Laurastar S4

Laurastar S4

S4A and S4E

Ironing is a treat with the latest Laurastar(S4a)

Our last Laurastar lasted 13 years, we were going to get it serviced - but told it needed a big repair($650 approx) from the technician at Laurastar.
Decided to trade it in and get the latest one - S4a, shown all the features about it in the show room, great!
Bought it, used it the next day and it was a treat to use it and very easy ironing, all different types of materials - great, as well the steam operation perfect.
So a great purchase again, and hopefully it will last a long time again as the previous one.

Purchased in February 2019 at Laurastar for $1,874.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton
Hi Bill thanks for the comments, and loyalty to the brand

This is our second Laurastar

Had one for 14 years. The darned thing would not die and I so yearned for the latest model. The new one has been a pleasure and the latest innovations have meant delicates and hard to iron items are now even easier to make perfect. Once you have had one of these irons with its easy to fold and store board you can never go back.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hello Bruce, thanks for the comments and your loyalty to the brand and our business, we appreciate the support. regards Dino

Too early to tell

I bought this as I do a lot of ironing of bed linen for my Airbnb's so it has been awesome using the Laurastar for that purpose. It has cut down my ironing time by half and so far I am pleased with the results. It is a little cumbersome to maneuver but only time will tell the rest.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
thanks Kiki,

Great ironing machine but be careful it can be dangerous.

Just bought a new machine and the first thing I did was crush my fingers badly when trying to work out how it folded. We also thought it was a steam only machine like the Philips we replaced and left the iron flat down on the cover while reading the instructions, exit one cover. It is also incredibly heavy so if you don't have a permanent position for it erected you're not going to be able to lift it out of a storage cupboard on your own. I still don't know how to collapse it without wrestling with it for a few minutes. Not sure what causes it but it miraculously and without warning collapses (mind you fingers !!). Also the power cable has no home and uselessly drags along behind (beware of trip hazard) Having said all that it would have to be the best home ironing system ever and produces spectacular results easily and quickly.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi LPP thanks for the comments, we would be happy to explain/train you on how to fold it, you can visit one of our showrooms or we can send a video. We are here to help regards Dino

A great product UNTIL you require a spare part, and you do not live next door to the so-called facto

No our first Laurastar but given current events it could very well be our last. True, the unit was purchased in 2005 and apart from returning it to the Melbourne address twice in the first twelve months since purchase it has always worked very well, provided you look after it.
The unit is used very lightly and after 13 years it is not unreasonable to expect a part to wear but what we did not expect was the 'Flat iron unit' to develop a serious safety water leak which if unattended could very well lead to electric shock danger and a consumer concern.
Getting the unit from a remote location (say Tasmania) is not an cost efficient option and there do not seem to be any service agents listed except for Ironing Systems Australia who trade as Laurastar Australia.
Not a problem (I thought); as a licensed Electrical Engineer, with more professional experience than is worth listing here, and an equipped workshop - A quick email to Laurastar requesting cost and availability of a replacement unit / spare part should not be a problem - Oh but it is; a rather curt and very unhelpful reply from the person who signs themselves as the Customer Service Manager informed me that a I require a spare part, and as I am not a Laurastar service agent (seems like they do not have any anywhere) they Ironing Systems Australia would not supply / sell me the required part.
Unfortunately based on current example of service standards: A report to the Australian and Victoria Consumer Affairs department citing potential electrocution dangers seems like the next step along with a concern re restrictive trade and Monopoly concerns - That is best left to the legal fraternity.
Laurastar is a great product - Unfortunately concerns seem to arise when seeking service inaction and efficient customer relations should it develop a fault in Australia and you are not next door to a service centre.

Date PurchasedDec 2005
Good day LowlyElec i am well familiar with your request for a spare part, we will gladly supply the part. Shame you gave the product only 1 star for an iron that lasted 13 years. Not many appliances last that long. Anyway we are here to help and support the product 100% and all our customers new or old. cheers and have a nice weekend DinoHi Lolwy ELec how was the follow up support ? Would like to hear back thanks Dino

Great Product!

We had our S4 for about 4 years before we handed it down to my brother and purchased a Laurastar Lift. When they tell you that the product cuts your ironing time in half, it really does! Not only that, but I can quickly steam a suit jacket before I head out without having to actually stuff it up :)

Date PurchasedMay 2012
thanks Keltec regards Dino MD

Amazing ironing system! Couldn't work with anything less...

The ironing system works extremely well on all fabrics, even the most delicate, thanks to the protective soul plate which is super easy to put on and pull off. I love the 2-speed blower and vacuum system. Very satisfied with the streaming capabilities. The only thing I think needs improvement is the capacity of the water tank. It seems to run out quite frequently.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hello Ebs, thanks for the review. We look forward to being of service in the future regards Dino MD

The wife has fallen in love...again

Versatile,proficient,does the job in one stroke without having to double back as you often have to with more standard irons.
The reverse airflow provides additional applications and looking forward to cutting down on some of the dry cleaning bills.
It’s expensive but if you’re going to take time to do a chore you may as well have a really good appliance to work with

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Austin Powers, we appreciate your review. regards Dino MD

Best Ironing I have ever done

I love my Laurastar, it is the best ironing machine I have ever used and is great across a number of fabrics.
I see some other people have mentioned that the board is heavy, this is to be expected as it is a steam station so it has to make large quantities of steam and hold a lot of water. I leave mine up all the time so that I can iron at any time. It heats up very quickly and the tank lasts a long time before refills. Excellent for pure cotton sheets, pillow cases etc and also delicates such as silk.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Wen, thanks for your review and we look forward to being of service as required Have a great weekend. cheers Dino MD

Superbly better than conventional irons

This is our second unit my wife loves it. Negative would be the unit is very heavy and not as easy to manage as demonstrated. Having said that it's ironing capabilities are great. Good steam flow and takes all the work out of ironing. It's cut our ironing time in half.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Graham thanks for your review. We can show you an easy way to fold the iron, it takes a little getting used to. Please make contact with us for further assistance regards Dino MD

My 2nd best friend

Good iron but not always get perfect result
Unit very heavy
Good for tshirts with logo
Good size ironing board , accessories over priced
Not sure if I have to have unit serviced
Sometimes heavy fabric eg jeans do not always get out wrinkles l may be doing something wrong.
Overall ok

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Lyn we appreciate the review. We can help you with managing the unit, please make contact with us. No the iron does not need servicing unless a fault develops, you just need to clean the boiler once a month. We do offer free ongoing training to all customers at all of our showrooms.We are here to help regards Dino MD

Seeing myself ironing every thing I can find !

I found Fantastic results with the Viscose trousers, Cotton work craps, Hemp shirts and Brushed cotton pyjamas I ironed. It is certainly gentle on the garments that I have ironed so far and I found incredible results with the steam and the sucking feature made the seams so crisp !

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Taan, very pleased you shared your thoughts. We are here to help if you need anything Regards Dino MD

It’s more than just an iron!

Great on all fabrics and makes ironing a real pleasure. Steaming capabilities are impressive, easy to maintain and clean. All round awesome unit!

Easy to operate and and only need two fingers to iron! I think I’ll find it hard to go back to a conventional iron after using the Laurastar.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Papa Bear of 3, thanks for taking the time to put on a review Regards Dino MD

So good!

I love that you can iron anything without having to change settings all the time. The finish is always crisp. I don't think I could go back to a normal to a normal iron. In fact this is my second Laura Star iron. They are a pleasure to use. Love it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Kay C thanks we love hearing from our loyal customers regards Dino MD

This is perfect

I love it to bits, wouldn't have anything else. Best thing ever invented. For anyone that has to iron a lot of men's shirts, go and buy one of these machines, they are a must have ! It is great for delicate items, just use the protective metal cover. Makes Ironing a dream.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Hi Mim, thanks for your review We appreciate the time taken. regards Dino MD

Great combination

Great combination of iron and steam, ease of operation and simplicity amazing. The time saving along with the range of garments that can be accommodated makes weekly ironing and preparation for work a breeze. What did we ever do without it. The set-up, storage and versatility of the Laurastar makes the difference.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
thanks Mike, nice to hear from you regards Dino MD

I just love ironing

I went into the Laurastar Blackburn showroom early last month with the intention of buying the Lift plus, however I just fell in love with the S6 and Pulse models. Unfortunately, they were a bit pricey for me but I looked at the S4 and thought that the price/value was fantastic. I got a great deal and the sales lady Ada even threw in a few extras. Of course she made ironing look like fun rather than a chore. No doubt she has one of her own and has been using it for years. She showed me how I could basically dry clean a suit and iron shirts in half the time of a normal iron. My husband takes his suit jackets to the dry cleaners every week but he won't need to now because it is just so easy to run the the iron up and down the back of the suit to take out those creases.
The steam just continues on and on, it just doesn't let up. I know there are some negative reviews on here but seriously how many happy customers can be bothered writing a review to say how good a product is?
I read through the reviews before buying and actually discussed this with Ada. She said that there are unfortunately some faulty irons but considering they sell hundreds of irons a month that around 5-10 systems might be faulty. Nevertheless, she re-assured me that if I had any problems within 2 years that they would fix or replace the iron. From what I've read here and the responses from the company they are more than willing to find the right outcome and in most cases it seems either a repair or straight out replacement.
What more could anyone want in after sales service?
I'm at a loss as to why some people here bag this product. All going well after a month.
I love this iron.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Roberta thanks for the positive comments sorry the late reply

2nd one wouldn’t get another

This is our second Laurastar steam station. We replaced the first one because it would have been too expensive to fix. I didn’t want a second one but husband really wanted another. It went well for a while but then the fan in the board stopped working properly, and now it keeps blowing out our power in the house. We have 3 phase power so it shouldn’t happy unless there is a fault which sets off the safety switch. The other downside is that it is too heavy to move around so I have to have it set up all the time. Not a problem if you have a spare room like we do but certainly a consideration.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hello Spur, we are here to help, contact our local support office in Perth on 08 9209 2699 for support. Whatever has caused the fault can be repaired. If it was purchased in Nov 2016 as listed here it is still under warranty. Alternatively you can speak with Anne in customer service in Melbourne head office on 03 9894 1400 or by email support@laurastar.com.au regards Dino MD

I love my Laura Star ..but

My Laura Star just stops making steam after about an hour of ironing I clean it our religiously
It was serviced at 6 months for the same reason but they didn't find an issue....It is very frustrating. As I really do love the iron but feeling disappointed at the moment.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Carol we would be very pleased to help you, can you call Anne on 03 9894 1400 for assistance thanks Dino MD

Regrettable

Purchased in August 2015, went well for the first year although it ruin some of my delicate clothes, after that it all went down hill. Emailed Head Office, they did call and said someone would come pick it up for servicing, nearly a year later I'm still waiting. I don't want it at all now and regret spending my hard earned savings that I haven't been able to use for nearly a year now. Ideally I would like it collected with some reimbursement but don't like my chances.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hello Kath, i'm sorry to hear of this experience but i have to say this has never happened before. When our customers make contact we keep a log on our CRM system and always follow through. We will sort this today, please call Anne in customer service on 03 9894 1400 and she will arrange everything. Pick, review, repair and return. regards Dino MDHi Dino Thank you for your prompt reply. Anne was the person I oringinally dealt with on that number, I should of followed it up again with her but I was always so busy with my job that I kept putting it off. I really am not happy with this system, I did mention to Anne originally that it had ruined a lot of my clothes with steam marks even with the plate, so I'm now just at the point where I don't want it. Ideally I would like some form of reimbursement or even a replacement of a basic model without the board. I don't mean to sound difficult and I'm sure there are a lot of happy Laura Star customers I'm just not one of them. Kind regards KathyHello Kath i would rather we talk directly to understand the problem, our irons are not known for ruining garments. Please contact us or provide us a contact number support@laurastar.com.au. Discussing the issue through this forum is not solving the problem, lets talk directly and understand the issue. thanks Dino