Laminex

Laminex

See the Best Kitchen Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Toni S.

Toni S.South East Queensland, QLD

Laminex Metaline splashback product

cjoyking

cjoykingWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Diamond gloss laminate

In our previous home we put in a new kitchen 14 years ago. The laminate I chose was laminex diamond gloss. The cupboards were standard laminate.
Not once in the following 12 years before selling the house did we have any problems at all with any of the laminate. It still looked as good as the day it was installed in fact the real estate agent thought the kitchen was new. The bench colour was Kashmir granite I think it was called in diamond gloss.
The cupboard colours were parchment and the drawers purvivan clay.

david

davidPerth, WA

The company must be too big as products are inferior and double price of other suppliers.

Jennifer

JenniferIllawarra, NSW

Don’t do it

Don’t do it. I had a diamond gloss benchtop and in the the first week I noticed scratches in it. Have fought for nearly a year. Totally exhausted with the whole process. All Laminex would do for me was to suggest I put in anew benchtop at my cost and they will take a piece away and test it themselves, if they decide it is faulty they will reimburse me.

Job Satisfaction

We should have been warned.

New gloss Laminex kitchen bench tops pitted with dimples. Very disappointed! Would not have chosen if had been informed.Whose fault? Firstly cabinet maker. Had several discussions before choosing. But seems to me that the real problem is the surface quality of the solid particle board base. The Laminate board is pressure glued and would show up any depressions in the surface of the board.

JMS

JMSGympie

Very disappointing. Not the quality I expected. Wouldn't recommend gloss finish Laminex or Formica.

Freestyle stone benchtop

JR29

JR29Sydney

Laminex benchtops

We ordered 2 benchtops over 2 months ago. After waiting 3 weeks, they explained the order was lost. They refused to fast track a replacement order and now after waiting another 3 weeks they have delivered the wrong size and wrong colour benchtops. Now the sales rep won't return our emails and head office has still done nothing about resolving the issue. Great looking website but a useless company behind the glossy advertising.

Laminex diamond gloss bench tops!!

I had my kitchen replaced in Dec 2016, after saving forever and convincing the husband!! I love being in the kitchen cooking and was after an easy clean, usable kitchen. This is not what I got. I too went with diamond gloss tops they are TERRIBLE!! I only have to look at them and they scratch, I couldn't be more careful. I am continually wiping with micro fibre cloths and windex as instructed by the kitchen people. It's a pain in the neck they show every scratch hand print and smear!! Would never recommend to anyone. Very disappointed.

christine ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Keith

Laminex competence in question

Pd off big time

Pd off big timeasked

After reading all these comments I have absolute no confidence in this company. I was considering using the Absolute range for kitchen cupboards. Has anyone any experience with this product?

Jan & Roger
Jan & Roger

I have Absolutematt White in the kitchen and laundry of my new house. It doesn't matter what tinted/clear window/light/tile/paint/bench /night or day it is PALE GREEN .
I now will have to go with a green colour scheme throughout the WHOLE house which will fight with the carpet I have chosen.
The rep did come to the house but his visit hasn't changed the colour. I am so disappointed as I am a Pisces/blue person currently trapped in a green kitchen where I presently live.
At 71 years of age this was to be my dream house !!!!! Utterley devestated.

Sherasked

I am thinking of Diamond Gloss Laminex Benchtops but after reading some reviews I am now re-thinking, has anyone had good luck with their Diamond Glass Benchtops or do they all have a problem?

Keith.S.

Sher, if you are thinking of using the diamond gloss, don't use it near windows that have sunlight as it will fade and discolor. I have used it in my bathroom and that was fine, but the glass is setina glass and doesn't get direct sunlight. Don't believe what they say about it won't scratch because it does.

christine E

Don't use it .It is not the product Laminex advertise. It takes a lot of work to keep it looking good and it is definitely not scratch resistant as they advertise. There are much better alternatives.

Sher

Thank you. ...of course Laminex rep said they have never had a problem. Will definitely rethink but I am not wanting granite etc....have to find some product that doesn't fade or scratch...any suggestions?

CategoryKitchen Renovators