2.5

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (4)

Rude staff. Stay away

I do not appreciate being called and being told you require additional information to transfer my membership. Then provide an identity check. To be interrogated by your rude staff as to what "you" have done wrong. And when I push back and question whether this is information to cancel my membership or for internal purposes. I get the response " they are simply questions I do not understand why you can't answer them" really really. Don't waste my time, tell me the exact reason for your call don't crap me and don't be rude when I exercise my right to privacy and information retention.

You should question your customer service engagement and respect your customers right to privacy and right to transfer health funds.

Meray E.

Meray E.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely lemon

I was upsold and convinced to leave HCF to move to Latrobe to their most expensive Top Extras product. I was told it would provide premium claims services on lifestyle benefits like massage. As soon as I went to claim, the providers who previously accepted HCF for me couldn’t accept Latrobe. What’s the point of a premium policy when you can’t claim! I was sold an absolute lemon. I’ll be returning to my cheaper HCF product which I can actually use!

Kate S.Latrobe Health Services

Hi Meray - we're sorry to see you go, and to hear the claiming experience was a little harder that it should be for you. Thanks again for the feedback. Kate

Ronza HANNA

Ronza HANNAVictoria

-0* for there service

Needed to re-join again, and i had to beg them to do it, and they were been Such punch of [removed] to me & saying NO we can't do it when they re-join my sis couple of days ago. They lost me and all my family as members of them. Needed to speak to the manger they wouldn't let me, NEVER AGAIN and i will spread my experience around.

Catcher

Catcher

Still waiting for claim to be processed 6 weeks later...

Latrobe is like a health fund 15 years ago. Have to submit claims via snail mail. It’s been over 6 weeks and I am still waiting for my claim to be processed. I called them about this and apparently there is a backlog. Save yourself the hassle and go with another fund that provides online claiming.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Panic Attacks When Trying to Claim

Horrendous product knowledge. The goal posts continually changed when claiming for services i had claimed prior. Continually changing descriptions of the same service to suit the criteria. Don't bother folks

Tish B

Tish BGippsland, VIC

I would never consider going anywhere else!

Customer service is excellent. They are very clear and transparent with all of there products. They have a fantastic range of products to suit everyone. When I called the call centre I didn't even have to wait. My call was answered in less than a minute.

Tim

TimSydney, NSW

Very disappointing, will be switching insurers very soon

Happy customers

Happy customersberwick melbourne

Absolutely Fantastic

Having become very dissatisfied with our health fund provider, we started to research various more-favourable options when we came across Latrobe Health Services (a not-for-profit organization). It proved to be the correct choice as my wife needed a very serious operation soon after our membership commenced, the staff clearly explained the policy's conditions and, importantly, we saved a considerable amount of money both in contributions and medical costs. Both my wife and I can highly recommend this health fund.

no problems

5 years away from medibank great service,not 1 problem ,have been in hospital quite a few times &just sign the form and its all done. i have hospital only & its fantastic, i cant comment on extras as i dont have them. i have hospital only & i think its a great service & its very well priced. highly recomend

susan

susan

Great Service

I started my policy knowing i was wanting gastric bypass surgery. The staff put me on the right plan, gave me great advice and spoke respectfully to me whenever i made inquiries. Just over a year later i had the surgery and was covered for everything while there. I honestly believe I have come out even on the costs and never got any problems when making claims. Thank you Latrobe for your professional, reliable service.

Rach

Rach

Poor follow through

Poor customer support- take too long to deal with queries - when a payment didn’t go through they were inflexible and wouldn’t reconsider despite trying to address this with them

Don't Do It

Cancelled policy but wanted to reinstate it during the allowed 30 days - spoke to a "consultant' and was promised a return call the following morning to organise direct debit - instead I find $375 gone from my account without any notice. Rang re the debit and was told they couldn't refund it entirely because I had to pay arrears, I understand that but would have liked the return phone call to organise this as promised as I am currently on reduced salary and this has left me nothing in my account. Back to Medibank Private I go and will gladly sit through their waiting periods!

Michael

MichaelEast Gosford

Have had no issue - Service great and they pay what they say they will pay

Can't believe some of the negative reviews. Been with them for 2 years - had 2 "major" claims as in surgeries by family members. Absolutely no issue - covered everything their document said it would. Had many many extras claims all paid as agreed and within 48 hours.
Are some of the people complaining either trying to rort them or claim things that the contract said was never covered?? Just can't rationalise the complaints with my experience.
As with any fund - join them but read the contract so you understand what you are buying. Same as any purchase, check what you are buying.
Would recommend them to anyone. Experience has been basically faultless.

Unsatisfied

UnsatisfiedVictoria

Highly incompetent ..

Decided to transfer my Medical Insurance to this lot; what a disaster!
"Consultants" obviously poorly trained, rude, and generally unhelpful.
Avoid at all costs.
I quickly went back to Medibank Private; phew!

Mousky

MouskyMelbourne

BEWARE so much out of pocket costs

They hardly cover any of the costs for procedures. I pay a premium for health cover only to find out I'm out of pocket another $600. So that makes me contributing $2,300 and they contributed $988. What is the point of having private health?!

Snowyowl

Snowyowl

Security Conscience They Don't Have A Clue

My review is more about their procedures. They recently wrote to my husband and I to inform us they are now direct debiting our contributions from our bank account. Ok I needed to know that NOT we went into the office to organize this so a letter to confirm was unnecessary. The stupidity does not stop there in the letter they put our bank name our bsb and account number. To say I am upset is an understatement.

Insurance claim madeNo

Top cover but will not pay out!

I pay top cover every month for the past 2 years, I called numerous times to ensure I am covered for my operation. Now I have it all booked in and sent them a quote and they say they will only pay $200 towards a $7000 operation!

Do not buy from them! Wish I had gone with anyone else! So heart broken!

Can you believe that if you need your car fixed it would have more cover then a human being! What is the world coming to!

Insurance claim madeYes

pefect cover for our needs

very satisfied, we have had all questions answered in positive manner
have been in health service since the change over from the Yallourn medical fund ,having top cover and no excess to pay
when diagnosed with 2x breast cancer&lymphodma they were very helpful in assisting with funds to assist for required medical garments

highly recommended

I highly recommend Latrobe. I have used them for obstetrics and ENT surgery. Friendly and helpful when I have needed to call them. Never a problem. and cost effective. Policy is straight forward and is very good value.

Insurance claim madeYes

Stay away from this fund!

I have been insured for 10 years Top cover with LaTrobe - never made a claim. Last week I was diagnosed with cancer and the treatment my dr recommended they wouldn't cover. When I queried it with them I got a standard letter containing research on how this treatment was not that successful in malignancies. However my Dr says this is my best chance - so clearly they think is cheaper for them if I die