Kmart Steam Iron

Kmart Steam Iron

See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gabriel

GabrielPerth, WA

Good iron and meets my expectances

Good product and enough for what I need and for my daily routine. I would recommend as it's a good value for money and it's easy to be found at K-Mart stores

Purchased in February 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $25.00.

Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton

Sylvia

SylviaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Leaks

I read the review on this site and then bought a K mart steam iron for $15. It just leaks quite badly. I had to take it back and get a refund. Previously used a cheap one from Big W and then after a while bits of rusty metal started to fall out while I was ironing. Now I bought a Target iron Model TARIR17 for about $22 it seems ok so far.

Purchased in March 2018 at Hypermarket for $15.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton
Angela vd K

Angela vd KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great iron!

We bought a smallish iron from Kmart thinking we will buy a better one once we have settled into our new place. The iron we bought, however, is light and so easy to use - a real keeper! It is gentle on sensitive fabric yet sturdy enough to get the wrinkles out of denim.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Rebekkah Nelson

Rebekkah Nelson

I think the temperature might be off

I bought this iron only 2 weeks ago and both times it has been to hot for the setting I've put it on and almost burnt delicate clothing.
Besides that it looks good its lightweight and it was cheaper than cheap so I cant really complain.
Maybe I just bought a dud.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Ashleigh L

Ashleigh LAU

Great for low-key ironers

This Kmart iron does the job well for those of us who do not iron much. I am not a hard-core ironer. Someone who just does ironing before events. It is gentle enough on clothes and without having to spend heaps of $$ on it. Happy with this product for what I use it for.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Singer77

Singer77Hawthorn

Best value out there!

Light and cheap iron but it works perfectly and has the standard features irons always have. It heats up very quickly - probably because it has a relatively thin base plate. It might be cheap but it does my shirts just fine and has been reliable for over six months. Did I mention it only cost $7.50? such good value

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Bearing3

Bearing3Mentone

Cheap Iron - Its OK

This iron is extremely cheap as others have said but it does not get as hot as others and that's because its only 1200 watts. Its fine for cotton polyester clothes like a lot of my shirts but struggles with pure cotton - just never gets hot enough. Using steam improves the results but spending a little more is the best idea.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Maxxy67

Maxxy67Frankston

Amazing for the price

This is a VERY cheap iron. It costs less than a lunch and yet it has met my (light) ironing needs for over a year. Its a little on the light wieght side of things and basic in controls but when I need to press a shirt for work, there it is!

ellie

ellieYOUNG

Had it 2 years and still going strong

This was the cheapest one around at the time also I was worried, but it does exactly what it says and is very simple to use and operate, I do recommended this iron if you need a cheap one. If you do a lot more ironing than usual this might wear out quickly, but I iron just once a week and it’s been fine.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Monique

Monique

Good iron low price

I bought this iron 3 years ago still new and perfect. Works really well on such a cheap price. Kmart is best place to buy cheap and best products in Australia. Don’t need to spend heels of money on ironing. I like Thiet products but this one is best ever

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Agm

Agm

Easy to use

The iron is safe and easy to use. The temperature is controllable based on what you want it. Easy to heat up. Purchased it last year and it is still working. Easy to clean and it does not spill. Has long cord to use with ease. The controls are great to manipulate.

gagan

gaganmelbourne

Amazing

I'm using this iron nearly every day and it works perfectly. It affordable easy to handle due to lightweight. The heat settings are easy to manage and so handy. It heats up so quickly and the steam feature is perfect. It is simply amazing for the price and I would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Ssin

SsinSydney

Great purchase

The iron heats up quickly enough. The temperature control features are accurate and effective. The steam feature, as well as the self-cleaning feature work well . It is safe to use and reliable. The grip is effective and removes creases well enough. I would recommend this product to potential buyers.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Antiques

AntiquesSouth Yarra

Simple cheap iron does the job

I don't care about irons or ironing but I still have to make myself look semi presentable everyday, so I got this. Its cheap and lightweight but it works fine and heats up quickly. I can bang out a shirt in under 3 minutes and i am done! I don't use the steam function but it has that too. Will it last 5 years? Unlikely but you never know!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
1Love1

1Love1Prahran

Amazing for $7.50 really incredible!

Let me first say I only use this for decal heat transfers (printing on wood) because my wife won't let me use her "good" iron for that and made me buy my own. Its is remarkably OK despite being $7.50 and I would not hesitate to use it conventionally if needed. It heats up quickly and does the job just fine. My only concern is that it might struggle to get hot enough for cotton or linen as it only has 1200W but really amazing for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Donster

DonsterGlen Waverly

Amazingly OK For For The Cheap Price

I chuckle to myself when I use this iron - I really have no idea how they can manufacture, box ship market and retail it and presumably make a profit when it sells for the princely sum of $7.50! Yep, $7.50 that's all it costs and...it works perfectly well! I only occasionally need to iron a shirt to make myself presentable and this meets my needs perfectly - it even has steam although I never use that! Obviously its pretty light in the hand and probably wont last all that many years but hey - $7.50! Amazing!

Ariel

ArielMelbourne

Easy to use

The iron’s price is so reasonable, as i dont usually use an iron so i think a cheap one is fine for me
It heats up time is okay and what i usually do is turn on the button of the iron first and go to find the clothes that i need to iron:)
And i also like the design of it

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

RollCall

RollCallgeelong

Just Use It For Hobbies

This is so cheap it is nearly crazy. The kids got an iron on T shirt decal maker set for Christmas and I could see where it would end up (we have an expensive iron) so I was very happy to pick this up at Kmart for $7.50 . It is surprisingly an OK iron. It obviously is a bit on the cheap side, but it works fine

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Leal

LealHunter Region, NSW

Leaks everywhere - Model KB-850EL3

Heats up reasonably well. Steam is fine, Unfortunately it leaks everywhere. We're currently onto our second replacement and the all three have done the same thing. I worry about the safety aspect as there is so much water that comes out of the filling whole when you move the iron. The water well is just not well designed. I guess you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

GTHO72

GTHO72Melbourne

Cheapness Is Goodness

I bought this because it is cheap. No doubt about it so I had limited expectations and it met them very well. I rarely ever need to iron clothes so I didn't want to waste too much money. It works but honestly, it's pretty basic. I wouldn't go ironing a $200 silk blouse with it, but to very occasionally press a cotton business shirt it does fine. Its cheap. Its basic. It works!

Date PurchasedJan 2018