KitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581

Ilijas

IlijasAU

Everything I'd hoped for and even more

If you want a stand mixer to whip one eggwhite then don't bother buying a stand mixer. Just use a whisk. However, if you want a beast of a machine that can plough its way through a high gluten bread dough and not even flinch, then this one is for you. Contrary to some of the comments here, I have found that it can well and truly whip even 1/2 cup of cream to perfection in seconds. And it's soooo quiet compared to the tilt-head models.

Purchased in May 2019 for $828.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Anna.B

Anna.B

I've always wanted one,now I'm in love

Every thing about it is perfect, the motors powerful enough to do what's needed,it blends ingredients beautifully,I don't yet have attachments but that will follow,and the size of the mixing bowl is brilliant,I wouldn't be with out it,I think anyone using kitchenAid Pro Line KSM7581 will definitely agree it's one hell of a machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Tony Fisher70Sydney, NSW

Top of the Range

Date PurchasedJul 2018
jhui

jhuiSydney, Australia

kitchenaid mixer planetary pin stuck (dough hook)

Powerful Mixer for cake ,biscuit and bread ! my problem is when i made heavy dough after , the dough hook always stuck on the the planetary , is very annoying. but i have been use the mixer for 4y . never have any issue only stuck daught hook . my families are very enjoy my baking .

Date PurchasedSep 2014

LeandraAdelaide

Good for large quantities, disappointing for small ones

I purchased this model after watching a review by America's Test Kitchen, which found that this mixer could beat 2 egg whites. After adjusting the beater to bowl clearance to the minimum gap possible, it cannot beat 3 large egg whites. It also won't beat one quantity of Swiss roll batter, but is fine with larger amounts of cake batter. I make a lot of bread and yeast buns, and the mixer is fabulous for that. The motor handles 10 minutes of kneading quite easily. Unless one does a lot of baking of large quantities using a stiff dough, this model will be disappointing.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amber

AmberSydney

Powerful Mixer

I researched this mixer and finally purchased one. After about a month I became aware of a clicking sound when the beaters were rotating. I contacted Kitchenaid and eventually was given authorisation to exchange. I exchanged the mixer however found this one clicks as well. I will now have to find a demonstration to see if this is the norm. The mixer itself is very good. The 'head' does not lift up which can be a little difficult when scraping down the sides of the bowl. The bowl is a good capacity and can handle larger mixes. All up it is a great mixer and I am glad I purchased it however at the price it sells for I am concerned re the clicking sound.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

AntiantPerth

Only Good For Large Quantities

After much research I thought I was buying a machine that as stated would whisk from one egg white on all product information. It does not do this, even with the machine set to the lowest setting it does not even touch a large egg white. I do small amounts sometimes so in this regard wrong product information. I called Kitchenaid a few months after purchasing in July 2017 said they could do nothing, I wrote to Kitchenaid via their website, no response as yet three months later, I met a Kitchenaid Representative in a store mentioned to her, she did not know the machine well enough to comment. So I now have a great machine I waited so long to purchase, and can only use for large amounts, not what I really wanted.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Belle AKitchenAid

Switch works sometimes, can't get whisk to bottom of bowl

KSM7581 bought from David Jones. Got it home and switch would only work sometimes. Rang kitchenaid who were very polite and told me where to take it for warranty repair. It was gone 2 weeks, came back with new "switch" and did the same thing. Rang kitchenaid who were again very polite, and covered it under warranty, off to service for 2 weeks and came back exactly the same (with another "new switch"). Rang kitchenaid who were very understanding, and exchanged it for a new one, which does exactly the same thing. The speed switch works only about half the time.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

TrishWA, 6213

A fabulous Appliance!

I have found this appliance invaluable, I have two standard blades/dough hook, but I am looking for the scraper blade. Where can I find one please? My pizzas and cakes always come out perfect.I love it! I have been using it for the last 5 years without a hitch. I feel the scraper blade would make life much easier when making my cske batters.

Date PurchasedJul 2012
Belle AKitchenAid

Ok for cakes but not suitable for heavy dough!

I initially really liked my kitchenAid however it's clearly not made for producing yeast doughs and the likes. It worked ok for a while ( I only really started to use it in 2016) and now the gear is totally worn out. The gear is made of plastic and while the rest of the machine gives a sturdy impression the inside can't keep up. My sister in-law, who is a chef knew about this and told me to buy a Kenwood but I liked the look of kitchenAid. That's why I opted for a heavy duty model but it was still a let down. I also have the same problem of other users in that the sides stay untouched during the mixing procedure which means I have to scrape it down all the time. I am very disappointed by this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

A lot of issues

Purchased this KA recently but had issues with the speed control (stopped when changing the speed). KitchenAid kindly agreed for a return but the new machine presents exactly the same problem + few accessories were missing in the box (dough hook + pouring shield) + paint scratch on the front.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

MatthewL

MatthewLSydney

Worst experience i have ever had in buying an appliance.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Hi MatthewL, We are very sorry to hear of your experience with us. If you would like to send an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au we can look into this further for you. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Snugs

SnugsMid North Coast, NSW

This thing is awesome

I did all the research before buying and am so happy I did. Such an awesome machine. We make tough pizza dough and it handles it better than any other mixer I've used before. The only downside is the price but if you can live with that a 5 year warranty and full metal internal gears more than make up for it. Save yourself the time and hassle and spend the money up front to get a decent product

Date PurchasedMar 2016
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Thanks again smugs for taking the time to post a review! We really appreciate it.

Pat Y.

Pat Y.asked

Pro Line 5KSM7581AFP (Frosted Pearl)

Why is there no smaller bowl available for this mixer?

Tony Fisher70

Pat, the Pro line mixer is fundamentally a "bigger" mixer, but to us, it's worth its weight in gold due to that extra capacity and grunt. Unfortunately we haven't found a mixer that is perfect for everything. Remember that the "semi commercial" grade mixers have full metal gearboxes, but still quiet as a mouse, in stark contrast to our old faithful Kenwood Chef. We are pretty lucky to also have a KPM5 "regular" size lift stand mixer, which will mix up to 1kg of dough, but does struggle with stiffer bread doughs as the dough hook has inadequate down force "twist" and the dough ball tends to work its way up to the top. The bigger machine has a bigger twist angle on the hook, and keeps the dough ball down in the bowl.
Have you looked at the Bosch mixer?
It is possibly a better all-round mixer, but it really depends on what your cooking and baking preferences are. We had been using our Bosch mixer for bread doughs, but it hasn't seen light of day since we got the big Kitchenaid.

Mary

Maryasked

Pro Line 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red)

Are kitchen aid mixer models different? I noticed the one recently advertised in David Jones had a different sized motor abd price than Kogan. I don’t want to buy a dud. I want a powerful mixer that copes with making fruit bread.

Leandra

Yes they are. Fixed head vs tilt head is a consideration, especially when kneading bread dough. Have seen a comparison of both models and the tilt head did a lot of bouncing when kneading dough. America's Test Kitchen has a good review here. https://youtu.be/F5mBOGte5Zo. With prolonged testing (not something that would happen in the average domestic kitchen) they broke the tilt head. The fixed head was their winner. I have the fixed head and it's fabulous for bread. Mine doesn't whisk 3 egg whites though, even after adjusting the bowl to beater clearance as low as it can go.

Mary,
Yes they are different.
The different size machines have irregularities, same with the tilt head vs lift stand varieties. Watch out that you are not comparing the "baby" versions with the main models, as that can get very confusing. also be aware that many of the accessories are machine specific. E.g. the soft cover ONLY fits the KPM5 Tilt Head mixer. It is too tight to close the zip on a KPM5 Lift Stand mixer, and won't even go close to fitting on the Pro Line mixers. Another is that he wiper edge mixer blade is only available for the Larger pro-line series.. (a pity because it is fabulous for lighter batters and frostings).
The issue most people find is that the pro-line machines don't handle small quantities well, even trying to adjust the attachment down to the bottom of the bowl, (and even with the wiper edge blade).
I have read reviews out of the US that suggests Kitchen Aid builds "specials" for some larger outlets to sell at discounted prices, and they don't always have all the attachments included. Watch out for this.
My biggest "gripe", is that KitchenAid has chosen to drop the positive retainer spring assembly on the planetary shaft on the lift stand mixers, contradicting the instruction manual, but the tilt head mixers still have the spring loaded feature on the shaft. This is important because it stops the attachments "chattering" under low load. It also stops the attachments from "holding down" into the bottom of the mixer bowls, - another reason many people find the proline mixers don't handle small quantities well! This is caused by the attachment(s) bouncing up and down in the latch mechanism, and yes,... the chattering sound is really annoying! Pretty obviously a cost saving decision, which to me is a real disappointment. Don't get me wrong, we love our Kitchen Aid Mixers, - but definitely a one thumb down Kitchen Aid for taking off the spring loaded clip to save a few dollars ..
Tony F

Trishasked

Pro Line 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red)

Where can I purchase the scraper blade for my KSM7581 Mixer?

Antiant

Hi i bought online from Kitchen Warehouse not sure if they still sell but you can also call kitchenaid direct and ask them who stocks it in your area. Hope this helps.

Trish

Thank you it was most helpful. I will contact kitchen aid.

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives

KitchenAid Pro Line 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red)

KitchenAid Pro Line 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red)

3.3
KitchenAid Pro Line 5KSM7581AFP (Frosted Pearl)

KitchenAid Pro Line 5KSM7581AFP (Frosted Pearl)

3.5