Leitner Libelle

Leitner Libelle

See the Best Electric Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Leitner

Pros

• High-quality and durable bike

• Puncture-resistant tires to handle rough terrains

• Outstanding customer service

• Battery Life
  • Braking
  • Suspension

John ForsterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Takes the pain away.

Always enjoyed a ride but this one just does the job perfectly.
Purchased the fold-up so I can take it away in our van, and it easily fits into the back of my car.
I like the fact that I can still peddle and get a pain in my thighs, but put that electrics on, and it is great.
Had a slight problem with the 'Twist and go' function, but with Harsha's help, easily sorted out.
I am 78, so no spring chicken, but this bike is great fun to ride.

Purchased in May 2021 at Leitner Online store for $1,500.00.

MasaNSydney, NSW

OK for the price but the motor is too weak (for me)

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,605.00.

Sheena B.
Sheena B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best service ever.

I bought my new bike and needed help assembling. Harsha spent a lot of time with me in this process. Then he put me in touch with Geoff Mills (Adelaide). This was life changing for me and my bike. Geoff came to my house twice to help and even took me on a ride to build my confidence. He answered endless questions. I love my new bike and feel even better knowing the incredible support i have with this company. Thanks again. and keep up the good work. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2021.

CharlieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy cyclists

My wife & I purchased a Libelle model each . We are very happy with the quality & design.I found the 48/14 gear ratio in 6th gear a little low with 20” wheels. My wife is quite short & found the handle bars a bit of a reach but is getting used to that . I have changed the rear gear set to a 11/28 & find this works well for me

Purchased in February 2021.

Paul
PaulMid North Coast, NSW

One small fix to an already very good bike

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,500.00.

Love, love, love

Best thing I have bought. Love, love, love my Libelle e bike. My husband bought the Berlin and he also loves it. We zoom around everywhere. Great keeping up with the grandkids.
Sandra xx

Purchased in January 2021.

Good Bike

Found Leitner great to deal with. Answered all my queries quickly. The libelle folding bike is well made, very easy to assemble and use. Looking forward to years of use.

Purchased in December 2020 at Leitner for $1,245.00.

Malcolm
MalcolmRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent result with "after sales " problem

Firstly I am very happy with my Leitner folding bike, and particularly happy that my problem with the electric charger was resolved rapidly under warranty. From Express Post shipment to home in Nthn NSW was only 2 days.

Purchased in July 2020.

Garry
GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for exercise & mobility as limited by a back problem.

After 3 years of good service a fault developed which local repairer did not accurately diagnose. This resulted in purchase & fitting of unnecessary (expensive) replacement parts.

Involvement of Leitner resulted in being referred to a different repairer who quickly correctly diagnosed problem. Leitner have now dispatched correct parts AT NO COST.

Very satisfied with Leitner after sales service.

Purchased in September 2017 for $1,100.00.

Find out how Leitner Libelle compares to other Electric Bikes

Wonderful find, love my Libelle.

Purchased Libelle after much research, kept coming back to this bike for recreational cycling. Ordered on a Friday, very easy, delivered Tuesday. I am a middle aged women, put the bike together, rode it , after a few laps of the local school to get my head around the gear/gear changes and the introduction of the power, its a whole new world, wonderful, feel very confident and free. I did have a small tech question, Leitner came straight back, all good. Great product, fast professional service, I would highly recommend. I know I will get many hours, indeed years of enjoyment. Pam Davey Victoria.

Purchased in September 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,030.00.

Very happy with our purchase

Purchased 2 Libelle,s 2 months ago ,very happy with our purchase.Easy to put together and bikes fit great in SUV when collapsed.Went for the 16 amp battery,but have come nowhere near running out of charge .We mostly just use the throttle and its great although pedal assist works well.The bikes are very well made and
Our order was delivered on time.Would recommend Leitner.

Purchased in May 2020.

Not happy at all
Not happy at allSydney, NSW

Great bike no support

Although yes a lovely bike , if you’re outside of Melbourne ( Sydney ) there is zero help from Leitner . I have had 2 Leitner’s over 3 years ( daily commute ) when there’s a problem - it’s almost catastrophic as no Sydney store will help and Leitner almost shrug and roll their eyes .

Purchased in January 2018 at Leitner Online store for $1,200.00.

Leitner E.Leitner

Perfect bike for grandparents keeping up with grandchildren

I recently purchased a ladies Libelle fold up bike and have been enjoying riding most days with family, it has all the features that I was looking for eg. speedo, front and rear lights, reflectors, pedal assist and throttle.One of the best features is that it folds away and we can take it with us where ever we go. I must say we had trouble with our battery charger and rang Leitner to report it, we had a replacement within 24 hours and couldn't have asked for better service, thank you to Alex. I would highly recommend leitner for their bikes and service to anyone who is thinking of buying one as I have had so much enjoyment with my bike.

Purchased in May 2020 for $1,300.00.

Amanda
AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cruzing along beautifully

Easy to assemble. Customer support excellent. She goes fast and I'm loving life cruzing around the neighbour and more. Would highly recommend. I got a foldaway for easy transport when going on holiday to take her with me!

Purchased in June 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,500.00.

Tim
TimAU

A high quality, affordable bike

I picked up the bike on Monday afternoon and assembled it. Everything was there and I did not need any other tools than were provided in the ample toolkit. Everything fitted and the manual was most comprehensive. I was very impressed with the sturdiness, quality and thought that had gone into the bike. It came with mudguards, chain guard and connected front and rear lights. I took it for a ride today and found that I can get all the exercise I want on the flat and just power up the hills!

Purchased in June 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,245.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Darrie L.
Darrie L.asked

I am a 168 cm/5 foot 6 inch healthy woman in her 70's and am interested in Leitner Libelle. Am I too tall for this bike?

MasaN

I am 170 cm, my Mrs 157. Both can use Libelle comfortably (with the height of handle bar and seat adjusted).

John Forster

I am 180 X (sadly) 100kgs. My Libelle carries me just fine. Friday I rode it for over an hour and half, using the battery nearly all the way, and had no problems at all. Charged up very quickly when I got home.
Folding can be a little tricky until you have done it a few times, and the bike is not that light, but ........
A great bike. Very stable to ride, and excellent battery performance.

over50sasked

I have a Leitner Berlin that I have owned for 2 years. I have covered about 500km on it just riding into town. To date it has given me no problems, however today I went out for a ride, battery fully charged and running at level 2. Suddenly I lost power and was just pedalling with no assistance. I tried changing to 3 and back to one with no change. Then further along the trail the power cut back in again, but only intermittently ?
I stopped and turned it off, then removed the battery and then returned it to the holder.
Powered up again, no change.
So I pedalled home under my own steam, just in case it did any damage to the electrics.
Do you have any suggestions for me to try ? I am mechanically minded (motor bikes & cars).
I live in the country (Yarra Valley) in Melbourne which is currently in lockdown again.
The bike is my daily exercise at present and I would like to fix it ASAP.
Many Thanks. Mike

John Forster

I had a similar problem after going over quite a big bump in the road.
On contacting Leitner, they advised me to pull the plugs that are near the read motor apart, then push them back in hard.
It is a bit tricky, as there is no alignment lugs in the plug, so you need to be careful.
Anyway, did the job. i believe it is a slight problem on the bikes.

over50s

Thanks John, I have just tried that fix this arvo. And I also checked the alignment of the sensor on the pedal crank.
Still no success.??

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the concern with your Leitner eBike!

It appears that you have since been in contact with our team here, so we look forward to working with you to resolve this.

Thanks again,
Leitner team

Kenneth I.
Kenneth I.asked

I'm concerned about the comment by one reviewer who complained that even with the bike in 1st gear and with maximum assist he could not handle a steep hill. His wife has a different brand/model that easily handled the steep hill while in 2nd gear and 3rd assist. How do you respond to this criticism?

Also, what customer support is available in Brisbane?

Hi Kenneth,
I'm the one who wrote the negative review. I'm not mechanics so don't know the details of eBike motor but there must be a big difference even they are all rated as 250W (to comply with our road rules). I think the low speed torque must be an important factor climbing up hills. If you are planning to buy one and use mainly on flat terrain you'll be OK with Leitner but if you want to ride roads with frequent ups/downs then better to visit bike shops, try as many bikes as you can and buy one you like (most likely in a higher price range).

Charlie

We have 4 Leitner bikes in our family ( 2 Libelles 1 Milan & a mountain bike) & have never experienced this problem . They all climb the steepest hills we have tried them on with ease .

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your question and for getting in touch.

As mentioned by the other commenters, you will find that many of our customers find it to be more than enough. However, it can depend on each rider's personal preferences and riding conditions.

At this stage, we currently work with a retailer based in the Brisbane CBD who re-sell our bikes. In addition to this, we have worked with a number of repair agents and technicians who could assist with servicing and repairs, should they be required.

If you would like to reach out to our support at sales@leitner.com.au, we would be more than happy to answer any other questions and provide further information.

Hope this helps!
-Leitner team

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Features:

• Three bikes in this series: Libelle; a step-through bike, SuperT; a dual suspension bike, and Tirol; a step-over bike
  • All three bikes are folding, which means they can fold to fit into tight spaces for storage or to take onto public transport
  • The bikes offer throttles to give the bikes a boost in case you don’t feel like pedalling
  • Puncture-resistant tires designed to handle going over rough terrain
  • Samsung lithium battery cells that take about 5 hours for a full charge
  • Comes with extras, such as mudguards, chainguard, front & rear lights, rear rack, stand, bell and tool-kit (to help with assembly)
  • Available in silver, red, blue, and black colours

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers noted that this bike was easy to assemble, allowing riders to hop on and get riding.
  • The foldable design of this bike made it ideal for taking the bike away on holidays or for wheeling the bike down staircases.
  • This bike can handle various terrains: from smooth, flat pathways to bush tracks with many hills.
  • The Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle was easy to ride yet still facilitated an amount of exercise that wasn’t overwhelming to reviewers.
  • Customer service helped fix any problems, were fast to answer any questions, and often sent out replacement parts to customers free of charge.