Leitner Libelle

Leitner Libelle

Pros

• High-quality and durable bike

• Puncture-resistant tires to handle rough terrains

• Outstanding customer service

• Battery Life
  • Braking
  • Suspension
Sheena B.

Sheena B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best service ever.

I bought my new bike and needed help assembling. Harsha spent a lot of time with me in this process. Then he put me in touch with Geoff Mills (Adelaide). This was life changing for me and my bike. Geoff came to my house twice to help and even took me on a ride to build my confidence. He answered endless questions. I love my new bike and feel even better knowing the incredible support i have with this company. Thanks again. and keep up the good work. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2021.

CharlieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy cyclists

My wife & I purchased a Libelle model each . We are very happy with the quality & design.I found the 48/14 gear ratio in 6th gear a little low with 20” wheels. My wife is quite short & found the handle bars a bit of a reach but is getting used to that . I have changed the rear gear set to a 11/28 & find this works well for me

Purchased in February 2021.

Paul

PaulMid North Coast, NSW

One small fix to an already very good bike

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,500.00.

Love, love, love

Best thing I have bought. Love, love, love my Libelle e bike. My husband bought the Berlin and he also loves it. We zoom around everywhere. Great keeping up with the grandkids.
Sandra xx

Purchased in January 2021.

Good Bike

Found Leitner great to deal with. Answered all my queries quickly. The libelle folding bike is well made, very easy to assemble and use. Looking forward to years of use.

Purchased in December 2020 at Leitner for $1,245.00.

Malcolm

MalcolmRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent result with "after sales " problem

Firstly I am very happy with my Leitner folding bike, and particularly happy that my problem with the electric charger was resolved rapidly under warranty. From Express Post shipment to home in Nthn NSW was only 2 days.

Purchased in July 2020.

Garry

GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for exercise & mobility as limited by a back problem.

After 3 years of good service a fault developed which local repairer did not accurately diagnose. This resulted in purchase & fitting of unnecessary (expensive) replacement parts.

Involvement of Leitner resulted in being referred to a different repairer who quickly correctly diagnosed problem. Leitner have now dispatched correct parts AT NO COST.

Very satisfied with Leitner after sales service.

Purchased in September 2017 for $1,100.00.

Wonderful find, love my Libelle.

Purchased Libelle after much research, kept coming back to this bike for recreational cycling. Ordered on a Friday, very easy, delivered Tuesday. I am a middle aged women, put the bike together, rode it , after a few laps of the local school to get my head around the gear/gear changes and the introduction of the power, its a whole new world, wonderful, feel very confident and free. I did have a small tech question, Leitner came straight back, all good. Great product, fast professional service, I would highly recommend. I know I will get many hours, indeed years of enjoyment. Pam Davey Victoria.

Purchased in September 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,030.00.

Very happy with our purchase

Purchased 2 Libelle,s 2 months ago ,very happy with our purchase.Easy to put together and bikes fit great in SUV when collapsed.Went for the 16 amp battery,but have come nowhere near running out of charge .We mostly just use the throttle and its great although pedal assist works well.The bikes are very well made and
Our order was delivered on time.Would recommend Leitner.

Purchased in May 2020.

Not happy at allSydney, NSW

Great bike no support

Although yes a lovely bike , if you’re outside of Melbourne ( Sydney ) there is zero help from Leitner . I have had 2 Leitner’s over 3 years ( daily commute ) when there’s a problem - it’s almost catastrophic as no Sydney store will help and Leitner almost shrug and roll their eyes .

Purchased in January 2018 at Leitner Online store for $1,200.00.

Leitner E.Leitner

Perfect bike for grandparents keeping up with grandchildren

I recently purchased a ladies Libelle fold up bike and have been enjoying riding most days with family, it has all the features that I was looking for eg. speedo, front and rear lights, reflectors, pedal assist and throttle.One of the best features is that it folds away and we can take it with us where ever we go. I must say we had trouble with our battery charger and rang Leitner to report it, we had a replacement within 24 hours and couldn't have asked for better service, thank you to Alex. I would highly recommend leitner for their bikes and service to anyone who is thinking of buying one as I have had so much enjoyment with my bike.

Purchased in May 2020 for $1,300.00.

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cruzing along beautifully

Easy to assemble. Customer support excellent. She goes fast and I'm loving life cruzing around the neighbour and more. Would highly recommend. I got a foldaway for easy transport when going on holiday to take her with me!

Purchased in June 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,500.00.

Tim

TimAU

A high quality, affordable bike

I picked up the bike on Monday afternoon and assembled it. Everything was there and I did not need any other tools than were provided in the ample toolkit. Everything fitted and the manual was most comprehensive. I was very impressed with the sturdiness, quality and thought that had gone into the bike. It came with mudguards, chain guard and connected front and rear lights. I took it for a ride today and found that I can get all the exercise I want on the flat and just power up the hills!

Purchased in June 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,245.00.

senior citizen

senior citizenSydney, NSW

I don't know why I waited so long

We purchased 2 libelle folding e bikes from Leitner 3 months ago and we have been enjoying riding them each day, during the lock down. I love the freedom they give my husband and I. They are easy to ride while still giving us gentle exercise. They take us up small inclines with ease.

Purchased in March 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,261.10.

Play s.

Play s.Illawarra, NSW

nice mechanics and aesthetics, not convinced by power/battery

Purchased in September 1999 at online for $1,198.00.

Bill

BillIllawarra, NSW

I bought a Leitner Libelle folding bike one month ago and am very happy with it.

I particularly like the fact that I can get the bike moving to walking pace with the hand throttle, as I am a bit wobbly at the start. Not unusual at my age of 83 years.
The instructions provided on line are very extensive and easy to follow. Assembly was no problem at all. The fact that I can choose several levels of assistance means I can still get as much exercise as I want. My previous male bike was becoming a worry for me as I felt unsafe due to the main bar. Now with the step through my confidence has returned.

Purchased in February 2020 at Leitner Online store.

Gerry

GerryPerth, WA

Leitner Libelle Folding Bike

I bought a Leitner Libelle Folding Bike with a 16 AH battery around 3 months ago and it arrived well packed and intact. It was easy to put together with not much assembly needed and has performed flawlessly since then. I got the bigger 16AH battery as we live in the hills in the Perth WA Darling Ranges and figured that the extra range would come in handy which has proved to be the case. I was amazed with the speed of delivery and with the quality of the build so would have no hesitation in recommending Leitner to anyone. I'm over 70 with pretty dodgy knees so it enables me to continue to enjoy riding without too much effort.

Purchased in October 2019 at On line.

You get what you pay for.

For the price, you can't expect to buy the Rolls Royce of bikes.
I'm not brave enough to attempt my full 60Km (return)commute to work every day as I don't think the battery will last.
I need some parts and nowhere on the site can I order individual bike parts.

Purchased in October 2018.

None

NoneNorth Queensland, QLD

Lots of fun

Thought about buying electric bikes for a while, researched and looked at a few but when we saw the Leitner bikes we could see that they filled our needs. Other bikes are up to twice the price with no better quality. Delivery was fast, assembly was easy and the bikes are living up to our expectations, or better.

Purchased in November 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,395.00.

Graeme

GraemeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic Libelle bike

Purchased in October 2017 for $1,080.00.

Robbie A

Robbie Aasked

My Leitner console is showing error 22. What does this mean?

Charlie

Hi Robbie, if you read page 24 in the user manual you will understand what error 22 means It unlocks the throttle . Enjoy ,Charlie .

Trish

Trishasked

I am about to purchase an ebike. Im female 61 and havent ridden for years so I want one that gives me a comfortable ride rather than speed though both would be nice. Uitimately I want to be able to ride at least 20 ks and take it on back roads in the bush near my house. How long does it take to charge and can you do this pretty easily - like ride to a location, charge it and return?
You guys have good reviews and I wonder which model you think would be best for me. I like the options with a fold - up but not if it compromises the build or design. Thanks for your opinion.

Mike Blaiser

Mike Blaiserasked

Can you buy a carry bag for the Leitner

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Features:

• Three bikes in this series: Libelle; a step-through bike, SuperT; a dual suspension bike, and Tirol; a step-over bike
  • All three bikes are folding, which means they can fold to fit into tight spaces for storage or to take onto public transport
  • The bikes offer throttles to give the bikes a boost in case you don’t feel like pedalling
  • Puncture-resistant tires designed to handle going over rough terrain
  • Samsung lithium battery cells that take about 5 hours for a full charge
  • Comes with extras, such as mudguards, chainguard, front & rear lights, rear rack, stand, bell and tool-kit (to help with assembly)
  • Available in silver, red, blue, and black colours

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers noted that this bike was easy to assemble, allowing riders to hop on and get riding.
  • The foldable design of this bike made it ideal for taking the bike away on holidays or for wheeling the bike down staircases.
  • This bike can handle various terrains: from smooth, flat pathways to bush tracks with many hills.
  • The Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle was easy to ride yet still facilitated an amount of exercise that wasn’t overwhelming to reviewers.
  • Customer service helped fix any problems, were fast to answer any questions, and often sent out replacement parts to customers free of charge.