautifully,I don't yet have attachments but that will follow,and the size of the mixing bowl is brilliant,I wouldn't be with out it,I think anyone using kitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581 will definitely agree it's one hell of a machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Tony Fisher70Sydney, NSW

Top of the Range

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how KitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

jhui

jhuiSydney, Australia

kitchenaid mixer planetary pin stuck (dough hook)

Powerful Mixer for cake ,biscuit and bread ! my problem is when i made heavy dough after , the dough hook always stuck on the the planetary , is very annoying. but i have been use the mixer for 4y . never have any issue only stuck daught hook . my families are very enjoy my baking .

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Leandra

LeandraAdelaide

Good for large quantities, disappointing for small ones

I purchased this model after watching a review by America's Test Kitchen, which found that this mixer could beat 2 egg whites. After adjusting the beater to bowl clearance to the minimum gap possible, it cannot beat 3 large egg whites. It also won't beat one quantity of Swiss roll batter, but is fine with larger amounts of cake batter. I make a lot of bread and yeast buns, and the mixer is fabulous for that. The motor handles 10 minutes of kneading quite easily. Unless one does a lot of baking of large quantities using a stiff dough, this model will be disappointing.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Amber

AmberSydney

Powerful Mixer

I researched this mixer and finally purchased one. After about a month I became aware of a clicking sound when the beaters were rotating. I contacted Kitchenaid and eventually was given authorisation to exchange. I exchanged the mixer however found this one clicks as well. I will now have to find a demonstration to see if this is the norm. The mixer itself is very good. The 'head' does not lift up which can be a little difficult when scraping down the sides of the bowl. The bowl is a good capacity and can handle larger mixes. All up it is a great mixer and I am glad I purchased it however at the price it sells for I am concerned re the clicking sound.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Antiant

AntiantPerth

Only Good For Large Quantities

After much research I thought I was buying a machine that as stated would whisk from one egg white on all product information. It does not do this, even with the machine set to the lowest setting it does not even touch a large egg white. I do small amounts sometimes so in this regard wrong product information. I called Kitchenaid a few months after purchasing in July 2017 said they could do nothing, I wrote to Kitchenaid via their website, no response as yet three months later, I met a Kitchenaid Representative in a store mentioned to her, she did not know the machine well enough to comment. So I now have a great machine I waited so long to purchase, and can only use for large amounts, not what I really wanted.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Barb

BarbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Switch works sometimes, can't get whisk to bottom of bowl

KSM7581 bought from David Jones. Got it home and switch would only work sometimes. Rang kitchenaid who were very polite and told me where to take it for warranty repair. It was gone 2 weeks, came back with new "switch" and did the same thing. Rang kitchenaid who were again very polite, and covered it under warranty, off to service for 2 weeks and came back exactly the same (with another "new switch"). Rang kitchenaid who were very understanding, and exchanged it for a new one, which does exactly the same thing. The speed switch works only about half the time.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Trish

TrishWA, 6213

A fabulous Appliance!

I have found this appliance invaluable, I have two standard blades/dough hook, but I am looking for the scraper blade. Where can I find one please? My pizzas and cakes always come out perfect.I love it! I have been using it for the last 5 years without a hitch. I feel the scraper blade would make life much easier when making my cske batters.

Date PurchasedJuly 2012
Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how KitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Ok for cakes but not suitable for heavy dough!

I initially really liked my kitchenAid however it's clearly not made for producing yeast doughs and the likes. It worked ok for a while ( I only really started to use it in 2016) and now the gear is totally worn out. The gear is made of plastic and while the rest of the machine gives a sturdy impression the inside can't keep up. My sister in-law, who is a chef knew about this and told me to buy a Kenwood but I liked the look of kitchenAid. That's why I opted for a heavy duty model but it was still a let down. I also have the same problem of other users in that the sides stay untouched during the mixing procedure which means I have to scrape it down all the time. I am very disappointed by this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

A lot of issues

Purchased this KA recently but had issues with the speed control (stopped when changing the speed). KitchenAid kindly agreed for a return but the new machine presents exactly the same problem + few accessories were missing in the box (dough hook + pouring shield) + paint scratch on the front.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
MatthewL

MatthewLSydney

Worst experience i have ever had in buying an appliance.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Hi MatthewL, We are very sorry to hear of your experience with us. If you would like to send an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au we can look into this further for you. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Snugs

SnugsMid North Coast, NSW

This thing is awesome

I did all the research before buying and am so happy I did. Such an awesome machine. We make tough pizza dough and it handles it better than any other mixer I've used before. The only downside is the price but if you can live with that a 5 year warranty and full metal internal gears more than make up for it. Save yourself the time and hassle and spend the money up front to get a decent product

Date PurchasedMar 2016
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Thanks again smugs for taking the time to post a review! We really appreciate it.

tellie

tellieasked

Pro Line KSM7581

just wondering if anyone has tried the 3.3 L Stainless Steel Bowl & Combi-Whip KN3CW, with the KSM7581? it is a smaller bowl for smaller batches. but only appears so be available in the US. just wondering if it will fit the machine here in australia?

Ilijas

Not me, sorry my friend.

I got this beast for big tasks, e.g. breads, pavs.

Not me either... Sorry

LJD

LJDasked

Pro Line KSM7581

What is the exact differences between model KSM7581 and KSM7586 other than Warranty and have the same motor? I have noticed different beaters and bread hooks (stainless steel vs coated), as well as the knobs (black vs stainless steel vs no knobs) and even then it doesn't look consistent between the KSM7581 vs the KSM7581. I also seen different color electrical cords knowing that orange is commercial grade.

Cecil A.

Cecil A.asked

Pro Line KSM7581

difference of 7qt pro and commercial 7qt kitchenaid mixers?

Ilijas

Motor is the same, but the commercial one has all stainless steel attachments and a safeguard

Tony Fisher70

Our KSM7581 Instruction manual uses the wording "Commercial" in the English text, but also uses the wording "Professional" (translated) in other languages, so I suspect the difference is "Marketing terminology" only.
However, do be aware that different packaged "offers" can have different levels of attachments, so check what you are getting with your mixer. I purchased a second SS bowl direct from KitchenAid, which has a different style handle to the one out of the box, which makes me think the accessories (and maybe even the mixers), - are made in multiple factories.. If you "get" the silicon scraper-edged flat beater, that would be a bonus. While it does not replace the standard flat beater, - it is a godsend for smooth batters, frostings and the like. I had to buy ours separately.
Expect the flat blade to "chatter" a bit if you try to mix very small quantities.
Some time ago KitchenAid in their "wisdom", - dumbed down the KSM7581 by removing the positive locking spring loaded mechanism on the planetary drive shaft, which prevented the chattering .
It must have been a cost saving move, because it falls into the "dumb & dumber" category of product development.

See all KitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581 questions

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives

KitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581