Kumho Solus KL21

Kumho Solus KL21

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Gary
GaryPerth, WA

+100,000km from these!

I had KMart Auto fit a set of these on my VW Touareg when the original Pirellis were shot at 36,000km. That was in 2012. Now 2021 and VW has 144,000km on the clock. Yes the tyres are cactus no but what a run!

Purchased in September 2012 for $160.00.

Noise Level
phantomrose1999
phantomrose1999

60,000 kms and still not worn out

New Jeep Grand Cherokee bought mid 2018. Toured the east coast of Australia. Usually loaded to the rafters. Get 7.5l/100 kms. Melbourne to Brisbane at 110kms. Now done 60,000 kms. Not worn out to the wear indicators, but may change them soon. Very good grip in the wet. Will buy the same again.

Purchased in July 2018.

Denrob
DenrobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent tyres for wet / dry / long distance.

These are excellent tyres, 96,000 and still have 2.5 on front 3.5 on back never been rotated, a little noisy on some of our badly surfaced roads (Highways & country roads) will replace with same without hesitation. These tyres were fitted to car when purchased new.

Purchased in August 2012.

Bernie
BernieMilton , Otago nz

Hugely disappointed user.

Car2007 Sante Fe CRD1 Elite.

Bob41
Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

Very Poor Life

Fitted these after reading good reports, big mistake, they will be lucky to do 20.000 ks, so much for the dealer maintenance program.. Forget the mileage warranty, no help at all. From k-mart, on the + side they do handle well in wet or dry & they are quiet. Kumho just forgot to include a good wear ingredient.

Car2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Gazza
GazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incredible tyre life

These tyres were fitted to my Kia Sportage from new and have done 114,000klm including rotating the spare, nearly all suburban driving. Four are down to about 2.5mm the spare is 3.5mm so time for a new set. I always run higher than factory pressures (38/36 psi). These tyres perform well wet or dry, not a sports tyre but perfect for an SUV. A little noisy on some course surfaces but not too bad. Will buy another set.

Car2011 Kia Sportage FWD
Alex
AlexNewcastle

Pay more save more

Usually the type of person to buy cheaper tyres however decided this time around to buy these ones and I haven’t looked back 12 months later and they still look like they’ve got at least 95% tread left.
Water dispersion is excellent and having a v8 so obviously very heavy on fuel. I seem to be getting around another 50kms a tank

Car2013 vf

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Big Al
Big AlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average

Car2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel.

Dave w
Dave wMUNDOOLUN

Very poor tyers

I Have A 2017 Hyundai Tyson. A W D new car only done 30.000 Ks and rear tiers need replacing
not very happy.
very poor tyer's . would never use this tipe of tier again just a wast of money I am buying two new ones but am going Bridge stone

Car2017 Hyundai Tyson AWD

LucasK
LucasKBrisbane

Great All Round Touring Tyre

So far so good, I have had them for 5 years now on a FWD SUV. With over 60ks on them they are just now asking to be replaced (fronts anyway with only 1.5mm left). Rears still have 2.5mm on them. So you can easily get 50-60k from them. They have good all-round performance wet/dry/on/off road and road noise is minimal for highway driving. I will defiantly be getting another pair to replace the front ones. Highly recommended for all rounder tyre.

CarIx35
Yusra
YusraRooty Hil

Good tyres with Nice grip.

These tyres have turned out to be pretty durable so far. The road grip is great on turnings.
Only thing I don't like is the road noise which can be heard while braking.
I have it on my Kia optima and they look great as well.
Overall a solid performer and price is also very reasonable comparing to Bridgestone and Pirelli.

CarKia optima 2012

MalLake Macquarie NSW

Better than I expected

I've have only done about 5000kms so far so no comment on durability. However, wet and dry weather grip, noise and comfort so far has been impressive, better than I thought they would be. At least as good as the Bridgestone Duelers 687 I previously had on the car and much better than the Bridgestones in the wet. And at about 2/3 the price of the Bridgestones, I think I'll be sticking with Kumho's for a while.

Car2010 Subaru Forester

Miriam van Cooten
Miriam van CootenNewport NSW

Every time I need a new tyre I get Kymho Solus they are priced well and are excellent

Yes the tires are durable, they hug the road well, I got them from K mart tyre and Auto as I Trust their work and pricing.
I have used jump tryes in all my cars and I have recommended them to my daughter who got 4 new ones for her Car as well. We are both happy with the tyres

CarHyundai ix35

Told these were good tyres and read reviews that rated them good

Tyres performed well but just been told while having a service that my rear tyres need replacing within another 5,00klms. I have only done 24,000klms and had them rotated and kept the presure at the recommended psi. Would not buy again as my last tyres Dunlop Grandtrek lasted 80,000klms so not happy.

Car2009 Mitsubishi Pajero
Mitch
MitchAuckland

Wouldn't use any other tyre

I have used these tyres on various cars and have yet to find a better value/grip/tyre life balance on another brand. For example Continental tyres wore like a bugga and ain't cheap! I like Michelin for grip but they cost a fortune! Aussie car reviewer rates Kumho tyres highly too. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMti7VQC1k

CarJaguar XJ8, Seat Toledo 1.8T, Mitsibushi RVR, Volvo V70

Shelley
Shelleyasked

Recommend for a Subaru Forester?

MarkoPolo
MarkoPolo

As long as you don't take if off road and stick to normal roads it will be a good tire for Subie.

Mal

I have had the Kumho KL21's for 20,000 kms so far and I have found them to be an excellent road tyre and well suited to my 2010 Forester. The tread pattern isn't aggressive enough for off road use, but that wasn't a major concern to me. However, I recently irreparably damaged one of the tyres (a spike through the tread shoulder) and have found it pretty much impossible to replace in 215/65 x 16 size. No-one seems to stock that size in KL21's anymore. For that reason alone, I will look for something more readily available for my next set of tyres.

Have I spent good money
Have I spent good money asked

Would you recommend these for a RAV4 2011, how safe are they on the road all around?

SJDB72
SJDB72

We have a Mitsubishi Outlander and our experience of these tyres was great!!. I even repaired a few small punctures and they held up well until we could get them replaced. They have an awesome grip on the road compared to regular highway tyres and on our car they were very quiet. They are an all-terrain type tyre so you should find them good in most conditions. Ours were the 225/65 R18.

Thank you, yes looking at the 225/65 R17, tbc

Jason
Jason

I can't see why not. As per my review, I found them to handle well in all paved road conditions (never managed to get them to aquaplane...) as well as the occasional gravel road. They also lasted quite well (70,000 K+). I'm 25,000 K in to the second set and am just as happy as the first set.

Category4WD Tyres