Kmart High Velocity Chrome Fan

Kmart High Velocity Chrome Fan

MPN: FE-40

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

6 years and still going strong

Since I have bought this, this fan has literally been on from 5pm to 6am Monday to Friday and all day weekends. Even in winter. Yes I am one of those people! I bought it because I wasn't happy with the speed of the other fans and I didn't live in a place with a/c. Whilst I live in a place with a/c, I still use the fan. I personally don't find it noisey, but my new place is surrounded by lots of party people and it really drowns out that sound and can sleep uninterrupted. I am just amazed that I bought this fan at Kmart because it was $30 cheaper than Bunnings and it is still going strong. Only issue is cleaning it isn't as easy. But definitely 5 stars!

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Rocket88South East Queensland, QLD

40cm Chrome Pedestal Fan -Excellent for the price

These are excellent Value for around $50 dollars. I used to buy the 11. dollar ones every year till i got sick of tripping over those feet. The chrome pedestal fan has a round flat base - very stable, it quite powerful. Putting it on low is like high on the cheaper fans but putting it on three it does become noisy and it blows papers all over the room. Great for the recent heat wave

December 26th 25018 Update: Good Looking Fan

Good looking fan and really circulates the air in the room. I have got two but one runs 24 hours a day and the other one ran for as long but when we turned it off it would not start spinning again. Maybe the brushes in the motor have collapsed but we will keep it for spares.

Rocket88

i have a few of these fans around our house.

tosies

tosiessydney

A must for summer nights

Just the usual average budget fan, noise is acceptable but if you're a light sleeper forget it.
Average kmart build quality, but you get what you pay for.
Would reccommend this fan for deep sleepers or for workshops.
Had abit of trouble piecing it together but for the price you cant complain

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Will

WillSt Leonards, Sydney

a fan of fans

I'm a big fan of fans as they keep me cool in the these hot Sydney nights. Also the sound can be quote relaxing to the point where I struggle to sleep without it. Having said that when I put the speed up on extra hot nights it can be a bit noisy

Nunu

Nunu

A little loud but super powerful

I love this fan, it is a little loud but super powerful! cools rooms down really quickly - had the fan for a couple of years now & I would recommend this fan to friend or family if they are wanting a quick cool down that also in the budget

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Jessica888

Jessica888Melbourne

A nice looking fan

This fan looks really lovely, but doesn't have much else going for it. If you're on a budget and want something that looks a little nicer than something you might pick up at Bunnings, this might be a good option. It's also compact. A downside is that it's pretty noisy.

Cam

Cam

Powerful, yet noisy

For $49, this fan is certainly an attractive option in the high velocity range. It can sometimes be difficult to keep stood up, and generates a tonne of noise during usage. However, as described, it is powerful, and succeeds in cooling down a room. Be warned that this is a static fan, and will not pivot!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Sam

SamLogan

Cooler air and higher flow

I purchased one of these after experiencing a friends. The floor fan blows cooler air than any tower or pedestal fan I’ve used before. Also the high velocity means a lot more air too. They are light, portable and adjustable up and down with 3 speeds. It feels well built and gives me confidence it will last well. Something for consideration is these fans are noisier than tower and pedestal fans due to their high velocity but for me the benefits far outweigh the little extra noise.

Zid

ZidSydney

Kmart Buy !!!!

Every summer need to buy new fan. But this time the kmart high velocity chrome fan hopefully will last 3 years minimum or i can expect up to 5 years as the quality is quite good and the price tag is not as high as other famous brands. Comes with Kmart warranty.

Sandy

SandyMelbourne

Solid fan but not the best

The fan itself produces pretty strong winds but it obviously does not produce cold winds, which is unfortunate, especially with Melbourne 40 degree weather, but I guess that is a matter of DIY by placing a bucket of ice cold water in front of it. The fan is quite loud, but I can't complain on it overall given its price.

chrisb

chrisbmelbourne

cool but not frozen

So this was a decent purchase.
The fan itself is pretty solid, could potentially throw it to the ground and would still work.
Few issues iv'e had with it are its so damn loud !!
like a small plane starting up one of its engines.
apart from that price wise is good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

tyler

tyler

Good for the Summer

The fan is powerful but makes quite a bit of noise unfortunately. I cannot not sleep without ear plugs in when i have this on. The stand on which the fan is placed does tilt all the way up to face the roof but doesn't really tilt down much. It does have more power then your typical fan.

Mccadani

Mccadani

Useful fan for summer

While it is a little on the louder side, this fan is still extremely effective in moving air throughout the household. It was very useful in providing a foe of air that managed to help cool the house down. I would recommend this fan to anyone that needs a cheaper alternative to the high end models.

Daly

Dalyadelaide

Not very powerful

Very low power fan for the price. It is quiet but that could be due to the lack of airflow. It doesn't do much to cool a room or even circulate air. It doesn't really have any extra functions. Its been relegated to the kids playroom because its just not strong enough for a larger room.

Athena

Athena

Lovely fan

the fan makes quite a bit of noise but is able to circulate a decent amount of air throughout the room quickly. At the highest setting it is incredibly loud so for those with sensitive ears I would recommend stick to setting below maximum. Does the job it is meant for.

Mandy

MandyReservoir

Great product.

I just bought this fan for summer and it works heaven. It's very high power and give enough air for the full room. I keep it on all night and I don't feel the need of aircon. Great quality fan to maintain low electricity bill. I have recommended many of my friends to buy this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

whyvet

whyvetNSW, 2200

Great Value

This fan is great value for money! It works just as well as more expensive models. Whilst it is a little loud, I found it to be not much louder than other similar fans. I wish Kmart would make these in more colours, as I would be much happier with this fan if it was another colour.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Jay

JaySYDNEY

Decent

I often am surprised with some of the quality that Kmart sell. Bought this as an extra when my old one stopped working by another company. Great fan force and better than expected! It isn't too loud for me and it's been used heavily in this heatwave that's going on now.

Shane Chang

Shane ChangSydney

Good for the price

I needed a fan just to use for hot summer days and it does the job. Although it works well keeping me and my family fairly cool it can be quite loud so if you're looking for a quiet one I would recommend a smaller one. The ability to switch settings is also good as when its night time I can lower it to keep the noise to a minimum.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Ellen

EllenMelbourne

Good effect, bit noisy

While most fans have a pretty measly output, I was really impressed with the power of this one. As a result, it was a little noisy, but I guess that comes with the type of fan. I enjoy its compactness as well, it fit in my room easily, and the cord was long enough.

Date PurchasedApr 2017