Kumho Solus KH17

Kumho Solus KH17

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Mikef50
Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Back to the Future, with smiles!

Purchased in December 2020 for $109.

Gary Rodhouse
Gary RodhouseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Silent but don't Last long.

Kumho Solus tyres came standard on our new 2015 Jeep . Super silent love them for that . Only get 35,000 km out of a set though. Have had no handling issues. Have done 70,000 km now and am due a 3rd set I am in 2 minds on what to do. Mainly highway driving but do tow a caravan occasionally.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $250.

Dangerous in wet weather

Peterrr
PeterrrJoondanna

2 tyres exploded while driving within 3 days

KUMHOP SOLUS KH17 was put on my Subaru Forester 5 years and 40 000 km ago. With still a decent amount of thread left in them we went for a trip. 1st tyre burst while driving 110 km/h, lucky it was the rear one and I managed to stop safely. I've changed it for the spare. 2 days later while still travelling I noticed an increasing vibration to the steering wheel. We checked the front tyres noticing a bulge on one of them. While being in the middle of nowhere we slowly limped to the nearest town. Didn't make it. In about 5 minutes...boom a 2nd tyre gone. I couldn't believe it. See the pictures for evidence. Very strange and very disappointing KUMHO.

Vick
VickPerth, WA

Good tyres

Good tyres for affordable prices. Lasted for 8 months even after regular use. Tread lasted for while and safe while driving the car . I recoomed trying this tyres.cheaper than other products

Purchased in January 2018 at Mycar (Kmart Tyre & Auto Service) for $100.

GRR
GRRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great mileage

We are about to replace the original tyres on my wife's 2012 Kia Cerato Sli, has 17 inch rims. The tyres have covered approx. 69,000kms so far, which I think is fantastic, especially after reading some of the reviews on here. We will probably go with another set of these based on our experience. This car has done predominantly highway driving which would have helped these km figures. Personally I find the tyres a bit noisy, by comparison to my Commodore at least.

Purchased in March 2012.

Adam
AdamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I will NEVER buy Kumho tyres ever again.

I've purchased this brand and model tyres twice (in 16" & 17", sets of 4) and I would NEVER buy another Kumho tyre. The tyres were bought new and I was told I would get 40,000+ KMs out of them and in both cases these tyres didn't even get 15,000 KMs out of them, extremely disappointing product and very unhappy customer.

Purchased in May 2017 for $600.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Gabriel
GabrielPerth, WA

Good product

I have recently purchased a pair of tyres and I still need to see how long it will last, so far it seems to be a good product. Soon I'll leave a proper review.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $169.

world_traveller
world_travellerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor tyre life

These tyres were the original factory fitted tyres on my car.
Initially performance was reasonable considering they're Kumho's budget tyre.
As the tyres wore however, their performance deteriorated dramatically (the slightest amount of rain or dirt on the road causes traction control to kick in (& this is driving conservatively)). At only 28,000kms & with tyre rotation every annual service, the front tyres have worn out. Will be replacing all four with Michelin Energy XM2.

*Accepable performance when new
*Very short service life
*Poor performance when wet

Car2016 Kia Rio UB 3 door

Traveller
TravellerHunter Region, NSW

Cheap but not great mileage

Tyres grip well and the ride is OK. The price was excellent.. got them on a price match from KMART Tyres and Auto. The only issue I have with them is that do not wear well. I am running the correct pressure but the centre of the tyres is wearing out very quickly.

CarCommodore VS UTE
Scott and Eliza M
Scott and Eliza MMittagong

value for money on our Kia Cerato

I have had Khumo tyres in the past anf always had good experiences. I drive defensively and pride my ability in the wet. These tyres have never slipped and always feel sure footed. I could not be confident that by pating more for another brand, I would get a better product. Will buy again.

Car2017 Kia Cearto sedan.
Possum
PossumDeniliquin

Kumho Reliability

These tyres handle well on sealed and dirt roads, wet weather and dry. We purchased two full sets and will definitely keep using this tyre. I have found them to be very stable on the road and they are wearing very well. We have them on two vehicles after being happy with the initial set.

Car2013 commodore

Damir Cosic
Damir CosicGold Coast

Good tyres but short life span

Nice tyres that give great ride quality. I found them good in all conditions. Only drawback is their life expectancy - it's relatively short ( approx 40,000km ). Could perhaps get better life on a vehicle that isn't as heavy as my Jeep. Overall, I was pretty happy with them. Shop around for the best price as there are huge variances ( almost double in some cases ) I found tyresales.com.au had the cheapest advertised price but K-Mart Tyre & Auto beat their price ( price beat guarantee )

Car2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Brando
BrandoPerth, WA

Great tyres - really good

We had some terrible noisy tyres that we got from Kmart Tyres (that were expensive) and thanks goodness we got new Kumo tyres from Byford Kumo - they are so quite - love them and we have had a lot of rain here - they are doing the job brilliantly.

CarMazda
Moe
MoeTasmania, 7320

Good value but won't last long

These tyres aren't too bad if you want to save some money and don't use your car much. I used them for about 20,000 km and they look like they would last maximum of another 20,000 km. They wear out quickly but they are cheap, so you make the decision

CarMazda 121 Metro Shades 2000