L.J. Hooker

L.J. Hooker

See the Best Real Estate Agents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bad customer service

This is my first time I’m renting a property through them. They have a big setup and good app but they take ages to solve basic tents problems. Hardly attend the calls never call back.
Not impressed. Onsite manager are way better then them. I am talking about Southside LJhookes brisbane.

I will never use them again. LJ HOOKER West Lakes SA

I put a star because it is mandatory. Otherwise, I would give zero! They mislead us about the NBN connection this caused all sort of problems and delays. The leasing agent said you do your own research about it, lol. The property manager could not understand the difference between the Internet Provider and the Phone line, and it took almost ten days to disconnect the old line. I had to ask my internet provider to be involved in this mess. Also, the property manager said the gas meter is an electricity meter. I Could not locate the main electricity switch, the property manager hand up on me when I asked her about it over the phone. I Had to ring Power SA, and they ask the electrician to help me. It was located five houses down the road lol. I could write more, but this is enough to have a massive headache. Just stay away, look up reviews and go from there.

Never ever use them

Put a star because its mandatory otherwise they don't deserve any stars....Never use this company for renting your properties, We used them for tenting our house for the first time, First they forgot to pay strata and council rates, making us to pay a fine. House was looking awful, but no actions from agent, then they forgot to claim water bills (even though we have reminded them from the beginning of the contract) from tenant and when asked they said they can't claim old bills.Now the rental is overdue for two weeks , they haven't notice it till we raised it.Many more issues to write...

LJ hooker Norwood st Peters in sa. How not to run ur rent roll!!

Made enquiries to rent a house recently with these people. What a joke! They send an email saying u need to register for an inspection, which I did. Then received email saying 'we will b in touch to let u know when an inspection is organised'. Four days later I get an email saying the house has been let. No inspection for me then, no chance to put an application in, nothing. I was just cast aside. In their day four email, they stress how important it is to register for inspections. What the hell for. Will never contact this agency again.

LJ Hooker Forest Lake, now LJ Hooker Browns Plains

As a landlord, we have had a terrible experience with this company when they managed our property for about 8 years. At first couple of years they were great, then it went downhill from there. They took time in responding to emails) (weeks, if they did respond at all). We send them follow up emails and copies of our emails to get them to respond and quite often they did not pay attention to that. In the end, you call them but they are not available and does not always return calls either. It was an absolute nightmare to get to the bottom of any issues about our property as we had a really bad tenant at the time. The inspection report, once done, looked like the report from last time like they just copied and pasted information from the old report to the new one. For example some comment from a previous inspection report performed by another staff like: "tried to swithch the light in the upstairs living area but the tenant was in the way..." was written the same way word for word on the new inspection report performed by a different staff. I guess its up to the landlord to pick this up, but why should it be when you're supposed to trust a company that you hired to take care of your property? When issues were raised after we find out that things weren't right in our property, then they tell us that as the previous staff who was working on it has left, it is not their problem to fix what happened during that time in the tenancy and that we can't tell the tenant what to do in our property as its basically their house while they are living in it. What? So we spend hundreds of thousands of $$$ on our house, and once we rent it out some tenant can just do whatever they want in it like drill holes on the walls without asking for persmission first? The tenant had a backlog of water consumption bills, and she didn't want to pay this and the agency did not follow up on these until its too late and we end up losing money because the tenant now no longer wants to pay the bill because according to her she is only "legally" required to pay for water consumption if its less than 3 months old. So we ask the agency to keep following this up, even get the tenant to maybe pay it off if shes having a hard time to pay the full amount straight away, and they don't follow up with this so the bad tenant just got away with it until we told them we will not renew that tenant's lease anymore just to get her out and end having to deal with this company. Very unprofessional and unreliable on all fronts. I do not recommend this company to any landlord at all.

Perfect example of 'How NOT to run an Office'

We sold our home through LJ Hooker Frankston. This was the start of our problems dealing with this office. We applied for early release of deposit, when it did not arrive in our bank account, we were continually 'lied to' as to when it would be paid. We were then told that a $250 fee would be charged (for them to do the paperwork) for early release of deposit. I phoned other Real Estate offices and this fee is not charged anywhere else. I phoned the Real Estate Institute of Victoria and they had never heard of this fee being charged either.
We leased a factory to store our furniture. The paperwork we signed stated that we would pay by B-Pay and through a company called Rental Rewards. We were two months in advance and Rental Rewards deducted a months rent without our authority, on phoning Rental Rewards, I was told that the paperwork had been changed by someone at LJ Hooker Frankston. Rental Rewards are underhanded in their practices also and avoid using this company at all costs.
We have recently vacated this property and although the property was left in an immaculate condition, it took nearly three weeks of phone calls and emails to Frankston and finally a phone call to LJ Hooker Head Office, to get our Bond refunded.
Disgusting Customer Service from this Office. Will never, ever deal with LJ Hooker again.
The service from LJ Hooker Head Office was exemplary, at least someone understands the importance of good customer service.

Writing a review about the Property manager from Pakenham.

Belinda Materoa is the property manager of the house we are renting and can I just say she was so helpful throughout the whole entire process of the rental application to what the next steps were for us and so forth! Absolutely recommend Belinda from LJ Hooker Pakenham!

DO you like being interrogated over the phone.

(Newcastle office in Hamilton) Agent calls me, has not even read my application, talks down to me on the phone, demanding information that is clearly on the forms.
Pretty funny they call themselves professionals, they are arrogant and money grabbing, with about as much brains as a heroin dealer.
DONT RENT HERE !!

LJ Hooker, Grantville

I'm reviewing LJ Hooker from Grantville, Victoria, 3984.

Donna Probert, the office manager, was tireless in her approach to getting the house sold. And every week she made contact informing me of the latest news regarding queries and interested buyers. She was great to talk to: very affable and she knew the business well. I was amazed when the house sold in about 3 months for a fair price, and at the best possible terms, as the property wasn't in the greatest condition. I know of similar properties in the area that have languished, unsold, for years.

Very grateful to Donna for all her help and great attitude, turning what could have been an ordeal into a fate accompli.

LJ Hooker Mount Barker

Do not contract your investment property or enter into a residential tenancy contract until this agency changes it’s current property management staff @ May ‘19. You will experience difficulty with property maintenance being managed, poor treatment of tenants and poor records for ingoing inspections. Evidence of poor landlord and tenant demographic gives rise to current poor property management conduct. Good luck with this group of property management misfits...

I would give minus stars if I could

LJ Hooker City Residential Perth
Photos used in property condition report (on moving in) were not from when I moved in (where were the many weeds?) so I provided many photos of my own. Dealing with a different person on exit who then ‘can’t comment’ or ‘didn’t get’ my photos from moving in then ‘didn’t think they were relevant’. 2/10 clean on moving in (disgusting!) but 9.5/10 on moving out was apparently not good enough.
Exit inspection photos were not taken at that time (my cleaner took photos too) trying to justify additional cleaning being needed.
Nothing had been serviced when I moved in so *everything* failed. Not helpful through those issues & very inconvenient.
Avoid at all costs. Had to threaten court action to get my bond back, and had to be prepared to follow through. I’m actually sad I didn’t get to shred them in court

Stay away from LJ Hooker Mandurah if you have an investment property

If you have an investment property and you want trouble free management of that property - STAY AWAY from LJ Hooker Mandurah. We've been with them a few years and in the last 12 months, it's been a nightmare. I've worked in real estate previously and still have friends in the business. This was the worst customer service I've seen in a long time. I am appalled at how they went down the drain in the last year. We've had four property managers in a year 'managing' our property so never just one person to build a relationship. Communication was always a problem and had to wait up to two weeks for replies. Here's an example of complete disregard and unprofessionalism experienced ... their contracted tradesman removes our dishwasher to fix it - leaves the tap dripping under the sink. The tenant reports this and the agent rings to say the tradesman said the tenant must have turned the tap under the bench on (after he'd taken the dishwasher away). LJ Hooker then asks me for my insurance details so that they can claim from MY insurance! Seriously?! I am not an idiot. I had to instruct them to pursue a claim through the tradesman's insurance (I am not paying an excess for someone else's negligence). Then they didn't bother to inform us in January this year that our tenants were not renewing their 12 month lease agreement and had moved to a periodical (even after advising us three months before that they would offer the tenant another 12 month lease). Then, four months later, we receive an email to say tenants were vacating! Yet, LJ Hooker sees no problem with not keeping us informed. They say they've met all the requirements of their Management Authority. So, now the company has flown in a new Manager, with new staff, however, he hasn't been much help. He's been very polite and released us from our Management Authority … easy way out rather than have to recompense us – also stinks of an admission of guilt. We've now moved to a new real estate but want to warn potential owners of investment properties to be aware – shop around – all is not as it seems. And this isn't a slanderous post, or defamatory; it's factual.

Do not give them your email address. You will regret it.

When I was looking for a property to purchase I went into their Penrith office to enquire. I was asked for an email address as no salesperson was there. Apart from no one ever contacting me again in relation to my original request, I have received weekly emails from them since (over a 12 month period). I have contacted them about 8 times to ask them to stop sending me emails and each time they say they would organise it. I have given up asking them and now their messages go into the spam box but it shows me what type of company they are and that they don’t show any respect to people.

As the name suggests, just a bunch of hookers grabbing your $ and providing you with very limited service

We used hookers dirty, overpriced, hotel rentals on few occasions. They're quick to get your $ but if you have an issue, with them not delivering what they promised, you're on your own!
Wouldn't recommend.

Graham Bailey gave us outstanding Service

Graham Bailey is a Sales Associate at LJ Hooker Gladstone. From our initial phone contact with him to being handed the keys after our purchase, he always showed us exceptional professionalism, outstanding integrity and a decency which is rare these days. SATISIFACTION GUARANTEED and the attention to detail personifies Graham. He was always working for us as the buyers and we noticed also he was working for the sellers. Thankyou Graham for making the purchase a long lasting memorable moment.

LJ Hooker Collaroy.

LJHooker Collaroy rental nightmare. The bullying, lies and standover tactic used by the rental team at Collaroy was relentless. This has now escalated to perjury at NCAT hearing. I was unable to attend due injury and requested an adjournment suppling medical certificate. The application to evict us was dismissed due to no evidence. Then under oath the two made claims that threats were made against there personal safety there children and family by the way of phone and personally during routine inspection. I video the routine inspection proving no threats made. Have not had phone call from Hookers for months after requesting that they do not call. Put everything in writing and send to me please. Now the claims that Hookers call within days of hearing and these threats were made against them. The NCAT member believed them and granted eviction on the bogus threats alone. Will be requesting that they produce phone records of calls made. As we have received none. How dishonest are these two? They will have trouble to prove these claims against video and phone record evidence. Let’s see what action NCAT take against these two once perjury is proven. Will post the out come.

Appalled by the service and how I was treated

I have had 2 investment properties with LJ Hooker Willetton for many years. Over the past 2 years the property managers have changed on numerous occasions, due to this the communication from the property managers was extremely poor. I finally got a stable property manager and thought that things would improve however the same issues keep occurring. I email and text and get no response, I then have to follow up with another email saying “ Hi you still havnt responded to my last email” I decided to end my contract with the company due to this effective immediately.. that email too was ignored and I had to follow up again to get a response. Due to the reason I’m leaving being the property managers fault I wanted to leave effective immediately but due to contractual agreements I was advised I had to wait 28 days and pay early termination. I then spoke with the owner of the company who said he will “investigate” it, he said he will get back to me after the following Tuesday, which he never did. I called again and he advised he was having a meeting at 2:40 that afternoon about it and will get back to me after that, no phone call Wednesday (Thursday was public holiday) so I called him once again on the Friday. I was advised that he investigated it and couldn’t find any issues. At this point the conversation got a little heated. I advised that keeping me on due to the property managers incompetence isn’t wise as I will write Honest reviews about how I have been treated. The owner of the company then called me a dickhead and if I wanted opinions on my company I wouldn’t want them from you.... this was the Owner of the company. I pointed out that he just called me a dickhead when I specifically mentioned honest reviews, not negative or defaming only honest. He then started back tracking saying “oh no I didn’t call you that, I meant people who make reviews are dickheads” yep this is the owner
The conversation then died down a little and I advised I will email through the correspondence from the property manager and I where the communication was poor from the property manager. I sent through numerous emails and also a conclusive email stating that I wanted my contract terminated immediately with no early termination fee due to the property manager being at fault and that I was appalled that I was called a dickhead over saying I would give honest reviews. I asked that a decision be made by close of business on Monday the following week (as this was a Friday)
I followed up with a phone call which wasn’t answered, so I left a voicemail and I sent a text asking to acknowledge the emails were received.... No response
Come late Monday still no response. I followed up with a phone call which again wasn’t answers and another voicemail. Still no response. The poor communication must start from the top down as this is the owner

Avoid doing any business with this company as I want no one else to go through what I’m going through.

LJ HOOKER BEGA AVOID

Dealt with the Tarlinton and Blacka Family on a negotiation on a property in Wolumla and believe there are dodgy real estate practices here. Avoid this Estate agent at all costs. They also take great pleasure in writing up other businesses around town.

Sold our house

When it came time to sell our family home, we found LJHooker was best for us.
Diane is a very dedicated and proffesional lady who went above and beyond, to make sure that everything went smooth. We thankyou Diane and Team at LJHooker

Nightmare.

We try to rent an Apartment but they make it to an nightmare. At least we endet homeless because they break ther promises. And dont try to call or to text them because they dont answer. They was unpolite and falsh so yeah - when you are clever take anthor agency i would rate 0 Stars but i cant ....