Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle

Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle

Berlin, Libelle, Super T and Tirol

Great customer service

Thank you Jennifer your customer service was great, delivery was so quick and everything was packed so good there was no damage when unpacked. Really impressed. Instructions on web site made it easy to assemble. Purchased x 2 for back of motor home.

Purchased in April 2019 at Leitner.

love my bike

I purchased my libelle folding e-bike from Leitner. The customer relations was excellent - thank you Jennifer and Tim .Having lung disease I get breathless upon exertion and I thought my bike riding days were over. not so with this ebike. It is sturdy,reliable and easy to ride due to pedal assist - it is also really good to look at !!!! I love my bike and the fun it gives me - thank you Leitner.

Purchased in February 2019.

Researched for 2 years b4 we brought

Very happy with purchase.
Pickup from Depot - easy, great assistance. both cartons fit into my hatchback.
My son easily put both together.
After decades for me(10 yrs for my son)
We are riding 3/7 days a week-15km round trip today, using low assistance as needed. Feel improving in health and fitness while having fun.
My son enjoys.
Happily surprised how much look forward to riding and accomplishing so much more exploring where we can ride.
We ride on bike paths, dirt tracks and enjoy the dual suspension.

Purchased in February 2019 at Leitner.

Great Bike VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I purchased 2 Tirol folding bikes approx 18 months ago, very happy until one battery died, Battery kept charged and did not have a lot of use,Leitner said the warranty was finished and I should buy a new Battery and Charger Approx $470.00. The battery should last a lot longer than that. They would not offer an discount on the battery, I can buy the same battery on-line for $244.00 with charger.
Vert poor customer service

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,300.00.

Nice product

Really nice bike ,price is reasonable and quality is good ,Leitner team members is doing great job to assist ! Worth to buy ! Product come with good condition and delivery on time , in the future I believe that leitner bike will be comes out more products ! !

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Fits our needs

Received bike 1week ago and it was together and on the road in under 1hr
My wife has a bad hip and I have 1 knee, bone on bone so the bike is excellent for getting us both exercising and when we get the next one we will be ready for trips in the car and exploring on the bikes
Thanks Learner for a great quality package
Regards Graham

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very pleased with the bike, delivery was prompt.

All good so far, not had a chance to ride much but intending to get going over the holidays.
When the bike arrived it was missing the small caps that go on the tyres(pressure) when pumped up.
Otherwise, fairly easy assemble and looks to be of good quality. Thanks Leitner.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love my Leitner electric bike.

Have owned my Leitner folding electric bike for over a year now. I gave away my regular push bike as I never use it now that I have the Leitner. Easy to use, reliable and makes the hills much easier to ride up. I feel safer riding this bike compared to a regular push bike.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A great electric bike at a great price level

I waited to write this review until i had spent quite a bit of time using the bike. I can say after 750km in the first three months it has been a great experience overall. I initially had an issue with the brakes assembly but Leitner helped me out in getting the part replaced by a local shop quite easily. Since then i have ridden it to work mainly around 8km each way. The bike has been great, i arrive work without being sweaty which is the main reason i wanted to go electric. It allows me to get some supplemental exercise, not be on public transport and arrive to work quicker! I usually recharge after about 50KM of riding in high mode, i pedal all the time and quite fast as i like to max out the speed on this thing. It's been great, very comfortable, brakes well, power is good on the motor and it tackles most hills with ease. Only suggestion i would have for the next model is that the gearing is too short, when using high power mode you either have to pedal SUPER fast or you peddling doesn't really add much push as it's reached the end of it's use by about 30km/h. Taller gearing would alleviate any issues i have with this bike. Would reccomend this to anyone as it's $500 cheaper than equivalent E-bikes on the market.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

You little Ripper

Great bike, took it for my first ride today, easy to fold up for carrying in my car, also I have a medical condition and found it easy to ride with pedal assist or using the throttle, I am looking forward to many more rides as being a photographer I now can go to places that was not accessible before.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I ordered the bike last Wednesday night and received it on Monday morning, I assembled it and off I.

I am a very keen bike rider and recently, due to a medical condition, I have had difficulty riding my push bike. This "Leitner Tirol" model hybrid bike is everything that I need to enable me to keep riding a bike, enjoy life and keep fit. Thank you to the Leitner people for your great PRODUCT & for your great SERVICE!

Fun bike

I’ve had my bike for 5 days. Today a tube blew. That was disappointing. It was not a puncture. My husband found splits in the tube. He repaired both of them but then it went flat again without even riding it.
I will have to get used to riding it as even on low it takes off too fast for me on the pedal assist if I need to corner quickly or am in a very small area. However, I did a great ride to my daughter’s place - all uphill - the other day and it was a breeze. Rode home in the dark which was even more a breeze! I have enjoyed small rides around the area immensely.
It is not a fault of the bike because all the mechanisms work well, but just be informed that some may not find it easy to fold or lift - me being one. I am a 60 y.o female.

Solid & Smooth

Thank you for a great folding bike it arrived the day after I ordered it and was here for my wife’s birthday. Assembled easily under 1 hour and works as advertised. She loves the bike and I will join her when my Tirol, which is in order arrives in October.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Now I can ride a bike to work

I have been taking the bus and/or train to work for a long time. This adds up door to door to between 45 minutes and 1.25 hours+ depending on how reliable the public transport is at the time. Looking at the actual distance (7 km) I realised I could probably get to work quicker on a bike. The main thing that held me back was being afraid of the hills, and worrying about whether I'd actually stick to it given how much effort that would likely be.

I bought myself a Tirol so I could chuck it in the boot of my small car, and have been commuting back and forth to work on it for a few weeks now. Love it. If I'm feeling like giving my legs a bit of a workout, I turn the assistance down to low or medium, and if I'm feeling lazy I put it on high. When it's on high, you can put it in a low gear then just move your feet in a pedalling motion and it'll power you right up hills, and blast you up to the full 25km/h without any effort.

This has been a great purchase, and the other bike riders who I've shown the components to say that they're not top of the line, but they're not cheap either.

Oh, I'm also 135kg, so was worried about the stated 120kg weight limit. I got some metal pedals so I've got a bit more strength to push on, and so far so good, and I also put a heavy lock in a pannier bag on the back. I'll update this review if I have any equipment failures further on, but so far so great. I get to work in 25 minutes, and I even get some exercise on the way if I want. So glad I bought this.

Flattens hills!!!

I purchased two Leitner bikes - a Berlin (26 inch wheel) and a Tirol (folding 20 inch wheel).

I believe that the motor is unchanged for both models - it hasn't been recalibrated for different sized wheels. As a result, it provides a lot more torque (ie. assistance) on the Tirol with the smaller wheels. The Tirol is also geared shorter - it is rare that I need a lower gear, but often I need a taller gear.

As a result, the Tirol provides a lot of assistance if one were unfit, say, or had a very hilly commute.

But there's no such thing as a free lunch, and I believe the extra torque will mean shorter range than the 26 inch wheeled bikes, so consider buying the bigger battery.

Also, the Tirol will fit a narrower range of body sizes (fine for me, a smaller than average male).

Leitner's service was great, sending me a replacement part no questions asked when one failed, probably due to it not being fitted tightly enough.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Exhilarating Ride - cycling has never been this good!

If you've never ridden an e-bike it's hard to describe the experience. It is soooo much better than riding a normal bike. I like turning the assist up to high then still pedalling fast just to see how fast I can go - it's so much fun and actually faster to ride into town rather than drive!
I opted for the Super T because it folds up and also has dual suspension. We have pretty bumpy pothole roads and I am quite happy with the suspension. Also because it is electric assist, you don't have to have the tires rock hard like you do in a normal bike - the motor makes up for the loss of efficiency with the lower pressure tires (they are recommended to be between 40 - 65 PSI. I have them around 45-50.
I'm yet to use the fold up feature - but I think it will still be handy. If you definitely do not need the ability to fold up, I'd go for the larger wheel size. 20in wheels are slightly more "agile" aka jittery than larger wheels. Compared to my 29in MTB which is a more stable ride. That said, I'm really glad I got the Super T - it's so much fun. I added a basket to the pack rack at the back for $27 from the local bike shop and now I ask my wife every day if she needs more shopping because I'm so happy to go for a cycle.
I still work up a sweat on this bike each time I ride because I push it hard, but I've also worn non exercise clothes and gently gone for a ride and haven't even really elevated my heart rate - the choice is yours, which is what I love about e-bikes.
Putting it together was really a breeze. The instructions were not as suited to the Super T as Leitners other bikes, often the pics are wrong - but it comes almost fully assembled so it really wasn't an issue. All that needed doing was adding the front mudguard, the front wheel and the seat post. So easy!
If you are thinking about getting one - just do it! You won't regret it :) I went for the 16amp version in blue :)

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Well worth the money

Arrived today ( Leitner Super T )... Once assembled I took it for it's first run ... Everything went great. All controls function properly.
I am 63 and this bike is excellent to get back into cycling. Very smooth running, great features and a joy to ride.
Very good value for the asking price.... you won't go wrong with this little Gem.

Colin ... Deception Bay Qld.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Fantastic! Great fun and gentle exercise

I purchased the Leitner Super T 2 days ago. I am 63 and only moderately fit. Last time I rode a bike was years ago and my knees ached after a short time. Not so with the Leitner Super T. Great value compared with E bikes in stores. I highly recommend it.

August 30th 2018 Update: Fantastic after sales service

I absolutely love my Super T folding bike. I did however have a problem when one pedal came off and the thread was ruined. As i assembled this component i must have cross threaded it.
I emailed Leitner about it on a Thursday, received a reply almost immediately and received free replacement pedal and crank arm in the mail on the Tuesday!!!! I'm back in the saddle happily riding again.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Leitner Electric Bikes are awesome!

My partner and I purchased two folding bikes in January 2018. (1 x Tirol & 1 x Libelle).
The bikes arrived quickly and were easy to assemble.
They are compact, easy to ride and very affordable.
We have been enjoying many long rides and haven't looked back!
We highly recommend these bikes.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love this solution for my commute

Ride the 5 Km each way a day to work, charge at my desk, get there faster than with car, no parking costs and save on petrol and wear and tear in the car (as a bonus I lost a few kg along the way and arrive fresh, stretched and not sweaty at all!). The Leitner was chosen after a thorough look at the market and has lived up to my expectations of an affordable reliable solution that could be folded into wife's car when it rains and I need a lift.

Date PurchasedNov 2017