2Kreepy Krauly RX-Tank

mikePerth, WA

Peter H.
Peter H.Perth, WA5 posts

Started well --Ended in failure

unfortunately like others here. worked well for few months-- now constantly stops.. tried everything, more suction less suction...and this is in a fully clean pool ,,,nothing to suck up..

disappointed to say the least

Peter Show details

Laki
LakiAU2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Great pool cleaner

After 6 weeks of use, the tank works well. Only stopped once when a twig got caught in the rubber tracks. Leaves, dirt and other debris are easily cleaned off the pool surface. Show details ·  1
BRQG
BRQG

Love that ready to use pool!

Best thing I've ever done putting one of these in my pool. Picks up leaves, sticks, bugs whatever ends up on the bottom of the pool really! Climbs the walls to the ledge and keeps the ledge reasonably clean as well. Make my life much easier and it's easy to just jump in and swim around the hose and cleaner. So compact and the install was super easy. Love this product big time! Show details ·  1
Wall and Step Cleaning
JOHN
JOHN

Does the job it was purchased for

Does what I was told it would do. Not disappointed. Show details
Clare G.
Clare G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Spring eroded

Before even using it o has left it in the box outside where it got wet.it worked for a while but just stopped. I ended up buying a robot cleaner which is worth the price. Show details
Kreepy Krauly   DM

So sorry to hear that. Please call us on 1800 777 255 for us to assist.

Ange
Ange

Great initially but fails over time

We loved the simplicity and price of the RX Tank, and initially it worked really well. Within the first 12 mths they replaced the gearing inside due to it failing. The tracks are constantly loose, even after putting it in the sun often.
It works intermittently. It is currently stuck half way up the shallow end wall and hasn’t moved for about an hour.
Totally disappointed, we have had it about 2 years now
No longer recommend this cleaner to friends, too many fails for me Show details
Kreepy Krauly   DM

We are so sorry to hear you have experienced this. Please give us a call on 1800 777 255 for us to assist.

Chris
ChrisPerth, WA

Money poorly spent

Worked well for 8 months then stopped. 3 trips to the repair shop and still an unreliable pool cleaner. Constantly stuck in corners, climbs half way up a wall and stops, stops in middle of pool, rolls on its side frequently. It's easier and less frustrating to manually vacuum the pool. Show details
exozzie
exozzie7 posts
Overall
Noise Level
AB I.
AB I.Perth, WA

poor performance

started to give up after 12 months and as soon as the warranty period finished, it gave up completely. Show details
Kreepy Krauly   DM

We are sorry to hear you have had this experience. Please give us a call on 1800 777 255.

Paul
Paul2 posts

Rex tank

Worked well for 12months, tracks started to fall off & was told to leave in the sun for a day, that worked well for 2 weeks.took back to service agent was told they replaced something inside. 12months later have been back to service agent twice as kept stopping now has just stopped again after 3 weeks. When worked was a good cleaner.service agent has been good couldn’t complain about service.
Have had 3 kreepys befor this ne ver really had a problem Show details
Michael
MichaelPerth, WA

Track continually falls off

Works well but unfortunately the track continues to fall off. No apparent adjustment obvious to increase tension. Cleans well in the liner pool when it works. Show details ·  1
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Meldeakin
MeldeakinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Kreepy Krauly RX-Tank issues

Bought the Kreepy Krauly RX-Tank in 2022. Has issues with tracks coming off and pieces falling out like blue circular discs after a week. Took back to place of purchase and they repaired. Worked better after this but never went up walls as suggested by salesperson and frequently had issue in needing tracks put back on and debris clearing out. Last week tracks would not even turn and could not see issue so pulled out of pool ready to return to shop. Had another try yesterday and put in pool and forgot to attach halo piece and cleaner is going up walls and has never worked better. Will watch and see if this continues. Show details
Kreepy Krauly   DM

Hi Meldeakin, Please give us a call on 1800 777 255 if you do have any more issues.

Pool owner
Pool ownerPerth, WA2 posts

Not great!

I’m a big fan of the original Kreepy Krauly, however the Tank in my opinion is the worst pool cleaner I’ve owned. Firstly it’s very sensitive to high levels of pool chlorine. While the plastic is not, the flexible silicone pipe connection and rubber tracks are not. I’ve had to replace twice in my ownership. The other issue I’ve had is the unit only going in one direction and not turning. I notified and brought in the unit to my local pool shop who contacted Kreepy Krauly but neither have successfully rectified the issue ….. I’ve given up ; this is going in the bin! Show details
Stu
StuSouth East Queensland, QLD

At least half the pool is clean

Bought rx-tank Jan 2022. For the first 10mths it was great. Cleaned very thoroughly as our pool accumulates a moderate amount of debris. Unfortunately, it then started having issues. Firstly, started getting stuck in the deep end as it wasn't 'rotating'. Turns out the tread had come loose on the tracks and needed replacing (under warranty). Worked well for another few weeks, but now it is getting stuck in the shallow end as it no longer seems to be able to climb the walls and gets stuck again. I will take it back to the pool shop again, but reliability should not be an issue with a pool cleaner after 18mths of use. Show details

Stuart D.
Stuart D.

Current pool cleaner is not able to effectively suck up the vast quantity of gum leaves and nuts in my pool (gets jammed every 30 seconds).

Does the RX tank do a good job of picking up gum leaves and nuts in large quantities?

I am ANGRY
I am ANGRY

I also have the same problem. We turn the pump 24 hours a day for 2 weeks, with the RX-Tank, but bottom of the pool still full of small leaves

Richard S.
Richard S.

I have a pebble-creet pool surface, and have been using a standard KK for years. I am looking for an upgrade and like the sound of a robotic cross over unit. Does the Tank operate effectively on pebble-creet pool surfaces and climb the walls in a pebble-creet pool? Will it happily climb onto the steps and clean them as well? Thanks.