Kodak Cherish

Kodak Cherish

C525, C225, C220, etc...

How to buy the best baby monitor

Every new parent wants peace of mind in knowing their baby is safe, and a reliable baby monitor can help. With so many types of on the market, you might be unsure whether to choose a video baby monitor, baby breathing monitor, a Wi-Fi baby monitor, or a basic audio monitor. Here are some tips on how to compare baby monitors in Australia before investing in one.

Read now

3.6

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality

Stephanie

Stephanie

Poor customer service, and terrible quality monitor

Purchased in August 2019.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Stephanie, We are sorry to hear this and would love to rectify this for you. Please provide your Kodak ticket number so we can look into this for you. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Disappointing

We were very excited to use this as it seemed the best on the market, but have been very disappointed.
It was relatively easy to set up, and the camera quality is great, but the battery only lasts a couple hours then the monitor beeps loudly that its low then will just cut out. I want to move my son to his own room but just dont feel comfortable as the monitor can't last the night.
We also took the device away with us and it couldn't connect via wifi, which was frustrating as this was a feature we were impressed with.
I do like how the camera can rotate and connect to our phone if needed, but what's the point of all the features if the device doesnt last more than a couple hours?

Purchased in June 2019 for A$350.00.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Stace, thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear of your recent issues. We would recommend you contact support@kodaksmarthome.com as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Josie

JosiePerth, WA

Disappointing

Very disappointed with our purchase. We’ve had this monitor for 6 months and I fail to understand why something that is basically a video live stream from 10 metres away functions so poorly.
The video stream constantly times out or lapses, rendering the monitor useless whether on wifi or the units frequency. The motion and sound detection settings are so sensitive (or don’t work at all) that if turned on, you’ll receive motion alarms every minute.

If I had my time again I’d just buy a normal video camera synced to a phone or tablet. For something so simple they really haven’t delivered.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$270.00.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Josie, thanks for your feedback. We would recommend contacting support@kodaksmarthome.com as the team will be able to troubleshoot and resolve your issues. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Find out how Kodak Cherish compares to other Baby Monitors

Absolutely useless as a baby monitor

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Catherine, sorry to hear of your experience. We have gone back to you privately to requested details so we can follow up. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Sprinkle tinklePerth

Good at first

Alana

AlanaSydney, NSW

The perfect baby monitor

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Alana, thank you for taking the time to review this product and letting everyone else know how amazing the Kodak baby monitor is! All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Will E.

Will E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rubbish. Clicking noise every 15 minutes. A light on a baby monitor!? To wake the baby up?

Rubbish. Feels like it’s operating system is 10 years old.

Biggest flaws are this:
- loses connection to main system every 45 days or so
- it actually has a blinking blue light on it (which wakes the baby up and randomly blinks)

Purchased in April 2020 at Bubs n Grubs for A$299.00.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi there, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your experience with your Kodak Monitor. We would recommend contact support@kodaksmarthome.com as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Great product however a bit too expensive

The camera is amazing especially night vision however the features are no different from others with a much lower price point.
You could argue what your paying for is the picture quality and you’d be right. We didn’t pay full price for the product and I feel the price we paid for it was exactly right. I can see him breathing in the screen so it eases my mind completely.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kodak for A$280.00.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Kylie, thank you for the feedback. Wishing you all the best for your future use. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Review collected in partnership with Kodak

Excellent camera and monitor for baby

Very happy with this. At the beginning the camera and monitor stopped taking to each other and kept cutting out but after some contact with Kodak and updates it’s all working perfectly now. Lots of great features and clear picture from camera

Purchased in April 2020 for A$330.00.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Caroline, thank you the great feedback and letting everyone else know! All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Sarah Fox

Sarah Fox

The best monitor we’ve ever owned!!!

The Kodak c525 is by far the best monitor we’ve owned, having four kids, we’ve gone through so many monitors that have all seemed to loose coverage, stop working etc.
The Kodak is super clear and in full color, you can control the angle/ tilt by the app on your phone making it soo easy to check up on bub. The sound is perfect and doesn’t cut in and out like other monitors we have used. We absolutely love our monitor and recommend it to a everyone.

Tech SupportKodak

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. All the best Kodak Smart Home Australia

justene badgerSouth East Queensland, QLD

I like the device but could improve.

It cuts out of WiFi and says monitor connecting when i am not far from camera and WIFI is on. There is a delay in the cry as I'm in the next room I hear baby cry then it will come through the monitor. And I like monitor to go dark when baby isn't moving or crying as its so bright at night time and thats with the brightness turned down.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$350.00.

justene badger

Thank you i will do this right now.

Great baby monitor!

This is a super reliable baby monitor that presents a clear picture both day and night, and has good audio quality. The coverage of the monitor is extensive, as we’ve been able to take the unit throughout the house without issue. The app is a fantastic addition too, and really easy to use. Handy for when the unit is low on battery!

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Jessica, thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Amazing picture quality!

Really happy with our Kodak c525, the range and coverage is really and the picture quality is the best iv seen any other monitors even on night mode. The audio quality is also great and you can set the sensitivity to suit your needs. I like the talk back feature and the lullabies that are built in. It was really easy to set up and the app is easy to use. I really like that I can check up on baby wherever I am in the house without carrying the monitor around with me. The notifications on the phone are also really handy. Overall a great and reliable product, some of the others on the market in the same price range or more don’t offer the same quality.

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Kingdom Physical store.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Seda, thank you for letting others know of your experience with your Kodak C525. We are so happy to hear you love the product as much as we do! All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Jess O.

Jess O.Sydney, NSW

Love this baby monitor

Love this product! It’s perfect for when I have bubs asleep and I can still watch her while playing with my toddler outside. Sound quality is great and product was so easy to set up :)

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Jess, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Hannah

HannahQueensland

Love this Baby Monitor

Super happy with our C225 Baby Monitor - very easy to use and set up and the picture quality is great!
I love that I can use it anywhere around the house and adjust the camera view 85 degree angle plus two-way communication is perfect for living in a two story home.
Plus the phone APP has made mum life a whole lot easier

Purchased in February 2020.

Tech SupportKodak

Hi Hannah, Thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

Rachael

RachaelQueensland

Great picture quality, most features are really good

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Rachael, thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

chloe whittred

chloe whittredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing modern baby monitor

I am so happy with our new Kodak cherish C225 baby monitor! it was so easy to set up and the quality of the sound and picture is amazing! And I absolutely love that I can see baby On my iPhone!

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Chloe, thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.

CarlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very buggy camera system. Major issues with features.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bubs n Grubs Physical store for A$434.00.

Carl

Thank you Oricom. As I mentioned, both Oricom staff and Kodak technical support were amazing to deal with.

Myra M.

Myra M.South East Queensland, QLD

Time saving for a newborn and two year old!

Purchased in January 2020.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Myra, thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia

Natasha

NatashaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Essential baby item!

Easy to use and so many extra functions compared to regular baby monitors.
Great quality image and audio.
Very easy to set up.
We are so happy with this product and look forward to using it with our newborn.

Purchased in February 2020.

Technical SupportKodak

Hi Natasha, thanks for the review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Kodak Smart Home Australia.