Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle

Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle

Berlin, Libelle, Super T and Tirol

See the Best Electric Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A great bike

I did a lot of research and decided the the Leitner Super T was the best choice. I received it promptly last week and it is more than I had hoped for. It assembled easily. I had a problem figuring out how to turn the lights on and found I had not read the email with supplemental instructions. A small plastic part was cracked during shipping but in working condition. I received a replacement part within 4 days of my call to Leitner. The information and communication from Leitner is excellent. The features and specifications of the Super T is superior to other bikes I looked at especially considering a great price. I let a friend ride it and he was amazed how nice it was. I will be buying a Liselle this spring for my wife. We will be taking it on a cross country trip in our motor home . We are 68 years young! I do not think i have ever written a product review before but felt compelled to do so based on my satisfaction with the product.

Purchased in August 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,099.00.

Outstanding ebike.

I am very happy with my electric bike. I have been using it for already 5 months and works as the first day even in Brisbane which is a really hilly city. I had to call them for a little issue and they fixed it really quickly and kindly. 100% recommended.

Purchased in March 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,100.00.

Great Bike

The Libelle was a birthday present , my partner was extremely happy with it. The customer service was excellent , delivery was quick and was well packed . I will be looking at purchasing the Berlin Cruiser in the near future .Cheers

Purchased in August 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,125.00.

I want to give more than 5 stars!

I went for the dual suspension folding bike, ordered it Wednesday arvo and it was here in Cairns the following Wednesday morning (a miracle for anything I've ever bought online) and I couldn't be happier.

There was a minor hiccup with a part that simply wouldn't fit correctly but a short phone call (thank you, Jennifer) then 7 seconds with a screwdriver and I was off!

I urge anyone thinking about an electric bike to fully consider all options before buying but when it comes to product, price and service I have no hesitation in suggesting Leitner is well worth a look.

Aahhh, the pure joy of being back out there on a pushie!!!

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store.

Excellent product at exceptional price point.

Great staff, rapid shipping, good follow up. Bike is nice looking and rides great. I was impressed by the level of care the bike was packed in the box. It was easy to finish assembly. Would buy again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,149.00.

The most fun I've had in years

I've done several good rides on the bike now and it's been fantastic. I used to be a "get to the end of the street and give up" cyclist but now I have the confidence to go wherever I want, knowing I'll be able to get back without too much effort. It arrived mostly set up and was easy enough to put together, but I still took it to the local bike shop for a once-over (since I don't know anything about bikes). It fits into the boot of my Kia Rio neatly. The 10A battery has been good; when it runs out it doesn't just stop cold. I got 38km the other day - I weigh about 85kg and climbed nearly 150m, and the ride time was 2.5 hours. However, I decided I wanted the 16A battery, and larger wheels for when I'm riding places from home, and so I have just bought a brand new Venice as well. It arrived in 2 days - their courier company is great.

Things I love on the Super T:
- enormous seat
- dual suspension: bumps aren't uncomfortable!
- disc brakes: never had these before and boy do they work well.
- adjustability
- I'm far more confident in traffic now that I can use a throttle to get myself going rather than having to worry about having my feet in the right place at the right time to shoot off at the lights. Pedal assist kicks in quickly so it's really just that start.
- easy controls

Don't love:
- the tyres, as their max pressure is pretty low and it didn't take too many bumps to damage. But that was an easy changeover.

Purchased in June 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,199.00.

Great customer service

Thank you Jennifer your customer service was great, delivery was so quick and everything was packed so good there was no damage when unpacked. Really impressed. Instructions on web site made it easy to assemble. Purchased x 2 for back of motor home.

Purchased in April 2019 at Leitner.

love my bike

I purchased my libelle folding e-bike from Leitner. The customer relations was excellent - thank you Jennifer and Tim .Having lung disease I get breathless upon exertion and I thought my bike riding days were over. not so with this ebike. It is sturdy,reliable and easy to ride due to pedal assist - it is also really good to look at !!!! I love my bike and the fun it gives me - thank you Leitner.

Purchased in February 2019.

Researched for 2 years b4 we brought

Very happy with purchase.
Pickup from Depot - easy, great assistance. both cartons fit into my hatchback.
My son easily put both together.
After decades for me(10 yrs for my son)
We are riding 3/7 days a week-15km round trip today, using low assistance as needed. Feel improving in health and fitness while having fun.
My son enjoys.
Happily surprised how much look forward to riding and accomplishing so much more exploring where we can ride.
We ride on bike paths, dirt tracks and enjoy the dual suspension.

Purchased in February 2019 at Leitner.

Nice product

Really nice bike ,price is reasonable and quality is good ,Leitner team members is doing great job to assist ! Worth to buy ! Product come with good condition and delivery on time , in the future I believe that leitner bike will be comes out more products ! !

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fits our needs

Received bike 1week ago and it was together and on the road in under 1hr
My wife has a bad hip and I have 1 knee, bone on bone so the bike is excellent for getting us both exercising and when we get the next one we will be ready for trips in the car and exploring on the bikes
Thanks Learner for a great quality package
Regards Graham

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very pleased with the bike, delivery was prompt.

All good so far, not had a chance to ride much but intending to get going over the holidays.
When the bike arrived it was missing the small caps that go on the tyres(pressure) when pumped up.
Otherwise, fairly easy assemble and looks to be of good quality. Thanks Leitner.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love my Leitner electric bike.

Have owned my Leitner folding electric bike for over a year now. I gave away my regular push bike as I never use it now that I have the Leitner. Easy to use, reliable and makes the hills much easier to ride up. I feel safer riding this bike compared to a regular push bike.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A great electric bike at a great price level

I waited to write this review until i had spent quite a bit of time using the bike. I can say after 750km in the first three months it has been a great experience overall. I initially had an issue with the brakes assembly but Leitner helped me out in getting the part replaced by a local shop quite easily. Since then i have ridden it to work mainly around 8km each way. The bike has been great, i arrive work without being sweaty which is the main reason i wanted to go electric. It allows me to get some supplemental exercise, not be on public transport and arrive to work quicker! I usually recharge after about 50KM of riding in high mode, i pedal all the time and quite fast as i like to max out the speed on this thing. It's been great, very comfortable, brakes well, power is good on the motor and it tackles most hills with ease. Only suggestion i would have for the next model is that the gearing is too short, when using high power mode you either have to pedal SUPER fast or you peddling doesn't really add much push as it's reached the end of it's use by about 30km/h. Taller gearing would alleviate any issues i have with this bike. Would reccomend this to anyone as it's $500 cheaper than equivalent E-bikes on the market.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

You little Ripper

Great bike, took it for my first ride today, easy to fold up for carrying in my car, also I have a medical condition and found it easy to ride with pedal assist or using the throttle, I am looking forward to many more rides as being a photographer I now can go to places that was not accessible before.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I ordered the bike last Wednesday night and received it on Monday morning, I assembled it and off I.

I am a very keen bike rider and recently, due to a medical condition, I have had difficulty riding my push bike. This "Leitner Tirol" model hybrid bike is everything that I need to enable me to keep riding a bike, enjoy life and keep fit. Thank you to the Leitner people for your great PRODUCT & for your great SERVICE!

Fun bike

I’ve had my bike for 5 days. Today a tube blew. That was disappointing. It was not a puncture. My husband found splits in the tube. He repaired both of them but then it went flat again without even riding it.
I will have to get used to riding it as even on low it takes off too fast for me on the pedal assist if I need to corner quickly or am in a very small area. However, I did a great ride to my daughter’s place - all uphill - the other day and it was a breeze. Rode home in the dark which was even more a breeze! I have enjoyed small rides around the area immensely.
It is not a fault of the bike because all the mechanisms work well, but just be informed that some may not find it easy to fold or lift - me being one. I am a 60 y.o female.

Solid & Smooth

Thank you for a great folding bike it arrived the day after I ordered it and was here for my wife’s birthday. Assembled easily under 1 hour and works as advertised. She loves the bike and I will join her when my Tirol, which is in order arrives in October.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Now I can ride a bike to work

I have been taking the bus and/or train to work for a long time. This adds up door to door to between 45 minutes and 1.25 hours+ depending on how reliable the public transport is at the time. Looking at the actual distance (7 km) I realised I could probably get to work quicker on a bike. The main thing that held me back was being afraid of the hills, and worrying about whether I'd actually stick to it given how much effort that would likely be.

I bought myself a Tirol so I could chuck it in the boot of my small car, and have been commuting back and forth to work on it for a few weeks now. Love it. If I'm feeling like giving my legs a bit of a workout, I turn the assistance down to low or medium, and if I'm feeling lazy I put it on high. When it's on high, you can put it in a low gear then just move your feet in a pedalling motion and it'll power you right up hills, and blast you up to the full 25km/h without any effort.

This has been a great purchase, and the other bike riders who I've shown the components to say that they're not top of the line, but they're not cheap either.

Oh, I'm also 135kg, so was worried about the stated 120kg weight limit. I got some metal pedals so I've got a bit more strength to push on, and so far so good, and I also put a heavy lock in a pannier bag on the back. I'll update this review if I have any equipment failures further on, but so far so great. I get to work in 25 minutes, and I even get some exercise on the way if I want. So glad I bought this.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Flattens hills!!!

I purchased two Leitner bikes - a Berlin (26 inch wheel) and a Tirol (folding 20 inch wheel).

I believe that the motor is unchanged for both models - it hasn't been recalibrated for different sized wheels. As a result, it provides a lot more torque (ie. assistance) on the Tirol with the smaller wheels. The Tirol is also geared shorter - it is rare that I need a lower gear, but often I need a taller gear.

As a result, the Tirol provides a lot of assistance if one were unfit, say, or had a very hilly commute.

But there's no such thing as a free lunch, and I believe the extra torque will mean shorter range than the 26 inch wheeled bikes, so consider buying the bigger battery.

Also, the Tirol will fit a narrower range of body sizes (fine for me, a smaller than average male).

Leitner's service was great, sending me a replacement part no questions asked when one failed, probably due to it not being fitted tightly enough.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Do the Libelle & SuperT share the same features apart from the step thru / leg over frame?
The Libelle does not have a rear shock.Thanks for your message. The Libelle is a step thru model with front fork suspension. The Super T is a straight bar model with dual suspension. If you have more questions about our bike, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . We can find the bike that suits you best. Thank you!

How to unlock throttle
The throttle is operational when the Red button on the right side of the handle bar is pushed in. The throttle will work only when one bar or more of the pedal assist is selected on the control panel. If I have misunderstood your question please forgive me.Hi Graeme, if you wish to unlock your throttle to activate the max speed, please follow the instructions in manual. Otherwise, please send us an email for instructions. Thank you!

I have a Leitner electric stepthrough folding bike which I purchased new about 5 years ago, the plate(plastic) where the battery sits and the electrodes pass through has shattered- can I replace this and how much would a new plate cost. Also what is the cost of a new front light 9 under the battery where the electrodes pass through has shattered can I purchase
Hi, thanks for your message. We are sorry to hear that the battery cradle/plate has broken, please contact us via email at sales@leitner.com.au with pictures of the part and pictures showing your battery as there has been upgrades with the batteries over the years. We wanted to confirm the correct part before quoting you. A new front light is $15 plus postage. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon. .