LG 454L Bottom Mount GB-455 Series

LG 454L Bottom Mount GB-455 Series

GB-455PL (Stainless), GB-455WL (White), GB-455UPLE (Dark Graphite), etc...

• Internal Layout

Brendan M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty Disappointed

after upgrading my old faithful fridge which I purchased in 1994 I was looking forward to a more energy efficient modern fridge with more space. I am extremely displeased with the 'Moisture Balance Crisper' which does not work very effectively as I expected. I find the vegetables last only a few days at most before going soft which unlike old faithful which would keep something like broccoli for at least a week. Im uncertain if newer fridges are not as efficient in this section but I expect better. I am now trialling the use of storing veggies in plastic ware to see if that makes them last longer but this does take up valuable real estate in the main part of the fridge.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $999.00.

Brendan M.

No worries, in the meantime I can regret upgrading my fridge! I should’ve bought the Samsung!

KerryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEST BUY EVER

LG Upside down fridge was our best purchase ever.
Plenty of Room in the fridge (including at the door) and loads of excess room in the freezer.
The crisper has plenty of room for fruit and vegetables and keeps products fresh for at least 2 weeks.
The temperature has been reliable in all compartments.
The product is easy to clean (and keep clean)
If I had to change anything it would be the ice-tray as it is not very big and the springs snap easily when tipping the ice into the tray.
Overall - very happy with this purchase.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,041.00.

Simon

SimonCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Great fridge, sleek and well thought out

I was a little hesitant purchase a fridge un-seen from Costco though so far it is working well, it looks great and there is more room than you'd expect on the inside. The fridge runs quiet and I enjoy the unique shelving units inside that 'fold up' to create more room for larger items/pots etc. The in-built ice tray in freezer and three different freezer compartments are great too. My only wish is that the egg carton tray be a little bigger to hold more eggs, though this really is a minor comment.

Apparently the door hinge can be changed quite easily to open from the other side (there are inbuilt handles on both sides of the fridge), I have not had to use this feature.

Overall the fridge looks great, sounds quiet and does its job well.

Purchased in September 2020 at Costco for $1,297.99.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 454L Bottom Mount GB-455 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Martin P

Martin PSydney Surrounds, NSW

Freezer drawer design terrible

We have owned one of these fridges for 4 years now and it is generally good, however, freezer drawer fronts either fall off when opening or they break. The design is terrible - there are only two little hooks, one on each side of the drawer at the top; the hooks are flimsy and the drawer front often unhooks and is a real hassle to rehook.

Purchased in September 2016 at Bing Lee for $1,400.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
Joseph C.

Joseph C.Sydney, NSW

EXCELLENT FRIDGE

Big inside space and very cool light. It's been very quite in my kitchen. This is actually my first LG product and I can't be more happy with it. Strong recommend to those family with 3-4 people.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bing Lee for $1,099.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
Michaela

Michaela

Excellent fridge and looks good too

I purchased this LG fridge after doing some research on energy efficiency and very happy! Love the stainless steel and layout is very functional with nice big doors that close quietly.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

Mohammad

Mohammad

Love this fridge!

The colour is great, nice door handles and lighting, freezer is a great size.
We are very happy with our fridge. It does everything you'd expect a fridge to do.
Quiet, lots of space, keeps everything cold. Especially love the door cooling. Definitely value for money.
Good value.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $842.00.

Yaz

YazWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Perfect ! Exactly what I needed

Well designed , easy to clean , lots of space . Built with durable materials that won’t break easily . It was available with option of extended warranty already included in the purchase price .

Mavis H

Mavis HCentral Queensland, QLD

Perfect Choice

My husband and I are extremely happy with our recent purchase of an LG 454 L Bottom Mount Refrigerator.
We paid a little extra to have a very stylish Stainless Steel finish, which, with its clever concealed handles, always looks immaculate. The actual layout of the fridge is very functional. I absolutely love the drawers in the freezer bottom. It is so easy to store and retrieve items. The twist iceblock maker works like a dream. No more bending to get items from the refrigerator. The vegetable drawer holds such a lot.
Thank you L G for such a splendid appliance.

Laos Zehra

Laos ZehraPilbara, WA

Good fridge

I have always been a loyal customer of LG and got this fridge for my apartment . I have also bought extended warranty which I believe worth it. It is sometimes a bit noisy but has been a great fridge so far

Travis

TravisCentral Queensland, QLD

If your worst nightmare was a fridge.

Since buying new: circuit board replaced, compressor replaced, over cooling rusting out the bottom of the fridge x2. Customer service is atrocious, truely the worst product experience of my life.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $925.00.

Household Size2 person(s)

Unbearable high pitch noise multiple times per hour

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $749.00.

Teris

TerisPerth, WA

Stylish and elegant looking

Well, it was on promotion and bought this fridge..so far there is no problem...it keeps the vegetables fresh...in my previous fridge soft vegetables like tomato lasted 5 or 6 days with this one it still keeps the tomatoes fresh for 2 weeks according to what the salesman told us.
Definitely recommend it...freezer could be a bit bigger ..

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $872.00.

Midcoast Design

Midcoast DesignMid North Coast, NSW

Let down by poor shelf positions

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,099.00.

Dina B.

Dina B.Far North Queensland, QLD

Bad design

Great refrigerator except, because of the way it is designed, too much air gets in fruit & vegetable compartment making my vegetables wilt and/or dry out unless I have them in a plastic bag. Very disappointing.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

john

johnSouth East Queensland, QLD

So my new LG fridge and freezer

It's very very quiet it seem to look good as it's in black . but the only thing that I wanted and could not find was a chest freezer door not to swing door but there is nothing out there in a single fridge door with the freezer drawer so far I am very happy with this fridge as I've only had it a couple of days.

Robert R.

Robert R.asked

454L Bottom Mount GB-455PL (Stainless)

how can you adjust the strength of the magnet door latch on the fridge door. Mine is very hard to open and when it does it shakes all of the items inside.Apart from this it is a great fridge/freezer.

Brendan M.

Not sure about the door, I don’t have any issues with that! I find the crisper is dreadful and it has an intense whirring sound so I’m not that happy with my choice! However it is interesting that you don’t mind it!

Hi Robert
I had my fridge installed upon delivery and have not had any problems.
Perhaps contact the company direct.
Kind regards

Walter Vanderpollasked

454L Bottom Mount GB-455 Series

Can the door hinges on the "LG GB-455PL Bottom Mount with Door Cooling" be easily changed to the left-hand side and does this cost any extra to do it?

Beth
Beth

According to the information on their site, the door is reversible. I gather that you can do it yourself (although you may be able to ask the store to do it for you). Not sure.

Brendan M.

When I bought mine they advised in store that it was easy to do but they also recommended a local handyman who is skilled in this. When I called LG they of course said it was technical as a result of the door cooler and that it should be done by their techs to avoid any operating issues!

Walter Vanderpoll

Beth and Brendan, Thanks for your responses to my question re the ease and cost of the LG Fridge left-side hinge door conversion especially when it involves 2 doors to be done. I still have not seen any response from LG on this matter. Maybe they do not want to respond to genuine concerns of potential customers. We will see if this message gets their attention.

Vladislav N.asked

454L Bottom Mount GB-455 Series

Hi, could you please tell me if LG 454L is a quiet fridge. I mean, really quiet as I will have to work in the same room with it. Thank you very much!

Brendan M.

While I have a spacious home I’m currently working from my kitchen bench and the fridge has quite a sound that is distinctive! I wouldn’t say it is quiet! I certainly wouldn’t recommend this fridge based on the vegetable crisper alone!

Thank you very much, Brendan! I will not buy it, then. Kind regards, Vladislav

Kerry

This fridge is extremely quiet. We have open plan living so this was a big factor for us.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 9 LG Bottom Mount Door Cooling Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,439.00$1,439.00$1,319.00$1,199.00
Dimensions 1720 x 700 x 700 mm1720 x 700 x 700 mm1720 x 700 x 700 mm1720 x 700 x 700 mm
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Foldable/Retractable ShelfDoor Alarm and Foldable/Retractable ShelfDoor Alarm and Foldable/Retractable ShelfDoor Alarm and Foldable/Retractable Shelf
Colour / FinishStainlessBlack SteelWhiteDark Graphite
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins1111
Weight84 kg84 kg84 kg84 kg
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity