MPN: GF-L613PL

See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bad customer service & product

This fridge does maintain temperature well but the freezer drawer always gets stuck and is not user friendly. I had issues with its ice dispenser and when I reported that to their customer service they put a blame on me for not reporting it earlier and said it was due to my way of using it caused the issue which is not true as it never worked since day one. It took me nearly 1.5 years to go through many calls, emails, chats and then consumer affairs to get a replacement fridge credit.

Purchased in June 2017 at Betta Home Living for $1,785.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Loving French door design

Purchased this fridge a few months ago now and love the French door design after having side by side combination for the last 20 years.

Love the idea of ice and water with large drink bottle access, however still waiting on the filter and plumbing kit to be delivered to gain access to this feature. I've had to deal directly with the retailer (not LG) to resolve the missing kit and I'm less than impressed that I've owned the fridge for two months and it still have no ice and water.

The fridge its self is fine so far. I don't require a lot of freezer space so the draws work fine for me. I could see this being an issue if you keep a lot in the freezer as the bottom draw is very deep so hard for organised storage and easy access.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great fridge with a few design flaws

Nothing amiss with its performance in cooling and it’s pretty quiet as well. Looks good too and I love the cold water and ice function. The flaws are as follows: the freezer drawer does not hold a great deal and I definitely prefer the vertical freezer models. Hard to get stuff into its top drawer and the drawer does not come out far enough. The second flaw is in its push button door storage accessed from outside the fridge. A fabulous idea and works great. You can get to milk and butter etc without opening up the entire upper fridge. Only problem is that mine doesn’t close well. If I just gently push it shut 9 times out of ten it doesn’t close completely and 30 seconds later is beeping at me. This is annoying but the freezer shortfalls are more annoying.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Poor quality

The ice-maker and filtered water are the best things about this fridge; unfortunately, the quality is cheap. If you're going from a single door to French, you will be annoyed as there is not much room in the doors.
We have without hardly any force already put a dent in one of the doors, inferior quality materials used for the premium price tag. I guess that is their business model though which doesn't help me as a consumer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

What a great product!

Every part of the refrigerator is very reasonable and humane, especially the temperature of each compartment is very good, the temperature is very stable, the door of the refrigerator is very easy to open, without any effort, the shape of the line is very good, I like it as a whole, I feel this shopping is very much Happy.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

So good I had to get one myself!

A house mate had this same fridge and loved using it so purchased one for our home.
I love the adjustable temp in fruit/ veg draws and the pull out draw in freezer. The dispenser is easy to operate even for my 5 year old. The fridge is easily cleaned inside and out.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great Fridge - spacious

Love this fridge. My husband wanted water and ice - I wasn't particuarly sold on the idea but it's great. Plenty of room inside and love the way the shelves can be changed and moved around. Plenty of space in the doors and trays. Love the freezer at the bottom. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Fantastic Fridge

We traded up thanks to our 10 year old Samsung fridge finally biting the bullet and we are very happy that we did. The amount of space inside it impressive, our old fridge was a side by side and I can see why most new fridges are French door as the convenience of having all of your fridge available at your waist and above is great.

The water and ice maker is very neatly packaged into the door which leaves more space compared to our old fridge even though it is approx the same dimensions (our old one was 583L vs this one at 613L). The ice receptacle is smaller but I think this is a nice compromise.

The ice maker is quiet and the crushed ice function is superior to our last fridge.

The water dispenser dispenses outward which means that filling jugs is much easier than our old fridge that required the jug to be angled in toward the water dispenser.

Opening the doors is also easier than our old fridge which if you needed to open the door soon after opening it once would be hard to pull. In the LG the doors open easily.

There are a number of smart shelves, one of which slides away to allow tall bottles to stand up.

All in all I am very happy with the new LG and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new fridge.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Decent fridge, does the job. Few minor design flaws

Decent fridge which does its job. Water and ice functions work well, although the water dispenses too close to the button which makes it a little tricky to use. The design of the doors and the drawers means you have to have both doors open to open them properly. The stainless steel front scratches and dents a little easily.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good Fridge

The space inside is spacious and the digital thermometer for the fridge is helpful and easy to adjust the temperature of the fridge, shelf space is good and removable for easy cleaning. Could have rated as 5 star if the energy efficiency was higher but I am still happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great

Excellent Product with excellent features. I never had any issue with this item from last 1 year. This product is amazing and value for money product. It has all good features which I found on more expansive products than this. In this fridge you get a lot of space and ice from outside without open the fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great value for money, but...

Compare to other plumbed water and ice dispensing fridges, this is the pick of the lot when it comes to value for money, with the equivalent Hisense product a close second. It is much quieter than the Samsung that I own, especially when making ice, and has a more practical usable space than than most others due to the ice maker being located in the door, not in the main cavity. My only two grumbles: 1. Prepare to invest at least 30 minutes unwrapping it. Honestly, there will be protective wrap, tape and styrofoam everywhere once you have finished 2. The water doesn't come out cold, coolish at best, and in Darwin that is a drawback.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great fridge

Have had this one for about a week. Looks great, really quiet, loving the water and ice machine and pretty slim unlike a lot of fridges like this. All together really happy with purchase. Seems to be all that we expected and more and I think I can download an app for it which is just a bit fancy.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

It is Quiet , very efficient , and has plenty of room. The ice and water feature is unbelievable, don't know how I have lived without one before. Seems to be a good brand and comes with a good warranty. Sleek looking and easy to clean kids finger prints off the doors.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great fridge !

Bought this fridge at harvey norman dandenong for our new home and is a good buy but the occasiobnal noise it makes every one hour or so is annnying sometimes. Good space and functions and great finish which is bonus on top.Overall happy with it and woulds recommend it to everyone

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Suits our lifestyle perfectly!

Love the layout of this fridge.the glass selves are split in half and are independently adjustable which suits if items are of different heights! The freezer drawers are very functional, as we can place bagged items in here (No restriction on width, compared to a side by side freezer layout.) as well as packaged items. the linear compressor is the latest technology, its quiet, & has a ten year warranty. The ice maker/filtered water in the door works really well, handy when needed as you don't have to open the door, which is a energy saver. The crisper is fully removable , even the frame comes out for easy cleaning, as well as the glass shelves. This Fridge/ Freezer was great value for money.