Kumho Solus KH17

Kumho Solus KH17

Great mileage

We are about to replace the original tyres on my wife's 2012 Kia Cerato Sli, has 17 inch rims. The tyres have covered approx. 69,000kms so far, which I think is fantastic, especially after reading some of the reviews on here. We will probably go with another set of these based on our experience. This car has done predominantly highway driving which would have helped these km figures. Personally I find the tyres a bit noisy, by comparison to my Commodore at least.

Purchased in March 2012.

Tyre Mileage 69,000 km
Car ModelKia Cerato TD (2009-2013)
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI
Durability
Dry Weather Handling

I will NEVER buy Kumho tyres ever again.

I've purchased this brand and model tyres twice (in 16" & 17", sets of 4) and I would NEVER buy another Kumho tyre. The tyres were bought new and I was told I would get 40,000+ KMs out of them and in both cases these tyres didn't even get 15,000 KMs out of them, extremely disappointing product and very unhappy customer.

Purchased in May 2017 for $600.00.

Tyre Mileage 15,000 km
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Durability
Dry Weather Handling

Good product

I have recently purchased a pair of tyres and I still need to see how long it will last, so far it seems to be a good product. Soon I'll leave a proper review.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $169.00.

Tyre Mileage 1,200 km
Car ModelHolden Cruze
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI

Poor tyre life

These tyres were the original factory fitted tyres on my car.
Initially performance was reasonable considering they're Kumho's budget tyre.
As the tyres wore however, their performance deteriorated dramatically (the slightest amount of rain or dirt on the road causes traction control to kick in (& this is driving conservatively)). At only 28,000kms & with tyre rotation every annual service, the front tyres have worn out. Will be replacing all four with Michelin Energy XM2.

*Accepable performance when new
*Very short service life
*Poor performance when wet

Car2016 Kia Rio UB 3 door

Cheap but not great mileage

Tyres grip well and the ride is OK. The price was excellent.. got them on a price match from KMART Tyres and Auto. The only issue I have with them is that do not wear well. I am running the correct pressure but the centre of the tyres is wearing out very quickly.

CarCommodore VS UTE

value for money on our Kia Cerato

I have had Khumo tyres in the past anf always had good experiences. I drive defensively and pride my ability in the wet. These tyres have never slipped and always feel sure footed. I could not be confident that by pating more for another brand, I would get a better product. Will buy again.

Car2017 Kia Cearto sedan.

Kumho Reliability

These tyres handle well on sealed and dirt roads, wet weather and dry. We purchased two full sets and will definitely keep using this tyre. I have found them to be very stable on the road and they are wearing very well. We have them on two vehicles after being happy with the initial set.

Car2013 commodore

Good tyres but short life span

Nice tyres that give great ride quality. I found them good in all conditions. Only drawback is their life expectancy - it's relatively short ( approx 40,000km ). Could perhaps get better life on a vehicle that isn't as heavy as my Jeep. Overall, I was pretty happy with them. Shop around for the best price as there are huge variances ( almost double in some cases ) I found tyresales.com.au had the cheapest advertised price but K-Mart Tyre & Auto beat their price ( price beat guarantee )

Car2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Great tyres - really good

We had some terrible noisy tyres that we got from Kmart Tyres (that were expensive) and thanks goodness we got new Kumo tyres from Byford Kumo - they are so quite - love them and we have had a lot of rain here - they are doing the job brilliantly.

CarMazda

Good value but won't last long

These tyres aren't too bad if you want to save some money and don't use your car much. I used them for about 20,000 km and they look like they would last maximum of another 20,000 km. They wear out quickly but they are cheap, so you make the decision

CarMazda 121 Metro Shades 2000

Value for money

Bought these tyres for my GH series Mazda 6 hatch. Was a good tyre, but outer side walls started to get worn out faster rather than evenly wearing out across the tyre. Car had wheel alignment done when tyres purchased and was not the issue. Rotated them every 10,000kms. Lasted only 39,000 kms. I expected them to last at least up to 50,000kms. They are good in the dry, but found them to slip in the wet. If they are on special/bargained down a lot and you want value for money tyre, these are ok compared to other non name brands (eg. from china, etc.). Will be sticking to the Jap brands moving forward eg. Toyo, Bridgestone, Yokohama even though they are dearer for safety and longer life. You get what you pay for.

Car2009 Mazda 6 Hatchback

Kumho Solus K17

Purchased these new tyres last winter when replacing the original tyres. I have now driven over 10,000 km on these tyres and are very happy with the grip on the road and also the appear to be very durable.There is no notable wear on the tread and they still look like new. As I had a lot of kilometres on my last tyres when the new tyres has made the car sit better on the road and believe has improved performance of car. If you are looking to purchase new tyres I would recommend Kumho brand.

CarMazda 3 2011 Hatchback

Can't fault them

I bought these in winter & a few days' later they had their first test when it starting raining cats & dogs. They passed with flying colours. They've got good grip & as I got them for a good price, I'm happy with them. I've only been driving for 2 yrs, so was guided by a relative in my purchase of these and can't really compare them to other brands out there. Based on results though, I would buy this brand again.

CarMazda 2 sedan

Long lasting, good grip

I have these on my Mazda. Got them for a great price. Long lasting, i feel the quality of rubber on side where they print the brand is little week nowadays, as I see deep cuts and chips. Still hold pressure and runs fine. Just an observation over the years.

CarMazda 3

durable and cheap

It has been used over 6months and almost 15000km used but still looks like brand new (means quite durable).
It has good handling feeling, smooth riding and no skid in rainy day at all.
This is much cheaper than previous one (Continental tyres from Germen) but the satisfaction is much higher.
I will buy this product again definitely.
No problem at all so far.

Carjeep

Durable and affordable tyre, what more can you ask for?

The Kumho tyres were recommended to me by my auto mechanic. I have been using them on my Mazda 3 more than a year and they are still going strong as there were no problems when getting my pink slip. Needless to say, these tyres are durable and have a good grip on all types of surfaces. They are also quite affordable compared to other brands, such Bridgestone and Michelin.

Car2007 Mazda 3

Great tyres!

HAve had them on for 6 months and have not missed a beat. Got them in a deal, with one of them for free at Kmart Auto at a really good price. Very durable, driven in all types of roads and have not let me down at all. Would definitely recommend!

CarHolden Barina

Best tyres .

34,000 km used already and still going . Great handling and fantastic in wet weather . Just as good as my previous tyres - Yokohama A539 . Better than Falken or Bridgestone tyres . They are 225/55R16 size . Grip and durable , hard to do better than these .

Car2006 Mazda 6 Hatchback 2.3 Litre .

Great types!

We have been using Kumho for the past few years and they are great. We drive a Hyundai Accent that came with Kumho from factory and we were very impressed, specially since they lasted almost 90,000 km! We just replaced them and did some price comparison but nothing can beat the value of a Kumho tyre.

CarHyundai Accent

Kumho Road Venture MT51

Just installed a set of 285/75r16 Kumho MT51's on my Landcruiser, I have run Coopers, BFG, Brigestone, Maxxis and Mickey Thompson on past vehicles (All heavy duty 4x4), some of these have severely underperformed and displayed rapid deterioration. To date the Kumho MT51's have been my favourite and are very cost effective. These are sold as a Mixed Terrain and they certainly are very quiet. I liked the fact that product testing was done in Australia for our conditions and our vehicles. These are not a small tyre, they are 33.1 inches and fill out the wheel arches nicely on my cruiser, unlike some other brands that are very small for their advertised size. I cannot comment on personal wear just yet, however I will update this review as I put more Km's over various terrain on these tyres.
****(Update 10/06/2018)****
I have done 15000km on these tyres across a range of different terrain now, the tires still look new and tread wear is negligible, although road noise has increased they are very quiet for such an aggressive looking tire.
Beach sand - these tyres air down nicely and at 18psi will create a good footprint and get you through all but the softest beaches.
Gravel roads - these are fantastic on loose / rutted gravel roads and track in a very true direction.
Bitumen - not as good as a road tyre, however very grippy and perform exceptionally well.

CarToyota 105 Series Landcruiser